PDA

View Full Version : What Jennifer REALLY said about Serena's withdrawl from San Diego!!

CapFan#1
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:32 PM
I read another article and Jen's quote doesn't sound bad at all:

"If I had to play (today)," said Capriati, "I don't know if I could."

"I mean, she's done it a few times here and there, so it's not like a surprise," said Capriati, 27, the winner here as a teenager in 1991 and '92. "If she's hurt, she's hurt. Myself, I'm injured, but I'm here planning to play."

I hope many posters dig a little deeper regarding media quotes before drawing conclusions and then bashing Jen! :devil:

Pureracket
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Please. . . .those journalists always take half-quotes and other quotes outta context. I've gotten to the point now that I almost wanna see them say it live before I believe any of the quotes that are printed.

Tratree
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Do you mean to say that sometimes the media takes quotes out of context??? :unsure: :scratch: :confused: I am shocked and dismayed ;)

CapFan#1
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:43 PM
That was my point.... in another thread everyone was bashing cappy saying she was bad mouthing serena, but they got her quote from an article that only used part of the above and spun it into some catty response.

Mase
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Do you mean to say that sometimes the media takes quotes out of context??? :unsure: :scratch: :confused: I am shocked and dismayed ;)

Me too......... Im so let down, I thought the media was perfect :sad:

:lol: :wavey:

Malin
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:54 PM

Obviously Serena fans has no idea about the media changing around quotes either, they are all whining about nothing.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Bad Media! Go straight to your room without supper.

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:58 PM
:lol: :lol:

DannerCal
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:02 PM
wow, that sure is different from the yahoo quote.
This one makes more sense, and a good reminder to me that the media does take quotes out of context.

Tratree
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Stupid writers. It's actually quite comical often. I'm not there yet, but I have been in a lot of press conferences at tournaments and when you see the quote they pulled out to run with sometimes it is hilarious as it is quite taken out of context or they don't set it up as the player was joking around, etc. A lot of the writers at Acura sit up at the press office and smoke cigs most of the day and just look at the stats anyway....I know, HUGE surprise considering how INFORMED and accurate their articles always are, huh? I'll give you guys the lowdown from Acura starting tomorrow ;)

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:18 PM
is that an actual quote? I don't see any 'you knows'. :confused: ;)

Jen makes it so easy. :tape: But I like her, sometimes. :)

Jakeev
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Doesn't matter Cappy4ever. besides it gives SOME WIlliams fans something to talk about........

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Jen: [on the phone] Serena! You said you weren't like going to that fucking Hollywood party!

Serena:[on the phone] I know, jen but halle berry and i were reading lines for this scene and she invited me and well...

Jen: Yeah yeah what the fuck ever you were supposed to call me if you were going to like fucking drop out! Now after all that shit I said I can't even drop out even though my fucking shoulder is killing me!!!

Serena: oh... um well I can give you this number and get you this MRI scan to clear you. Then you can go to the party with me.

Jen: fucking cool so what's the like name of your doctor?

Serena: His name is big fats and he works at the kinkos in compton. he can doctor up one of those MRI's in under one minute flat. Just make sure you have him scan only the body part in question otherwise he'll have your ass copied and faxed to jamie fox in ten seconds.

jen: yeah like okay...big fats...compton....so wheres this fucking party?

Serena: matthew perrys place in the ....

Jen: I like know where it is biatch! see you there.

click.

Rocketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:49 PM
I read another article and Jen's quote doesn't sound bad at all:

"If I had to play (today)," said Capriati, "I don't know if I could."

"I mean, she's done it a few times here and there, so it's not like a surprise," said Capriati, 27, the winner here as a teenager in 1991 and '92. "If she's hurt, she's hurt. Myself, I'm injured, but I'm here planning to play."

I hope many posters dig a little deeper regarding media quotes before drawing conclusions and then bashing Jen! :devil:

Yeah but how do we know these are the official quotes and the others are the fake? Maybe these are the fakes and the other one is real?? How do we know?

For the record, I still don't like that part of her adding how she is injured but she's still here. To me it smells of "and Serena could be too if she wanted" ish. :o

jenny161185
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:50 PM
I knew thats what they did with jen's quote thats why it didnt really bother me - all those stupid replies

Trish101
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Omg Too Funny!!!!! More More Moreeee!!

Jakeev! - Call Mee!

Vegetable
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Capriati cracks me up... even if that's out of context, her quotes still are the best...

Jakeev
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:31 AM
Jen: [on the phone] Serena! You said you weren't like going to that fucking Hollywood party!

Serena:[on the phone] I know, jen but halle berry and i were reading lines for this scene and she invited me and well...

Jen: Yeah yeah what the fuck ever you were supposed to call me if you were going to like fucking drop out! Now after all that shit I said I can't even drop out even though my fucking shoulder is killing me!!!

Serena: oh... um well I can give you this number and get you this MRI scan to clear you. Then you can go to the party with me.

Jen: fucking cool so what's the like name of your doctor?

Serena: His name is big fats and he works at the kinkos in compton. he can doctor up one of those MRI's in under one minute flat. Just make sure you have him scan only the body part in question otherwise he'll have your ass copied and faxed to jamie fox in ten seconds.

jen: yeah like okay...big fats...compton....so wheres this fucking party?

Serena: matthew perrys place in the ....

Jen: I like know where it is biatch! see you there.

click.

Wow, Cybelle actually attempted humor and actually was kind of funny.......who knew she had it in her? :lol: