PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer = another case of Martina Hingis

jbone_0307
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Except worse. She has a curse that Martina has. Martina couldn't win a grand slam but she won plenty of tournaments. But for Jennifer its a far worse case of that. She cant win a tournament. I think its the 2002 Australian Open final when Hingis should have won. I dont think Jennifer is the same

CapFan#1
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:59 PM
:rolleyes: more rambling :rolleyes:

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:02 PM
I donīt see why people are making such a big deal out of this. Itīs not like she was winning a bunch of titles anyway, itīs just happened that they were slams. After her comeback Jen won only FOUR titles, the three slams and charleston. By winning the slams, she could hide the fact she wasnīt really winning anything else.

cirelowe
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Like I said a month ago: There hasn't been a third set out there that Jennifer COULDN'T lose!

Cire

irma
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:08 PM
13 titles in 13 years right? well she has the three slams and the olympics so that's impressive but she was never a serie title winner. I think the only time she won two titles in a row was in summer 91 (and maybe in summer 92. olympics-san diego?)

selesrules
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:12 PM
All I have to say is:

JENNIFER HAS WON A GRANDSLAM MORE RECENTLY THEN VENUS.

Iconoclast
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Except worse. She has a curse that Martina has. Martina couldn't win a grand slam but she won plenty of tournaments. But for Jennifer its a far worse case of that. She cant win a tournament. I think its the 2002 Australian Open final when Hingis should have won. I dont think Jennifer is the same
I don't believe in curses. But you are right in inferring that she's not the same, tennis-wise. Her 2003 level is a little better than her 2000 level, but somewhat removed from the form she displayed in 2001 and 2002.

I doubt the Australian Open hurt her. How could it?

But I do think her confidence took a dip in the tournaments following it, notably the close losses to Serena in Scottsdale and Key Biscayne. And another pair of bitter defeats in Rome and Paris to the same woman.

Jennifer doesn't dumb down her schedule to pick up a Tier III title. This year she was only seeded first in Sydney. I don't know that you can expect much more from a player who is ranked 7 and plays like it.

selesrules
Jul 28th, 2003, 10:19 PM
All I have to say is:

JENNIFER HAS WON A GRANDSLAM MORE RECENTLY THEN VENUS.

well that shut everyone up. :D :p

billie_jean_king
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:16 PM
Jen=Martina?

No way...I've never had fantasies about Chucky.

i heart backhand
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:46 PM
LMAO :lol:

Selesrules, I love you. I think you should become our new statistician.

Sonf@
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Jennifer has never been, and will never be as dominant as Martina.

treufreund
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Venus has not won a Grand Slam or Tour Championship or Tier I event since the fall of 2001. So almost TWO YEARS without any big titles. Jennifer is also getting a free pass on her slump. Finally the press is picking up on this story.