PDA

View Full Version : Poor Jen

tennnisfannn
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:38 PM
:sad:
Like her or not, it is heartbreaking to see jen lose so many three setters against the top players especially when the games are so close. Come in here to feel for her. Good job Kim but when is it gonna be Jen's day?

Miss Thang
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:40 PM
I hear what u sayin and it too bad it happenin on the regular to Miss Jenn but she gonna work it out. She got to. :cool:

joaco
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:45 PM
my question is: How long can she resist?

cool bird
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:55 PM
I feel for Jen to get back to top form she needs to beat Serena or Venus. For i belive that all those tought matches three set matches with Serena has really dented her confiedents.

DEETHELICK
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:56 PM
I feel SO bad for her. Jen is too talented to lose. Can anyone attribute why the third set was so decisive for Kim?

Was it fitness, errors, Kim playing great?

Jen needs a title before the USO in my book before we can even thibk of her winning Slams again.

When she broke Kim at the beginning of the 2nd set, she shoulda held on. Or when serving a 4-5 in the 2nd, really played her heart out to close it in two.

Oh well, we gota keep supporting her. The rewards will come soon....

yukon145
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:59 PM
I love you Jen!

jenny161185
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:04 AM
so do i -im just hoping it does nt start affecting her badly

stijntje
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:14 AM
I'm a big Clijsters fan, so I'm really happy she won...
But
The way Capriati played today impressed me quite a lot... Her latest result weren't that great, but if she can hold and raise this level of play a bit, I'm sure she will win many more tournaments...
She's a great and lovely person!
Good luck in San Diego girl!

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:19 AM
"ooooohhhhhhh child, things are gonna get easier......" Tupac-Keep ya head up

bello
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:43 AM
I cant believe it happened again, another 3 setter against her with a top player!! :( Jen baby!! CMON!!

Mase
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:55 AM
I'm a big Clijsters fan, so I'm really happy she won...
But
The way Capriati played today impressed me quite a lot... Her latest result weren't that great, but if she can hold and raise this level of play a bit, I'm sure she will win many more tournaments...
She's a great and lovely person!
Good luck in San Diego girl!

From what Ive seen of the match I agree.. She still hits juat as hard/harder than some of the top girls.. Its got to break soon. HEY she had been to a final in 4 months, its good to see her back in one, no matter what the result was.......

SJW- exactly, just keep your head up Jen!

Malin
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:16 AM
Oh God!!! I'm tired of hearing this crap that Jen played well and she is gonna win a title sooner or later she just needs a little luck. People have been saying that all year and she still has nothing.

LeonHart
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:20 AM
Jen still depends on her speed too much, especially in the 3rd set where she just runs everything down and not dictate points. She also needs more variety!!! She was playin Kim with some drops shots early in the match, why not in the 3rd :confused:. Variety I think is KEY...Jen needs to start thinking on the court and not just pound the ball, and retrieve.

Hawk
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:27 AM
My take on the third set..first off Jen was tired..fitness-wise Kim was in better shape. Kim played well in the third set while Jen was a little more up and down..she came out pretty badly in the third and it's awful tough to dig yourself out of 4-0 hole when you're already a little tired. She did pick it up at 4-0 but Kim stayed steady and finished it off.

I too think it's just a matter of time for Jen to win her next title..however she needs to get into more finals first. She says she doesn't think about that fact that it's a final and doesn't put pressure on herself, but when she's getting to finals only once every 4 months or so..you're bound to feel more pressure cause you don't know when your next opportunity will come along to win a title. Anyhoo that's just my 2 cents :p

Joana
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:35 AM
I think she'll get herself together, don't forget it's the same girl who was completely out for almost 5 years and then managed to conquer the tennis world in no time. She's way to good not win any more titles IMO.

RYNJ
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:58 AM
IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD I THOUGHT SHE HAD THIS!!!!!!

AWW C'MON JENNIFER WIN ACURA!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAT SERENA IF YOU HJAVE TO!!!!!!!!!!

I want you to do good at the Open and if it means beating Serena so be it c'mon Jennifer!

IF Venus was playing i'd oppose hehe but shes not so GO JEN!

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Problem is that Jenīs style of play isnīt effective anymore + I think her fitness level isnīt as high as in the past. She always seems to get tired in the third set, specially against the elite. And her serve is just non-existent!! She always hits TONS of dfīs.... I think that the windowīs closing for the older class of americans: Monica, Lindsay and Jen. The first two are already battling to many injuries and Jenīs level is no longer enough.

RYNJ
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:24 AM
I think Jennifer gives up in the third set when the person is up. Before she would fight but I dont see that willingess anymore!!! C'mon jenn bring it back!

Malin
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:56 AM
I think Jen needs to fire Lisa!!!! She has not improved Jen's fitness nearly enough to keep her.

sunnysideup
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:37 AM
For Capriati, 11 of her 12 losses this year have been in three sets.:sad: is this a record or something.:mad:

jojoseph
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:49 AM
Jen pretty much singlehandedly won the doubles matches this week. I can not be any more serious. Daniella was not playing well at all. She had to say sorry a few times because Jen had to go for shots she should have taken. I'd say that took it's toll big time and came into play in the third set. Jen was on fire until she seemed to have aggravated her right shoulder in the beginning of the second when she had to call for the trainer. Kim took full advantage of the situation and seemed to get her head back together. That's just the way it goes. She was very happy to be playing in San Diego, saying she had to run and catch a flight there so she couldn't stay for much longer. I'm not sure if that's on tape since I haven't watched it in full so I don't know how many people have heard that, but that sounded like a very positive attitude. I think she should stay away from doubles til she wins a title just to get back on the board.

BasicTennis
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Jenn gets her bad karma after disrespecting the umpire on her match against lisa.:devil:

Trish101
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:53 AM
what the hells your problem BasicTennis? ...nobody dissed Lisa ok? Jen had EVERY right to argue with the umpire...its called FREE SPEACH....idiot!

BasicTennis
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:59 AM
what the hells your problem BasicTennis? ...nobody dissed Lisa ok? Jen had EVERY right to argue with the umpire...its called FREE SPEACH....idiot!
and I'm entitled to a free speach as well. :tape: :lol: :tape:

BasicTennis
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Jen needs to reconcile also with BJK if she wants to win another title.;) BJK's curse is simple yet effective.:sad: