PDA

View Full Version : Quick Impressions From Acura Qualies

Shooter
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:55 AM
One of the first matches I saw was Vakulenko vs. Pratt. Julia won the first set easily. But about half way through she called for a trainer to look at her shoulder. Everything really fell apart for her in the second set. I couldn't tell she was hurting by watching her play. But something sure changed in that second set. She retired at 4-0 for Pratt. And she wasn't happy about it. She wouldn't talk to anyone, including her mother. During that first set, Julia definitely looked like the better player.

Widjaja vs. Jidkova - Angelique looked really off, particularly in the second set. She really didn't put up much of a fight. Looked like she was either sick or in desparate need of a break from tennis.

Tu vs. Jidkova - Jidkova did the same thing to Meilin that she did to Angelique. By the end of the match, all the fight was drained out of Tu. She was making unforced errors and didn't seem to think she could win. It 'looked like' Meilin wasn't even trying towards the end of that match.

Congrats to Jidkova. She certainly looked good in the qualies.

Also saw Henin practicing today. It was hard to miss her. They put her on one of the show courts everytime she practiced - which I believe was 3 times today! The girl is working hard and looked extremely impressive, particularly compared to the qualifiers I saw.

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Thanks for ur report... :wavey:

Angie was still tired physically due to jet lag maybe...Her mental was an issue as well...Too bad! Alinka was smart to take the advantage...and Alinka deserved to be in MD! ;)