PDA

View Full Version : Kim wins Bank of the West!

Mr. Man
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:32 PM
defeats Jen 4:6 6:4 6:2

Congrats Kim.

:rolleyes: Jen, the drought continues.

Mase
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:33 PM
:sad:

Congrats Kim..

JenCpLvr
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:35 PM
It's an all too familiar scene :( :( :( :(

Keep training and be ready for the U.S. Open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TennisHack
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Congrats Kim! :bounce:

Poor Jen :o Double faulting on match point :o

I can't wait to watch this match, sounds like it was great!

Juju_fan
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Congrats Kim! :bounce:

Poor Jen :o Double faulting on match point :o

I can't wait to watch this match, sounds like it was great!
You'll be disappointed ;)

Lot of UEs, some nice points but not so much.

gentenaire
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:36 PM
:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Well done, Kim! It was a fun match.

Some of Kim's splits :eek:

gentenaire
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:37 PM

There were some great rallies, some wonderful points. They were both fighting for every point. In the third set the rallies were shorter, I think the heat had gotten to them both.

Miss Thang
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Go head Miss Kim! :worship:

Get em next time Miss Jenn. :kiss:

liuxuan
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Well done Kim, you are a great player. I just hope Jen doesnt get too depressed from this and comes out firing for San Diego next week!!

*JR*
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:39 PM
How Kim would trade this for a certain match these 2 played in Paris! (Or ANOTHER one in Paris fairly recently vs. someone else). Take it from a Roger, girl: don't count yourself out of any Slams, whatever happened B4. ;)

brunof
*Brunof vomits all over hand* :( :sad:

I just feel sick for Jenn. She can't seem to get a title under her belt. A nice win for Kim. I think I am to depressed to watch the match. Was there a shoulder injury?

Well done Kim. :D

TennisHack

A great match doesn't have to consititute tons of winners and few unforced errors.

Besides, with Jennifer, you're bound to get more UEs than winners, it's just the nature of her game. Kim, too, when she gets tight.

angele87
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Congrats Kim :worship: :bounce: :kiss:

gentenaire
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Her shoulder did seem to bother her at one point. Jen asked for the trainer, and kept putting ice on it during the match.

"Topaz"
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Congrats Kim!

Good effort Jen!

Cilla
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Congrats Kim :hug:

liuxuan
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:43 PM
i do feel sick and empty - frustrated!!! :mad:

she always gets our hopes up, only to have them come crashing down! :sad:

Hagar
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Some of Kim's splits :eek:

My legs hurt after watching this match.

irma
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:46 PM
well imho it was still less worse then in the final two years ago. or did I get used to it?

Seles_Beckham
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:46 PM
BRAVO KIM :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Filip!
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:48 PM
I think the match was high-level. Sometimes unforced errors, but also some great rallies!

Congrats Kim! She really made a great come back, in the middle of the second set, I was never expecting Kim to win, but she raised her level and found her concentration back.

Anyway, congrats Jen for reaching the finals! She'll surely win a title soon, her level on hardcourt is great!

nicky
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:00 PM
well imho it was still less worse then in the final two years ago. or did I get used to it?

I think it was even worse than two years ago...we're definitely getting used to them. :eek: that full split :eek:

alexusjonesfan
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:04 PM
congrats Kim :clap2:
keem em comin ;)

Jen- all that work is gonna pay off eventually :yeah:

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:29 PM
and many congratulations to her for it ;)

but i wont be watching this match tomorrow...seeing Jennifer repeatedly....not fail, but not quite make it is kinda disheartening. i wish her well in Acura, but how that could come back to bite me in the butt :)

tennischick
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:30 PM
i love Kim's peppy serve to the forehand in the deuce court. i don't remember this being part of her arsenal.

nice win! congrats Kim.

Capriati fights like a dog. yoou have to grant her that.

Hawk
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Way to go Kim! :D :bounce: :yippee:

By the third set I think they both just felt like falling over :lol: :p

Boy did Kim ever come out firing at the start of the match though :eek: It's so nice to see her blasting winners :yeah:

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Poor Jen! But itīs obvious that Jenīs level no longer is good enough for the elite. When Kim ( of all people!!) can overpower and tire you out, thatīs NOT a good sign!

Fingon
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:55 AM
My legs hurt after watching this match.

when she fell after one of the splits I thought "poor Kimmy, she is not longer a virgin" :devil:

Ting
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:57 AM
when she fell after one of the splits I thought "poor Kimmy, she is not longer a virgin" :devil:
lol

Congrats Kimmie!!!! :bounce:

jenglisbe
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:00 AM
bandabou - When Kim of all people can overpower and tire her out?? Huh?? Kim is #2 in the world and has won 5 titles this year. How is she an "of all people" player...especially in terms of power and conditioning? Kim is known for being in great shape, and she is known as one of the few players who can handle the power of the Williams sisters. I don't get your comment...

jmp
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:00 AM
:bounce: Congratulations, Kim!

This was a good match to watch. I liked the rallies and some of the incredible shots. Kim's serves and winners were outstanding!

Good tournament, Jennifer. :)

Hawk
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:02 AM

:lol:

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:11 AM
You raise good points, jenglisbe. I only said that Kim isnīt an offensive-minded/ overpowering player in the mold of Davenport, Serena who make you run and chase a lot of balls. Thatīs all....but Kim was overpowering Jen today, specially with her backhand.

I also found it odd of Jen to keep going to the backhand of Kim, when itīs obvious that that was her better side! Clearly, bad scouting!

i heart backhand
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:16 AM
I feel so bad for Jen. She's been on such a mental high lately only to be let down again. I can only hope she pulls herself for the remainder of the US hardcourt season and then the indoor season--both areas where she can really shine. We need to see a few more semifinals and finals from her, and a title would be excellent.

Kudos to Kim... I have to give credit where credit is due--you can't take away Kim's win. She earned it, and she doesn't deserve it any less than Jen.

sbmh
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Congrats , Kimmie !
You deserve it !
Good fight , Jen !
Better luck next time !

-Sonic-
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:04 AM
That is a big shame for Jen.... she's been so solid for so long, you would think that it would earn her a title here and there...

She's turned into one of these players that will give u the match of your life, but you'll probably come through it if you keep your level close to hers. Sort of a Sandrine Testud for 2003 (her matches against serena in 1999, her 7-6's in the 3rd against hingis and davenport etc), but Jen is of course GS winning better.

TennisHack
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:33 AM
The match was fabulous. Some of those rallies were absolutely fantastic :eek: You'd be doing yourself a big disservice if you didn't watch just because Jen lost. She didn't lose for trying, that's for sure.

Trish101
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:39 AM
...thats right! Jen tried her darndest! The better woman won this day, of course one match is just that, one match...good win Kim, Congrats.

Jennifer good show, were all proud of you, you whent down fighting, let up a bit unfortunetly, but you had your chances to win! Better luck next time! ...maybe!

katrientje
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Congrats Kimmie!

sunnysideup
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:35 AM
congrats Kim!

Jeff
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Congrats Kimmie :) :)

Come-on-kim
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Kim :bounce:

bubbelke
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:33 AM
:bounce: congratulations kim :bounce:
what a nice mach!!! :lick:

tfannis
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Congrats Kim :D:worship:
Good match Jennifer :)

A fantastic final imo....some incredible rallies...even those who ended on an UE were great to watch....they were both bringing everything back....there was such a nice rally in the third set I think it was....Kim pumping her fist high in the air afterwards and Jen smiling...lol...they knew it was fabulous ;) First point of a game btw...shows how much they were fighting :D

Elleke
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Kim , Congrats :D:D:worship:
Jenn, better luck next time!!

gokimmie
Jul 28th, 2003, 10:00 AM
:bounce:congrats kimmie:D what a match!

Majo
Jul 28th, 2003, 10:15 AM
http://www.smily.at/smily/smily060.gif congrats Kimmie!!! http://www.smily.at/smily/smily060.gif

ans
Jul 28th, 2003, 10:44 AM
:bowdown: Kimmy!

Jen and Kim always seem to be in for really great matches to watch!
And by the way...nice to read all these positive reactions from the Jen-fans. No hard feelings, no excuses...that's great! :kiss:

fleemkeģ
Jul 28th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Great match from both girls :D
Congrats Kim and good luck next time Jen :)

Candy946
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:56 PM
WTG Kim, congrats! :bounce:

jenny161185
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:30 PM
well done Kim and Jennifer dont get down on yourself - this was a good showing from you this week and we'll see you winning again two - how could you not be happy for either of these girls they're both so nice!

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:32 PM
congrats, kimmy!

DA FOREHAND
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:35 PM
well done Kim and Jennifer dont get down on yourself - this was a good showing from you this week and we'll see you winning again two - how could you not be happy for either of these girls they're both so nice!

People find all kinds of ways not to be happy for Venus, and she's a nice girl.