PDA

View Full Version : Is this campaign going a bit too far?

Glenn
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:06 PM
WTA tour presents: the new "Get In Touch"-collection, now also available for the men.

http://av.tennis-warehouse.com/big/WTAMGIN-big.jpg

:lol:

Jan-Mike will have 5 please... :p

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:07 PM
You know I was thinking it would be cool to have one, appart from the fact everyone in the UK would not understand it.

-Sonic-
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:13 PM
I have to say I hate it.

gentenaire
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:24 PM
LOL!

BTW, I'd like to get one of those T-shirts (women's line), but the shipping costs are about $23!! That's almost twice the price of the T-shirt. Since I'll be going to the US open anyway, I was wondering if these T-shirts are for sale there. Does anyone know?

Linnie
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:27 PM
LOL!

BTW, I'd like to get one of those T-shirts (women's line), but the shipping costs are about $23!! That's almost twice the price of the T-shirt. Since I'll be going to the US open anyway, I was wondering if these T-shirts are for sale there. Does anyone know?
Tine, you can go to the WTA booth. They may be selling them there :)

Meesh
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:30 PM
I have to say I hate it.

Same here, it looks like they got some kid and he put the FONT ON THE BIGGEST SO HE COULD FILL THE WHOLE SHIRT WITH WORDS! :lol:

SM
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:32 PM
i want one :) the pink version ;)

gentenaire
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Tine, you can go to the WTA booth. They may be selling them there :)

That's what I needed to know, thanks :)

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:34 PM
I don't like that font. impact sucks.

it just looks like a bunch of shouting!

-Sonic-
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:35 PM
I prefer Eurosport's "Magical WTA Tour" Bus.

Glenn
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:52 PM

-Sonic-
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:57 PM
what? It rules.

Esp Jelena's "I'm a tough bitch, i'm gonna put this ball down here and I don't care what you say about it" and Serena's "I'm gonna slap u with my 5ft long blond hair like some Mortal Kombat character's death move".

They could make it an international campaign... get the players in a big giant camper van, singing songs, get a few joints n mushrooms in, and trippin' round the world promoting the wonderful magical world of womens tennis.

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:58 PM

Yes, but what are they supposed to be, Bond girls?

-Sonic-
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:05 PM
I dunno. Looks like they're all high & looking at all the amazing trips n hallucinations they're having as they drive around in their hippie van.

Its got potential.

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Yes it has,

But Serena, Kim and Amelie all strike Bond Girl Style poses, and Justine in the longer one does a Kung Fu thing, and Elena D, does that swishy hair thing.

-Sonic-
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Theres just so many possibilities.... and they chose that pink writing bollocks. Its a travesty on the part of their advertising executives.

Justine's thing is hilarious. No idea what she was thinking bless her.

They could be bond girls too.... going undercover in the crowd to "eliminate" the spectator with the loud mobile phone... defusing bombs.... entering the court for a big match from a bungee cord from the ceiling or parachuting down.... rackets with secret tranquilizer darts coming out the bottom of the handle...

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:16 PM
...and all in a pink bus, which hardly touches the ground.

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Does anyone have an MPEG of it! I NEED IT!

Glenn
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:26 PM
There's a new one out already.
It's no longer tennis balls and shit, it's still a van but Myskina, Hantuchova, etc. is also in it.

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:28 PM
OMG I have to see it!

alexusjonesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:33 PM
...and all in a pink bus, which hardly touches the ground.

wow reminds me of spiceworld :eek:

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:34 PM
wow reminds me of spiceworld :eek:

No this bus is cooler, and Meatloaf doesnt drive it.

Beat
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:54 PM
I don't like that font. impact sucks.

it just looks like a bunch of shouting!

erm, i guess that's the point.

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:58 PM
duh, obviously that's the point of the campaign.

my point is that it failed, miserably.

Come-on-kim
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:30 PM
WTA tour presents: the new "Get In Touch"-collection, now also available for the men.

http://av.tennis-warehouse.com/big/WTAMGIN-big.jpg

Jan-Mike will have 5 please... :p
why jan-mike, he's not "feminin" at all!

Glenn
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:31 PM
why jan-mike, he's not "feminin" at all!
You're probably not gay so you don't have a radar for it. :p ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:40 PM

gay dar? sounds more like a desperate homosexual panting after a straight man he cannot have. No wonder so many straight men have issues with gay men.

Glenn
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:48 PM
gay dar? sounds more like a desperate homosexual panting after a straight man he cannot have. No wonder so many straight men have issues with gay men.
1. :topic:

2. You don't know shit about how anyone feels or thinks.

3. Only conservative living in the past lowlifes still have problems with sexual preference, it's called racism, just like anyone would hate on BLACKS.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:51 PM
1. :topic:

2. You don't know shit about how anyone feels or thinks.

3. Only conservative living in the past lowlifes still have problems with sexual preference, it's called racism, just like anyone would hate on BLACKS.

How am I off topic when you, the creator of thread, brought up the whole radar thing?

Also I do know "shit about how anyone feels or thinks" especially on this topic as I have a gay brother.

And if you think only conservatives are racist or homophobic well I am afraid that you are naive.

Come-on-kim
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:51 PM
lol glenn!

I'd like to speak about that with you on msn!!

Why aren't you coming anymore on msn?

Glenn
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:54 PM
How am I off topic when you, the creator of thread, brought up the whole radar thing?

Also I do know "shit about how anyone feels or thinks" especially on this topic as I have a gay brother.

And if you think only conservatives are racist or homophobic well I am afraid that you are naive.
Well, you're conservative and a lowlife and you seem to be. :p

Just kidding though.

Seriously, I've heard Gambill is out as bisexual, not that I care, as I think he's ugly.

Let's get back to the original subject though.

Who on the ATP planet would actually wear one of those? :confused:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Wow if I am conservative there must be millions of weird freaky ultra liberal pot smoking free wheeling good time feeling liberals out there.

Oh and the shirt really sucks. Don't these wta officials have a marketing department and a graphic designer?

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:02 PM
I'd like to elaborate on my point that the shirt sucks.

huge letters, like the ones on said shirt, work better on print or ads. It does not translate well on wearable things because it shouts and the letters will run off under someone's arm or get tucked in to one's pants, defeating the purpose. And the left alignment on the shirt, sucks. It would have been better if it was centered.

GET
line of text blah blah blah blah blah blah
line of text blah blah blah blah blah blah
SIDE

looks retarded. :tape: