PDA

View Full Version : Kim and Jennifer respond to Serena's withdraw

DannerCal
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:55 AM
"It's very disappointing because you don't have the No. 1 American and No. 1 player in the world playing in her home country," said world No. 2 and second seed Clisters.

"She's done it a few times now and then, so its not a surprise," said fifth-seeded Capriati, the 1991 and '92 champion here. "There are a lot other good players entered as well. Hey, I'm injured and I'm here."

From Yahoo sports (above).

I liked Kim's comment.
I think Jennifer seems to be bitter. She may have to withdraw herself, (after her medical exam and practice on Tuesday).

Anyway - Sorry that Serena has to pull out. That is disappointing. Too bad they did not know sooner, so they could have placed a seed at the top. Hope Serena and Jennifer, (and Monica and Amelie), are 100% soon.

BasicTennis
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Had Jennifer won the previous tourney, she wouldn't have felt injured.:yawn:

irma
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:01 AM
still serena was injured already last week so why didn't she pull out before the draw was made but cappy's comment is still dumb. how does she know in what pain serena is?
maybe she thought an injured not able to move serena is one I might have a chance to beat. don't forget last time I did serena hardly could stay on court either and after it became 0-8

persond
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:02 AM
And, whose surprised at Jenn's comment...??? Really, it's typical JCap fodder...!!!

DannerCal
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:05 AM
Guess I just expect more class.

Dawn Marie
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:08 AM
"She's done it a few times now and then, so its not a surprise," said fifth-seeded Capriati, the 1991 and '92 champion here. "There are a lot other good players entered as well. Hey, I'm injured and I'm here."

"damn this gurl has no respect for her parents at all" Everytime she talks she let's the world know her "Pops and Mamaw" didn't do that a great of a job teaching her any manners.

She is the type of girl who would:

Cut down the last tree
Poison the last river
Catch the last Fish
and eat all the money

tennisIlove09
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:23 AM
Serena and Jennifer have been very catty with each other since the 2001 season. They just don't like each other. I don't think Jennifer like that Serena had an excuse every time she beat Serena. The worst was at Wimbledon

irma
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:26 AM
no she is pissed that since serena solved those problems their head to head is 8:0

Trish101
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:34 AM
-dawn marie hun...all those things you said...that was just harsh! (she may be a lil snotty, but she AINT evil!)

True they are catty, but its called COMPETITION...and lets face it, when your talking about a lot of money and two arch rivals in Capriati and S.williams, your just gonna get that...its like J Frazier against M. Ali, they respected each others talents, but they also were bitter rivals.

Its like what Jen said "we wouldnt have tea or anything like that, thats for sure."

Maybe they dont like each other, we dont know that for sure, but one thing is for sure, they both respect the others ability to play brilliant tennis, thats all that needs to be said!

BasicTennis
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Jen should be thankful that Serena has withdrawn because she now has a 50% chance to win a title.:devil:

gopher
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:41 AM
actually she has done it done it a few times now and then, so its not a surprise.
It is actually a fact, not a reproach. Cannot understand why people are so bothered about this.

Robbie.
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:26 AM
actually she has done it done it a few times now and then, so its not a surprise.
It is actually a fact, not a reproach. Cannot understand why people are so bothered about this.

:worship: Finally some sense

BasicTennis
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:34 AM
yeah, Jennifer is naturally depressed being titless.;)

WtaTour4Ever
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:40 AM
I for once am not pissed....I do find it quite funny albeit frank too!!

Trish101
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:42 AM
BT you just keep getting raunchier and raunchier dont you?, i wonder where her tits whent ? Wait just a minute! are you trying to make us all jealous by wearing Jennifers boobies! you devil you!....well we are not impressed!

(i like my men....breast-less thanks!)

MartinaI
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:00 AM
I think they are just honest comments from both players, reflecting their personalities, and it's good to see different personalities alive and well in the modern game!

Trish101
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:08 AM
well said martina!

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:10 AM
I think they are just honest comments from both players, reflecting their personalities, and it's good to see different personalities alive and well in the modern game!

couldn't have said it any better

mn73
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:56 AM
What a load of crap - she was probably just joking. She said herself in the same interview that she may withdraw herself if her shoulder hurts during her practice session on Tuesday, so she is hardly criticising Serena for pulling out injured. And I am sure all players get frustrated if an interviewer asks them how a tournament will cope without Serena Williams, as if the rest of them don't count. Having said all that Jen should realise that even comments in jest like that don't end up looking that good set down in print!

sunnysideup
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:30 AM
What a load of crap - she was probably just joking. She said herself in the same interview that she may withdraw herself if her shoulder hurts during her practice session on Tuesday, so she is hardly criticising Serena for pulling out injured. And I am sure all players get frustrated if an interviewer asks them how a tournament will cope without Serena Williams, as if the rest of them don't count. Having said all that Jen should realise that even comments in jest like that don't end up looking that good set down in print!
somebody needs to educate Jenny.:sad:

sartrista7
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:39 AM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this. Capriati's just stating some facts:

Serena has pulled out a few times now and then
It's not a surprise that she's done it again
There are a lot of other good players entered
Jennifer is injured and is here

You can't find fault in those observations.

sunnysideup
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Jenny can now be very proud of herself for entering a tourney even while injured...at least she has a reason if she loses.:sad:

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:53 AM
I think both reactions are justified. I mean its very dissapointing for me, cos I love to watch the sisters play, and I think that tournaments should have the best players, most weeks. You know Serena has not played a tier 2 event this year.

I also think they pull out at the last minute to often. Although to be fair, they are probably asked, to come and do promo stuff by the organizers, and are told, if they can play, play, if they cant, well at least you helped with promo.

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:36 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!

Kims comment is why i love her :worship:
Jennifers comments is why i find it harder than most to be a Jennifer fan ;)

Kim vs Jen final vamos :bounce:

great smash
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:39 PM
I think both reactions are justified. I mean its very dissapointing for me, cos I love to watch the sisters play, and I think that tournaments should have the best players, most weeks. You know Serena has not played a tier 2 event this year.
I also think they pull out at the last minute to often. Although to be fair, they are probably asked, to come and do promo stuff by the organizers, and are told, if they can play, play, if they cant, well at least you helped with promo.

Almost right. She played Paris this year.

I wonder why she decided to give them the honour. She sure wasn't aware of what was awaiting her 3 months later ;)

Munchen
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:14 PM
i LOVE jenny's comments!!!!

Janet
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Kim comment about serena withdrawing from this week tourament, is a true thing to say the world #1 is not their, and for Jennifer we know she is not fond of Serena at all she has blood in hers for Serena when she plays her..................next time they play look closely, but it's time for Jennifer to shut-up about if serena to pull out of events and win some titles, does'nt Jenn know Serena already made her mark on tennis, some people just never learn..............if I was jenn she should worry about herself, and not Serena (serena already accomplish a lot!!) setting sight on other careers, I know some players just have a jealousy for the Williams...............

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Man, Jenny tell us how you really feel.

She should be thankful because Jen=owned by Serena which makes her comment even more hilarious!

I'm hoping for another Kim vs. Jen final.

Jakeev
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Serena is definitely injured but the question has got to be is how come she could not have found about the true diagnosis of her injury say Friday instead of yesterday?

DA FOREHAND
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Jenns comment were classless. She's sick and tired of always having to comment on the Williams sisters, and the implication that they are the best(they are) and that a tournament w/out them is less of a challenge(...other good players here...). Don't worry Jenn, if you take the %40 chance and win this title it will end the drought, but you'll still get asked if you're ready to challenge Venus and Serena.

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Jen is just saying what everyone else thinks but hasnt got the guts to say!! or simply Jen just says what she thinks and dont bother walking on eggshells around everyone elses egos. GO JEN!! :devil:

and it is an interesting question as to whjy Serena didnt withdraw earlier as she's been injured all week. aledjedly :p so was she just waiting to see the result of the final between Jen and Kim b4 she decided?........the plot thickens ;)

treufreund
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:00 PM

"damn this gurl has no respect for her parents at all" Everytime she talks she let's the world know her "Pops and Mamaw" didn't do that a great of a job teaching her any manners.

Cut down the last tree
Poison the last river
Catch the last Fish but
and eat all the money

actually I am a JENN FAN but these comments are a little unfair from her.

But you have to admit that Jenn is consistently catty and adds spice to the tour. :o

Jakeev
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Jenns comment were classless. She's sick and tired of always having to comment on the Williams sisters, and the implication that they are the best(they are) and that a tournament w/out them is less of a challenge(...other good players here...). Don't worry Jenn, if you take the %40 chance and win this title it will end the drought, but you'll still get asked if you're ready to challenge Venus and Serena.

And what you just said does not make you an equally classless bitch? :mad:

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Jen Marie. Serena had an MRI scan which has revealed damage.

i was questioning Serena being "injured" myself (;)) but this sounds serious

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I hope she is okay, I hate it when players are injured, especially ANNA!!

DA FOREHAND
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:04 PM
"It's very disappointing because you don't have the No. 1 American and No. 1 player in the world playing in her home country," said world No. 2 and second seed Clisters.

From Yahoo sports (above).

I liked Kim's comment.
I think Jennifer seems to be bitter. She may have to withdraw herself, (after her medical exam and practice on Tuesday).

Anyway - Sorry that Serena has to pull out. That is disappointing. Too bad they did not know sooner, so they could have placed a seed at the top. Hope Serena and Jennifer, (and Monica and Amelie), are 100% soon.

Because contrary to popular believe she would actually like to play! I'm sure she was getting treatment, but was advised that it wouldn't be wise to risk further injury. Why is that so hard to believe? Jenn's not sure she's gonna be able to play but she's there, if she pulls out are people gonna question her withdrawal?

Jakeev
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Jen Marie. Serena had an MRI scan which has revealed damage.

i was questioning Serena being "injured" myself (;)) but this sounds serious

But I am sure when Jen made her supposed comment she had no idea what was really going on with Serena.

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:10 PM
well if Jen didn't know what was going on with Serena, perhaps she should have kept her mouth shut.

She pretty much said 'Oh, Serena withdraws all the time so it's just one of those... blah blah blah...' She's still playing with her injury. Jen should know you can't play through every injury. I bet if Jen pulled out, she'd have a built-in excuse. We know Serena has a problem with tendonitis... yet she still gets criticized. If this pectoral pull was a constant problem for Cap, would she be criticized. I doubt it.

Jasmin
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:10 PM
This is no surprise. Jen's a natural bia@ch.

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:11 PM
But I am sure when Jen made her supposed comment she had no idea what was really going on with Serena.

no i was talking to JenniferMarie the poster :D

DA FOREHAND
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:12 PM

Then she should have kept her mouth shut, especially now that she may be in the same position and have to pull out.

I don't think Jennifer has matured much, she still acts like a brat. I can see her starring in the tennis version of

"What ever happened to Baby Jenn(Jane)"

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:16 PM

funny enough has not jen done the same thing? withdrawn from tournaments because of an injury? hasn't EVERY PLAYER done this several times in their career? Look at monica didn't she just withdraw from several events these last few months? Look at anna? Hasn't she done the dame thing?

Honestly its really ridiculous. If jen wanted to slam her she would have had a more logical target at her toronto pull out. If the tendonitis is hampering her play then why aggravate it? Its just not wise.

CapFan#1
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Jen's just stating the facts people try make something out of NOTHING GROW UP

treufreund
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:19 PM
actually I am a JENN FAN but these comments are a little unfair from her.

But you have to admit that Jenn is consistently catty and adds spice to the tour. :o

GET WELL SOON SERENA!

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:23 PM
ok SJW, ill take your word for it! ;) Jen was just stating a fact, Serena duz pull out of alot of tournies (last week, this week, toronto) and like Jen sez its no big deal coz there are 7 other top ten players there!! she's not being a bitch, she's probly pissed off that the media seem to insinuate that a tourny is nothing without serena there.
People just like to believe Jen's a bitch the same as people like to belive the wiliams conspire with each other. Fine, if these things make it fun for you do it, but dont go round calling Jen a bitch when youve never even met her or actually heard in what context her comments were made.

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:26 PM
ok, that is sensible, JM. but I think the comments were rude but I'm used to um... Jen's frankness.

she's not a bitch, though, unlike Serena, who's a sexy bitch. :drool:

CapFan#1
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:27 PM
ok SJW, ill take your word for it! ;) Jen was just stating a fact, Serena duz pull out of alot of tournies (last week, this week, toronto) and like Jen sez its no big deal coz there are 7 other top ten players there!! she's not being a bitch, she's probly pissed off that the media seem to insinuate that a tourny is nothing without serena there.
People just like to believe Jen's a bitch the same as people like to belive the wiliams conspire with each other. Fine, if these things make it fun for you do it, but dont go round calling Jen a bitch when youve never even met her or actually heard in what context her comments were made.

WELL SAID!! SOMEONE WITH SOME COMMON SENSE AROUND HERE!! :worship:

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:35 PM

baby check teletext on bbc1 :p

Jen WAS stating a fact

yes it IS true

and her words were taken out of context.

i would say dont diss Jen at all, but if ur gonna diss her, please find out what context she made them in ;)

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:38 PM
so u agreein with me? im all confused! :confused: i am just a horny blonde capper slapper after all! ;)

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:39 PM
more pics of you in the graveyard, stat! :drool:

hopefully you're not confused... :p

SJW will agree with me... :lol:

whiteplains
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:41 PM
They shudder when they see Serena's name in the draw (especially if she is in their section) and now they have the nerve to bitch about her pulling out...don't bite the hand that feeds you folks...LOL

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:42 PM
so u agreein with me? im all confused! :confused: i am just a horny blonde capper slapper after all! ;)

i quoted ur post and agreed with each section :p

telling u to check ceefax for info on the MRI scan

Cari i aint agreeing with you :tape: JenMarie thinks im real confused as it is, aint that right biznatch ;)

maccardel
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Jen should be overjoyed that Serena withdrew because it increased her chances of getting to the semis.....

I don't think Jen should be commenting on Serena's issues considering she has alot of her own to worry about. When she can solve the head issues and the three setter issue, then she can talk.......

selesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Jen should be thankful that Serena has withdrawn because she now has a 50% chance to win a title.:devil:

LOL! She probably jumped for joy when Serena withdrew. ;)

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:48 PM
i quoted ur post and agreed with each section :p

telling u to check ceefax for info on the MRI scan

Cari i aint agreeing with you :tape: JenMarie thinks im real confused as it is, aint that right biznatch ;)

ahh! ;) i will read ceefax while im eating my dinner later ;)
LOL, my favorite ho, u r not confused exactly, just exploring new horizons! ;)

and Cari, u leave my graveyard pics out of this!! :eek:

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:50 PM
LOL! She probably jumped for joy when Serena withdrew. ;)

and why not? i did! :p :devil:

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:52 PM
pffffffffffffffftttttttt :p

selesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:56 PM
and why not? i did! :p :devil:

LOL! I think Serena really likes Jen and is trying to give her a chance to win a tournament. ;)

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:57 PM
just keepin it real SJW baby!!! ;) ;) ;)

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:57 PM
rofl, I'll leave your graveyard pics on my PC... :drool:

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:59 PM
rofl, I'll leave your graveyard pics on my PC... :drool:
:eek: how many of them do u have? :unsure:

NJjeff
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Jen stated the truth, what's the big deal? I know it sucks when your fav has to withdrawl, but don't take it out on Jen. From what I have seen on this board anything she says get criticized from certain posters...

-Sonic-
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:02 PM
oh well :D thats just classic heehee!!!!

in another thread yesterday someone said it was that sort of comment that gave jen charisma and gave the tour more of its fun :) Def made me laugh anyway.

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:05 PM
:eek: how many of them do u have? :unsure:

she has them all. i cant believe i have to compete with pictures :p

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:06 PM
just keepin it real SJW baby!!! ;) ;) ;)

ppppppppppffffffffffffffffttttttttttt :p

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:06 PM
*cough* I'm a collector... what can I say. :p

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:08 PM
From what I have seen on this board anything she says get criticized from certain posters...

aint that the truth!!! People just love dissing Jen, its their hobby. they scour the papers and every press clipping/interview/etc just to find something they can turn into a negative comment about the sisters just to keep the whole Jen hates serena fantasy going in their heads. for some posters here, that is their obsession, right Teerex?! :p :devil:

Jennifer's wife
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:11 PM
*cough* I'm a collector... what can I say. :p

youre a what was that? a colll....lesbian??!!! :devil: :p ;) :D :lol:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Jen's comments are just honest!!!!!!

NOW!!!! Dont complain if Kim will be crowned as the best player in the world by next month.
Serena and Venus are not playing too many tournaments coz they know their body cant hold it. They cannot play just by tactics and mind, their need their body 100% coz its all about power and intimidation.

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:33 PM
youre a what was that? a colll....lesbian??!!! :devil: :p ;) :D :lol:
ok, I give up... I'm dead. ROFL!

and QL, that's a load of crap... they push down too hard on the court when they play, causing their frequent tendonitis. they do use their brains on the court. if that wasn't the case, I could just pick up a racquet today and be the #1 player in the world. :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Jen's comments are just honest!!!!!!

NOW!!!! Dont complain if Kim will be crowned as the best player in the world by next month.
Serena and Venus are not playing too many tournaments coz they know their body cant hold it. They cannot play just by tactics and mind, their need their body 100% coz its all about power and intimidation.

I remember lindsay missing close to an entire season not too long ago. And didn't she hurt her pinkie toe? I guess a hurt pinkie toe is just too much of a strain on her very physical game and she had to retire from that match becuse her tactics and mind were not up to snuff.

Also kim will not be crowned the best player in the world but she will be crowned the number one player when she gets enough points.

TSequoia01
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Got to admit how surprised I am at how posters ignore the fact that medical evidence has validated Serena's injury. The fact that she has withdrawn from her last two tournies only validates there is a problem. She cited scheduling problems as the reason for withdrawing from Toronto. I give her kudos for at least giving every effort to play and not just withdrawing too early. As far as Jen's comments go, Serena is in her head. :cool:

bandabou
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:52 PM
All this whining. Medical evidence says that Serena´s injured! When she pulls out days in advance, people say she´s weak! When she waits a bit longer to see how it pans, then there´s a problem too?!

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:53 PM
I remember lindsay missing close to an entire season not too long ago. And didn't she hurt her pinkie toe? I guess a hurt pinkie toe is just too much of a strain on her very physical game and she had to retire from that match becuse her tactics and mind were not up to snuff.

Also kim will not be crowned the best player in the world but she will be crowned the number one player when she gets enough points.

Correction, Lindsay does'nt need her body that much to win a GS. She never moves like your willies, instead she always uses her very sharp groundstrokes and well placed serves. Also when she withdraws from tournament, its like she cant even walk anymore.

Another Correction, Kim will be crowned the best player in the world when she reaches number one spot. I CANT SEE A NUMBER ONE WAITING IN MAJOR TOURNAMENTS FOR A WELL EXHAUSTED RIVALS WHO JUST CAME OUT OF WIN FROM TUNE_UP TOURNAMENTS.

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:58 PM
if u say Kim is the best player when she gets to #1 rather than Serena then :tape:

Kim will be the #1 player. however, with my hardheadedness and ish, i refuse to believe shes better than Serena

call me biased ;)

Mase
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:02 PM
I really think Jen was saying she wasnt that shocked since she knew Serena was hurt.. I think its been blwon out of proportion.. Everything is when it comes to either Serena or Jen...

bandabou
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Correction, Lindsay does'nt need her body that much to win a GS. She never moves like your willies, instead she always uses her very sharp groundstrokes and well placed serves. Also when she withdraws from tournament, its like she cant even walk anymore.

Another Correction, Kim will be crowned the best player in the world when she reaches number one spot. I CANT SEE A NUMBER ONE WAITING IN MAJOR TOURNAMENTS FOR A WELL EXHAUSTED RIVALS WHO JUST CAME OUT OF WIN FROM TUNE_UP TOURNAMENTS.

If Lindsay never moves like the Williams as you say, then why did she retire because of toe injury?! Does she use the toe to hit the ball?!:confused: :lol:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:21 PM
if u say Kim is the best player when she gets to #1 rather than Serena then :tape:

Kim will be the #1 player. however, with my hardheadedness and ish, i refuse to believe shes better than Serena

call me biased ;)

You and most of the sane world must be biased then because when kim reaches number one I hardly think anyone except her die hard fans will consider her the best player in the world.

How can you be the best when your closest rival has beaten you ever time you played this season? That makes no sense.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:32 PM
If Lindsay never moves like the Williams as you say, then why did she retire because of toe injury?! Does she use the toe to hit the ball?!:confused: :lol:

You really cant comprehend.

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:36 PM
You and most of the sane world must be biased then because when kim reaches number one I hardly think anyone except her die hard fans will consider her the best player in the world.

How can you be the best when your closest rival has beaten you ever time you played this season? That makes no sense.

well if ur closest rival "doesnt play enough".....;)

bandabou
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:47 PM
You really cant comprehend.

You´re right. I can´t comprehend....your logic, that is!! :lol: You´re right Lindsay hardly moves to hit a ball, so?! :confused: What´s the point to retire with a toe-injury then, if you hardly move?!

DA FOREHAND
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:02 PM
"They cannot play just by tactics and mind, their need their body 100% coz its all about power and intimidation."

LOL

And Lindsay wins on tactics and her mind right! Lindsay is one of the originanators of "Big Babe Tennis". Funny how her "mind" has never quite figured out a way to beat even a very green Serena Williams.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:33 PM
well if ur closest rival "doesnt play enough".....;)

hmmm she plays enough to be number one in the world and hold three of four grandslams. Maybe more players should reconsider exactly what is "enough".

bandabou
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Very well said forehand. Lindsay can´t beat Serena at her own game!!

ys
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Don't see what's all the buzz about.

"
"She's done it a few times now and then, so its not a surprise,"

True.

"There are a lot other good players entered as well.

True.

Hey, I'm injured and I'm here."

True.

Astro Jetson
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:38 PM
I'm glad noone asked Justine about the withdrawal :rolleyes: :)
Otherwise those crazy Williams fans would be all over her again :eek:

sartrista7
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Good lord, this has gone to three pages since this morning? Over trivial, factual, TRUE comments? You (everyone who's whined about Capriati's words) are all fucking idiots.

CapFan#1
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Good lord, this has gone to three pages since this morning? Over trivial, factual, TRUE comments? You (everyone who's whined about Capriati's words) are all fucking idiots.

and here is the full quote from Cappy to shut up the bashers:

"If I had to play (today)," said Capriati, "I don't know if I could."

"I mean, she's done it a few times here and there, so it's not like a surprise," said Capriati, 27, the winner here as a teenager in 1991 and '92. "If she's hurt, she's hurt. Myself, I'm injured, but I'm here planning to play."

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Bunch of idiots in here today!!!!!

Malin
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Talk about drama queens, these williams fans make themselves look more stupid and uneducated every day. Why don't you guys read they full quotes.

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:13 PM
more jen babble as usual. However, the actual quotes are not that bad IMO. :D

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:16 PM
I just love it how all Williams fans are lumped together. :tape:

It's like how republicans try to get under democrats' skin by calling them liberals. :lol:

Malin
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:19 PM
I meant Serena fans, but you are a fan of both sisters and were in here complaining.

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:28 PM
complaining?

since when is saying 'I thought her comment was rude' complaining? :confused:

hmmm... maybe if I threw in 'Jen is a non-winning bitch and needs to clean up her own game before insinuating that Serena withdrew, again, for no apparent reason' it'd be complaining but note, I didn't say that. :angel:

It seems that Jen fans are 'complaining' that their fave is being picked on just like 'Williams fans' were in here complaining that Jen took a dig at Serena. Perception is one's own. :)

steffilover
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:30 PM
i'm with jennifer on this one, in fact i'd go even further and say that the constant withdrawals by BOTH williams sisters are now not only unsurprising and predictable but DAMAGING, not only to them, but to the women's tour. their legacy and the status of long-standing, well-respected tournaments is damaged each and every time this happens...i'm getting tired of it. i await the equally predictable (yawn) replies.

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Hmmm... is that a compliment that no one else's withdrawals from tournaments are seen as detrimental? Usually when someone else withdraws from a tournament, they're injured or have a good reason i.e. death in the family, mom's having surgery, etc. There is medical proof that Serena is injured but it's still not enough for some people. We all know Venus is injured and she even played through an injury to get people to shut the fuck up about what her and her sister choose to do and yet it never ends.

Most of these tournaments were here LONG BEFORE Venus and Serena were but they'll all crumble without them. That's a load of hooey. It's quite laughable, indeed.

The stands sure were full at BOWC this past weekend.

maccardel
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Isn't this what Venus was referring to at Wimbledon....how she has to play even though she is hurt........just thought I'd throw that in......

It never fails, It just never fails.....damn if you do and damn if you don't. If Serena had played and lost to Jen or Justine then it would be that they both are catching up to Serena and are threatening the number one position, when will the masses be satisfied? It's not like they all had a chance against her anyway, so they should be happy, be very happy.

Jasmin
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Venus is my fav but I'm a Serena fan also and I don't really care much of what Jen or any of the other ladies say about anyone. I just either like you or I don't. Jen just happens to be the only U.S. lady that I don't like. If Lindsay, Monica or Rubin said something about the Williams sisters I wouldn't care because I would still like all of them so my comment on Jen referring to Serena doesn't bother me. She always says something about Serena.

Malin
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:48 PM
And if Jen says no comment about Serena than everyone says she's afraid of her and in denial and then half of the people here tell her to not say anything about serena today. Make up your mind!!

persond
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Jen's just stating the facts people try make something out of NOTHING GROW UP

Shouldn't these comments be directed to Jenn...???...???...??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:49 PM
I don't know why the media asked Jen anything anyway she's been a non factor in tennis for at least 18 months.

Ask a contenda' damnit!

persond
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:01 PM
I'm glad noone asked Justine about the withdrawal :rolleyes: :)
Otherwise those crazy Williams fans would be all over her again :eek:

From one of "those crazy Williams fans"..."Justilying need do only what she knows best to elicit a response from "those crazy Williams fans"...!!! And, that's to continue to "LIE"...!!! :p :p :p :p

persond
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Talk about drama queens, these williams fans make themselves look more stupid and uneducated every day. Why don't you guys read they full quotes.

...because, all you damn Williams "hatas' "they" the same...!!! :p :p :p :p

persond
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:09 PM
i'm with jennifer on this one, in fact i'd go even further and say that the constant withdrawals by BOTH williams sisters are now not only unsurprising and predictable but DAMAGING, not only to them, but to the women's tour. their legacy and the status of long-standing, well-respected tournaments is damaged each and every time this happens...i'm getting tired of it. i await the equally predictable (yawn) replies.

HaHaHaHaHAH...aaahhHaHaHaHaHAH

Astro Jetson
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:14 PM
From one of "those crazy Williams fans"..."Justilying need do only what she knows best to elicit a response from "those crazy Williams fans"...!!! And, that's to continue to "LIE"...!!! :p :p :p :p
I was implying that there is a "proportion" (NOT ALL!!!!!) of the Serena fans who are constantly scanning Justine's articles looking for something which they can use to diss Justine. Reading your post it seems you are one of them. :bolt:

persond
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:16 PM
And if Jen says no comment about Serena than everyone says she's afraid of her and in denial and then half of the people here tell her to not say anything about serena today. Make up your mind!!

Stating "no comment" wouldn't imply one damn thing...!!! No one could "presume" to know what's on Jenn's mind, unless she speaks...!!!

persond
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:20 PM
I was implying that there is a "proportion" (NOT ALL!!!!!) of the Serena fans who are constantly scanning Justine's articles looking for something which they can use to diss Justine. Reading your post it seems you are one of them. :bolt:

OOOH, I stand accused...!!!! I'm GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, I said....!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:53 PM
hmmm she plays enough to be number one in the world and hold three of four grandslams. Maybe more players should reconsider exactly what is "enough".

i never said it :tape:

i wouldnt want Serena to play more than 16 a year. she played 14 last year and IMO thats enough for her

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:56 PM

:yawn:

stop with the "Williams fans bs"

cant yall make a point without stereotyping?

i defended Jennifer and still get the "Williams fans blah blah blah"

so so tired :yawn:

Jasmin
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:57 PM

That doesn't make sense. How would it mean anything if she doesn't say anything. We wouldn't know what she's thinking and that would be nice.

treufreund
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:33 PM
jenn makes it sound like her injury is as bad as Serena when saying "i'm injured and yet I am here" this is pretty insensitive. Sorry Jenny. Love ya but this was not a classy comment! :(

Jakeev
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:42 PM
I just love it how all Williams fans are lumped together. :tape:

It's like how republicans try to get under democrats' skin by calling them liberals. :lol:

Not so fast dahling not all of us lump all Willie fans together. There are very intelligent Williams fans that grace this board and then we have......well some like you........

:kiss:

Bacardi
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Me thinks, the media likes to create too much of an us against them, mentatliy when it comes to the other players and Williams sisters. It's a pity too, as I'm sure most of them are excellent friends.
But pifffffffffff.... you know the media, they always have to have some BS going about "so and so, said something about Serena" It gets really funny when they throw in Richard's comments. :lol:

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Not so fast dahling not all of us lump all Willie fans together. There are very intelligent Williams fans that grace this board and then we have......well some like you........

thats very harsh and not true Jakeev!

Jakeev
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Then she should have kept her mouth shut, especially now that she may be in the same position and have to pull out.

I don't think Jennifer has matured much, she still acts like a brat. I can see her starring in the tennis version of

"What ever happened to Baby Jenn(Jane)"

WHy should she shut up? She says whats on her mind got it? HMMMMm and who will play Joan Crawford's character that Jane gets to kick and feed her rats?

Hmmmmmmm how bout you DA Forehand? :lol: :lol:

DA FOREHAND
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Stephen he wouldn't have to apply much more make-up, or Martina Hingis.

JCAP
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:48 PM
IMO there is no big deal to what jen said, she was just tellin it like it is! Why have ppl to make a big deal over nothing!

Cariaoke
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Jakeev, do you follow me in every thread to insult me. How third grade...

Whether you think I'm classy or not has no bearing on me. Last time I checked, I don't need validation from a stranger on a message board. :tape: :tape:

Rocketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:31 PM
jenn makes it sound like her injury is as bad as Serena when saying "i'm injured and yet I am here" this is pretty insensitive. Sorry Jenny. Love ya but this was not a classy comment! :(

omg, I think hell has frozen over but I agree! :unsure: :unsure:

Rocketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:32 PM
It is the "yet" in her comment that makes it seem that she is comparing her injury to Serena's and "yet" she is playing. That is the uncalled for part. :( :(

Jakeev
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Jakeev, do you follow me in every thread to insult me. How third grade...

Whether you think I'm classy or not has no bearing on me. Last time I checked, I don't need validation from a stranger on a message board. :tape: :tape:

wrong honey you just happen to frequent some of the post that I do......and as for my insults to you being third grade......perhaps if you could get out of second grade with your comments you could be in the third grade too.....

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:18 PM
OMG ppl put ur handbags down :tape:

Jakeev
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:39 PM
OMG ppl put ur handbags down :tape:

sorry gf love ya just not the one ya wanna shag...... :kiss:

london64
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:39 PM
The media so desperately wants Kim to be the sweet, ever friendly player. Jennifer to be the bitchy trash talking player. And the William sisters to be the conspiring, keep to themselves players. They create, twist, and modify stories to make it happen. They have missed their true calling. They really should be soap opera writers.

DunkMachine
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:57 PM
The media so desperately wants Kim to be the sweet, ever friendly player. Jennifer to be the bitchy trash talking player. And the William sisters to be the conspiring, keep to themselves players. They create, twist, and modify stories to make it happen. They have missed their true calling. They really should be soap opera writers.

True post. Frankly I don't care what Cappy said and neither should anyone else. It's all media hype. Seriously, even thinking that Serena would fake an injury is preposterous. What are they trying to say, that she's lazy or sumshit. If she can't play, she can't play and can't judge what another player can or cannot do.

So what..........

Serendy Willick
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Capriati needs to worry about winning a title before commenting about anyones problems. She should be jumping for joy that Serena is out of the draw.

Jasmin
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:27 AM
Capriati needs to worry about winning a title before commenting about anyones problems. She should be jumping for joy that Serena is out of the draw.

I agree. I think all athletes need to worry about their own game. Sure do research on your oponents game but I've seen time and time again how athletes in all sports fail consistently when they worry too much about what their oponents are doing. Too concern at the fact that the oponent you use to beat is just now better than you. Just work harder to do your best and let the chips fall where they may because that's all you can do.

Instant
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:59 AM

Cut down the last tree
Poison the last river
Catch the last Fish
and eat all the money

You were all over Capriati last week in the scoring threads. She had your full support. Now you are bagging her. If you compare your posts of last week to this week then it seems you were only supporting Kim Clijsters opponent, whoever that person may of been.

Jennifer's wife
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:13 AM
basically the stupid media shouldnt ask them dumbass questions about other players. that would stop this shit from happening!! but of course, thats why they do it! :rolleyes:

Malin
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:37 AM
You were all over Capriati last week in the scoring threads. She had your full support. Now you are bagging her. If you compare your posts of last week to this week then it seems you were only supporting Kim Clijsters opponent, whoever that person may of been.

This is true for all Williams fans, they supported Jen last week against Kim becuase Jen isn't a threat right now. They are desperate to keep Serena at number 1 even if that means cheering for someone they hate.

Serendy Willick
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:41 AM
This is true for all Williams fans, they supported Jen last week against Kim becuase Jen isn't a threat right now. They are desperate to keep Serena at number 1 even if that means cheering for someone they hate.

I certainly wasnt one of them. So dont come with this all the williams fans bullcrap. I didnt care who won the bank of the west final. I want my girl to earn her number one ranking because I know that she can do it.

Jennifer's wife
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:47 AM
i think williams fans and capriati fans hate each other and the players dont hate each other at all!! lol!! thats whats so funny!! :lol:

Jakeev
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:17 AM

Hmmm and why should Capriati worry? Perhaps you should read the entire comment that was no surprisingly left out of this thread before making your crass comments.........

Midnite Surfer
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Why wouldn't they want to play an injured number one? You still get all the quality points, injured or not.

Vegetable
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Do quality points still exist? They've got to be the most dumbass thing about the rankings system

Crazy Canuck
Jul 30th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Another 4 page thread nit picking over player comments. Don't you people ever go outside?

gweeny
Jul 30th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Jennifer has always had trouble expressing herself. Could be due to jealousy, immaturity, lack of inteligence or whatever. I still think even with all her flaws, the past three years she has added some flair to tennis.

Kim is always sweet, her sweetness might just be the reason she has not won a slam yet.

sunnysideup
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:06 AM
Another 4 page thread nit picking over player comments. Don't you people ever go outside?
..and it takes the 4th page for ya to comment on other posters comments.:yawn: stay outside, will ya?:p

Midnite Surfer
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:38 AM

Although I agree with you in your view that some people spend way too much time on this board, the irony is too much. Rebecca that was post number 16,632 for you. I must ask. Rebecca, have you ever been outside? Do you even know what outside is? Something tells me you're not Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farms. Your holier than thou attitude is absolutely laughable. Give it a rest already. I would tell you to go outside but I'm afraid you would explode in a cloud of dust.

Jennifer's wife
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:58 PM
:haha: ROTFLMFAO!!!! :lol:

hadnt thought of that! yea, we have no life and post too much, then u look at that post count!!!
:worship: :clap2: :yeah: good one MS!

DA FOREHAND
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Although I agree with you in your view that some people spend way too much time on this board, the irony is too much. Rebecca that was post number 16,632 for you. I must ask. Rebecca, have you ever been outside? Do you even know what outside is? Something tells me you're not Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farms. Your holier than thou attitude is absolutely laughable. Give it a rest already. I would tell you to go outside but I'm afraid you would explode in a cloud of dust.

ROFLMBAO!!! :worship: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:19 PM

Well said. :worship:

Rocketta
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:51 PM

I couldn't rep you so I'll just say.............. :yeah:

selesfan
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:28 AM

LOL! :worship:

DunkMachine
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:22 AM
*In a Mortal Kombat voice*:

EXCELLENT Muhahahahahahahaaaaaaa :devil: