PDA

View Full Version : Angela Haynes mouth still shut

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:53 AM
she lost to Molik 4-6, 6-2, 6-1. That's what people get when they pop off at the mouth.

BasicTennis
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:55 AM
:tape:

brunof
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:56 AM
What did she say?

Mrs. Peel
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:56 AM
she lost to Molik 4-6, 6-2, 6-1. That's what people get when they pop off at the mouth.

what did she say?

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:59 AM
At Stanford after she beat Rita Grande, she said Capriati was her toughest comp on her half and that Capriati would try to embarrass her on the court, AND she hadn't played the opponent in front of her which was Lisa Raymond, and then Raymond beat her something like 6-4, 6-2. She also said she had a good chance to win that tourney(nothing wrong with this IMHO, but some people had a problem with it).

skanky~skanketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:01 AM
she was just a lil overconfident. i mean, she hasnt beaten a top player yet, so she felt she could do it. IMO, thats a good thing, cuz then she wont be afraid when she plays. and for a newcomer to take a set off molik is pretty good.GO ANGIE!

Gowza
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:04 AM
actually what she said was correct probably, capriati would have been her toughest comp in her half. capriati would have been the toughest for everyone.. was she being over confident and thinking she was a top player or was she just saying that capriati was the player to beat in her half?

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:15 AM
I think looking past an opponent is the greatest insult to another player. Capriati was no doubt the toughest player, but if I say that Pete Sampras is my toughest comp, and I have to play Agassi before I get there, I must think that Agassi is no major threat to me.

Gowza
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:22 AM
i understand, some people just think differently to others. i'm not saying this is what she meant but it's a possibility.