Any Predictions?

neorules
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:13 PM
For sure Ncaa champ and Circuit points leader/

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:15 PM
one for winner of the USTA U18 Girls Hard Court Champs
that takes place next week in San Jose.

check the junior forum for entries/website :)

Pdm1987
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Hopefully a Brit, because Wimbledon awarded Morariu & Gullickson wildcards. ;) Jane & Amanda in that case!

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:35 PM
no Brit deserves to play in any slams right now...

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Angela Haynes
Shenay Perry
Jamea Jackson
Amber Liu
the 18's winner
Meilen Tu
Jessica Kirkland
Tara Snyder?

LOL 5 are minorities.

Pdm1987
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:03 PM
no Brit deserves to play in any slams right now...

2 are injured & 2 are retiring,1 is inconsistent & 1 has beaten Magui Serna (;)) so there aren't really any Brits who do deserve it :sad:

Darran
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:23 PM
But they are no less deserving than any american who is gonna get one.

If there is some deal done with us and wimby then they should honour it. Gullikson and morariu did so well at wimby :rolleyes:

whiteplains
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:41 PM
But they are no less deserving than any american who is gonna get one.

If there is some deal done with us and wimby then they should honour it. Gullikson and morariu did so well at wimby :rolleyes:

I will try and find out today if the USTA made a deal with the LTA...it would be weird if they did and never issued a press release...

Anyway...these are the people who I know for a fact are getting a WC

Main: Liu, Perry, Mattek, Gullickson, Baker
Qualie: Haynes

Players who requested...Kirkland, Schlukebir, Robinson, Jackson, Cochran, Avants, Bradshaw,

Believe it or not, there is not alot of competition for them this year...Melien and Tara and girls like Jenny and Lilia will mostly likely be left out...

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:44 PM
i knew Carly, Ally,Bethanie would be in for sure
Amber won NCAA
Shenay has done wonders

USTA U18 winner: Podkolzina is entered that still, although on ranks it says she's RUS (any info on that ?? )

me thinks last two: Jessica Kirkland
i hope Sunitha Rao gets one, she deserves one but i don't give her much chance with her history of not getting anything from them.

vasco
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Good luck to all of them

whiteplains
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:40 PM
i knew Carly, Ally,Bethanie would be in for sure
Amber won NCAA
Shenay has done wonders

USTA U18 winner: Podkolzina is entered that still, although on ranks it says she's RUS (any info on that ?? )

me thinks last two: Jessica Kirkland
i hope Sunitha Rao gets one, she deserves one but i don't give her much chance with her history of not getting anything from them.

If Kirkland gets one, it will be a Qualie WC...

Sunitha is up in the air...u know folks dont like players talking about how biased their group can be at times...

I will try and find out the status of Podkolzina

PointBlank
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Podkolzina was born in Russia and i guess ahe still likes it and Gullikson is a shew in for a w/c

PointBlank
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:48 PM
i know Podkolzina was born in Russia i got her autograph in memphis and we talked for a LONG time and she told me her dad or coach(i forgot) are from russia and they want her to play for Russia

whiteplains
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:36 PM
I have checked into Podkolzina and no one knows of her making an official request to change nationality, but I have made them aware that she is no longer playing under USA therefore she should not be allowed to USTA Nationals and if she happens to win it...I will definitely make a stink if she gets the WC...you cant take the USTA WC and play for another country :fiery:

Hurley
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Gullickson got a wild card into QUALIFYING, and then qualified on her own merit.

brunof
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Pfff, they would give the likes of Ally Baker a WC before they would award Rao one.

Hurley
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:01 PM
I actually made predictions not too long ago. Because I am a geek.

Amber Liu gets in for sure, since she won the NCAA. Also the winner of the 18's in August.

I think the last six in the main draw will be Mattek (definitely), Perry (definitely), Gullickson (definitely), Morariu (probably)...and then it gets tricky.

Bielik hadn't done much until she qualified for Wimbledon. I still think she'll get one.

And does one go to the USTA circuit leader? One would think that would go to Brandi, eh? Puerto Rico is still the USA. ;)

That leaves out a lot of potential recipients: Ashley, Baker, Lastra, Rao...and some veterans too, like Osterloh, Washington, and Tu.

alfajeffster
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:02 PM
You forgot Mashona Washington's annual give her a wildcard because she's black award