PDA

View Full Version : Is Serena avoiding Kim?

selesrules
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:17 PM
So I hear that Serena keeps pulling out of tournaments.

It's as if she knows that Kim is going to dethrone her from no.1, but she doesn't want Kim to "beat" her, that way everyone can say "Kim didn't earn it". :rolleyes:

Kim IS the next queen. Serena can feel it and she's terrified.

Jordan.
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Oh, ok.

Jeff
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:22 PM
yeah that's it...:rolleyes: :lol:

-Sonic-
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:28 PM
I don't think Serena's that petty.

darrinbaker00
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:31 PM

It's as if she knows that Kim is going to dethrone her from no.1, but she doesn't want Kim to "beat" her, that way everyone can say "Kim didn't earn it". :rolleyes:

You know, you're absolutely right! Whenever Serena so much as hears Kim's name, she starts shaking in her Pumas! The fact that Serena has beaten Kim eight times in nine meetings is COMPLETELY irrelevant! :rolleyes:

PUHLEEZE!! The only thing Kim is queen of is her relationship with her boyfriend. Llittle Lleyton is Whipped with a capital W. ;)

Bezz
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:36 PM
I actually was thinkin along those lines aswell. We all know what happened to Hingis when she hadn't won a slam in afew years and was no.1, the press never shut up about it. Now clijsters hasnt even won a slam. if she gets to no.1 yu know serena, venus, kim and everybody on the tour will be asked questions about the rankings. I think serena wants kim to be no.1 for a bit and then beat her at the open or so that the constant questioning by the press will get to her. I reckon she could be that petty, i put money on that serena will mention the amount of tournies kim plays when asked about the rankings, just to try and de-value her claim to the no.1 ranking.

*JR*
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Furthermore, Kim wouldn't even be "the real #1" in Belgium! :eek:

darrinbaker00
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:51 PM
I actually was thinkin along those lines aswell. We all know what happened to Hingis when she hadn't won a slam in afew years and was no.1, the press never shut up about it. Now clijsters hasnt even won a slam. if she gets to no.1 yu know serena, venus, kim and everybody on the tour will be asked questions about the rankings. I think serena wants kim to be no.1 for a bit and then beat her at the open or so that the constant questioning by the press will get to her. I reckon she could be that petty, i put money on that serena will mention the amount of tournies kim plays when asked about the rankings, just to try and de-value her claim to the no.1 ranking.

Serena wouldn't have to devalue Kim's POSSIBLE #1 ranking (she ain't there yet, folks). Kim would do that herself by not winning a Slam or beating Serena this year. Besides, like JollyRoger said, Kim isn't even the best player in her own country, let alone the world. ;)

Volcana
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:53 PM

Oh ABSOLUTELY. That makes TOTAL sense. What insight!

In fact, I understand that the ENTIRE TOUR is thinking of resigning, terrified of the unstoppable offensive force that is Kim Clijsters!

All Hail the once, the future, the ONLY player inthe WTA!

KIM CLIJSTERS!!!!!!

AmErIcAn
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:55 PM
yeah ur right selesrules i mean serena shes scared of kim isnt she. shes scared of jen too isnt she and Anna well shes petrified of her.

Shes injured.

tenn_ace
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:01 AM

sorry, but your arguments are silly... as much as I prefer Kim to Serena, Williams is a clear favourite in every match on every surface these girls play.

tenn_ace
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:03 AM
yeah ur right selesrules i mean serena shes scared of kim isnt she. shes scared of jen too isnt she and Anna well shes petrified of her.

Shes injured.

no need to drag other players into what will most probably turn into another fight between Kim and Serena fans...

bandabou
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:37 AM
Serena Williams vs Kim Clijsters:
Serena WILLIAMS (USA) leads 8 : 1:
1999 US Open Hard (O) 32 Serena WILLIAMS 4-6 6-2 7-5
2000 Indian Wells Hard (O) 16 Serena WILLIAMS 6-4 6-4
2001 Indian Wells Hard (O) FR Serena WILLIAMS 4-6 6-4 6-2
2001 Miami Hard (O) 16 Serena WILLIAMS 6-0 6-2
2002 Tokyo Hard (O) FR Serena WILLIAMS 2-6 6-3 6-3
2002 W.T.A. Tour Championships Hard (I) FR Kim CLIJSTERS 5-7 3-6
2003 Hopman Cup 2003 Hard (I) R1 Serena WILLIAMS 7-5 6-3
2003 Australian Open Hard (O) SF Serena WILLIAMS 4-6 6-3 7-5

2003 Miami Hard (O) SF Serena WILLIAMS 6-4 6-2

Well, I think this speaks for itself. One loss in nine matches, doesn´t really give Serena any reason to fear Kim.

Knizzle
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Is selesrules avoiding reality??

selesrules
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:46 AM
You guys could say the same about Venus & Serena. Venus dominated their rivalry early on, but since then, Serena has turned Venus into her personal bitch. She dethroned her and turned around the rivalry. At the AO, Serena FELT that it was a matter of time that Kim would have the upper hand. Sure Kim lost the lead and the match, but she wasn't ready yet, but both Serena and Kim KNOW that the moment will come, and it will be at the US Open. Serena can't avoid Kim forever, she will have to face reality eventually. Serena fans, you'll be bowing to your new queen very soon: KIM CLIJSTERS.

Hulet
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Selesrules is once again winding up Williams fans and it never fails - you guys fall for it. LMAO :lol:

bandabou
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:44 AM
Of course the time will come one day. Nothing lasts forever.....but if Kim´s to beat either sister at the Open, Kim better be ready to play the best match she´s never played!!

Lisbeth
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Wouldn't have thought so (unless you know something we don't)! I think the only thing Serena is frightened of is injury, with good cause.

gopher
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:21 AM
well all these head-to-head stats that is history. Clijsters is the intrinsically superior player. there is probably a point in here.

Rocketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:23 AM
well all these head-to-head stats that is history. Clijsters is the intrinsically superior player. there is probably a point in here.

i wasn't going to post in this thread but this post is just :haha:

WtaTour4Ever
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:24 AM

Thats more like it!! hahaha :lol:

Dawn Marie
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by gopher
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh ok so with Kim the 52 weeks means everything but when it comes to Kim losing to Serena and Venus these past months it means nothing?

Err okay, but the fact is the past 52 weeks Kim has gotten her ass waxes by Venus and beat down by Serena... hell she got waxed by Henin also.

WTF am I doing in this thread?!?

Rocketta
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:55 AM
yeah Dawn, wtf?? :p

Serena y Monica
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:30 AM
SelesRules

I believe you are onto something...oopsie...I meant on something...do you have enough to share?

Fyndh0rnElf
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:33 AM
yeah Dawn, wtf?? :p

Being no1 means that the she is the best! Serena is hte best right now, Hingis was the best(YEH) and Clijsters will be the best.

I could say I am the best player in da world, but since I don't happen to be in da circuit, I can't bitch about not being no 1, can I? The same applies to Serena. Stop bitching around and play if u want to keep the rankin'.

By the way, to all Serena fans that keep mocking at Clijsters because she IS da new no1: Clijsters is the better player. Being a player includes sportmanship, ability and of course results. Serena has intimidation and results...

ps - serena should be grateful and shut up about "how hard it is to keep up with the amount of tournies they play" 'cause clijsters presented her with her serena slam. Yeh, Serena didn't win it, Clijsters lost...

treufreund
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Go Kim!!!

BasicTennis
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:00 AM
If Kim doesn't still take advantage of this opportunity then I would say that Lleyton is really giving her bad luck.:worship:

irma
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:02 AM
no she never made a statement about that :o
neither enters tournaments for lot of money when opponents pull out

Dawn Marie
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:11 AM
Serena plays fewer tourneys and it works she is #1 and WINS slams.

Kim plays MORE tourneys than Serena BUT so far it has not helped her to win the SLAMS.

Hmm I think I like what Serena does for her game and tennis record MORE THAN what Kim is doing for her tennis and slam record.

You dumb people keep stating that SERENA should play more to keep up with Kim( the writing is on the wall) It is infact Kim who HAS to play more to keep up with Serena but the real fact is, it is Kim who should play LESS to WIN MORE SLAMS!

face it Kim is doing a Hingis, playing lots of tennis but not changing her game nor is she having great results when she faces the top and much higher level opponents.

anton
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Why would Serena avoid playing somebody who plays defensive tennis against her and hopes she makes mistakes...

persond
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Being no1 means that the she is the best! Serena is hte best right now, Hingis was the best(YEH) and Clijsters will be the best.

I could say I am the best player in da world, but since I don't happen to be in da circuit, I can't bitch about not being no 1, can I? The same applies to Serena. Stop bitching around and play if u want to keep the rankin'.

By the way, to all Serena fans that keep mocking at Clijsters because she IS da new no1: Clijsters is the better player. Being a player includes sportmanship, ability and of course results. Serena has intimidation and results...

ps - serena should be grateful and shut up about "how hard it is to keep up with the amount of tournies they play" 'cause clijsters presented her with her serena slam. Yeh, Serena didn't win it, Clijsters lost...

And, Fyndh0rnElf, what makes you think Serena gives a shitz about Kim attaining No.1...??? And, being No.1, does not often time mean "the best" as has been demonstrated by the system that ranks the players. Serena thinks and believes she's No.1 no matter what her ranking, and probably could care less about losing it to Kim...!!! True, Kim plays more, but you could look at it another way; Kim has to play twice as much to attain #1 than Serena did to get and keep #1 for over 52 weeks. Explain that one...!!!

You sound like 'ol azz Zeroes, but, the fact remains Serena was No.1 with far fewer tournament wins (Slams included), than Kim's. Ask yourself this, would Kim be No.1 with 13/14 tournaments...???? Right, thought not...!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dawn Marie
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:25 AM
You could look at it this way too:

Serena is so good that players have to play and play and STILL play too keep up with Serena.

People can mess up their bodies for the long haul messin around tryin' to hang with Serena.

tennisIlove09
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:28 AM
I think Serena wants Kim to be #1. She remembers that 5-1 lead...and wants Kim's #1 run to last that long as well :tape: :p

Filip!
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:36 AM
You could look at it this way too:

Serena is so good that players have to play and play and STILL play too keep up with Serena.

People can mess up their bodies for the long haul messin around tryin' to hang with Serena.

Dawn Marie, your comments really make me laugh.

Do you know anything about tennis, or are you speaking about something else?

I mean, come on, Serena is not God! She's also not a better human being than everybody else. She's just a tennisplayer, who is interested in a lot of things outside of tennis. She has to accept the effects. Playing less = less points.

The rules are made for tennisplayers, they all know them! It's up to Serena to adjust herself if she wants to stay #1. The rules are NOT BAD because TWO WOMEN on tour want to play less!

Instead of tellin' crap, you should have respect for the players who are only thinking about one thing: their career!

disposablehero
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:40 AM

Sorry to hear about that quadricep. Give Venus my best wishes too.

Serendy Willick
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:41 PM
hehehehehehehehehehehehe

selesrules
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Selesrules is once again winding up Williams fans and it never fails - you guys fall for it. LMAO :lol:

:angel:

bandabou
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Serena plays fewer tourneys and it works she is #1 and WINS slams.

Kim plays MORE tourneys than Serena BUT so far it has not helped her to win the SLAMS.

Hmm I think I like what Serena does for her game and tennis record MORE THAN what Kim is doing for her tennis and slam record.

You dumb people keep stating that SERENA should play more to keep up with Kim( the writing is on the wall) It is infact Kim who HAS to play more to keep up with Serena but the real fact is, it is Kim who should play LESS to WIN MORE SLAMS!

face it Kim is doing a Hingis, playing lots of tennis but not changing her game nor is she having great results when she faces the top and much higher level opponents.

I like this answer. Serena doesn´t have THING to prove! She´s already won two slams this year alone....so it´s Kim who´s plenty to prove!