PDA

View Full Version : Henin sets her sights on the #1 ranking

Pages : [1] 2

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:45 AM
Tennis-Henin-Hardenne targets world number one ranking

By Matthew Cronin

CARLSBAD, California, July 28 (Reuters) - French Open champion Justine Henin-Hardenne is planning an assault on Serena Williams's world number one ranking.

The Belgian, seeded three at this week's Acura Classic here, told Reuters on Monday that Williams knew she was one of the few players on the WTA Tour with enough self-belief to consistently challenge her.

"Serena doesn't feel comfortable that I think I can beat her," said Henin-Hardenne. "It's hard for her that a player like me, not so strong and tall, can beat these types of (powerful) players.

"She knows I believe in my chances and she doesn't like it, that's for sure. My goal is to be number one but the important thing is doing things every day to be number one."

Williams had won four successive grand slam events when Henin-Hardenne beat the American in the semi-finals of the French Open in a controversial match last month.

The world number one was in tears after the contest as she accused her opponent of "lying and fabricating."

Williams was angry Henin-Hardenne did not intervene when the umpire mistakenly refused the American the right to replay her first serve at 4-2, 30-0 in the third set of a 6-2 4-6 7-5 defeat.

SPECIAL SITUATION

"You can say a lot of these things but there was an umpire and everybody started to be aggressive about this match with Serena and me against each other," said Henin-Hardenne. "It was a special situation.

"Serena has to accept sometimes she can lose. She wanted to win the French Open so much. Don't tell me one point changed the tournament."

Williams took revenge by trouncing the 21-year-old in straight sets in the Wimbledon semi-finals.

The two players could again meet in the last four of this week's event, which is being played on hard courts.

For the first time in her five-year career, Henin-Hardenne believes she can do well at next month's U.S. Open, the only grand slam where she has failed to reach the semi-finals.

"I'm pretty motivated," she said. "I've always lost in the fourth round of the U.S. Open.

"It's just amazing that I haven't even made the quarters. It's one of my goals to win the U.S. Open."

Henin-Hardenne plays Greece's Eleni Daniilidou in the second round at the Acura Classic.

Mr. Man
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:51 AM
"She knows I believe in my chances and she doesn't like it, that's for sure. My goal is to be number one but the important thing is doing things every day to be number one."
Does she realize her record against Serena on hardcourt? ah well, It's good to have faith in yourself. Good for you Justine.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Oooo I'm just waiting for the anti justine sentiment to start rolling in. For the record as a williams fan its not that justine feels she can be number one or that she can beat serena that makes me dislike her, its the fact that she presumes to speak for serena and presumes to know what serena feels. So for the record Justine sucks.

Also even serena stated that that one point didn't change the match. She said it showed poor sportsmanship and a decidely lack of class for justine not to own up to what she did. and a lie of omission is still a lie.

Also what is justine doing trying to fool anyone with that "not so strong" crap? She's plenty strong. She rips the ball on her serve and her ground strokes! This napoleon complex is getting old fast. "oh poopr me I'm so small, I'm so tiny, have pity... the other girls are so big and strong...whimper..." :rolleyes:

Bring on the hard courts and the serena and justine rivalry! :lol:

J_Migoe
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:56 AM
whatever...Henin. I hope you choke on your words-full throttle!

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:57 AM

"Serena doesn't feel comfortable that I think I can beat her," said Henin-Hardenne. "It's hard for her that a player like me, not so strong and tall, can beat these types of (powerful) players.

Did Serena tell Henin this?? Did she confide in Henin that it bothers her for Henin to have confidence to beat her, and that she has a problem with a small player to beat her?? Has Henin ever heard of Martina Hingis??

[OUOTE]"She knows I believe in my chances and she doesn't like it, that's for sure. My goal is to be number one but the important thing is doing things every day to be number one."[/QUOTE]

She is trying to make Serena out to be an insecure basketcase.

"You can say a lot of these things but there was an umpire and everybody started to be aggressive about this match with Serena and me against each other," said Henin-Hardenne. "It was a special situation.

"Serena has to accept sometimes she can lose. She wanted to win the French Open so much. Don't tell me one point changed the tournament."

It's not losing, it's how Serena lost. Serena is not a loser. She wants to win everything which is the right attitude to have.

Williams took revenge by trouncing the 21-year-old in straight sets in the Wimbledon semi-finals.

The two players could again meet in the last four of this week's event, which is being played on hard courts.

For the first time in her five-year career, Henin-Hardenne believes she can do well at next month's U.S. Open, the only grand slam where she has failed to reach the semi-finals.

"I'm pretty motivated," she said. "I've always lost in the fourth round of the U.S. Open.

"It's just amazing that I haven't even made the quarters. It's one of my goals to win the U.S. Open."

We'll see Justine, but you have to win the matches.

It's good for Henin to be so confident, but what she is doing in this article is downright trash-talking. Serena could never get away with this just like she couldn't get away with holding up her hand. I see Henin is getting another free pass.

Hurley
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:02 AM
She is trying to make Serena out to be an insecure basketcase.

Did Justine tell you this? Did she confide in you what she's trying to accomplish by saying these things?

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:04 AM
The enfant terrible sure has a big mouth doesn't she? She must be psychic to know what serena thinks and feels. Its so funny that serena never presumes to know what justine feels or knows. Maybe shes trying some media gamesmanship to get to serena, a sort of media "hand" act.

Ryan
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Touche Hurley.

Henin really shouldn't try to speak for Serena, but it's nice to see that she has self-confidence.

TSequoia01
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Me thinks Justine is getting a little obsessed with Serena. Can anyone say JCap? :cool:

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:06 AM
Did Justine tell you this? Did she confide in you what she's trying to accomplish by saying these things?

Touche'!! I will rephrase. I think Henin is trying to make Serena out to be an insecure basketcase.

Hawk
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Did her and Serena have a heart-to-heart that we all missed? :confused: It's nice she can read minds :p

This is the hardcourt season..Justine better watch out..

Hurley
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Me thinks Justine is getting a little obsessed with Serena. Can anyone say JCap? :cool:

Justine has beaten Serena recently. Actually twice this year. Double what Serena's given her.

So...no, I don't think anyone will say "JCap." :cool:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:10 AM
True justine is giving serena a challenge....on clay. Can she beat her on any other surface? Serena has beaten Justine on clay so we know she can beat her on any surface. What about justine?

Go Glamazon take her out the enfant terrible in san diego! that is if you dont pull out. :p

RYNJ
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:11 AM
Geez its not only Serena that can beat her on a hardcourt. Theres Venus, Kim, Lindsay, Jennifer who can beat her. She thinks just because she's small we should pitty her what ever. This isn't clay!!! Look what happened to you at Wimbledon geez, where you have a better chance. But on a hardcourt plz.

Berlin_Calling
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:11 AM
Go Justine!! Achieve your goal!! :hearts::bounce:

lizchris
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:12 AM
Williams fans, you shouldn't worry about what Justine has to say about being able to beat Serena. She is on the hardcourt now and the last time I checked, she was embarrased by Chanda Rubin, someone who is ranked lower than her and she should have beaten. It could happen, but I don't expect her to win a title on the North American hardcourts this year, especially if she has to face either Williams sister en route to a title.

RYNJ
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:12 AM
Justine has beaten Serena recently. Actually twice this year. Double what Serena's given her.

So...no, I don't think anyone will say "JCap." :cool:

That was on CLAY Justines best surface! but on a harcourt look what Serena did to her at Wimbledon...

Mr. Man
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:13 AM
The clay season is over. It's hardcourt season! whoooo ;)

Again I'm happy Justine has confindence. We shall see If her confidence carrys on court. ::rubs hands together:: :p

Infiniti2001
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:16 AM
I usually do not tape Serena's matches unless she's playing my Vee :), but for some reason I have the wimby semi final on tape...I absolutely love it . Serena needs to watch that match for motivation everytime she has to play Justine -- then again a good friend reminded me that justine's mouth is enough motivation :tape:

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:19 AM
Also even serena stated that that one point didn't change the match. She said it showed poor sportsmanship and a decidely lack of class for justine not to own up to what she did. and a lie of omission is still a lie.

like when Serena didn't tell the umpire that the ball was in, oh wait, Serena can hide things, because it's Serena it's just a game, but if someone does it to Serena, OMG, they are liars, cheaters, murderers and god knows what else

:rolleyes:

Berlin_Calling
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:21 AM
ugh, people gotta stop hating on Justine every time there is mention of her :(:mad:

Hurley
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Yes, Justine beats Serena on clay. (Every time they've played on it, in fact, in 2003.)

Serena beats Jennifer every time. On any surface. For over a year.

That's why this is not a "JCap" situation. Get it? You sure? Okay. :cool:

Berlin_Calling
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Why are people still looking back at that incident. No ones gonna prove anything to eachother that way and you can't live life being bitter about one incident that happened more than a month ago now.

Astro Jetson
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:24 AM
This thread is yet another great opportunity for Serena fans to :smash: Justine. :zzz:
I really hate these kind of articles where you have a few quotes without the questions and the rest seems to be filled in by the journalist. That said, Justine should turn down more press imo because she sucks at it :angel: and only do some longer interviews in French.

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Why are people still looking back at that incident. No ones gonna prove anything to eachother that way and you can't live life being bitter about one incident that more than a month ago now.

oh yes they can, I remember when Venus won Wimbledon for the second time, instead of being happy, they were just moaning because the crowd wasn't supportive blah blah. They love to play the victims.

TSequoia01
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:28 AM

So...no, I don't think anyone will say "JCAP."

You make my point for me. After Jen registered a number of wins over Serena she began to express opinions with regards to Serena to the press. After Jen's last win at the 2001 NASDAQ she commented on how she felt Serena was faking injuries and something always seems to be wrong with her when they play. As we all know, she has not won since! Feel me? :cool:

Tennisace
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Hopefully Justine is serious and will be able to raise the level of her game on the hardcourt and indoor surfaces where she is considerably weaker than grass and clay.

Astro Jetson
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:33 AM
Oh and as for Justine's ambitious big talking: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

lizchris
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:36 AM
You make my point for me. After Jen registered a number of wins over Serena she began to express opinions with regards to Serena to the press. After Jen's last win at the 2001 NASDAQ she commented on how she felt Serena was faking injuries and something always seems to be wrong with her when they play. As we all know, she has not won since! Feel me? :cool:

Wasn't that the 2001 Wimbeldon where Jennifer said that.

I agree with you on when Jennifer openened her big mouth, she hasn't beaten either Williams sister since. The same fate could befall Justine. If it does, she might shut her mouth about Serena then.

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:42 AM
As far as the #1 rankings goes, she has more than Serena to contend with. I guess she is just disregarding Kim Clijsters. Clijsters is far ahead of Henin in the rankings. Also, Henin hasn't shown ability to beat Venus with any consistency, and Davenport leads 5-1 in their H2H and is very strong on harcourts. The uphill battle will be extremely tough.

Jarrett
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:43 AM
Okay.... I am not even a big fan of Serena.... but I hope she whips Henin's "tiny" butt the rest of the year! Go Serena!!! I would rather have you #1 than Justine. Like she even has a chance on hardcourts. Who knows? Maybe Justine will surprise us all and play outstanding on the hardcourts, but I highly doubt it.

Mr. Man
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:45 AM
As far as the #1 rankings goes, she has more than Serena to contend with. I guess she is just diregarding Kim Clijsters. Clijsters is far ahead of Henin in the rankings. Also, Henin hasn't shown ability to beat Venus with any consistency, and Davenport leads 5-1 in their H2H and is very strong on harcourts. The uphill battle will be extremely tough.
:worship:

lizchris
BTW, I see where she says that Serena has to accept that she can lose. Seems to me that she has yet to get over the straight set loss at Wimbeldon Serena handed her en route to winning the tournament.

Hawk
As far as the #1 rankings goes, she has more than Serena to contend with. I guess she is just diregarding Kim Clijsters. Clijsters is far ahead of Henin in the rankings. Also, Henin hasn't shown ability to beat Venus with any consistency, and Davenport leads 5-1 in their H2H and is very strong on harcourts. The uphill battle will be extremely tough.

I think that's what makes her seem a little obsessed with Serena...she didn't even mention Kim who is also standing in her way..

Plus all the players you just mentioned are better than her on hardcourts..she clearly doesn't lack in boldness :p

Hulet
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:00 AM
She might be answering questions by reporters who set her up. Anyways, she has to "assualt" kim clijsters for #1 position. Forget about serena, Justine. Focus on Kim. :wavey:

bandabou
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Funny how Justine only started this talk AFTER she beat Serena at the French.Justine can talk all she wants about how she doesnīt fear Serena and bla bla....question is: Does Serena fear Justine?! I think if Justine is really smart she better shut her big mouth, because otherwise she wonīt even be getting those clay-wins anymore! Nothing motivates the sisters more than people with big-mouth! Jen opened her bigmouth and look at her now.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:41 AM
like when Serena didn't tell the umpire that the ball was in, oh wait, Serena can hide things, because it's Serena it's just a game, but if someone does it to Serena, OMG, they are liars, cheaters, murderers and god knows what else

ITS CLAY. The umpire can go check the mark if JUSTINE has asked him to. You know thats what players do when the question a mark. Now did the umpire ask serena like he asked justine? no he did not. so really your point is pathetic. Justine was wrong and still you cannot face it just like she cannot. Its really sad. Also your hyperbole of cheaters, murderers and "god knows what else" is also pathetic. I didn't say she cheated because she didn't. But I am not the only one who thinks she showed a very sour side of herself.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:44 AM
oh yes they can, I remember when Venus won Wimbledon for the second time, instead of being happy, they were just moaning because the crowd wasn't supportive blah blah. They love to play the victims.

The only people I see playing victim are you rabid justine henin fans. Everyone and their mother in the tennis world knows what she did sucked big time and had no defense. Thats why she took so much flak from commentators and other players who were asked about it. But no, the rabid fans of henin can find nothing wrong with their sainted one because she can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Wow... I would think that any mature adult would have been able to move past their "Justine beat Serena and won RG, thus I hate everything about her" by now... but silly me for forgetting there are only about 5 mature individuals on this board.

cathy r.
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:46 AM
Oooo I'm just waiting for the anti justine sentiment to start rolling in. For the record as a williams fan its not that justine feels she can be number one or that she can beat serena that makes me dislike her, its the fact that she presumes to speak for serena and presumes to know what serena feels. So for the record Justine sucks.

Also what is justine doing trying to fool anyone with that "not so strong" crap? She's plenty strong. She rips the ball on her serve and her ground strokes! This napoleon complex is getting old fast. "oh poopr me I'm so small, I'm so tiny, have pity... the other girls are so big and strong...whimper..." :rolleyes:

Bring on the hard courts and the serena and justine rivalry! :lol:

Ditto, Cybelle Darkholme!! Henin-Hardenne is like Hingis--absolutely no sportsmanship!

Malin
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:46 AM
Justine is so full of herself, she has won two matches against Serena on clay and that's it. Justine doesn't stand a chance against her on any other surface.

yukon145
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Jen beat Serena at Wimbledon quarters in 2001 as well. And I also think that its good for Justine to believe in herself. She's in the right mind set to have wins over Serena and even do well at the US Open.

yukon145
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:49 AM
Justine is so full of herself, she has won two matches against Serena on clay and that's it. Justine doesn't stand a chance against her on any other surface.
3 matches isn't it? 2 this year, 1 last year.

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:56 AM
The only people I see playing victim are you rabid justine henin fans. Everyone and their mother in the tennis world knows what she did sucked big time and had no defense. Thats why she took so much flak from commentators and other players who were asked about it. But no, the rabid fans of henin can find nothing wrong with their sainted one because she can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

no sweetie, you are wrong as usual.

First, I don't feel like a victim, I am quite happy, I didn't expect Justine to win a GS this year, so it was a bonus, with her injury, I didn't expect her to do well in Wimbledon, and she got to the semis.

I am quite happy with her, she did a lot more than I expected from her and the constant pathetic moaning of Williams fanatic is quite amusing really.

and try to make some sense for once in your life (I know it's too much to ask but try), she did suck big time? where, when?, she had no defense, where, when? what are you talking about?

And for your information, I never said she can do no wrong, unlike most of the Williams fans (not necessarily you) I don't think she is perfect and I do think she was wrong by not telling the umpire she raised her hand, and I said that before. I only think the incident was blown out or proportion and it wasn't worse than Serena not telling the umpire the ball was out.

You are pathetic, so, it was ok for Serena to ignore a call just because Justine could have asked the umpire to check the mark? huh?, and why didn't Serena ask the umpire to ask the line people, I am sure they could have seen Justine raised her hand couldn't they? so, your arguments, like usual make no sense, wrong is wrong, and it's not less wrong because nobody noticed.

Justine was wrong, Serena was wrong, they were both wrong, I don't think it's a big deal that Serena didn't give Justine the point, but the same applies the other way around, there are not "moral" rules for Serena and a different set when it's against her, apparently, not saying anything was so terrible wrong, so, Serena didn't say anything.

and for the murder alegory, you don't talk, do you? people do make comparissons some times, some times they are gruesome comparissons just to emphasize something, but I guess that's too much for you to understand.

here, have a candy and go to bed.

:wavey:

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:57 AM
Lucky for Justine that one of the 4 biggest tournaments in the world, and the one that she holds dearest, is played on clay. :wavey:

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:00 AM
First, I don't feel like a victim, I am quite happy, I didn't expect Justine to win a GS this year, so it was a bonus, with her injury, I didn't expect her to do well in Wimbledon, and she got to the semis.

I am quite happy with her, she did a lot more than I expected from her and the constant pathetic moaning of Williams fanatic is quite amusing really.

Exactly... I expected that a RG win for Justine was in the cards, but I didn't see it for another year or two.

You know, I would think that any serious fans of the sport could at the very least appreciate the "Justine Henin story" and admire what she has managed to do. I don't care for Serena all that much, but that doesn't mean I don't admire her. I remind myself - again - that there are few serious tennis fans on this board.

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Henin is a biatch. Sorry, but Hingis had more class than this. I'm tired of her opening her big ass mouth about Serena, and people trying to excuse this. I would rather see Kim beat Serena if that did happen. I just don't like this biatch, she is constantly saying some crazy chit!!!

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Exactly... I expected that a RG win for Justine was in the cards, but I didn't see it for another year or two.

You know, I would think that any serious fans of the sport could at the very least appreciate the "Justine Henin story" and admire what she has managed to do. I don't care for Serena all that much, but that doesn't mean I don't admire her. I remind myself - again - that there are few serious tennis fans on this board.
What.... we're supposed to be rational, think, process information, and act accordingly!! WTF - that's too much fucking work. I refuse.

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:04 AM
Henin is a biatch. Sorry, but Hingis had more class than this. I'm tired of her opening her big ass mouth about Serena, and people trying to excuse this. I would rather see Kim beat Serena if that did happen. I just don't like this biatch, she is constantly saying some crazy chit!!!
English not first language.... press continually hounding her about Serena.... Hmmm, that may add to things just a bit.

The "it" rivalry since first week of June is Serena/Justine. The media wants to know and get a scoop, so they ask J2H about SW all the time.

I presume that if J2H always responded with "No comment, people don't think I should say a solitary word about the world's number one player.", that she would be considered rude and avoiding Serena and not 'respecting' her.

So,... live by the sword and die by it as well I guess.

Rocketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Wow... I would think that any mature adult would have been able to move past their "Justine beat Serena and won RG, thus I hate everything about her" by now... but silly me for forgetting there are only about 5 mature individuals on this board.

wait let me guess, you're one of the five? :haha:

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:07 AM
The reason why henin is not admired is because she is a cheat. I do not admire cheaters. You could say alot of things about Hingis, Capriati, Davenport, and the others but Justine has no ethics. And she seems to pick it up from her coach and husband.

what a shame. :rolleyes:

Rocketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:07 AM
English not first language.... press continually hounding her about Serena.... Hmmm, that may add to things just a bit.

The "it" rivalry since first week of June is Serena/Justine. The media wants to know and get a scoop, so they ask J2H about SW all the time.

I presume that if J2H always responded with "No comment, people don't think I should say a solitary word about the world's number one player.", that she would be considered rude and avoiding Serena and not 'respecting' her.

So,... live by the sword and die by it as well I guess.

There's a huge jump from "no comment" to these comments in the article. I'm sorry. If she actually said what was quoted she is/was plain out of line.

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:08 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!! Hah!! :D

Mr. Man
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:08 AM

and try to make some sense for once in your life (I know it's too much to ask but try), she did suck big time? where, when?, she had no defense, where, when? what are you talking about?

And for your information, I never said she can do no wrong, unlike most of the Williams fans (not necessarily you) I don't think she is perfect and I do think she was wrong by not telling the umpire she raised her hand, and I said that before. I only think the incident was blown out or proportion and it wasn't worse than Serena not telling the umpire the ball was out.

You are pathetic, so, it was ok for Serena to ignore a call just because Justine could have asked the umpire to check the mark? huh?, and why didn't Serena ask the umpire to ask the line people, I am sure they could have seen Justine raised her hand couldn't they? so, your arguments, like usual make no sense, wrong is wrong, and it's not less wrong because nobody noticed.

Justine was wrong, Serena was wrong, they were both wrong, I don't think it's a big deal that Serena didn't give Justine the point, but the same applies the other way around, there are not "moral" rules for Serena and a different set when it's against her, apparently, not saying anything was so terrible wrong, so, Serena didn't say anything.

and for the murder alegory, you don't talk, do you? people do make comparissons some times, some times they are gruesome comparissons just to emphasize something, but I guess that's too much for you to understand.

It's really bad that you can't discuss with cybelle, without insulting her.

yukon145
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:09 AM

Wow, well said.

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:10 AM
I think it spices things up. She didn't say anything wrong or offensive...as best I can read it (and I'm neutral here with zero bias). The press got their story. The WTA gets some ink. Serena's name gets mentioned... The rivalry continues off the court as well.

To me,... it's all good.

I guess people don't remember the Monica/Steffi press whores of the early 90s...this stuff is *tame*!!!

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:10 AM

well, she didn't born with a strong frame and she doesn't have a muscular body, but she was blessed with talent.

but there is another thing, and I admit I might be biased but who cares? :lol:

Justine impresses me like the kind of person that when she puts the sight on something, she fights for it till the end. Her main goal was to win the FO and she did. I don't expect her to beat Serena, or Kim on hardcourt this year, but in the future, who knows what she can do?

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:11 AM
At last check I wasn't the one who had nothing better to do than rip to shreds quotes from an article. Frankly, I find this practice to be rather petty. It reminds me of highschool... thus, it's not very mature. And yes, I do consider myself to be one of the few on this board with:

1)An IQ above 100
2)An ounce of maturity (note that I specified "an ounce"... nobody is mature ALL the time ;))

Thanks for asking.

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Justine hits the ball just as hard as any top 10 player. She needs to stop with the,"I'm so small" defense. Feel sorry for me. Please. :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:14 AM

More ignorance from you as usual. Whats even more funny is that you admit you feel what justine did was wrong, which is my point, and yet you still attempt to justify what she did by comparing something totally unrelated. If serena did happen to notice a ball was out it is not her job to call the lines. So if serena hits a serve and its called good but she thinks its out shes supposed to stop the point and go check? "oh i'm sorry but i think my serve was out eventhough you called it an ace." Right.

Now if the umpire had asked serena if the ball was out then yes she should feel compelled to tell him or her. However the umpire did not do this. If the ball was out then a mark would have clearly indicated this and the umpire could have gotten out of the chair and investigated. Its not hard. Its done all the time on clay. If you don't understand the difference you're even more ignorant than I previously thought.

oh I do know what an allegory is hun I just find yours so over the top that they don't accomplish what you want them to and only serve to make you look foolish and simple.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:15 AM
well, she didn't born with a strong frame and she doesn't have a muscular body, but she was blessed with talent.

but there is another thing, and I admit I might be biased but who cares? :lol:

Justine impresses me like the kind of person that when she puts the sight on something, she fights for it till the end. Her main goal was to win the FO and she did. I don't expect her to beat Serena, or Kim on hardcourt this year, but in the future, who knows what she can do?
I first became a fan of her because I liked how she was "different"... that is, it was nice to see a little midget fighting against all the "big babes" ;) She came just in time, as Hingis was on her way out...

Since then I have come to admire the qualities which you have mentioned.

Mr. Man
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:16 AM
and try to make some sense for once in your life (I know it's too much to ask but try),
This is coming from a poster who said "workshipper" instead of the right word Worshipper. funny.

Crazy Canuck
Justine hits the ball just as hard as any top 10 player. She needs to stop with the,"I'm so small" defense. Feel sorry for me. Please. :rolleyes:
She's 5'5 and has a very slight frame, yet can still match up reasonably against many of the top players who are a good deal more massive than her... impressive, eh? ;)

Fingon

have you ever watched a match live? :rolleyes:

I have and I can tell you, Justine hits hard but compared to Serena or Mary or Monica her shots are soft as a baby.

Believe me, I haven't seen Venus, Lindsay or Kim in person, but Serena is in her own league, along with Mary, No one comes even close. (including Capriati)

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Henin does not do anything different than the power girls. All she does is stand at the baseline and hit her one handed backhand. Don't even try to compare her to Hingis. LOL :rolleyes:

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:18 AM
I've seen Justine in person - and agree she does not hit *as* hard as Mary, Monica, Serena, Amelie, Venus... but she's up there with them - just a bit behind.

Rocketta
At last check I wasn't the one who had nothing better to do than rip to shreds quotes from an article. Frankly, I find this practice to be rather petty. It reminds me of highschool... thus, it's not very mature. And yes, I do consider myself to be one of the few on this board with:

1)An IQ above 100
2)An ounce of maturity (note that I specified "an ounce"... nobody is mature ALL the time ;))

Thanks for asking.

eh, Ok! :unsure:

:haha:

Crazy Canuck
This is coming from a poster who said "workshipper" instead of the right word Worshipper. funny.
An obvious typo. You see, this is a good example of a poster being petty when they no longer have a valid point.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:19 AM

I echo that sentiment wholeheartedly.

harloo
have you ever watched a match live? :rolleyes:

I have and I can tell you, Justine hits hard but compared to Serena or Mary or Monica her shots are soft as a baby.

Believe me, I haven't seen Venus, Lindsay or Kim in person, but Serena is in her own league, along with Mary, No one comes even close. (including Capriati)

yes, I have seen a match live. And my opinion is still the same about her. Sorry, but you cannot even compare her to hingis. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Henin does not do anything different than the power girls. All she does is stand at the baseline and hit her one handed backhand. Don't even try to compare her to Hingis. LOL :rolleyes:
Who compared her game to Hingis'?

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:20 AM
Doesn't do anything different??? That must be why she's never won a Slam... never been to the SF at 3 of the 4... never beaten everyone currently in the top 10.... She's pathetic, I tell ya!

:)

Crazy Canuck

I'm forever changed by the depth of this post.

Cybelle Darkholme
Doesn't do anything different??? That must be why she's never won a Slam... never been to the SF at 3 of the 4... never beaten everyone currently in the top 10.... She's pathetic, I tell ya!

okay that was funny.

Rocketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:21 AM
I'm forever changed by the depth of this post.

eh, Thanks! :unsure:

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:22 AM

Oh but you forgot one thing. She became the biggest cheater to ever play women's tennis in the process. LOL :D

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:23 AM
eh, Thanks! :unsure:

:D lol

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Actually, I think the biggest "cheater" in women's tennis was Renee Richards. He had his penis cut off just to beat ladies on the WTA Tour. That's just plain not fair at all!!!!

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Oh but you forgot one thing. She became the biggest cheater to ever play women's tennis in the process. LOL :D
Pretty sad that you still can't accept that Serena lost fair and square ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Actually, I think the biggest "cheater" in women's tennis was Renee Richards. He had his penis cut off just to beat ladies on the WTA Tour. That's just plain not fair at all!!!!

Oooo now all the trannies on the site will be gunning for you girlfriend. :eek:

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:25 AM
:D lol
All these intense comments are just too far above my head for me to possibly get the joke!

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:26 AM
signs.... "sometimes you've got to get the joke....it's the only thing that keeps this bloke - afloat....."

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Oooo now all the trannies on the site will be gunning for you girlfriend. :eek:
I'll just raise my left hand and not say a thing to them.

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:28 AM
All these intense comments are just too far above my head for me to possibly get the joke!

Um ok..MISS KNOW IT ALL!

ROTF :D

Richie77
I'll just raise my left hand and not say a thing to them.
LOL! :lol:

Oh, and my personal thought about the thread: If Justine has her sights on the No. 1 ranking, then she's doing what she should be doing. Every player in the Top 10 should be gunning for No. 1!

Fingon
More ignorance from you as usual. Whats even more funny is that you admit you feel what justine did was wrong, which is my point, and yet you still attempt to justify what she did by comparing something totally unrelated. If serena did happen to notice a ball was out it is not her job to call the lines. So if serena hits a serve and its called good but she thinks its out shes supposed to stop the point and go check? "oh i'm sorry but i think my serve was out eventhough you called it an ace." Right.

Cybelle, to stop looking like an idiot (well, you are an idiot) try to choose your words more carefully, ignorance sounds good doesn't it but it doesn't apply to the case?

first, can you read english? we might try another language, tell me honey, where did I try to justify what Justine did? I didn't, I know you are not very smart but you should realize that I said what Justine did was wrong, where did I say it was right?, I only said that I think it was blown out of proportion but I stand by that, don't put words in my mouth, just quote me where I said that, otherwise you look like a liar my dear.

Second, it wasn't a Serena's serve darling, it was a Justine's shot, it was on Serena's side, so get your facts right and stop inventing.

Now if the umpire had asked serena if the ball was out then yes she should feel compelled to tell him or her. However the umpire did not do this. If the ball was out then a mark would have clearly indicated this and the umpire could have gotten out of the chair and investigated. Its not hard. Its done all the time on clay. If you don't understand the difference you're even more ignorant than I previously thought.

the umpire never asks the player if the ball is in or out, they either check the mark or if they didn't see it have to trust the line people (because obviously they won't admit they were wrong). I've never ever seen an umpire asking a player if her opponent's ball was in or out. Justine was on the other side, she could not see it was in, but if Serena was such a good sport she should have said simple.

Notice dear I am not saying that because Serena was wrong Justine was right, it's you who confuses things, not me.

oh I do know what an allegory is hun I just find yours so over the top that they don't accomplish what you want them to and only serve to make you look foolish and simple.

and you call me ignorant? :haha:

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:31 AM
I'm so glad to still see Anti-Justine and Anti-Serena posts... I was beginning to wonder who the rest of us middleroaders were 'supposed' to hate now. Thanks for the clarity!!

WtaTour4Ever
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:32 AM
As my Mom and Grandmother used to say....I think Justine is definitely smelling herself...ie full of herself. On one hand I see absolutely nothing wrong with her aspirations for #1. I think its a bit much....with her comments about how Serena must feel. But I think alot of it is frustration from all the flack she has gotten over the hand incident.....and possible Serena's comments regarding the "lying and fabricating"....

I'm not sure if this was discussed but I watched the Paradorn vs.. someone match over the weekend and the commenters praised him for over-ruling the umpire when a serve was called a let/out. Actually I think it was the other guy, but both players were being very generous to one another...and P.S. ended up losing the point........anyway......they took that time to AGAIN bring up the incident at the French and Justines lack of sportsmanship. I'm over...and as she and Serena stated....it was not the determining point of the match.

I still like Justines game and would like to support her, I do however think she needs to focus on her own game and not other people and what they are thinking/doing......

jbone_0307
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Justine henin is soo stupid and so is her coach Carlos Rodriguez. Their are other people to beat too like Venus, who would have romped Serena if she werent injured. Why is she always directing her interviews toward Serena. WOW! She beat her twice on Clay and she becomes arrogant. She not saying anything about beating Venus because she know Venus would bitch slap her on any surface including clay. Thats why they have Justine facing Serena instead of Venus cause their 5 last matches have been quickies

alexusjonesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:35 AM
oooh oooh may I contribute to the bounty of this intellectual discourse?

Justine hand....blahblahblahblahblah.....Hingis short....blahblahblahblah....
Serena hard.....blahblahblahblahblah.....Venus Williams...blahblahblahblah....
oh and I can't forget:
I don't really have a point so 'let the tennis do the talking' and your post has the wrong smiley in it (you're stupid=I'm right, Yay!)
and of course the requisite smiley hieroglyphics:
:angel::sad::awww::lol::yippee: :) :lick: :( :drool: ;):kiss: :eek: :p :clap2::confused::hearts::bounce:

take that Virginia Woolf! :tape:

Richie77
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:39 AM
LOL Caelestia!!

Can I make my points too!

Justine - :) :worship: :devil: :(

Serena - :o :D ;) :p

Justine - :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek:

Serena - :confused: :wavey: :angel: :sad:

Justine - :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :bounce:

Serena - :fiery: :lick: :tape: :lol:

Justine - wait I have to click on the show all smilies thing...

Oh, never mind it's too hard

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Cybelle, to stop looking like an idiot (well, you are an idiot) try to choose your words more carefully, ignorance sounds good doesn't it but it doesn't apply to the case?

first, can you read english? we might try another language, tell me honey, where did I try to justify what Justine did? I didn't, I know you are not very smart but you should realize that I said what Justine did was wrong, where did I say it was right?, I only said that I think it was blown out of proportion but I stand by that, don't put words in my mouth, just quote me where I said that, otherwise you look like a liar my dear.

Second, it wasn't a Serena's serve darling, it was a Justine's shot, it was on Serena's side, so get your facts right and stop inventing.

the umpire never asks the player if the ball is in or out, they either check the mark or if they didn't see it have to trust the line people (because obviously they won't admit they were wrong). I've never ever seen an umpire asking a player if her opponent's ball was in or out. Justine was on the other side, she could not see it was in, but if Serena was such a good sport she should have said simple.

Notice dear I am not saying that because Serena was wrong Justine was right, it's you who confuses things, not me.

and you call me ignorant? :haha:

Oh please, yes I call you ignorant because the shoe fits. Your attempt to defuse the "hand" scenario with bringing up a "out" call that serena didn't acknowledge was blatantly transparent. anyone and everyone can see why you are bringing up the "out call".

Also as you yourself stated the umpire does not ask the players about out calls. why? Because its not their job to call the lines. Thats what the linespeople are for. Thats what the umpire is there for. Its their job. Serena is not paid to call the lines. Do you understand that? Apparently not.

also I never said the shot in question was a serve. I was using an example. I would think that would have been apparent to anyone with any degree of intelligence.

And if players can see if their shots were in or not then they wouldn't have to ever question a call. Talk about fool of fools. If justine doubted her shot was out then she should have requested the umpire do his job. Obviously she thought it was good. Tough break for her. Thats how it goes in tennis. Sometimes you get good calls. Sometimes you get bad ones. However serena did not stand their and lie to the umpire unlike justine.

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:41 AM
Ah but you see, no one is gonna remember Serena ignoring a line call, except for Henin fans to try and cover up Justine's bad sportsmanship. But I can see your point.

of course, the media didn't blow it out of proportion did it?

but I see your point, it's ok to do something wrong, what is bad is being caught. If people don't remember then it becomes right.

just for the record, I guess that by Henin fans you mean me if not ignore the question, but again, how am I covering up Henin behaviour?

let me try, maybe you have sight problems

WHAT JUSTINE DID WAS WRONG

is that clear?

now, what Serena did was also wrong.

Now, if I have said Jusitine wasn't wrong, or because Serena was wrong then what Justine did was right or something similar you would be right, but I am sorry to dissapoint you, I didn't.

try again, find a quote where I said Justine wasn't wrong or similar, if you can't then as your friend Cybelle you will look either like a liar or at least someone with a lot of imagination

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:41 AM
En continue!

Rocketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:42 AM
LOL Caelestia!!

Justine - :) :worship: :devil: :(

Serena - :o :D ;) :p

Justine - :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek:

Serena - :confused: :wavey: :angel: :sad:

Justine - :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :bounce:

Serena - :fiery: :lick: :tape: :lol:

Justine - wait I have to click on the show all smilies thing...

Oh, never mind it's too hard

:lol: :lol: :haha: :haha: :worship: :worship:

alexusjonesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:42 AM
LOL Caelestia!!

Justine - :angel: :mad: :zzz: :mad:

Serena - :bowdown: :hearts: :bolt: :secret:

Justine - :drink: :eek: :fiery: :fiery:

Serena - :bounce: :bounce: :lol: :help:

lol, that sounds about right
translation: :eek::p :unsure::hug::dance::smash::banghead::bigclap:

Richie77
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:44 AM
lol, that sounds about right
translation: :eek::p :unsure::hug::dance::smash::banghead::bigclap:

May I also say:

:awww: :bowdown: :eek: :eek: :topic: :scratch: :spit: :spit:

alexusjonesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:49 AM
*doing Mr.Burns voice*
'excellent...we've hijacked the flamebait thread'
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :devil:

:smooch::p :wavey::angel::tape:
translation: let's do this more often, it sure beats trying to introduce common sense into these debates :lol:

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:51 AM
Oh please, yes I call you ignorant because the shoe fits. Your attempt to defuse the "hand" scenario with bringing up a "out" call that serena didn't acknowledge was blatantly transparent. anyone and everyone can see why you are bringing up the "out call".

Cybelle, you are looking more and more stupid.

so you are upset to Justine because she thinks she knows what Serena thinks and you are doing the same with me. Tell me, what's my favourite colour?

Also as you yourself stated the umpire does not ask the players about out calls. why? Because its not their job to call the lines. Thats what the linespeople are for. Thats what the umpire is there for. Its their job. Serena is not paid to call the lines. Do you understand that? Apparently not.

well, it isn't Justine's job to tell the umpire she raised her hand, that's the umpire's job to notice it, it's his job, Justine is not paid to tell anything to the umpire, do you understand that? surely not

also I never said the shot in question was a serve. I was using an example. I would think that would have been apparent to anyone with any degree of intelligence.

So if serena hits a serve and its called good but she thinks its out shes supposed to stop the point and go check? "oh i'm sorry but i think my serve was out eventhough you called it an ace." Right

so you never said that it was a serve, not at all, yes, you use it as an "example", the only problem is that when a player serves, the ball (you know, the little rounded yellow thing) most of the time lands on the other side of the court, so the player who is SERVING, is not likely to see the ball. So your example wasn't very appropriate, anyone with any degree of intelligence could see it.

And if players can see if their shots were in or not then they wouldn't have to ever question a call. Talk about fool of fools. If justine doubted her shot was out then she should have requested the umpire do his job. Obviously she thought it was good. Tough break for her. Thats how it goes in tennis. Sometimes you get good calls. Sometimes you get bad ones. However serena did not stand their and lie to the umpire unlike justine.

hmm, you lost me there, go and take your medicine, we are not talking about what Justine did/thought/felt during that point but about Serena's behaviour, if Justine saw the ball or argued the call is completely irrelevant.

And how do you know Justine lie to the umpire? she didn't say anything

Cybelle, just let it go, I found your stupidity amusing but you are starting to bore me, you know, I don't have a lot of patience with kids, especially when they are not very smart.

disposablehero
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:54 AM
I wish Kim had Justine's tunnel vision.

Richie77
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:56 AM
*doing Mr.Burns voice*
'excellent...we've hijacked the flamebait thread'
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :devil:

:smooch::p :wavey::angel::tape:
translation: let's do this more often, it sure beats trying to introduce common sense into these debates :lol:
LOL, very true.
I stick by my first post: It is a professional tennis player's JOB to play her best, which means trying to achieve the highest ranking possible. For Justine, that number is 1. If she wants it, then I say go for it!

alexusjonesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:03 AM
LOL, very true.
I stick by my first post: It is a professional tennis player's JOB to play her best, which means trying to achieve the highest ranking possible. For Justine, that number is 1. If she wants it, then I say go for it!

Yeah, it doesn't matter what anyone actually says. What comes out of Serena's mouth is 'she cheated, she cheated, she cheated, she cheated' while whatever Kim says is always 'I deserve no.1, I deserve no.1, I deserve no.1' and whatever Justine says is always 'Serena is a bitch, Serena is a bitch, Serena is a bitch'

the players don't even have control over their own mouths anymore...whatever they say comes out as the playback of a tape stuck in a loop. Poor Serena, Kim, Justine :tape:

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:05 AM
No... poor US! It gets SOOOOOOOOOOOOO old. You'd think these people would appreciate that there faves are at the top of the game and ABLE to play. Some of us don't have that luxory and have to spend our time reading this.

alexusjonesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:07 AM
No... poor US! It gets SOOOOOOOOOOOOO old. You'd think these people would appreciate that there faves are at the top of the game and ABLE to play. Some of us don't have that luxory and have to spend our time reading this.

or worse yet, writing this :eek:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:13 AM
Cybelle, you are looking more and more stupid.

so you are upset to Justine because she thinks she knows what Serena thinks and you are doing the same with me. Tell me, what's my favourite colour?

well, it isn't Justine's job to tell the umpire she raised her hand, that's the umpire's job to notice it, it's his job, Justine is not paid to tell anything to the umpire, do you understand that? surely not

so you never said that it was a serve, not at all, yes, you use it as an "example", the only problem is that when a player serves, the ball (you know, the little rounded yellow thing) most of the time lands on the other side of the court, so the player who is SERVING, is not likely to see the ball. So your example wasn't very appropriate, anyone with any degree of intelligence could see it.

hmm, you lost me there, go and take your medicine, we are not talking about what Justine did/thought/felt during that point but about Serena's behaviour, if Justine saw the ball or argued the call is completely irrelevant.

And how do you know Justine lie to the umpire? she didn't say anything

Cybelle, just let it go, I found your stupidity amusing but you are starting to bore me, you know, I don't have a lot of patience with kids, especially when they are not very smart.

Funny how you find my posts "boring" but you still reply. :rolleyes:

Its great to see how desperate you are to make it look like serena was at fault. I guess despite your words the whole "hand" issue must really peeve you off because it shows the lack of character of your favorite. The fact remains that the umpire asked her a question. and justine lied. No one in the tennis world disputes this. Yet you go digging up an out call that serena didn't question?

For the record Justine held up her hand. It was on tape. She then proceeded to lie about it. DId serena see that this alleged "out call" was acutally in? Did she go and inspect the spot to see if it was truly out? How do you know she thought it was in and decided not to say anything? What if after hearing the call she proceeded to go about her job of playing tennis and didn't bother to inspect the mark? Did you think of that? You see the case with justine is FACTUAL. While your alleged accusations are just unfounded accusations. Funny how your desperate attempt to paint serena as guilty unravels under scrutiny.

Ignorance must truly be bliss for you.

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:15 AM

1)An IQ above 100

Thanks for asking.

You're supposed to be mature?? All you do is come on and try to talk down to and criticize other posters, and lift yourself up. That is not the sign of a mature person. Don't you agree??

TennisHack
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:18 AM

You'd think they'd have different straws to clutch at, but alas, no.

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Funny how you find my posts "boring" but you still reply. :rolleyes:

Its great to see how desperate you are to make it look like serena was at fault. I guess despite your words the whole "hand" issue must really peeve you off because it shows the lack of character of your favorite. The fact remains that the umpire asked her a question. and justine lied. No one in the tennis world disputes this. Yet you go digging up an out call that serena didn't question?

For the record Justine held up her hand. It was on tape. She then proceeded to lie about it. DId serena see that this alleged "out call" was acutally in? Did she go and inspect the spot to see if it was truly out? How do you know she thought it was in and decided not to say anything? What if after hearing the call she proceeded to go about her job of playing tennis and didn't bother to inspect the mark? Did you think of that? You see the case with justine is FACTUAL. While your alleged accusations are just unfounded accusations. Funny how your desperate attempt to paint serena as guilty unravels under scrutiny.

no I said I found your stupidity amusing but you were starting to bore me. I think you are stupid, obsessed and can't read.

ignorance, that's the new word you learnt in school, how many time have you used it?

I am really out of here, shouldn't let the kids get me into their silly arguments. :wavey:

TennisHack
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:25 AM
oooh oooh may I contribute to the bounty of this intellectual discourse?

Justine hand....blahblahblahblahblah.....Hingis short....blahblahblahblah....
Serena hard.....blahblahblahblahblah.....Venus Williams...blahblahblahblah....
oh and I can't forget:
I don't really have a point so 'let the tennis do the talking' and your post has the wrong smiley in it (you're stupid=I'm right, Yay!)
and of course the requisite smiley hieroglyphics:
:angel::sad::awww::lol::yippee: :) :lick: :( :drool: ;):kiss: :eek: :p :clap2::confused::hearts::bounce:

take that Virginia Woolf! :tape:

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

TennisHack
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:29 AM

You would know.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:30 AM
no I said I found your stupidity amusing but you were starting to bore me. I think you are stupid, obsessed and can't read.

ignorance, that's the new word you learnt in school, how many time have you used it?

I am really out of here, shouldn't let the kids get me into their silly arguments. :wavey:

Bye bye. I guess when you're wrong you head out of dodge. Thats the first smart thing you've done today. Also I used the word ignorant as much as I did because it so aptly applies to you. In fact I've decided to use it whenever I address a post of yours because I'm confident it will be appropriate.

Its funny how your deluded self created fiction of serena maniacally refusing to acknowledge a call that you have no idea she thought was good or not compares with justine's factual actions.

Of course I dont expect a response because really you dont have one, do you? Ignorant.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:31 AM
You would know.
:lol: :lol:

omigod what wit! The sheer brilliance! Please continue oh master of the barbed tongue. :lol:

TennisHack
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:35 AM
:lol: :lol:

omigod what wit! The sheer brilliance! Please continue oh master of the barbed tongue. :lol:

Just trying to keep things down on your level :) You're most welcome :kiss:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Just trying to keep things down on your level :) You're most welcome :kiss:

well youre failing miserably because your level seems to be severa; floors below and quite possibly a bargain basement level.

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Bye bye. I guess when you're wrong you head out of dodge. Thats the first smart thing you've done today. Also I used the word ignorant as much as I did because it so aptly applies to you. In fact I've decided to use it whenever I address a post of yours because I'm confident it will be appropriate.

Its funny how your deluded self created fiction of serena maniacally refusing to acknowledge a call that you have no idea she thought was good or not compares with justine's factual actions.

Of course I dont expect a response because really you dont have one, do you? Ignorant.

ok I shouldn't answer but what the hell,

I won't bother answer your stupid statement as anyone can read through and see you are a liar, you are deciding what I said and thought but it's simply not true, anyone can re-read and see it.

Talking about ignorance, you seem to think it's related to tennis.

what about history? phylosophy, to call someone ignorant it means you must be very knowledgeable yourself.

we can surely have a more constructive conversation, or better, you can help me get over my ignorance.

do you think Kant is a good topic? or maybe we could talk of the success that cause world war I.

maybe you would like to talk about how Bismark created a unified Germany or maybe we could talk in more than one language , que te parece Cybelle?

what about maths? I am sure you can teach me a lot about differentials and integrals, function and all that stuff that I can't understand.

or maybe you know a lot about programming, cobol, C++, I am sure someone so intelligent would easily dominate that.

or maybe Geography, we could play the game of the capitals, I am sure you will tell me in a second where Ulan Bator is (don't cheat).

you can choose the topic, I am all ears, I am anxious to be cultivated by someone as knowledgeable as you are.

katrientje
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:38 AM
:( @ this thread
When I was reading the article posted, I was hoping that not a single Justine-fan would get into the discussion, but they did. Let go everyone. I don't like Justine's talking either, indeed, one doesn't know what the other one thinks, but with journalists these days: she might just as well have said something completely different. Maybe something like this:

Reporter: "Do you think Serena likes it that you're aware of the fact that you can beat her?"
Justine: "maybe not..."

Threads like these spoil this board IMO. Nothing new in these 3 pages, we already knew that Serena-fans hate Justine.
I think the controversy is interesting, I love Serena and the fact that there is a controversy, makes tennis a little more interesting, but all this...

TennisHack
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:40 AM
well youre failing miserably because your level seems to be severa; floors below and quite possibly a bargain basement level.

:lol::lol:

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:41 AM
I see this thread has gone to the dumps. Should I delete it??

katrientje
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:44 AM
Maybe you should, it's still very early in the morning in Europe. I don't wanna see what happens if all the Belgians enter this thread ,-)

alexusjonesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:46 AM
I see this thread has gone to the dumps. Should I delete it??

I don't think it would matter, the same arguments are going to play out in other threads (they already are) again and again and again and again and whirling and whirling and forver whirling towards freedom ...whoops, sorry had a simpsons flashback :eek:

Mrs. Peel
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:50 AM
I'm not sure if this was discussed but I watched the Paradorn vs.. someone match over the weekend and the commenters praised him for over-ruling the umpire when a serve was called a let/out. Actually I think it was the other guy, but both players were being very generous to one another...and P.S. ended up losing the point........anyway......they took that time to AGAIN bring up the incident at the French and Justines lack of sportsmanship.

I did see this and they really made the point of how unsporting Justine was again...People are giving her a hard look....and it isn't too positive. This will follow her for a long time...

She needs to focus on her goals and stop invoking Serena's name... just shut up Justine...please!!!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:50 AM
ok I shouldn't answer but what the hell,

I won't bother answer your stupid statement as anyone can read through and see you are a liar, you are deciding what I said and thought but it's simply not true, anyone can re-read and see it.

Talking about ignorance, you seem to think it's related to tennis.

what about history? phylosophy, to call someone ignorant it means you must be very knowledgeable yourself.

we can surely have a more constructive conversation, or better, you can help me get over my ignorance.

do you think Kant is a good topic? or maybe we could talk of the success that cause world war I.

maybe you would like to talk about how Bismark created a unified Germany or maybe we could talk in more than one language , que te parece Cybelle?

what about maths? I am sure you can teach me a lot about differentials and integrals, function and all that stuff that I can't understand.

or maybe you know a lot about programming, cobol, C++, I am sure someone so intelligent would easily dominate that.

or maybe Geography, we could play the game of the capitals, I am sure you will tell me in a second where Ulan Bator is (don't cheat).

you can choose the topic, I am all ears, I am anxious to be cultivated by someone as knowledgeable as you are.

Or how about we discuss Jung or the dali lama.

how about the teachings of sufi or judism or chrisitanity.

Better yet what about art history. Impressionism, modern, post modern, anicent, noveau, surrlealism, futurism, pop art.. i can go on and on because its a favorite subject.

Oooo or what about politics. I love politics. We can discuss communits and facists and even libertarians.

On languages I'm afraid I won't be much help. I know a smattering of italian and thats it.

Math. Hate it. But I know enought to get me through c++, I write my own programs, and visual basic hardly needs math at all. Cobol I know nothing about.

But Fingon what I really want to know is why you refuse to answer my last post. I guess you felt it was an opportune moment to side track the issue. right?

You see I can admit that I see your point that if serena knew the ball was good and didn't say anything well yes it was morally wrong not to speak out. However how do you know that she knew the ball was good? you don't, hence the diversion.

For the record your attempt to shed your veil of ignorance by inviting discussion and skirting the real topic of this thread just reinforces my view of your ignorance.

:lol:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:53 AM
:lol::lol:

plagiarism. well they say imitation is the sincerist form of flattery. so thanks. :wavey:

TennisHack
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:55 AM
plagiarism. well they say imitation is the sincerist form of flattery. so thanks. :wavey:

Aww, isn't that cute. She thought I was imitating her. Since she spent so much time researching for that last reply to Fingon, mayhaps she will look up the word "mockery" to respond to mine :)

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:59 AM
Aww, isn't that cute. She thought I was imitating her. Since she spent so much time researching for that last reply to Fingon, mayhaps she will look up the word "mockery" to respond to mine :)

you are just as pathetic as your cohort. And maybe you dont know what plagiarism is? Sad for you but I guess having an original thought is tough huh. Better start thinking hard now for a reply, get those creative juices flowing, right? :rolleyes:

TennisHack
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Wow, four minutes! Is that some kind of record in dictionary shuffling?

treufreund
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:02 AM
OMG How dare Justine try to "read serena's mind"! you people who hate justine are purposefully being drama queens and making this into another "incident" like the "hand" incident which was sooooo blown out of proportion and is of course brought up by the American press even during men's tennis matches. :rolleyes:

I think Justine is 'spot on'. Serena does have an extreme arrogance about her and she cannot handle it when someone believes in herself. She thinks all players should just lay down and lose for her. Remember even in the Wimby semis Serena led 4-0 and juju broke back twice to get it to 4-3. Although the scoreline was impressive for Serena it wasn't like Justine ever gave up. Sure this gets under Serena's skin and BRAVO JUSTINE for believing in yourself and standing up to the schoolyard bully Serena who hits players with her bag, stares opponents down, screams loud and generally does everything she can to intimidate and discredit her opponents.

ALLEZ!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:05 AM
Wow, four minutes! Is that some kind of record in dictionary shuffling?

You must be one of those bottom feeders I hear so much about. Nice to meet you. Funny how you add so much to the conversation. G'night dunce don't forget to wear your cap to bed.

irma
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:08 AM
serena seemed to be very comfortable in wimbledon

or is that just me?

Mrs. Peel
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:11 AM
serena seemed to be very comfortable in wimbledon

or is that just me?

you are not alone....Serena barely broke a sweat.

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Or how about we discuss Jung or the dali lama.

how about the teachings of sufi or judism or chrisitanity.

Better yet what about art history. Impressionism, modern, post modern, anicent, noveau, surrlealism, futurism, pop art.. i can go on and on because its a favorite subject.

Oooo or what about politics. I love politics. We can discuss communits and facists and even libertarians.

On languages I'm afraid I won't be much help. I know a smattering of italian and thats it.

Math. Hate it. But I know enought to get me through c++, I write my own programs, and visual basic hardly needs math at all. Cobol I know nothing about.

But Fingon what I really want to know is why you refuse to answer my last post. I guess you felt it was an opportune moment to side track the issue. right?

You see I can admit that I see your point that if serena knew the ball was good and didn't say anything well yes it was morally wrong not to speak out. However how do you know that she knew the ball was good? you don't, hence the diversion.

For the record your attempt to shed your veil of ignorance by inviting discussion and skirting the real topic of this thread just reinforces my view of your ignorance.

we can discuss Jung, I am afraid I am not interested in the Dalai
Lama, religion doesn't interest me, but hey, you are the educated one here.

I pass with art, but I think the archetips of Jung is a really fascinating notion.

oh I see, Visual Basic has nothing to do with math, shame on me, I thought Boolean structures have nothing to do with maths, it's maybe medicine :confused:

I can't talk about the teaching of christianity or other religions, as I said I don't care about religions, we can talk about their history though.

And you know C++? interesting, can you explain me what a pointer is?

what do you use, Borland Turbo C++? or do you prefer the Microsoft Foundation Classes?, I recommend you to start with managed C++, you know the assemblies are a lot better than DLLs but you need to install the .net framework (agh tough word sorry).

about your little question, I answered it, several times, if you can't be bothered reading, it's up to you, I won't repeat myself again.

and ignorance, you really should look up the dictionary, you could have call me biased, bigot, blind, obsessed, but ignorant for not agreeing with you?, I believe that ignorance is lack of knowledge, not having an opinion Cybelle disagrees with.

BTW, don't look at google for answers, so you write your own programs? in C++? ROTFLMAO and you do it for fun? you are really something.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:26 AM
You're supposed to be mature?? All you do is come on and try to talk down to and criticize other posters, and lift yourself up. That is not the sign of a mature person. Don't you agree??
"an ounce"

Dawn Marie
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Henin is a liar! Her statements tell the REAL tale. It is her (JUSTINE HENIN) who is afraid of Serena Williams. If she weren't she would not even be bothering with all the crap.

The truth is Justine was scared shitless on the grass at Wimbeldon. She was pissing in her fancy pants when Serena walked out on the court.

Serena is better on Justine's fav surface more so than Justine is on Serena's.

It is Justine who is scared by mentioning Serena. Serena is on this girls mind.

Justine shut up you are no Hingis. Hingis at least could back her shit up and she was no cheater.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Okay, Okay, I'll offer you a serious reply..

Once upon a time, I used to be very kind and agreeable on messageboards. I would try endlessly to have serious discussion with people about the sport that I love. I would try to understand where everybody was coming from. And you know what? It's a waste of time. Because a majority of the posters I encountered were either too stupid or too immature to handle anything deeper than smilies. This is why I'm such an asshole on here. I just don't have the patience for these idiots anymore.

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:31 AM

sorry, this is just tooooo funny.

you know enought to get you through c++, you should have done your research better honey, why didn't you just admit you didn't know what I was talking about?

C++ is THE most difficult programming language to master, it's VERY difficult and designed to really low level programming (for your info, low level doesn't mean easy, it means at closer to the hardware level).

You need to know maths to write on C++ and certainly, it's not a language for amateurs, I am a programmer and I don't use it, I know the fundamentals but the kind of work I do can be achieved with easier to use languages.

How much did you pay for your C++ compiler? do you use a linker?

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:31 AM
:( @ this thread
When I was reading the article posted, I was hoping that not a single Justine-fan would get into the discussion, but they did. Let go everyone. I don't like Justine's talking either, indeed, one doesn't know what the other one thinks, but with journalists these days: she might just as well have said something completely different. Maybe something like this:

Reporter: "Do you think Serena likes it that you're aware of the fact that you can beat her?"
Justine: "maybe not..."

Threads like these spoil this board IMO. Nothing new in these 3 pages, we already knew that Serena-fans hate Justine.
I think the controversy is interesting, I love Serena and the fact that there is a controversy, makes tennis a little more interesting, but all this...
Threads like this "spoil" this board? Threads like this ARE this board.

Hurley
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Out of the tens of misspellings of subjects Cybelle knows all about, you only picked on "Dalai"? Fingon, you're becoming soft in your old age. ;)

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:42 AM
wutever........I luvve Justine's attitude;)

alexusjonesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Fingon, you're becoming soft in your old age. ;)

give the ancient elf a break :o

persond
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:16 AM
OMG How dare Justine try to "read serena's mind"! you people who hate justine are purposefully being drama queens and making this into another "incident" like the "hand" incident which was sooooo blown out of proportion and is of course brought up by the American press even during men's tennis matches. :rolleyes:

I think Justine is 'spot on'. Serena does have an extreme arrogance about her and she cannot handle it when someone believes in herself. She thinks all players should just lay down and lose for her. Remember even in the Wimby semis Serena led 4-0 and juju broke back twice to get it to 4-3. Although the scoreline was impressive for Serena it wasn't like Justine ever gave up. Sure this gets under Serena's skin and BRAVO JUSTINE for believing in yourself and standing up to the schoolyard bully Serena who hits players with her bag, stares opponents down, screams loud and generally does everything she can to intimidate and discredit her opponents.

ALLEZ!

Haven't you learned anything yet...??? Do you think Serena would "deign" to respond to Justine's tirade...???

Come-on-kim
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:43 AM

Nemesis
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:11 AM
:rolleyes: @ this discusion.

An interview is not a reporter coming to Justine and letting her say whatever she wants. It are questions and Justine is responding to them. (Richard Williams does otherwise in Flemish magazines: he begins his tirade about blacks and whites and the reporter doesn't have the time to ask questions). Some haters really don't think ... They cull all apples that fit into their basket :rolleyes:

harloo .... Justine does not do anything different than the other power players? Justine had to do hard physical training at Saddlebrook to keep up with the others. Others do not have to make those kind of efforts because their bodies generate power more easily than her. If you ignore her determination and sacrifice to keep up with the pack, you are just ignorant and senseless. She has power, but she had to work hard for it to get it unlike other players.

And what's all this "no chance to beat Serena on hardcourt" ... By saying that you actually proove that what Justine says is right. You want her to give up before she enters on court. But she doesn't do that. You don't like it? Isn't there a chance that your fav just thinks like you? It's true that it is not too smart to answer questions like this. It is just bait for her haters. But yeah ... Maybe she doesn't browse the net to read frustrated teenagers' responses :rolleyes:

Paradorn is the perfect example of good sports :hearts: But I can't see the reason to compare him to Justine. There is a lot of cheating in sports: Rusedski hitting a ball twice, Rusedski touching the net and not saying something, Henman letting a ball bounce twice and still hit it and not saying something to the umpire. Do they take it that hard to these players? No ... It's only Justine and this "passiveness" incident that has been blown out of proportion. IBut yeah, it was against Serena, the unbeatable and she won the match & the GS because of it :rolleyes: ... The things that the players have done are as bad or even worse than what Justine has done. But do they constantly talk about it? No ... They were less important matches that were less watched around the world. These narrow-minded people just need to forget about this incident like they did with the other incidents. But they don't and that is unfair to Justine. They ruin her reputation and only her reputation ...

Petersmiler
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:21 AM
Not really sure why I'm bothering to post in this particular (repeat!) thread, but I must ask, are the commentators who are still condemning Justine American by any chance? None, except the Americans working for the BBC, mentioned it during the whole of Wimbledon over here! Tracey Austin and the other Americans kept bringing it up at every opportunity!

I was in Florida at the time of the FO and I had to stifle a few laughs at the way the commentators were getting more and more frustrated as all the Americans lost!

Rothes
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:25 AM
Hoopppp Henine!!!!!
Vaaiiiii Belgique!!!!

fleemkeģ
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:38 AM
1. I really like the attitude of Justine :worship:
2. Do you Williams-fans realise that your girls are the perfect example of a big mounth? I yu don't remeber it well read some old interviews with them and you'll see, if you open your eye's off course :rolleyes: , that they were (are?) so arrogant that most players were scared to death to enter the courts. But I forgot that the Willimas sisters are more than any other player :rolleyes:

3. Justine always had the ambition to be number one so that's nothing new. And about the hard courts .. well she beat Davenport, Seles and Capriati for the first time on hard court this year so she improved a lot. I'm not going to say she will win easily but she has a good chance!

4. Let the players do it on the court instead of fightig on this board again and again and again ...

Annarocks
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Geez cybelle....You are such a freakin' spin doctor....So you're saying that The umpire didn't ask Serena but she did ask Justine, eh? Look over your damn tape (cuz a nerd like you probably recorded it) and you'll see how the umpire NEVER ASKED Justine.

You guys are acting as if this was the first stupid bad call in tennis EVER MADE!!! Chill out....I know you guys only make a huge commotion because there is a Williams sister involved...if there wasn't...no one would give a damn.

SO WILL YOU ALL SHUT YOUR PIE-HOLES!!!

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:58 PM

:eek: Are you comparing visual basic with c++? :lol:

The Crow
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Couldn't be bothered by reading the whole thread after reading all the negativity in the first page, but I have a question:

What's wrong with being ambitious? She says she wants to be number one, what's wrong with that? She says she wants to do better on the hardcourts, again what's wrong with that??

And for her focussing on Serena: well Serena is the number one, so of course the other players will focuss on her. Plus I'm pretty sure the journalists focus their questions on Serena too...

All of a sudden Justine has become the satan on this board apparently. Oh well...

Oh and how some Williams fans in here can say that "Justine shouldn't focus on Serena" while they are posting in every thread about Justine is beyond me :confused:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:34 PM
sorry, this is just tooooo funny.

you know enought to get you through c++, you should have done your research better honey, why didn't you just admit you didn't know what I was talking about?

C++ is THE most difficult programming language to master, it's VERY difficult and designed to really low level programming (for your info, low level doesn't mean easy, it means at closer to the hardware level).

You need to know maths to write on C++ and certainly, it's not a language for amateurs, I am a programmer and I don't use it, I know the fundamentals but the kind of work I do can be achieved with easier to use languages.

How much did you pay for your C++ compiler? do you use a linker?

You know what smart ass? Why don't you post your programs and I will post mine. Kay? Also I didn't say that visual basic needed no math I said it HARDLY needed the math you use in c++. Of course you often put words in peoples mouth. Also I didn't pay anything for my software because I use the lab at school to write my programs.

And for the record why don't you tell me what an array is? what about constants? variable types? operators? structures? templates?

also from what i've seen java is harder than c++.

Also no I dont do it for fun. ITS CALLED A CLASS. Do you know about those? Have you heard of those or are you ignorant.

And I'm still notice that you didn't answer the question ANYWHERE in your previous posts.

you know what? I just read your previous post and now I get it. You use google to come up with a few philosopher names and such just to impress? Well thats just sad. See unlike you I don't pretend to know things I don't. Theres no need for that. And on that note since I see you gleaned your knowledge of c++ from google I'll post one of my early programs. Because I unlike you don't have to stoop so low as to pretend I know something about a subject I have no clue about.

/*
file name: salaried.h
*/

#ifndef SALAARIED_H
#define SALARIED_H

#include "employee.h"

/*
Class: SalariedEmployee
This class represents a salaried employee. duh.
*/

Class SalariedEmployee : public Employee
{
public:
SalariedEmployee();
SalariedEmployee(int theID, char theGender, int birthDate, int birthMonth, int birthYear, string first, string last, double theSalary);
void setWeeklySalary(double the Salary);
double getWeeklySalary() const;
double pay() const;
void display() const;
private:
double weeklySalary;
};
#endif

as you can see this is just one part of a detailed program. Well now that I know that you are one of those google babies I won't bother to respond to you anymore. Ignore is such a lovely feature on this site. I should have used it long ago in your case. Taa

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:08 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: I hope you're joking.

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:14 PM
i doubt Serena gives a fuck what you think honey :):wavey:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:15 PM
:eek: Are you comparing visual basic with c++? :lol:

Did you even read what I wrote? I said visual basic does not use as much math as c++. It doesn't. Its an object oriented language. Do you know what that is? Have you used c++ or visual basic?

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:20 PM
but anyway

#1 :haha: at Serena being scared of her ass! this is pure comedy
#2: :haha: Justine vs Serena on hardcourt in 2003. i want it!
#3 Justines rank right now...and to get to #1, can u say Serena and Kim :o

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:20 PM
You know what smart ass? Why don't you post your programs and I will post mine. Kay? Also I didn't say that visual basic needed no math I said it HARDLY needed the math you use in c++. Of course you often put words in peoples mouth. Also I didn't pay anything for my software because I use the lab at school to write my programs.

And for the record why don't you tell me what an array is? what about constants? variable types? operators? structures? templates?

Also no I dont do it for fun. ITS CALLED A CLASS. Do you know about those? Have you heard of those or are you ignorant.

And I'm still notice that you didn't answer the question ANYWHERE in your previous posts.

no probs.

an array is a data structure where each element referred by an index number. Arrays are normally pointers to memory location and are passed by value, they can be one or multi-dimensional, depending on the language.

what else? constant, that's information that doesn't change, they have a fixed value througout the program/module/function they are used.

variable type, depend on the language and the processor, there are primitive types such as integer, double, single, string, char, boolean (or binary), long integer, unsigned integer. There could be others depending on context for example, you can define a variable as database type or recordset type within ADO.

operators? logical operators: = (or == in C++), != (some times <>), >, >=, <, <=, & (or &&, or and), | (or || or or), ! (or not).

arithmetic operators: +, -, /, %, ^, *,

structures, that's a wide term, it can apply to many things but normally is referred to control structures, like if conditions, or loops (for, while), there are normal 3 types, alternate, sequential and loops and you can fix any program in those types.

templates, well, that's very tool specific, a template basically gives you a framework, certain parts already defined, you don't always have them.

a class? well, it's a representation of an abstract data type, they are used to encapsulate properties and methods, not available in all languages though.

interesting, people that haven't heard of classes are ignorant, it's that a commodity word for you? you seem to use it for everything.

And how more childy can you get? you want to post source code here? I am sure most people (ignorants for you because they won't know what a class it) will find it very interesting, plus, I am not giving away source code.

Java is not more difficult than C++, is largely based on it and it's really not that hard since most of the coding involves just calling classes, nearly everything is already done you only have to browse through Sun's humongous class library, but you need to know what you are looking for.

and for the record, C++ compilers are free, you can get them from Borland or Microsoft and probably other places, they are command line compilers though.

Petersmiler
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Isn't this getting a bit silly? I hardly think learning a computer language of any description actually PROVES intelligence!

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:28 PM
I think threads like this could be an object lesson in how the actual content of an argument becomes less important than the process of arguing in itself. The very act of disputing becomes a carthartic experience and the actual issues themselves, tired and rehashed to the point of tedium, are thrown by the wayside. It IS a mystery why fans of the top players can't let them get on with the job of fighting each other on the court without trying to play it out in an electronic arena, but at the same time it is one of the most enduring and recurring characteristics of WTAWorld, the very lifeblood of this board.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:28 PM
but anyway

#1 :haha: at Serena being scared of her ass! this is pure comedy
#2: :haha: Justine vs Serena on hardcourt in 2003. i want it!
#3 Justines rank right now...and to get to #1, can u say Serena and Kim :o

it would have been a great show down. Too bad serena had to withdraw. However the us open is not that far away.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:38 PM

lol... I dropped out of computers and could tell you what all of those mean ;)

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:40 PM
it would have been a great show down. Too bad serena had to withdraw. However the us open is not that far away.

right, right

but Henin has to make it to the semis (Serena too of course ;))

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:43 PM
lol... I dropped out of computers and could tell you what all of those mean ;)

well you do come across as a drop out so I'm not surprised.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:44 PM
right, right

but Henin has to make it to the semis (Serena too of course ;))

I think they both have an excellent shot at the semis. Well justine has a great shot at the quarters but it may be the end of the line for her there.

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Those who are about to trash-talk, we salute you!

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:54 PM
I think they both have an excellent shot at the semis. Well justine has a great shot at the quarters but it may be the end of the line for her there.

i dont mean to make this come out as a hateration comment but ppl will take it that way anyway.....

Henin on HC is not as effective as other surfaces. there are many ppl who can beat her on HC (as Irvin showed last year :tape: )

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:10 PM
"Hateration"? - I like it SJW, I like it.

Actually, that doesn't come across as hateration because it's phrased as a logical statement, not as a gloat over another player's deficiencies. It's not what you say after all, it's how you say it.

I would agree that hardcourt has not been Henin's friend for quite some time (losing 0 and 2 to Capriati in Montreal after winning the first set - painful!) but then someone like Irvin would always be a dangerous player, isn't she a rather big server if I remember correctly?

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:17 PM
3/4 of Marissa's points have come from beating Henin last year.....and shes about to lose them so shes gonna fall hard in the rankings :tape:

i love Marissa, shes one of my "lower ranked talent-there-but-not-quite-there" girls. she has a lovely game. i will never forget the match vs Martina at the USO last year (she didnt win but she put in one hell of a performance so im clinging to it)

she IS someone u dont want to meet on HC. shes not gonna be the upset queen but if ur slightly off, and she has found her belief which has been non-existent for some time now, then she will give u fits.

but talking about Henin on HC last year seems somewhat pointless....she has since moved to Saddlebrook and won Dubai. we shall see what damage she does on the draw this week

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Irving is so inconsistant though, she can beat the top players, but loose to Mirjana Lucic.

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:22 PM
i think u mean Irvin :p
was Irving Alex's daddy or was it Erving?? :confused:

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Lol!

Martian KC
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Good luck on your quest, Justine~!:D Take that number one title!

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Isn't this getting a bit silly? I hardly think learning a computer language of any description actually PROVES intelligence!

you are right but Cybelle called me ignorant (not knowing the meaning of that word), so I dared her to discuss several topics to see her cultural level and I just mentioned programming languages, she took probably a course at college and thinks she is an expert, so, she asked a few questions (taken from a book probably, interesting she didn't ask about actual programming, just definitions), and I answered her.

Nemesis
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:00 PM
SJW - For our information: Justine stepped on her fingers at 1-0 in her match against Irvin and lost the 5 following games by it. She pulled out of the next two tournaments because of it and then was beaten by Jenny in Toronto and Anastasia and New Haven.

So Marissa didn't prove that Justine is easy to beat on hardcourt :rolleyes: It is rather Justine that has something against her fingers.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:06 PM
Marissa is a nice girl and a good player but she is hardly a threat to anyone in the top ten let alone the top five.

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:12 PM
SJW - For our information: Justine stepped on her fingers at 1-0 in her match against Irvin and lost the 5 following games by it. She pulled out of the next two tournaments because of it and then was beaten by Jenny in Toronto and Anastasia and New Haven.

So Marissa didn't prove that Justine is easy to beat on hardcourt :rolleyes: It is rather Justine that has something against her fingers.

What that story does prove is that Henin is amazingly clumsy, though. Honestly, how on earth can someone step on their fingers? And to think she had to withdraw from tournaments because of that one mistake...

DA FOREHAND
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:13 PM
LOL at justine becoming number one.

Gotta hand it to her for having long...very long-term goals.

Nemesis
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:17 PM
What that story does prove is that Henin is amazingly clumsy, though. Honestly, how on earth can someone step on their fingers? And to think she had to withdraw from tournaments because of that one mistake...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What did Serena do to have to withdraw from Stanford and San Diego? Justine stepped on it when she streched for a backhand to hit the ball back. It doesn't mean she is that clumpsy. All players with injuries are clumsy then :rolleyes:

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Da Forehand, you're being rather dismissive and arrogant about someone's chances... can you imagine Roger Federer's ambitions of getting to no. 1 being a long-term goal? Henin is in a roughly equivalent position, I certainly don't think it's beyond her to get to the top within the space of a couple of years.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Da Forehand, you're being rather dismissive and arrogant about someone's chances... can you imagine Roger Federer's ambitions of getting to no. 1 being a long-term goal? Henin is in a roughly equivalent position, I certainly don't think it's beyond her to get to the top within the space of a couple of years.

um roger is definitely in a tougher spot than henin. He has maybe five times as many players capable of upsetting him on any given day. Justine does not.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Sorry that doesn't quite compute. Federer has always been hailed as an all surface player, can't say the same thing about justine.

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:21 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What did Serena do to have to withdraw from Stanford and San Diego? Justine stepped on it when she streched for a backhand to hit the ball back. It doesn't mean she is that clumpsy. All players with injuries are clumpsy then :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I wasn't specifically attacking her. I did find it hard to imagine how someone could sustain that kind of injury, but now that you describe it it sounds a little more plausible. To be honest, I always find odd-sounding injuries amusing no matter who the player is. It's like what happened a few years ago, when Kafelnikov claimed that he had to miss the start of the tennis season because a firework exploded in his face. It just sounds too surreal to be true.

alfajeffster
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:22 PM
I think anyone with that great a one-handed backhand and that much fight has a good chance at getting to the top. She reminds me of Billie Jean King in so many ways, it's a shame she's playing in the sport today, and not when all the things she's good at mattered and produced results.

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Cybelle: Federer is very close to gaining the no. 1 spot right now. If his chances are tougher than Henin's, then surely Da Forehand shouldn't pour scorn on the likelihood of Henin getting to no. 1?

Da Forehand: they're both no. 3 in the world, they've both won their first Slam this year, they're both historically weaker on the American hardcourts than on any other surface (both have never made it past the fourth round at the US Open, and Federer has never won a match at the summer TMS events). I would say they both have the ability to be all-surface players, but hardcourt is going to be their toughest challenge.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:25 PM
How about Anna falling and holding onto her racquet thus injurring her hand. I'm sure there's a dumb blonde joke in there somewhere.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:26 PM
well they are both number three but roger has much more competition to contend with on the atp. I think his task of reaching number one is definitely harder than hers.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:29 PM
And people attack me for expressing an opinion? I swear I am a saint compared to most people on this board. :rolleyes:

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Yes, but in all fairness I've only just discovered the idiocy of tennisfun (my oh my, what an ironic username) when he responded to one of my posts yesterday with a wonderfully witty insult. I wish I could quote it, but it was FAR too intelligent to reproduce here.

I agree that Federer has a lot more competition, but with the ranking situation as confused as it is at the moment in the men's, if he has a good tournament next week in Montreal he'll most likely reach no. 1.

The Crow
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Again: Why is it wrong for the number 3 player in the rankings to have the ambition to be number 1?? That doesn't mean she will do it, it just means that she wants to do it.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Again: Why is it wrong for the number 3 player in the rankings to have the ambition to be number 1?? That doesn't mean she will do it, it just means that she wants to do it.

I think its great to have ambition for number one. I think every player no matter their ranking should have a goal like that. Notice in the alexa stevenson thread people are bashing her for the same goal henin has.

I think the problem here is what justine said in regards to what serena feels and thinks. Justine unless she has become some kind of mutant alien telepathic empath has no idea what serena thinks or feels.

shap_half
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:39 PM
The enfant terrible sure has a big mouth doesn't she? She must be psychic to know what serena thinks and feels. Its so funny that serena never presumes to know what justine feels or knows. Maybe shes trying some media gamesmanship to get to serena, a sort of media "hand" act.

Yes when Justine starts to believe in herself and her chances to be number 1, everyone chooses to attack her. How many times have Serena said that the only person to defeat her is herself. How many times have Venus said after winning a tournament that she can doo sooo much better. You know what everyone needs to believe in herself in order to achieve their goals.

Yes let's have all the hypocrites roll in, so somehow Justine is not allowed to make assumptions about other people. That's all everyone else do in this message board. You all assume that Justine wouldn't have won the French Open if had owned up to having her hand up; You all assume that Justine put her hand up so that she can cheat her way into winning the tournament. You all assume that Serena didn't see the ball hit the line at Wimbledon semis against Justine. But when it's Justine doing the assuming against Serena, she's a horrible "enfant terrible" and has a "big mouth" or that "she must be psychic". STFU!!!!

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:42 PM
I think Henin's problem is that she's become too sensitive about the whole RG controversy and let it affect her too much; she mistakenly thinks that Serena's still dwelling on it and still holds resentment towards her, whereas the reality is that Serena has got over it quickly and gone back to beating up the opposition routinely, as proved by the Wimbledon semi. Mind you, if she went down the Clijsters route and was the model of politeness and grace about all her opponents, she might end up with as much success in the Slams as her compatriot. It's a tough balancing act.

sartrista7
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Isn't this getting a bit silly?

Silly? GM? Never!

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Everyone in the top 5 want's to be #1. I don't see anything wrong with stating that, however when you start to analyze what someone thinks then that's a problem. Oh Serena knows I can beat her, what the fuck? Did you have a conversation with her? Oh, she doesn't like that I can beat her. WTF?

Serena is supposed to be scared of her in Justine's mind. LOL. Well, Wimbeldon I guess Serena was shaking in her boots. Justine has made it personal IMO, at first lying about the whole hand incident and now the bullshit that is coming from her mouth.

She is full of herself, and has picked up a nasty mouth from her classless coach. Who has no class and flips off people. This seems to be her mentor, and she can trash talk all she wants but the reality is that someone will get her. Now whether it be Serena or not is the question. Kim, Jen, Lindsay,Venus or somebody will get her and she will shut up her trap about people she don't even know.

If Serena said shit like this it will be all over ESPN, Belgian Newspapers, ESPN2, ABC, MTV, CBS etc. But again this will go unnoticed. :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Yes let's have all the hypocrites roll in, so somehow Justine is not allowed to make assumptions about other people. That's all everyone else do in this message board. You all assume that Justine wouldn't have won the French Open if had owned up to having her hand up; You all assume that Justine put her hand up so that she can cheat her way into winning the tournament. You all assume that Serena didn't see the ball hit the line at Wimbledon semis against Justine. But when it's Justine doing the assuming against Serena, she's a horrible "enfant terrible" and has a "big mouth" or that "she must be psychic". STFU!!!!

And you are comparing this to him calling justine a "fucking slut of the wta world"?

First of all I am not "you all". and for the record I have no issue with her putting her hand up it was the lack of acknowledgement when the umpire asked her if she had her hand up. I also think its funny how you compare what fans do with what justine does and not what with serena does. That makes no sense.

anyway, if that is your reasoning then I have nothing else to say to you.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:48 PM
I think Henin's problem is that she's become too sensitive about the whole RG controversy and let it affect her too much; she mistakenly thinks that Serena's still dwelling on it and still holds resentment towards her, whereas the reality is that Serena has got over it quickly and gone back to beating up the opposition routinely, as proved by the Wimbledon semi. Mind you, if she went down the Clijsters route and was the model of politeness and grace about all her opponents, she might end up with as much success in the Slams as her compatriot. It's a tough balancing act.

This is probably the best explaination I have seen on this subject.

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:49 PM
I think Henin's problem is that she's become too sensitive about the whole RG controversy and let it affect her too much; she mistakenly thinks that Serena's still dwelling on it and still holds resentment towards her, whereas the reality is that Serena has got over it quickly and gone back to beating up the opposition routinely, as proved by the Wimbledon semi.

I agree with this statement.

Mind you, if she went down the Clijsters route and was the model of politeness and grace about all her opponents, she might end up with as much success in the Slams as her compatriot. It's a tough balancing act.

Clijsters has class, and I feel she will win a slam. But I think you can be confident without be nasty. JMO. It's alright to say you want to be #1, or that you the best, but when you start bashing someone you are pathetic as Justine is IMO.

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Everyone in the top 5 want's to be #1. I don't see anything wrong with stating that, however when you start to analyze what someone thinks then that's a problem. Oh Serena knows I can beat her, what the fuck? Did you have a conversation with her? Oh, she doesn't like that I can beat her. WTF?

Serena is supposed to be scared of her in Justine's mind. LOL. Well, Wimbeldon I guess Serena was shaking in her boots. Justine has made it personal IMO, at first lying about the whole hand incident and now the bullshit that is coming from her mouth.

She is full of herself, and has picked up a nasty mouth from her classless coach. Who has no class and flips off people. This seems to be her mentor, and she can trash talk all she wants but the reality is that someone will get her. Now whether it be Serena or not is the question. Kim, Jen, Lindsay,Venus or somebody will get her and she will shut up her trap about people she don't even know.

If Serena said shit like this it will be all over ESPN, Belgian Newspapers, ESPN2, ABC, MTV, CBS etc. But again this will go unnoticed. :rolleyes:

Keep a sense of proportion. I don't think there's anything wrong with Henin letting Serena know that she's out there and that she's a challenge; when you're the only player to beat her in a Grand Slam for nearly two years, it's worth trading off that. I agree that she shouldn't overdo it and try to create a grudge where it isn't needed, but all this vicious personal abuse directed at her is entirely unnecessary. You speak as though she is constantly putting down opponents and trumpeting her own superiority, which is patently not the case. She has self-belief, a vital ingredient for any Top 5 player.

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Again, I don't think Henin is being inherently nasty. The hand incident at RG is talked about as though it is something that will define her career, as though she can only win through cheating or by being ruthless and unprincipled and not showing proper sportsmanship. I don't think that is the case. She is certainly a tough character, I think that's partly the result of her upbringing and the family tragedy she's had to cope with, but it's just wrong to try and paint her as the "enfant terrible" of the WTA.

shap_half
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:59 PM
As far as the #1 rankings goes, she has more than Serena to contend with. I guess she is just disregarding Kim Clijsters. Clijsters is far ahead of Henin in the rankings. Also, Henin hasn't shown ability to beat Venus with any consistency, and Davenport leads 5-1 in their H2H and is very strong on harcourts. The uphill battle will be extremely tough.

uphill?!!? She's about 1200 pts. above Lindsay and as long as Venus is #4 and Justine is #3 I don't see them playing another for a while. And considering that she must improve and taking strides to do so, the uphill battle won't be so uphill for long...

shap_half
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:03 PM
And you are comparing this to him calling justine a "fucking slut of the wta world"?

First of all I am not "you all". and for the record I have no issue with her putting her hand up it was the lack of acknowledgement when the umpire asked her if she had her hand up. I also think its funny how you compare what fans do with what justine does and not what with serena does. That makes no sense.

anyway, if that is your reasoning then I have nothing else to say to you.

first i'm not comparing anything to anything else....if you read what i wrote and which quoted then you would understand, reading comprehension is essential, you know?

First of all you are assuming that the umpire asked her. Were you there? Did you speak to the umpire? Did you hear the umpire actually ask Justine?

And what's so funny with comparing Justine to poasters? Aren't both human beings? Aren't both succeptible to speakin what is on their minds?

shap_half
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:04 PM

Of course, another assumption...:rolleyes:

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:06 PM
While I don't want to sound like a half-hearted apologist, I'll agree that a lot of the blame for that RG incident lies with Dias, the chair umpire. I'm not suggesting the guy's a liability or anything, but he has a history of making bad overrules in important matches and the same trend occurred there. Not only did he fail to control the vocal crowd and not give them a warning for their behaviour, but when Serena asked for the first serve again he looked over vaguely in Henin's direction, no more than a casual glance, without actually asking her whether she'd had her hand up. He was befuddled, incompetent and unable to take charge of the situation.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:20 PM
first i'm not comparing anything to anything else....if you read what i wrote and which quoted then you would understand, reading comprehension is essential, you know?

First of all you are assuming that the umpire asked her. Were you there? Did you speak to the umpire? Did you hear the umpire actually ask Justine?

And what's so funny with comparing Justine to poasters? Aren't both human beings? Aren't both succeptible to speakin what is on their minds?

Well I guess everyone from commentators to players to analysts who think the same thing are just wrong as well right? You can try to spin this any way you want but is on tape. You can clearly see the chair asking her if she had her hand up. I guess you had your eyes closed.

Whats wrong with comparing justine with fans? Well with one the fans are not world class atheletes playing an international competive sport. The fans are not in the same position as justine but other players are. Specifically her peers which are other elite players. Funny I can't remember the last time a top player was involved in a controversy of this nature.

Yes when Justine starts to believe in herself and her chances to be number 1, everyone chooses to attack her.

I am not nor have I ever attacked her for believing in herself.
You are just wrong. You seem to be wrong quite often.

How many times have Serena said that the only person to defeat her is herself. How many times have Venus said after winning a tournament that she can doo sooo much better. You know what everyone needs to believe in herself in order to achieve their goals.

Once again I have never questioned this so what in the hell
are you talking about? You are not making sense.

Yes let's have all the hypocrites roll in, so somehow Justine is not allowed to make assumptions about other people. That's all everyone else do in this message board.

Here you go comparing the words of justine that were directed
at serena to some fans on a messageboard. what did serena
say to warrant this? has serena assume things about justine?
IF she has maybe you should enlighten me and post it.

You all assume that Justine wouldn't have won the French Open if had owned up to having her hand up; You all assume that Justine put her hand up so that she can cheat her way into winning the tournament.

Now you're just devolving into idiocy with all this you all
blather becasue I dont assume any of those things. So once
again you're wrong.

Hendouble
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:24 PM
I see...

harloo
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Keep a sense of proportion. I don't think there's anything wrong with Henin letting Serena know that she's out there and that she's a challenge; when you're the only player to beat her in a Grand Slam for nearly two years, it's worth trading off that. I agree that she shouldn't overdo it and try to create a grudge where it isn't needed, but all this vicious personal abuse directed at her is entirely unnecessary. You speak as though she is constantly putting down opponents and trumpeting her own superiority, which is patently not the case. She has self-belief, a vital ingredient for any Top 5 player.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you on the confidence factor but it seems the only player she attacks verbally is Serena. Now after the whole RG debacle I thought all was well. And yes, she is NASTY. But also I think she is bitter because she feels that her RG victory will be remembered for what happened in the semis.

But must she continue on with this Serena this, Serena that campaign? IMO, it shows her lack of character. And maybe she just does not have manners since her coach is her main influence. I just don't agree with the extra comments about what Serena thinks, and all that nonsense. :rolleyes:

ans
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Yes when Justine starts to believe in herself and her chances to be number 1, everyone chooses to attack her. How many times have Serena said that the only person to defeat her is herself. How many times have Venus said after winning a tournament that she can doo sooo much better. You know what everyone needs to believe in herself in order to achieve their goals.

That's well said.
Cybelle and friends, is there actually ANYTHING that has to do with kim or justine that you don't pick on? You're all getting so predictable. These players are human too, you know. Are do you want them all to act like robots? Justine seems to be cheater, a bitch or whatever...and even Kim...the nicest person on the whole tour is constantely being bashed. She's even being bashed for being too nice...can you imagine? You're all thinking so black-and-white:

- Kim and/or Justine --> bad
- Serena and venus --> good

Well, you know, maybe you should think a litlle more "pink", or "yellow" or whatever, there are so many ways to be nice to other people without really really love them. Amen.
Just a thought.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:43 PM
- Kim and/or Justine --> good
- Serena and venus --> bad

I guess when you all do it its perfectly fine.. and for the record once again I have no problem with kim so why do you keep insising I do? Do you want me to have a problem with her? is that what "you all" are trying to do?.

shap_half
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:45 PM

I guess when you all do it its perfectly fine.. and for the record once again I have no problem with kim so why do you keep insising I do? Do you want me to have a problem with her? is that what "you all" are trying to do?.

ans never said anything about venus or serena except that that's how most williams fans look at the situation...i particularly like venus. i think she's got great legs and she puts them to work and i wouldn't mind seeing her win wimbledon for the third time.

justine&coria
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Some people here think that clay shouldn't be a surface to play on. Why ? (Maybe because it's where Justine is at her best)
What I have to say is that there is far more tournaments on hard than on clay (and for sure grass). I think it shold be more equalized (don't know how to say it well). But, still Justine managed to be number 3.

Justine's record against Serena on hardcourt, are for some people the worst a player have against Serena. Is it 3-0 or 4-0 ? It's not that very bad. For sure, it's not good + Justine wasn't in the same state of mind she's now. Someone was saying her record against Lindsay is 5-1, but she won the last matches. When the Williams started their carreer, theyprobably had a similar record against Martina and Davenport.
Concerning that loss against Chanda Rubin, Justine definitely wasn't playing her best tennis , and Chanda is not ranked 200. She's #8. Clijsters and Venus lost to less-ranked than Chanda. (= Ai and Shaughnessy)

Besides, when you talk about number 1, you usually talk about Serena, though Clijsters can be the next.
And Justine can say whatever she want : I didn't find anything rude in her interview. It's far from what the Williams themselves said.
And Justine, as everyone is human, and she have some feelings : haven't you never felt to know what someone must be thinking (when you see his face, his way of talking etc). THough you can think it's a wrong interpretation, this is Justine' interpretation, and i kinda agree with. You'll never see in an article : " Serena doesn't like to lose against Justine cause Justine's small"

ans
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:08 PM

no, I'm not a kid anymore, you know. And you don't have to rolleyes at me. Just do me a favour. Try to read this board in a very very unbiased way, maybe even through the eyes of a kim/justine-fan. And then you MIGHT notice that the comments on venus and serena are not that fierce and not that many as those on kim and justine.
I love Kim and I like justine but hey, I respect venus and serena. That's weird, huh? That might not even be possible on this board: respecting your faves opponents.
(I think I missed a carreer as a preacher)

vaiva
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Some people here, especially Rebecca, think that clay shouldn't be a surface to play on. Why ? (Maybe because it's where Justine is at her best)

how true. Rebecca just hates clay and Justine :lol:

And Justine, as everyone is human, and she have some feelings :

She is? Omg, haven't noticed it yet :eek:

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:49 PM

fuck sake just let us Marissa fans have our moment of glory :rolleyes: stop tarnishing everything :rolleyes:

and Justine only beat Serena at RG because......uhhh........well.......Serena was on her period :tape:

jenny161185
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:51 PM
what does everyone want henin to say my goal was to get to number 3 in the world im fine here(ssure it'll be tough with venus,serena and kim?) its every tennis fans dream to be number so well done Justine - aim for the skies - and people in here laughing at her wanting to be number one is hilarious - shes only 2 spots away from number 1 and shes a grand slam champion.

Nemesis
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:53 PM
fuck sake just let us Marissa fans have our moment of glory :rolleyes: stop tarnishing everything :rolleyes:

and Justine only beat Serena at RG because......uhhh........well.......Serena was on her period :tape:

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Some people here, especially Rebecca, think that clay shouldn't be a surface to play on. Why ? (Maybe because it's where Justine is at her best)

W...T...F?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?

Have you ever read a single post by me before this thread?!

Here are a few of my male favourites: Ferrero, Coria, Nalbandian, Gaudio, Corretja, Nadal.... yeah I fucking HATE clay. CLAY NEEDS TO BE REMOVED AS A SURFACE.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:14 PM
I should also add that yes, I ESPECIALLY hate Justine. Almost as much as I hate clay.

Grass for life!

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:15 PM

dont do that Rebecca doesnt like smilie-only replies ;)

ps im not joking, Serena told me so :rolleyes:

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:16 PM
This thread hasn't died yet?....... :rolleyes:

And funny that Becksx doesn't like the dirty dirt....

Annarocks
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:16 PM
First of all I want to say that I think DA FOREHAND IS THE BIGGEST IGNORANT IN THIS WHOLE BOARD!! BUT BECAUSE SHE'S A WILLIAMS FAN, NO ONE WILL CONFRONT HER OR HIM, BUT F-THAT...I DON'T CARE...I JUST WANT TO TELL THIS PERSON HOW CLASSLESS U ARE!!!

Second of all- I just want to say that Justine has as much a chance as Serena and Kim do at winning the US Open....yes, on a hardcourt.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Someone put this thread out of its misery.

Rocketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Second of all- I just want to say that Justine has as much a chance as Serena and Kim do at winning the US Open....yes, on a hardcourt.

eh, ok! :haha:

justine&coria
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:12 PM
Lucky for Justine that one of the 4 biggest tournaments in the world, and the one that she holds dearest, is played on clay. :wavey:

Rebecca, here's one of your post that made me felt that you didn't like clay.
Maybe, I misunderstood you.
But, there are many others who think that clay isn't a surface to play on. I didn't remember them, and as I read your post before i wrote my message, I quoted you.

P.S.: I've edited my post and erased your name from there.

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:17 PM

no someone put this fool out of his misery :lol::haha:

in theory....they DO have the same chance. but that means they have the same chance as any one of the 128 players in the draw

in realistic terms.....NO SHE EFFIN HELL DOESNT LMAO!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:24 PM
Ah I can feel the love on this site.

AjdeNate!
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:25 PM
I love you Cybelle :kiss:

Serendy Willick
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Yawn.......................Cant wait and hopes that Serena will continue to beat the tar outta this chick. Heres something for you Justine cracklickers, tell your girl to take a set off of Serena on something other than clay first before shooting her mouth off.

bandabou
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Justine has a good chance of winning the Open?! Uuuhmmm, did Serena, Venus and Kim withdraw from the Open already?! īCause those are at least three players Justine has never beaten on hardcourts......hell, she isnīt even taking sets off them!

Crazy Canuck
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Yawn.......................Cant wait and hopes that Serena will continue to beat the tar outta this chick. Heres something for you Justine cracklickers, tell your girl to take a set off of Serena on something other than clay first before shooting her mouth off.
Next time I'm licking Justine's crack, I will be sure to pass your words of wisdom along.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Rebecca, here's one of your post that made me felt that you didn't like clay.
Maybe, I misunderstood you.
But, there are many others who think that clay isn't a surface to play on. I didn't remember them, and as I read your post before i wrote my message, I quoted you.

P.S.: I've edited my post and erased your name from there.
Oh I'm well informed of the big clay debate... many a time I have attacked mens tennis forums everywhere with my rants on how prejudiced people are ;)

Fyndh0rnElf
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:22 AM
True justine is giving serena a challenge....on clay. Can she beat her on any other surface? Serena has beaten Justine on clay so we know she can beat her on any surface. What about justine?

Go Glamazon take her out the enfant terrible in san diego! that is if you dont pull out. :p

Why do u keep saying "Henin only beats Serena on clay", u might as well say Serena only beats Henin on Hardcourts.

It sounds like clay is some sort of inferior srface that doesn't count. Well clay happens to be the surface where the true skills of a player and his\her intelligence make da difference, contrarily to hardcourts which bring out the power no brain game. For the record, hardcourt was created because the american public wanted faster matches, not because it brought out the best of tennis.

Rocketta
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Why do u keep saying "Henin only beats Serena on clay", u might as well say Serena only beats Henin on Hardcourts.

ah Serena beats her on grass as well or was that surface made for the American public too? ;)

Vegetable
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Jesus, this thread is both hilarious and sad :lol: Some of the comments are, anyway

The whole "take a set off of Serena on something other than clay, bitch!" is especially amusing :haha:

Fyndh0rnElf
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:41 AM
ah Serena beats her on grass as well or was that surface made for the American public too? ;)

Well of course she does! Serena beats the crap out of juju in any fast surface. Anyway grass is very different from Hardc and requires a lot of technique. It's also a short season thats y i didnt mention it...

SJW
Jul 30th, 2003, 10:36 AM

baby you forget carpet :tape:;)

SJW
Jul 30th, 2003, 10:37 AM
actually she also beat her at Rome last year so this argument is void :tape:

I_See_The_Light
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:03 PM
We will NEVER LIKE JUSTINE!!!!

I SAY NEVER!!!!

Justine Henin no.1 = most number of defeats for a number one player in history!!!

4 SURE!!!

GET LOST HENIN U WILL NEVA BE NO. 1!!!!

Astro Jetson
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:07 PM
GET LOST HENIN U WILL NEVA BE NO. 1!!!!

There is a B scary movie called "The Blob" and it's about a gigantic dangerous slime. You remind me of it. Any chance you played it? :devil:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:19 PM
actually she also beat her at Rome last year so this argument is void :tape:

exactly what the heck was that guys point? Serena has wins over justine on hardcourts, clay, grass, rebound ace i'm not sure about.
However, justine only has wins over serena on clay.

Annarocks
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:23 PM
LMAO, Deuce!!!!! Thanks

Annarocks
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Henin is still a chick ok, she has not been at full flight when playing Serena on a hardcourt...now she is full of confident and playing better than ever...so...we'll see.

fleemkeģ
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Can nobody 'see' that Justine has improved a lot this year? Mental and physically?
She has become better and that will be showed in her matches soon! If she improved enough to beat Serena well we'll soon find out IF Serena plays of course . . .

Do you guys really aspect that Justine is going to step on the court saying "well I can't beat Serena but hey I'll give my best" ????? If you don't believe in yourself you aren't a good pro!

Common Justin kick some asses :)

rottweily
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Can nobody 'see' that Justine has improved a lot this year? Mental and physically?
She has become better and that will be showed in her matches soon! If she improved enough to beat Serena well we'll soon find out IF Serena plays of course . . .

Do you guys really aspect that Justine is going to step on the court saying "well I can't beat Serena but hey I'll give my best" ????? If you don't believe in yourself you aren't a good pro!

Common Justin kick some asses :)

She is the only one who believes in beating Serena, the other players should take her as an example on the mental point of view.

Mr. Man
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:40 PM
She has become better and that will be showed in her matches soon! If she improved enough to beat Serena well we'll soon find out IF Serena plays of course . .
I see it. The only way we'll find out if Serena's damn tendinitis goes the hell away. Untill then we don't have a Serena v. Justine match. damn.
:mad: :p

justine&coria
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:36 PM
She is the only one who believes in beating Serena, the other players should take her as an example on the mental point of view.

I totally agree with you : she's among the ones who believe they can beat Serena, and I know she can.
I remember that after her loss at Wimbledon against Serena, Mauresmo said her best she was aiming was to be number 3 (after Serena and Venus).
What i like with the "new" Justine is that after a bad loss, she still believes she can beat Serena even on hardcourts. Capriati, Davenport should take her as example.
I'm sure Justine will go far this year on hardcourts, and show that statistics doesn't prove anything.

katrientje
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Just a question, I hope one the ranking specialists read it. How much closer can Justine come to Kim if she wins the Toronto-title? (hope I am not jinxing her :tape: )

JonBcn
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:03 PM
She'll be about 700 points away. If she were to win the US and Kim lose early (unlikely) she could be #1. More likely scenario is that she could pull herself to within a couple of hundred points by beating Kim in the final. Should make for an interesting rest of the year, especially if serena can get back on court soon.

bandabou
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:06 PM
justine can have all the believe, but she will never beat Serena on hardcourts! Beating Kim on hardcourts is other than beating Serena on hardcourts!

katrientje
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:07 PM
She'll be about 700 points away. If she were to win the US and Kim lose early (unlikely) she could be #1. More likely scenario is that she could pull herself to within a couple of hundred points by beating Kim in the final. Should make for an interesting rest of the year, especially if serena can get back on court soon.

Thank you!
It will indeed be an exciting end of the year. Hopefully Serena will be back as soon as possible, it will get very interesting.

Instant
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:08 PM
justine can have all the believe, but she will never beat Serena on hardcourts! Beating Kim on hardcourts is other than beating Serena on hardcourts!

No such thing as "Never" in a Tennis match

katrientje
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:09 PM

I repped you accidently, was going to rep JonBcn
I hope you don't mind ;)

JonBcn
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Just had a proper look: after the US Open, Kim has to defend 1645 points until the end of the year (including 750 from the tour championships). Justine has 751 in total.

Looks like the year end Number One could be decided by the WTA Championships, which would be pretty cool.

Astro Jetson
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Just a question, I hope one the ranking specialists read it. How much closer can Justine come to Kim if she wins the Toronto-title? (hope I am not jinxing her :tape: )

Of all the threads, you decided to bump this one *sigh* ;)

And yes, there is a danger of jinxing her *sigh* ;)