PDA

View Full Version : Split Personality=Pam Shriver

SerenaSlam
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Pam kills me. She says one thing this week, and then the next week its like she contradicts herself.

Anyway. I also don't even understand half the crap she and this Clif Drysdale are saying. you have to people playing against eachother, and Cliff says that this is an important match to decide who can challenge the Williams Sisters.

That in itself sounded extremely stupid to me, when you need to face the williamses inorder to actually "challenge" them. But what got be 2 seconds later was, Pam saying, Kim beaten them, she just hasn't won in the majors. First of all, its been over a year since Kim has even beaten venus. She beat venus on venus' worst surface Clay Hambug last year. Since then, Venus has beaten her 4 straight times I believe. Then she beat Serena at the Championhips, she has lost 2 straight to Serena. So where the hell Pam figures that Kim has figured out how to beat williamses outside of the slams I dont' know.

Kim just reminds me so much of Martina Hingis. But in Martina's prime, she was winning tournies and slams. Kim is winning tournies, and she isn't even winning them over the top 2 players in the world. She shows a lot and has a lot of potential. But Serena and Venus do as well, and they can get better and have more to offer.

People are saying, is kIm deserving of number 1? Let me put it to you this way. There are two ways to play the ranking system. One way being the "great" way but not the "best" way. The other being the "best" way, but not "great" for your overall record.

Serena is deserving of number 1, b/c she is winning the slams and tournies, although she doesn't play enough. you can be number 1 this way. Kim is deserving of number 1 b/c she plays the best system. She has figured out the ranking system, and wants to get to the top by consistently getting to the finals and semis. Although personally she has a loosing record this year in her tournies played. She plays more, so there fore she is just going to get more points at the end of the day. Yeah she always looses to Venus and Serena. But she beats everyone else. I dunno if she will ever figure out how to beat Venus and Serena. When she is playing them, everyone is saying how she isn't playing that great etc. But in fact, its the sisters playing so well. Good examples are Serena vs. jennifer. Every time serena wins in the third set, Serena was the better player. I don't hear Jennifer fans saying Jennifer backed off. I don't hear Jennifer stating "she" backed off. Jennifer and her fans realize Serena was just too good, but Jennifer played so well, she foreced serena to come up with the goods and beat her.

Serena has done the same thing against Kim, and Venus has done the same against Kim. Serena/Venus best against Kim, Serena and Venus will always come out the winner no matter what. Kim in fact does rely on their errors, and when venus and serena are making them she is ahead, when they top and pick up their games, kim fans keep trying to tell people how Kim is backing off. no serena and venus are just not missing shots any more. the errors are becoming winners. hello people. this is not hard to figure out.

Kim is a great player. Pam knows this. But 1 day she is saying the right things, the next she is making it sound like she is really true number 1 material when in fact she isn't even close that when you compare her to venus and serena.

Hendouble
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:37 AM
For the love of God, change the record. Can you imagine any fan of Agassi continually spewing out threads where they repeatedly crow, "Well, Andre's better than Ferrero, and he's never lost to Federer, so they're both undeserving challengers for no. 1"? No, so please don't do it here either. There's a limit to how many times you can say the same thing over and over again until it becomes absolutely meaningless.

Filip!
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:42 AM
For the love of God, change the record. Can you imagine any fan of Agassi continually spewing out threads where they repeatedly crow, "Well, Andre's better than Ferrero, and he's never lost to Federer, so they're both undeserving challengers for no. 1"? No, so please don't do it here either. There's a limit to how many times you can say the same thing over and over again until it becomes absolutely meaningless.

I agree!

SerenaSlam
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:44 AM
i like to say it till it gets understood, and thats by pam shriver etc..... :)

Hendouble
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Yes, one small flaw in that plan... the people it is aimed at will never understand it because they do not come into contact with this message board. As tennis analysts and commentators, they have their own opinions on the game. More power to them. We posters on here, on the other hand, understand it very well indeed, because it's been shoved down our throat so many times. You're never going to change the opinion of someone who disagrees with you, so stop trying to do it.

BK4ever
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:49 AM
Please, I cant believe you are letting Pam and Cliff bother you...they are all biased commentators...they all love it when V&S lose and they will not stop until they can find someone to dethrone V&S...

I happen to be in a position that allows me to see and hear first hand what people like Pam and others involved with USA tennis think of V&S and its all bad...When I hear them spewing their BS and making their lil comments...is when I realize that racism is alive and thriving in America...

They are all hateful when it comes to V&S but they are the very people if you ever accused them of being racist...they would be offended and plead innocence...they are so full of themselves and their jealousy that they cant even recognize whats real about themselves...

I overheard a US tennis official make a comment about Serena that was just hateful and in the next breadth say that she better play fed cup against belgium...its all about what V&S can do for them, but they all secretly hate them...all of them...I have never heard any of them speak objectively about V&S when the camera's werent turned on :fiery:

Hendouble
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Well, exactly. I may not agree with you about the rights and wrongs of their opinions, but the bottom line is you aren't going to change them. If Shriver and Drysdale want to fervently hope for someone to dethrone the Williams sisters, why not let them? It's not as though there's much chance of that happening, so it's good for some of us to at least cling to a crumb of hope that the impossible could transpire one day.

BTW, how did you know what these officials were saying about the Willies when the cameras weren't turned on? Surely you don't have such close access to them, do you?

Hurley
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:00 AM
Serena is deserving of number 1, b/c she is winning the slams and tournies, although she doesn't play enough. you can be number 1 this way. Kim is deserving of number 1 b/c she plays the best system. She has figured out the ranking system, and wants to get to the top by consistently getting to the finals and semis. Although personally she has a loosing record this year in her tournies played. She plays more, so there fore she is just going to get more points at the end of the day. Yeah she always looses to Venus and Serena. But she beats everyone else.

For the 1938713rd time today, SS...

L O S E

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Of course thereīs a rascism in tennis! Thatīs always been and will always be the case! In more than 100 years of tennis thereīs been like 3/4 black champions....donīt think thatīs odd for such a big sport?!

Take the Williamses. When Serena played Jen in the qtrs at Wimby, started slow and lost the first set, it was because Jen was playing well. When Serena did the same against Venus, all of sudden the fix was in! Why the double standard?!

Hendouble
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:10 AM
Because Serena didn't gift points to Capriati with ridiculously lame errors like she did against Venus in the opening set - I cite the bizarre brain cramp she experienced on set point that ended up costing her that set. The sisters don't match up well against each other, they never have and they never will. The fix theory is somewhat ludicrous, but at times it's the only possible explanation for the weird way in which the two of them play each other when they're facing off in Slam finals.

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:06 AM
Hendbouble, what kind of logic is that?! I think that the first two all-Williams finals( u.s. open and the french) were a little bit hollow and of less quality. But after that I donīt really think people can call their matches bad and devoid of emotions! Where were they when Serena was bouncing her racket, questioning line-calls and even swearing?!

People keep saying that the Oz was error-filled and bad, but in the same breath they call the Jen-Lindsay match at IW a classic when Lindsay had more than 5o ufeīs! Odd, odd indeed!

Ryan
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:19 AM
There's too many specific examples of ignorance and plain stupidity in this thread to quote all of them, so I'll be blunt and general.

SerenaSlam- Cut it out. Serena is deserving of #1. So is Kim. Kim cannot beat the top 2 players, because she IS one of the top 2 players. Venus is #4, newsflash.

BK4ever- I highly doubt your "first hand" gossip, but so what if it is true? Does them cheering against Venus and Serena make them lose? NO. They know more about the game then you, me, and everyone else on this board, so when they say something most of the time it's true.

Hendouble, Hurley- Thank you for trying to keep some sane, raiotnal thinking in this thread.

bandabou- They can say the Jen/Lindsay match was competitive because it WAS. 50 errors for Lindsay, yes. But there were long rallies, line questioning, great shots, and there is a RIVALRY between Jennifer and Lindsay. Venus and Serena never give 100% against each other, and never produce their best tennis like they do against other players. They have a "rivalry" of sorts, but it resembles a mugging where the criminal has to beg the victim to give up her purse, then goes and buys her coffee afterwards using the money she stole.

alexusjonesfan
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:19 AM
this thread is turning into a smorgasboard of all the drivel that gets spewn out periodically from the same fans. All we need now are some Martina fans chiming in with how they miss Martina and how she played a really intelligent game. Oh how about a few references to the 'hand' which took over Roland Garros and a couple of gripes about how the Venus-Martina, Lindsay-Martina rivalries were so much better than any today...and don't forget about how Steffi doesn't deserve to be on any 'greatest ever' list. Oh and let's not forget how Daniela is too dumb to eat on her own and thus has to be told to do so relentlessly by people who she'll never meet.

There you have it. Wtaworld in a nutshell :o

is it time for the next cycle of spewing yet? We can't be told anything once, it has to come again and again and again and again...like alternating bouts of diarrhoea and vomiting to someone with a bad case of giardia :lick:

Sofiane
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:37 AM
Pam kills me. She says one thing this week, and then the next week its like she contradicts herself.

Anyway. I also don't even understand half the crap she and this Clif Drysdale are saying. you have to people playing against eachother, and Cliff says that this is an important match to decide who can challenge the Williams Sisters.

That in itself sounded extremely stupid to me, when you need to face the williamses inorder to actually "challenge" them. But what got be 2 seconds later was, Pam saying, Kim beaten them, she just hasn't won in the majors. First of all, its been over a year since Kim has even beaten venus. She beat venus on venus' worst surface Clay Hambug last year. Since then, Venus has beaten her 4 straight times I believe. Then she beat Serena at the Championhips, she has lost 2 straight to Serena. So where the hell Pam figures that Kim has figured out how to beat williamses outside of the slams I dont' know.

Kim just reminds me so much of Martina Hingis. But in Martina's prime, she was winning tournies and slams. Kim is winning tournies, and she isn't even winning them over the top 2 players in the world. She shows a lot and has a lot of potential. But Serena and Venus do as well, and they can get better and have more to offer.

People are saying, is kIm deserving of number 1? Let me put it to you this way. There are two ways to play the ranking system. One way being the "great" way but not the "best" way. The other being the "best" way, but not "great" for your overall record.

Serena is deserving of number 1, b/c she is winning the slams and tournies, although she doesn't play enough. you can be number 1 this way. Kim is deserving of number 1 b/c she plays the best system. She has figured out the ranking system, and wants to get to the top by consistently getting to the finals and semis. Although personally she has a loosing record this year in her tournies played. She plays more, so there fore she is just going to get more points at the end of the day. Yeah she always looses to Venus and Serena. But she beats everyone else. I dunno if she will ever figure out how to beat Venus and Serena. When she is playing them, everyone is saying how she isn't playing that great etc. But in fact, its the sisters playing so well. Good examples are Serena vs. jennifer. Every time serena wins in the third set, Serena was the better player. I don't hear Jennifer fans saying Jennifer backed off. I don't hear Jennifer stating "she" backed off. Jennifer and her fans realize Serena was just too good, but Jennifer played so well, she foreced serena to come up with the goods and beat her.

Serena has done the same thing against Kim, and Venus has done the same against Kim. Serena/Venus best against Kim, Serena and Venus will always come out the winner no matter what. Kim in fact does rely on their errors, and when venus and serena are making them she is ahead, when they top and pick up their games, kim fans keep trying to tell people how Kim is backing off. no serena and venus are just not missing shots any more. the errors are becoming winners. hello people. this is not hard to figure out.

Kim is a great player. Pam knows this. But 1 day she is saying the right things, the next she is making it sound like she is really true number 1 material when in fact she isn't even close that when you compare her to venus and serena.

Find a job, and find a life, don't live through Serena Williams, cause she doesn't even know that you exist.
And as much as you'll say all those stupid things you won't change anything, cause you don’t count in this life, so deal with it you'll feel better. And the more you write the more you show how much of a loser you are.
And BTW I dind't even read your balh blah cause I know what is all about, always the same broken record.