PDA

View Full Version : Will Serena be fined for her last two withdrawals?

maccardel
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Larson newsletter is reporting that Serena can be fined for her last minute withdrawals.....how could this be when she showed up to Acura at least. It is not her fault that she was injured and she at least made some attempt to take part in the tournament.....

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:29 PM
that's puzzling. but they did investigate Venus for pulling out late. *shrug* time will tell.

jbone_0307
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:30 PM
maybe they wont fine her because she cancelled the autograph session just to go to the doc and get an MRI

Tratree
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:43 PM
She didn't show up at Acura. She was in LA getting the MRI yesterday. Funny thing, the Acura website has erased any mention of Serena from their entire website, lol. The press release about her entering is gone, she's off the little poll of who will win and there is no mention of her withdrawal. Guess they might be a bit ticked ;)

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:44 PM
No, but I think that the event can fine the WTA for it, cos of the commitment list promise.

selesrules
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:45 PM
she will be fined because everyone knows that she's ditching the tournaments not because she's injured, it's because she's doing acting.

TSequoia01
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:53 PM
She is doing acting? Well how did she rig the MRI? :confused:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:58 PM
She didn't show up at Acura. She was in LA getting the MRI yesterday. Funny thing, the Acura website has erased any mention of Serena from their entire website, lol. The press release about her entering is gone, she's off the little poll of who will win and there is no mention of her withdrawal. Guess they might be a bit ticked ;)

That makes sense to me you don't want fans coming to the site to get the wrong impression.

as far as the fines go if she has a medical excuse then i find it highly doubtful they will fine her. I mean if jcap pulls out because of her shoulder will they fine her as well?

sartrista7
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:12 PM
That makes sense to me you don't want fans coming to the site to get the wrong impression.

as far as the fines go if she has a medical excuse then i find it highly doubtful they will fine her. I mean if jcap pulls out because of her shoulder will they fine her as well?

She'll be fined because the withdrawal was so late. After all, she did have a whole week to get the MRI done... but no, she preferred to show up looking perfectly healthy at various celebrity parties.

Tratree
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:13 PM
I doubt they will fine her, nor should they when she has a medical reason. I just found it amusing that the website had NO mention of her withdrawing at all. Most tourneys have the usual "________ withdrew due to ________" article.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:15 PM
She'll be fined because the withdrawal was so late. After all, she did have a whole week to get the MRI done... but no, she preferred to show up looking perfectly healthy at various celebrity parties.

um how do you think unhealthy with something like a thigh strain? I mean wouldn't the injury only aggravate or cause problems when you were actually playing? Standing around cannot be that difficult for a thigh strain can it?

sartrista7
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Cybelle, that was sarcastic. Of course Serena can be healthy enough for parties but not tournaments. It does, however, indicate exactly what her priorities are.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:25 PM
I agree she should have gotten the scan earlier, just to get it out of the way and let the tournament know one way or the other.

sarcasm on this board has become increasingly difficult to spot because more and more people actually take to heart what they post even though at first glance one would believe it to be sarcastic. Trust me I have the curse filled pms to prove it.