PDA

View Full Version : A good sportmanship (friendship?) attitude from Jennifer!

Come-on-kim
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:48 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/ClijstersCapriati072803.jpg

This picture have been taken Sunday night or yesterday in San Diego! But still, I don't know many players who would take a pic with the player who defeated her some hours before while being so near from winning the match!

So, :worship: at Jenny! I hope you and Kim will stay friends for long!

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:48 PM
They are very good friends I believe, when the played in Rome, they practised in the morning, and I would not be suprised if they did the same here.

Munchen
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Kim is such a nice player on and off the court, thats why she is soo popular!

Diya
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Jennifer :worship: :hearts:
Kim :worship:

BasicTennis
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Kim has the more sincere smile in that pic.:devil:

great smash
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:53 PM
[

This picture have been taken Sunday night or yesterday in San Diego! But still, I don't know many players who would take a pic with the player who defeated her some hours before while being so near from winning the match!

So, :worship: at Jenny! I hope you and Kim will stay friends for long!

Good one Jenny, however, their friendship is a major factor. Try as hard as you can, you won't find a similar picture taken after the Miami final :lol:

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:54 PM
hmmmmmmmm are these the two finalists for the Acura championship???

SerenaJWilliams hopes so

great smash
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:56 PM
hmmmmmmmm are these the two finalists for the Acura championship???

SerenaJWilliams hopes so

Sure you do as this would mean Serena's on top for another week ;)

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:59 PM
what? i want Kim to reach the final. your posts should make sense but it doesnt

great smash
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:01 PM
what? i want Kim to reach the final. your posts should make sense but it doesnt

It's not Kim I'm talking about, I know you dont mind her making the final.

The thing is Henin has to be in the picture as the losing finalist if there's to be any chance of Kim taking the top spot
:p

Come-on-kim
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Sure you do as this would mean Serena's on top for another week ;)
that was exactly what I was about to say ;)

irma
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:02 PM
they got to know each other after kim went to fila too that's what kim said after stanford. so it's not only good sportmanship but also obligation. I have seen that a lot in the past. if steffi had not retired and not walked around with a nike bag then she would have been "friends" with martina the second too

Hulet
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Please, friendship is not the same as sportsmaship. You see picture of venus always hugging serena after every defeat - you don't see people going around declaring what a sportsman venus is (she just loves her sister).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38119000/jpg/_38119965_sisters_console_pa.jpg

Glenn
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Please, friendship is not the same as sportsmaship. You see picture of venus always hugging serena after every defeat - you don't see people going around declaring what a sportsman venus is (she just loves her sister).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38119000/jpg/_38119965_sisters_console_pa.jpg
Yea, that confirms the top post again.
Jennifer and Kim aren't relatives and they still go about the loss as well if not better than 2 sisters.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Tell us how you really feel! What a stark contrast.

"It's very disappointing because you don't have the No. 1 American and No. 1 player in the world playing in her home country," said world No. 2 and second seed Clisters.

"She's done it a few times now and then, so its not a surprise," said fifth-seeded Capriati, the 1991 and '92 champion here. "There are a lot other good players entered as well. Hey, I'm injured and I'm here."

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:48 PM
:lol: @ eta...

but seriously, do you think everyone on the tour are enemies? why are we surprised that two grown ass women are able to take a picture together after one of them got their ass kicked in a final a few hours ago? this speaks a lot about the perceived relationships that women have.

I wasn't shocked when the Nets got their asses kicked by the Spurs and Jason Kidd hugged Tim Duncan and his other opponents.

This is just a game. :)

gentenaire
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:50 PM
That's a great picture!

It's well known Kim and Jennifer practise a lot together. They have similar styles too. I remember Lei Clijsters saying that Jennifer's father has often given Kim some good advice when they were practising.

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:53 PM
ok, can I just say that I really loved Kim's outfit on Sunday? I liked Jenny's too but I'm having an allergic reaction to white since all my faves have been wearing it this year :(

and I also forgot to say, great pic but Jenny needs to brush her hair. :o

Jakeev
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Kim has the more sincere smile in that pic.:devil:

Honey, you are a second-rate version of TeeRex so I would keep your day job and keep the comedy to the experts k? :kiss:

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:09 PM
It's not Kim I'm talking about, I know you dont mind her making the final.

The thing is Henin has to be in the picture as the losing finalist if there's to be any chance of Kim taking the top spot
:p

oh ok i get it now! i didnt know Kim needed to beat Justine to get to the top spot this week.....as i dont want Justine in the final, if its a Jen-Kim final its a win win situation for me ;)

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Jen and Kim bonded after the 2001 French open marathon final aparently. Jen is actually extremely gracious after a defeat so why people accuse her of being bitter ill never know. i guess they just dont know the real Jenny and like to believe everything she sez is somehow a bitch at serena. of course intelegant fans such as serenajwilliams know better as she's a fan of both!;) :kiss:
and Cari, i think Jens hair looks great!! its called the bed look ;) :lick:
:hearts: Jennifer :hearts:

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:14 PM
rofl, JM! duly noted.

I like Jen's highlights... so there! :p

tenn_ace
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:15 PM

why does everything have to be about williams sisters??? has anyone of them been mentioned anywhere in this thread until you brought it up? :rolleyes:

and as for this thread topic, wasn't Kim at one of Jenn's earlier matches in the tournaments, watching and chatting with Stefano?

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Jen and Kim bonded after the 2001 French open marathon final aparently. Jen is actually extremely gracious after a defeat so why people accuse her of being bitter ill never know. i guess they just dont know the real Jenny and like to believe everything she sez is somehow a bitch at serena. of course intelegant fans such as serenajwilliams know better as she's a fan of both!;) :kiss:
and Cari, i think Jens hair looks great!! its called the bed look ;) :lick:
:hearts: Jennifer :hearts:

LMAO after the Wimbledon quarters Jen was so gracious waving to the crowd and Serena clapped her for that. cmon now ppl like to make them out to be worst enemies but i swear to god they arent. they have been quite civil to each other recently. they are both fiery characters (Jen moreso but yes Serena is kinda fiery) but recent comments have told me they have real respect for each other.

in the past i wish they WOULDNT have said certain things about each other but i dont love either girl any less for it ;)

ps ive always said Jen has arguably the best hair on tour!

Hulet
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:22 PM
why does everything have to be about williams sisters??? has anyone of them been mentioned anywhere in this thread until you brought it up? :rolleyes:

and as for this thread topic, wasn't Kim at one of Jenn's earlier matches in the tournaments, watching and chatting with Stefano?
Um, my posts wasn't about williams sisters. I just put them as an example to show that not everything is a demonstration of sportsmanship. I don't think venus is very good in that department, but she hugs her sister and takes a picture of serena accepting trophy whenever she loses to her b/c she is her sister. Similarly, I don't think Jennifer is very sportsman(?) person, but she is happy if her friend wins (like almost everyone would be). If it was another person (for sake of example, I have to again mention Serena's name here :o ) who beat her, I don't think you will see Jenn taking a similar picture with her.

Sportsmanship = how classy you act when your hated competitor beats you
Friendship = how you react when your friend beats you. Duh. Another moronic post by me. :o

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:33 PM
LMAO after the Wimbledon quarters Jen was so gracious waving to the crowd and Serena clapped her for that. cmon now ppl like to make them out to be worst enemies but i swear to god they arent. they have been quite civil to each other recently. they are both fiery characters (Jen moreso but yes Serena is kinda fiery) but recent comments have told me they have real respect for each other.

in the past i wish they WOULDNT have said certain things about each other but i dont love either girl any less for it ;)

ps ive always said Jen has arguably the best hair on tour!

lol! she sure duz!!
yes its true bout the wimbly quaters-i actually went to the players lounge to meet Jenny after that defeat and how anyone can say she's bitter and a bitch in defeat ill never know! :rolleyes: well, i will, theyve just never had the pleasure of actually spending any time with Jen-the real Jen, off court. she's very different off court actually. and she most definately wasnt bitchy to me, or in her interview.

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:39 PM
1) how did u get in the players lounge and why didnt take me?! :sad:
2) did u jump her :devil::tape:

maccardel
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:48 PM
It is a nice pic, but I think that they are just plotting to let Kim win and take the top spot from Serena...looks like they were busted to me and tried to play it off......Isn't this taken right after Kim gave Jen half her winnings? That is the thing isn't it? Jen let Kim win cos Kim will move closer to number one.......that is why they are the only ones quoted about Serena's withdrawal from Acura.....It gets stranger......

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:54 PM
LOL! good one macc, i love a good conspiracy theory!! so we should see another Kim/Jen final if they plot it right! and Justine will go along with losing in the semi as her and kim are good mates too ;)

SJW, i did not jump Jen.....she jumped me! ;)
well, ok not jumped exactly, just wrapped her arms round me :hearts: :hug: (hence my location <- ;) )

Brαm
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Is Kim (that much) taller than Jennifer? :confused::confused:

AleOrtu
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:16 PM
a great picture

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:24 PM
SJW, i did not jump Jen.....she jumped me! ;)
well, ok not jumped exactly, just wrapped her arms round me :hearts: :hug: (hence my location <- ;) )

u still didnt explain why you didnt take me!!!!!!!!

well i got a "thank you very much" from Serena so im down :cool:

Andy_
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Is Kim (that much) taller than Jennifer? :confused::confused:

I don't think so, honestly... maybe that also has to do with Kim's cap :)
I think it's nice indeed that they get along well, that they're on friendly terms. It must feel good when you know that the person on the other side of the net is going to hang around with you after the match and actually smile at you, win or lose. And obviously having played that marathon three-setter in Paris must have helped to get them closer.