PDA

View Full Version : Any U.S. TV coverage?

Linnie
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:24 AM
I understand that ESPN will only be showing North American tournaments, but I don't see any listings for this tourney on their website :mad: Last I looked, Canada's a part of North America :rolleyes: I see, though, that the men's tournament in Montreal is gonna be shown, so why not this one? Anybody have any info?? Thanks!

Jericho
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:48 AM
because its ESPN :rolleyes:

Linnie
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:49 AM
I do have some info ;) According to the WTA site, here's the schedule:

ESPN Friday, August 15 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
ESPN Saturday, August 16 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
ESPN Sunday, August 17 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm

A pathetic 4 1/2 hours of coverage :rolleyes: At least it's something.

moon
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:34 AM
I do have some info ;) According to the WTA site, here's the schedule:

ESPN Friday, August 15 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
ESPN Saturday, August 16 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
ESPN Sunday, August 17 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm

A pathetic 4 1/2 hours of coverage :rolleyes: At least it's something.

:wavey: Hey Linnie
You must have read my mind about the coverage. I looked in the lastest Tennisweek, and Tennis mags, and they didn't have anything!
Anyway, I'm glad they're at least showing this. :rolleyes:
pitiful ESPN :mad:

Brandon85
Aug 4th, 2003, 10:56 PM
its weird how the men's events in canada from espn have so much coverage...yet womens tennis always have better ratings? wake up! men's tennis is not popular in the states!

Paneru
Aug 5th, 2003, 10:37 PM
its weird how the men's events in canada from espn have so much coverage...yet womens tennis always have better ratings? wake up! men's tennis is not popular in the states!

They know that but I suspect the powers that be are predominately male and along with many male players and commentators(both Mac's)
are envious and jealous of the fact that all the attention(atleast in the US) is given to the women and no one gives a damn about them!

treufreund
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:35 AM
awesome that they will have ANY COVERAGE WHATSOEVER because for weeks everything has said they would have no coverage at all

Ryan
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Morve to Canada. You'll get non-stop tennis for two whole weeks. :D You have to live with our pitiful commentators though. ;)

croat123
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:54 AM
Morve to Canada. You'll get non-stop tennis for two whole weeks. :D You have to live with our pitiful commentators though. ;)
the are nothing compared to espn's commentators...

yukon145
Aug 8th, 2003, 03:07 AM
I read that they are showing coverage for like all of New Haven, which is good but the field of players at New Haven is weaker than in Canada