PDA

View Full Version : Serena has a left quad strain

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:43 AM
This is what was causing pain near her knee. Her doctor all but forced her to pull out.

Here is some reaction from the players:

It's very disappointing because you don't have the No. 1 American and No. 1 player in the world playing in her home country," said world No. 2 and second seed Clisters.

"She's done it a few times now and then, so its not a surprise," said fifth-seeded Capriati, the 1991 and '92 champion here. "There are a lot other good players entered as well. Hey, I'm injured and I'm here."

Capriati has a pec strain from the Stanford final.

BasicTennis
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:47 AM
LMAO@capriati....she wants to sound smart but playing injured is indeed smart to her standards.:tape:

hingis-seles
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:49 AM
I only want to hear what Martina and Monica have to say about it. I don't give a rat's ass what any of the other players say. :p

WtaTour4Ever
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Is that a real quote from Capriati.....she cracks me up!!

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Is that a real quote from Capriati.....she cracks me up!!

yep

Dawn Marie
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:01 AM
"She's done it a few times now and then, so its not a surprise," said fifth-seeded Capriati, the 1991 and '92 champion here. "There are a lot other good players entered as well. Hey, I'm injured and I'm here."

Jen makes it seem that Serena hurt herself on purpose.

Jen is thrilled with herself for continuing to enter tourneys that she has no chance of winning while still hurt. She seems to think that Serena should follow her lead. ha ha .. lmao

Yeah okay idiot. Serena has 6 slams and a great 52 weeks Jen has wasted time.

persond
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:07 AM

Jen makes it seem that Serena hurt herself on purpose.

Jen is thrilled with herself for continuing to enter tourneys that she has no chance of winning while still hurt. She seems to think that Serena should follow her lead. ha ha .. lmao

Yeah okay idiot. Serena has 6 slams and a great 52 weeks Jen has wasted time.

:wavey: Hey Dawn :wavey:

But, yeah, that's "typical JCap" for ya...!!!

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:17 AM
i thought :confused: serena pulled out because of knee tendonitis..
:confused:

destry
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Get well soon, Serena :kiss: Come back stronger than ever :kiss: