PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone Kim ISN'T friends with?

jenglisbe
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:11 PM
I got to see the Clijsters/Capriati match from ESPN2 as I had taped it, and they ran yet another piece about Clijsters being great friends with her opponent. This seems to happen about every match she plays. Who isn't Kim friends with?

Hulet
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:13 PM
I don't think she is friends with venus (only cordial) but I guess that has to do more with venus than kim. ;p

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:16 PM
^ tis true.

From the AO semi interview, I gathered that Serena and Kim are close. Well I knew that... in Tokyo and at the Tour Champs they were buddy buddy. :)

Kim is so sickenly sweet... she gives me a cavity. :( :hearts:

Fantastic
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:29 PM
I think the word "friend" is thrown around way too loosely.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:26 PM
justine.

stijntje
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Jelena Dokic isn't one of Kim faves...
They used to be quite close... They played doubles together in junior tournaments...
Dokic became a top-10 player quite some time before Kim did... Kim once said in an article that Dokic was ignoring her after she became a top-10 player...

Don't know if it's really true tough...

rhz
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:46 PM
They used to be quite close... They played doubles together in junior tournaments...
Dokic became a top-10 player quite some time before Kim did... Kim once said in an article that Dokic was ignoring her after she became a top-10 player...

they still play doubles together last year.

great smash
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:46 PM

I heard similar quotes, but that's like ancient history. They definitly patched things up last year, when they started playing doubles together again.

Nemesis
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:03 PM
justine.
Now who is obsessed by who? :rolleyes:

Kim is "friends" with almost everybody that wants to talk to her, but I think it is very superficial. She is only very good friends with Ai and maybe a couple of other players. Not with all of them.

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:08 PM
She may get along well with most players on tour, but I heard she isn't returning Ivo Karlovic's calls at the moment.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Now who is obsessed by who? :rolleyes:

Kim is "friends" with almost everybody that wants to talk to her, but I think it is very superficial. She is only very good friends with Ai and maybe a couple of other players. Not with all of them.

From the looks of it You are obsessed with me. The title of the thread is "is there anyone kim isn't friends with." Well If she didn't attend justine's wedding, one of the biggest and most important days of her "friends" life, well I think that is a big sign that they are not friends.

sorry to disappoint you but as a woman I know how important a wedding day is and I would not nor have I ever missed the wedding of one of my friends nor would they miss mine.

Come-on-kim
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:24 PM

that's false!!

Kim became top-10 before Jelena!!

Kim became top-10 in June 2001, Jelena became top-10 in September 2001!

Elke
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Don't think Kim is friends with everyone, she just gets along with pretty much everyone on tour.
Maybe she's only really close to Ai and Jen.

Guess that makes life on the tour a bit easier.

GoGoMaggie
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:39 PM
I'm not friends with Kim.

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:46 PM
True, but I'll bet you're not really friends with Maleeva either, despite statements to the contrary in your signature.

Nemesis
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:13 PM
From the looks of it You are obsessed with me. The title of the thread is "is there anyone kim isn't friends with." Well If she didn't attend justine's wedding, one of the biggest and most important days of her "friends" life, well I think that is a big sign that they are not friends.

sorry to disappoint you but as a woman I know how important a wedding day is and I would not nor have I ever missed the wedding of one of my friends nor would they miss mine.
I agree that I do not believe the fact that Kim and Justine are not close friends. But to say she comes along worse with Justine than any other player than Ai or Jennifer is wrong ... That is what I meant.

Not coming to her wedding ... With the excuse of having to assist Lleyton. Could be just to avoid her wedding ... But why? You say you think Kim doesn't like Justine. Posible ... Proof? No! Other possibility is not to take too much attention from Justine's big day. You know: she just won the Master by beating Serena and the Belgian press was jumping all over her.

Did you actually forget what Kim did on Justine's birthday? She made a drawing and hung it in the lockerroom so everybody would know it was her birthday. They are real enemies, yeah, you are right :confused:

They come along supeficially. Like she does with Serena, Lindsay, etc. To say Kim is only no friends with Justine, is obsessed.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:29 PM
I agree that I do not believe the fact that Kim and Justine are not close friends. But to say she comes along worse with Justine than any other player than Ai or Jennifer is wrong ... That is what I meant.

Not coming to her wedding ... With the excuse of having to assist Lleyton. Could be just to avoid her wedding ... But why? You say you think Kim doesn't like Justine. Posible ... Proof? No! Other possibility is not to take too much attention from Justine's big day. You know: she just won the Master by beating Serena and the Belgian press was jumping all over her.

Did you actually forget what Kim did on Justine's birthday? She made a drawing and hung it in the lockerroom so everybody would know it was her birthday. They are real enemies, yeah, you are right :confused:

They come along supeficially. Like she does with Serena, Lindsay, etc. To say Kim is only no friends with Justine, is obsessed.

You are unbelievable! After that rant you come back say you agree with me? Well then what exactly is your problem? Are you trying to argue just to agrue? Well that isnt worth my time.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? Did I say she didn't like her? No, I said they weren't friends. Did I say there were enemies? No, I didn't. Please provide a quote where I said that.

Did I say that kim is only no friends with justine? No I did not. I provided a clear one world answer to the thread title and you went spastic. You are a clear example of the obsessed and paranoid kim fan.

Nemesis
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Kim fan :unsure: Ask Lynx: I'm certainly no Kim fan! :p

As for the "don't like", "enemy" thing ... Just exaggerating to prove my point ... It's a technique if you don't know that.

As you only put Justine's name on the "no friends" list, you kinda seem stuck with your fingers on the J, U, S, T, I, N & E keys. That is being obsessed. You can't think of anyone else & type anyone else's name than Justine when they ask you a question. You may not have remembered the drawing, but then again you remember the wedding ... :confused:

Elke
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:45 PM
First time I hear Nemesis is a Kimfan :o
I think he sees him being a Kimfan as an insult...;)

Nemesis
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:46 PM
First time I hear Nemesis is a Kimfan :o
I think he sees him being a Kimfan as an insult...;)
It's "she" :o

Iconoclast
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:47 PM
She may get along well with most players on tour, but I heard she isn't returning Ivo Karlovic's calls at the moment.
As long as she can return his serves, she will be fine.

i_like_tennis
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:49 PM
black people....Belgium people dont see
those too often.....:)

Elke
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:51 PM
It's "she" :o
sorry then!:o:angel:

Nemesis
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:53 PM
sorry then!:o:angel:
It's forgiven, Elke ;) :D :wavey:

"Topaz"
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Is there anyone Kim ISN'T friends with?

For sure, Lleyton. There is a couple of other words for their case. :angel:

I know, I know, some believe and even sing: "we don't have to be one or the other".