PDA

View Full Version : now Kim has the toughest draw of all at the ACURA, right?

Sofiane
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:30 AM
But no one will tell it.
Generally I am not one who bashes or anything, but it gets tiring seeing the world No 1 pulling out for every single itch she has.
You can't always play 100%.

Sofiane
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:34 AM
I am sure not a lot will jump in, like they do if I was saying the countrary.
If Kim's draws seems easy it is because of the fact that she roles over most of the field.
I mean Chanda is the world # 8, and she never took a set off of Kim, and daveport the world #5 and she lost thrre out of the last four, the last two being two straight sets. It's not Kim fault that she has improved so much.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:35 AM
But no one will tell it.
Generally I am not one who bashes or anything, but it gets tiring seeing the world No 1 pulling out for every single itch she has.
:rolleyes:...really? Maybe the fact that she has to get a scan should indicate that maybe it is a serious injury and by playing it could be aggravated. I think the wise thing to do is not playing and not risk further injury.

lizchris
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:35 AM
But no one will tell it.

When you have the USO starting four weeks from today and you are the defending champion, you don't take chances. Serena is smart not to risk further injury by playing. I wish Venus has done the same.

Sofiane
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:40 AM
Come on guys, she just won wimbledon, I am not questionning the injury, I am 100 % that she has some kind of pain. But how important it is.
DO u imagine if I don't go to my job anytime I have a headache? (I give courses at the universty I use seldomely my muscles there :))

Malin
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:40 AM
I love these threads were Kim fans claim she has such a tough draw when she doesn't. Grasping for straws i see!!!

Sofiane
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:41 AM
I love these threads were Kim fans claim she has such a tough draw when she doesn't. Grasping for straws i see!!!

Read what I wrote, hasn't she the most tight draw of the remaining players?
At the french she had the most difficult draw, but Venus and Jenn didn't show up.

Malin
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:43 AM
She didn't have the toughest draw at the French she would of faced Jen or Venus not both, that still doesn't compare to playing Amelie and Justine on clay.

lizchris
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:46 AM
Come on guys, she just won wimbledon, I am not questionning the injury, I am 100 % that she has some kind of pain. But how important it is.
DO u imagine if I don't go to my job anytime I have a headache? (I give courses at the universty I use seldomely my muscles there :))

Working at a university is different from an athlete who has to run to hit a ball. Try another analogy.

Sofiane
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:51 AM
Working at a university is different from an athlete who has to run to hit a ball. Try another analogy.

I have aheadache right now lizchris :p, so i will try to find a better analogy.

I hope that you don't get the feeling I am bashing Serena caus I've never done it.
The tour needs her, she is the wolrd # 1, I got pissed off last year because, she withdrew from Montréal, yet she was here, she had some kind of shoulder injury, yet she won the UsOpen without dropping a set, afew weeks later. So she was injured but I am sure she could have played if she wanted tak tilenole or two :).
I mean she has some duties as the top lady in her sport, and the most important of them is to play more. To let the fans see her more.
And even if I am a kim fan I never felt bitter when she lost ot either the Williams sisters not even when she lost to Henin at RG. I just said to my self : If she loses it means she is not ready to win, and she has to learn how to do it, but I still love her as much.

Sofiane.

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:53 AM

Serena played at less than 100% at the start of Miami. She was brought up not to play with pain, and not to risk injury. This small tournament means nothing to her. Also Serena is being fined thousands of dollars for not meeting tournament quotas so she is being reprimanded for pulling out. The tour can't control her, she is in control of her own destiny.

lizchris
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:02 AM
I have aheadache right now lizchris :p, so i will try to find a better analogy.

I hope that you don't get the feeling I am bashing Serena caus I've never done it.
The tour needs her, she is the wolrd # 1, I got pissed off last year because, she withdrew from Montréal, yet she was here, she had some kind of shoulder injury, yet she won the UsOpen without dropping a set, afew weeks later. So she was injured but I am sure she could have played if she wanted tak tilenole or two :).
I mean she has some duties as the top lady in her sport, and the most important of them is to play more. To let the fans see her more.
And even if I am a kim fan I never felt bitter when she lost ot either the Williams sisters not even when she lost to Henin at RG. I just said to my self : If she loses it means she is not ready to win, and she has to learn how to do it, but I still love her as much.

Sofiane.

I know the tour needs her and I think Serena does too. But the tour doesn't need her if she isn't 100% and could risk not playing in larger tournaments. If her injury was something she could play with, I thimk she would have played this week, but tenedinitus is nothing to play with. Venus had it in 2000 and was out for four months.

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:35 AM
Dayum I assumed Kim fans would be excited that Serena was out. I mean she has a chance to win back 2 back tournaments.

Now if Serena's leg is injured then she cannot play. Hope it's all better before the USO.

Also, my wish is that if Kim does not take it, Capriati does. Not that biatch Justine. :fiery: