PDA

View Full Version : Full 2004 WTA Tour Calendar

spiceboy
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Sorry if posted before, it's up now in the WTA website

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_pdf/2004TourCalendarJul16.pdf

ptkten
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the schedule. I like it a lot. I think that they did a good job in the summer to make sure that players will both play in the tour hardcourt events as well as the Olympics. I'm glad they upgraded San Diego to a tier 1 and I'm glad that they added some smaller tiered tournaments on hardcourts in the summer so that lower ranked hardcourters get the opportunity to enter tour tournaments and win them like the claycourters are able to.

spiceboy
Sep 30th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Now it's official from the WTA Tour. From next year BOTH Doha & Dubai will be Tier II and Dubai will now be played first and the following week will be Doha. :)

Lapin
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks Spiceboy! :D

* Princess *
Sep 30th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Yes, Doha bought out Scottsdale... and that makes the schedule much better. There was no need for Antwerp/Doha/Memphis all in one week.

No other noticeable changes, except Japan Open will be the week of Filderstadt, which is a better decision... but now Moscow and Zurich will be back-to-back. I don't like that Tier I's should be like that.

spiceboy
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:04 PM
Yes, Doha bought out Scottsdale... and that makes the schedule much better. There was no need for Antwerp/Doha/Memphis all in one week.

Well now it's Antwerp/Memphis/Hyderabad in the same week ;)

After Australia the season looks like this:

Week 5 Tokyo

Week 6 Paris

Week 7 Antwerp/Memphis/Hyderabad

Week 8 Dubai/Bogotá

Week 9 Doha/Acapulco

week 10-11 Indian Wells

week 12-13 Miami