PDA

View Full Version : Kim Clijsters the number 1 in Doubles next week ???

kimclijsters4ever
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:29 PM
All she has to do is take the title with Ai in San Diego, no matter how far Paola/Virginie get...

Kim will jump this week over Ai, because Ai has reached the Finals there last year so Kim will be just 9 points ahead...

Hope she can do it!!! Good Luck Kim :D !!!!!!!!!!!!

Come-on-kim
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Good Luck Kim!!!!

irma
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:54 AM
I thought kim won the title last year with jelena. or was that la?

Come-on-kim
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:07 AM
I thought kim won the title last year with jelena. or was that la?
it was LA against Ai and Dani

tennisIlove09
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Wow, she could be one of the few to be #1 in Singles AND Doubles

Filip!
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:52 AM

Yeps!!

great smash
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:32 PM

Not very likely!

If she gets to no. 1 in doubles next week, it'll be for one week only until the end of the year, unless she starts playing with someone other than Sugiyama.
And we all know chances of Kim being no. 1 in singles next week are slim to say the least.

Dava
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Come on Kim!!!!

jenglisbe
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:01 PM
great smash - why can't she be #1 until the end of the year? In doubles only the best 12 results count. Ai has played with some other people, but I would bet her top 12 results will all be with Kim (soon enough anyway) which will tie them for #1...right?

irma
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:04 PM
so kim can be one for 1 week? but if she and ai win the us open too then they really deserve that spot. no argue about it :p

great smash
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:04 PM
great smash - why can't she be #1 until the end of the year? In doubles only the best 12 results count. Ai has played with some other people, but I would bet her top 12 results will all be with Kim (soon enough anyway) which will tie them for #1...right?

I'm not 100 % sure, but I thought I looked it up some weeks ago.
After Kim loses her LA points, Ai will move in front of her, and will probably stay in front because she has the Masters SF in her points total, and I bet they will stay among there 12 best until years end.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should check it again.

great smash
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:10 PM
I'm not 100 % sure, but I thought I looked it up some weeks ago.
After Kim loses her LA points, Ai will move in front of her, and will probably stay in front because she has the Masters SF in her points total, and I bet they will stay among there 12 best until years end.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should check it again.

I overlooked Sugiyama's result in Montreal last year. Meaning the Canadian open Kim will pass Ai again, then Ai passing her again at the US Open where Ai has nothing to defend, Kim had a QF last year!

So IF it she's to be no. 1 simultaniously it'll most likely be right after the Canadion Open :bounce:

jenglisbe
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:01 PM
irma - don't they already deserve it? No other team has 2 majors right now, and Kim/Ai have a bunch of other titles, too.

great smash - I didn't know Ai's total included something that high (the Masters) so you are probably right...though this Montreal news is cool :p

AleOrtu
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Good Luck Paola and Vivi in Acura!!!!!!