PDA

View Full Version : M_o_n_i_c_a__S_e_l_e_s

selesrules
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Do you think she should take the rest of the year off? How serious is her injury? We love you Monica!

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Like Anna's it needs rest, however, Monica has been toying with the idea of retirment for about 3 years now. If its too serious I think we might not see her back on the tour.

hingis-seles
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Well, she's already the greatest player of all-time, so there isn't much left for her to achieve.

But she should go out on top. Maybe another GS title would be nice....

selesrules
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:04 PM
dava_russianrule, I really don't think that Monica wants to retire. It's the media who puts words in her mouth, but I feel that if she's healthy she could play for at least 2-3 more years. Look at Agassi. But she always gets injured, I really hope this isn't serious.

hingis-seles, you're right. She doesn't have anything to prove and she's the greatest. But I really hope that she will have a "nice end", it would be a shame if her career ends on an injury. She deserves better!

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:07 PM
You know if Monica won the US Open this year, I think she would might retire, it would be a fairytale ending, and everyone would cry. I hope Monica does not retire, but I just get the feeling. She seems to ahve a lost her X factor in matches. The only time I have seen her play 100% this year was in Dubai.

tennisjam
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:13 PM
...I would like her to end her career on something big too... :bounce:

...though her career is big itself...

Good luck, Monica...The Queen of tennis courts :bounce: :wavey:

ktwtennis
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Even in Dubai she had ankle problems...And I think it's her body that's going to affect her mentally and make her think that she has to quit early...It's a shame...