PDA

View Full Version : "The Unworthy One" is now defending 9 titles.

Pages : [1] 2

disposablehero
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Tour Chapionships
2 Tier I's
3 4 Tier II's
2 Tier III's

Oh, by the way. She doesn't have a title to defend for about 2 months yet.

Hagar
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Great stuff by Kim. I am very happy with this win. This is a special tournament. Kim won here against Davenport for the first time. And Belgian TV took at the same time the habit of broadcasting finals with Kim and Justine in it.
I'm so happy Kim made the doubters shut up. Once again.
Seems like you are ready for the hard court, Kim! Keep up the good work!

irma
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:38 PM
kim :bowdown:

Knizzle
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:39 PM
Congrats to "The Unworthy One!!"

Lady
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Great match! And great win for Kim!

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:48 PM
get over urself i swear y'all have a persecution complex

if u didnt love all this ish surrounding Kim you wouldnt keep bringing it up. you just taint her victories IMO

cool bird
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Well done Kim.

Miss Thang
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Tour Chapionships
2 Tier I's
3 Tier II's
2 Tier III's

Go head Miss Kim! I know u gonna win at least one more title til the US Open so you've gotta be the favorite to win the US Open cuz u playin the best this year. Now girlfriend lets see if that logic is right. :cool:

Filip!
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Pathetic, SerenaJWilliams, just admit it, Kim is a great player! She's very close now, Serena can better watch out, because Kim has not many points to defend in the next weeks!

btw: Kim won already 5 tournaments this year (singles!), isn't this girl a good player?

disposablehero
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:51 PM
get over urself i swear y'all have a persecution complex

No complex, we are just persecuted. :help:

Hulet
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:52 PM
congrats to kim.

edit: :)

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Pathetic, SerenaJWilliams, just admit it, Kim is a great player! She's very close now, Serena can better watch out, because Kim has not many points to defend in the next weeks!

btw: Kim won already 5 tournaments this year (singles!), isn't this girl a good player?

pathetic: yes i agree! all this "oh we are so hard-done-by" ish is pathetic!
great player: duhhhhhh! shes number two in the world
Serena better watch out: ive said this once ive said this a million times. KIM CAN HAVE THE MOFO-ING #1! Serena holds three slams....i choose her!
no many points to defend in next weeks: good for her. im happy for her. seriously

Filip!
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:55 PM
btw: Kim has 15 titles, not 8

* 28/07/2003: Stanford
* 21/06/2003: Rosmalen
* 18/05/2003: Rome
* 16/03/2003: Indian Wells
* 11/01/2003: Sydney
* 11/11/2002: Tour Championships
* 27/10/2002: Luxemburg
* 13/10/2002: Filderstadt
* 05/05/2002: Hamburg
* 28/10/2001: Luxemburg
* 30/09/2001: Leipzig
* 29/07/2001: Stanford
* 05/11/2000: Leipzig
* 15/01/2000: Hobart
* 26/09/1999: Luxemburg

:bounce:

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:57 PM
No complex, we are just persecuted. :help:

whatever. "oh Kim is having such a great year, ohhhhh this is so bad for our popularity" blah blah blah blah. its so old. other people do it but u are better than that. stop complaining about being a Kim fan and take PRIDE in it.

alexusjonesfan
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:57 PM
here we go again :yawn:

irma
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:58 PM
pathetic: yes i agree! all this "oh we are so hard-done-by" ish is pathetic!
great player: duhhhhhh! shes number two in the world
Serena better watch out: ive said this once ive said this a million times. KIM CAN HAVE THE MOFO-ING #1! Serena holds three slams....i choose her!
no many points to defend in next weeks: good for her. im happy for her. seriously

so do I (I mean that serena is number 1 or better saying the best player on tour by far. stanford is no us open afterall)
but that doesn't mean that 8 smaller titles are not impressive too :bowdown:

disposablehero
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:00 AM

Kim is not currently defending 7 of her titles.

alexusjonesfan
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:01 AM

I think disposablehero means she's currently defending 8 titles. btw, does this tie her with Serena for the most titles this year or is she by herself at the front now?

edit: whoops :o

irma
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:02 AM
serena has 7 I think (or do I miss one)

us open
tokio
leipzig
australia
paris
miami
wimbledon

jenny161185
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:02 AM
you answered this yourself how is she possibly the unworthy one if she is defending 8 titles?? well done Kim

Filip!
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:03 AM
I think disposablehero means she's currently defending 8 titles. btw, does this tie her with Serena for the most titles this year or is she by herself at the front now?

edit: whoops :o

Oh yep, sorry, I made a mistake. I didn't knew she was defending so much titles, wow, this is impressive!

TennisHack
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:05 AM
btw, does this tie her with Serena for the most titles this year or is she by herself at the front now?

Kim has five titles this year, Serena & Justine have 4.

Not bad for half a year's work :D

alexusjonesfan
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:07 AM

like I said in the other thread, keep em coming :hug:

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:08 AM
so do I (I mean that serena is number 1 or better saying the best player on tour by far. stanford is no us open afterall)
but that doesn't mean that 8 smaller titles are not impressive too :bowdown:

it IS impressive. like 52/7 is amazing and congrats to her on that. but still, i like Melbourne London and New York :)

Filip!
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Yeah, the year is not over yet!

Miss Thang
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:09 AM

Excuse me chile this thread is bout Miss Kim so lets leave Miss Rena out of it. Thanks boo. :kiss:

Miss Kim has been Miss Consistenty of 2003! :worship: Has she evn lost before the semi's this year? I don't think she has so I give her props for that. The only thing bringin down her year is that for all her consistency girlfriend aint won a Slam and the way she been playin u think she woulda taken either the FO or Wimby. Now the pressure is on Miss Consistency to win the US Open. She gotsta win it or folk gonna roll they eyes at all her consistency. She can do it. Those that don't believe inlcuding me just waitin to see if she can prove us wrong. Go head Miss Kim! Show us what u got at Flushing Meadows! :cool:

Miss SerenaJ aint no thing girlfriend. ;) :kiss:

"Topaz"
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:12 AM
"The Unworthy One" is now defending 8 titles. Tour Chapionships
2 Tier I's
3 Tier II's
2 Tier III's
Let me see what the supposedly "Worthy One" has:
3 Slams
1 Tier I
3 Tier II's

Hmmmm...
Unworthy: 8 titles
Worthy: 7 titles
So, Unworthy is ahead! Holy Macro! :clap2:

disposablehero
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:13 AM

Who cares? I want to know who has the most doubles titles.

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:15 AM
she shoulda won the French....i woulda been a lot happier than with the 5 titles :)

hingis-seles
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:19 AM
she shoulda won the French....i woulda been a lot happier than with the 5 titles :)

But wasn't it only fitting that the player who beat Serena went on to win the title?

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:23 AM
i dont care! i would prefer one of my faves won the title than someone who beat my ultimate fave in uh, controversial i mean funny circumstances ;)

plus no williams in the final....then i would like Jennifer>Linzi>Kim to win the slam (out of those with slam winning ability)

hingis-seles
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:30 AM
What I meant was that since Justine did defeat the best player, it was only fitting that she was the one who captured the crown.

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:32 AM
bah....thats an idealistic theory, doesnt always work when you want it to though (Seles def Venus in her best result in years, only to lose in the semis of a slam that IMO had her name all over it ;))

hingis-seles
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Yeah I know. :sad:

Martina took out Monica and screwed up in the final. :mad: She even did that in the 1997 RG semis.

Monica took her out in RG 1998 and screwed up in the final.

I can't count the number of times, Martina and Monica have taken each other out, and then lost the final. :fiery: :sad:

BK4ever
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:40 AM
this is a stupid thread, such as all the threads saying Kim is unworthy are as well...

you want people to stop saying she is unworthy of getting to #1 but then start a thread like this...

we all need to move on...its not like kim becoming #1 without a slam in the past 12 months is a new occurence...it happened with Hingis as well...the system finally got it right and it will again...

For the last time...their is a system in place and if someone plays within the system and reaches #1, then they deserve it!

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:52 AM
Hingis didnt GET to #1 without a slam. she remained there without one and then they changed the system to (try to) ensure it didnt happen again :)

Hingis-Seles: tennis is a bitch right?

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Kimmy is defending 8 tournaments. Great!! Too bad none of them is a slam!! Compare this too Serena who still is the defending champion at three slams!!!

The point about Kimīs that she would greatly diminish the value of being no.1, if she was to reach it without having won a GS first! All no.1 have already won a slam before they reached no.1! Thatīs the point about Kim being no.1. How is one to take her ranking seriously when Serena has two slams, is defending champion at a third, has beaten Kim twice this year, etc?!

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:02 AM
thats sports ;) and apparently Kim deserves to be number one (haha cheap shot im sorry) so its all good.

if Serena isnt #1 holding three slams then she'll jus have to hold four and see what goes down :p

disposablehero
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:04 AM
How is one to take her ranking seriously when Serena has two slams, is defending champion at a third, has beaten Kim twice this year, etc?!

Oh, did Serena play this year? Sorry, I hadn't noticed.

Dawn Marie
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:05 AM
"Kim is a great player! She's very close now, Serena can better watch out, because Kim has not many points to defend in the next weeks!

btw: Kim won already 5 tournaments this year (singles!), isn't this girl a good player?"

Nobody is stating that Kim is NOT a good player what we are saying is that Kim is not at Serena's level. If she gets to number one is is not because she is a better player than Serena J. Williams.

People have been stating that Serena better watch out and Venus too, but the last time I looked she lost to them the past 52 weeks. Serena and Venus own Kim.

I loved it when Venus beat her in antwerp and when she beat her at Wimby. Nobody can change that ever. Kim is just not as good as V@S.

Sam L
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:06 AM
The unworthy one! :bowdown:

Hendouble
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:06 AM
I think everyone could take her ranking very seriously, I doubt anyone will care that much. If Clijsters is seeded no. 1 and Serena no. 2 at a Slam, it's fairly obvious who is the favourite if they were to meet in the final.

To be honest, I'm already thinking long-term with women's tennis; I'm going to start following it seriously in a couple of years' time when we have an end to the Williams-Belgium axis of evil and start getting some proper depth and competitiveness, some of it involving those highly touted young prospects from Eastern Europe who will achieve absolutely zero while the sisters are still around.

Mase
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Kims having a great year, I dont think anyone is trying to take that away from her, but the bottom line is......

Will she be remembered for winning tourneys like the Bank Of West? No people only remember who won the slams, and they've gone Serena's/Justines ways.. As much as it sucks, it true...

But hats off to her, she's had a good season. she's just not. as of right now, going to be rememberd for a slam...

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:09 AM
Oh, did Serena play this year? Sorry, I hadn't noticed.

shes number one playing a handful of tourneys and has won 5 of the past 6 slams. if you wish ur girl could do that then :tape:

btw lets say Kim played as much (little) as Serena (basically halve her tournaments) hmmmmmm yup shes still right up Serenas ass in the rankings LMAO :D

and Dawn Marie....im not that good a player. honest ;):p

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:14 AM
Hmm, Serena didnīt play this year, huh?! Odd she still has won only one less title than the one thatīs played all year! She has won two out of three slams!! End of discussion! For all the impressive has been Serena still has 4 more titles than her over that span and BIGGER titles than Kim!!Serena: 12 titles: 5 slams( including FOUR IN A ROW!!!), two tier Iīs!! Come on, man.....no need to discuss whoīs the better player and TRUE no.1! :worship: :worship:

Dawn Marie
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:14 AM
"Oh, did Serena play this year? Sorry, I hadn't noticed".

Well Kim sure npticed. I am so sure she watched her holding up her grandslam trophies after she came off the airplane err airplane'S in Belgium.

Lisbeth
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:16 AM
Woohoo, great work Kim.

By the way, I'm not persecuted, just delighted! :bounce:

Certain other top players better watch out or Kim will be defending more titles than they even played in a year ;) (smacks self for catty remark :o )

Hendouble
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Dawn Marie, stop trying to gloat crudely over Clijsters' absence of Slam titles. She does at least have both the French and Wimbledon trophies to her name this year, even if they aren't in singles.

Dawn Marie
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Ok I gotta get to studying.

just want to state: Venus beat her down in Antwerp and played a FANTASTIC match on National Televised tv and beat Kim. Serena beat her down at Oz and many other slams.

As long as V@S are spanking that ass i am happy. What counts as tennis fan is the above fact. V@S OWN Kim and that my friends is BEAUTIFUL.\

Congrats to you Kimmie well done. You played a great tournament defeating tough opponents. Great job.:)

GoDominique
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Yeah, congrats to all Kim fans, great fave selection, well done. Especially if you consider how risky it was to pick Kim, as she never showed much promise.

Dawn Marie
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:23 AM
This message board is made for gloating.. come on now. without gloating this board would pack right up and DIE.

Hendouble
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:25 AM
Then honest to God, I wish it would. If that is the primary reason for its existence, then the world would be so much the richer for its absence.

disposablehero
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:26 AM
shes number one playing a handful of tourneys and has won 5 of the past 6 slams. if you wish ur girl could do that then :tape:

btw lets say Kim played as much (little) as Serena (basically halve her tournaments) hmmmmmm yup shes still right up Serenas ass in the rankings LMAO :D

and Dawn Marie....im not that good a player. honest ;):p

Not so far off. Give Kim the same 52 week events as Serena:
(4 Slams, 1 Championships, 3 Tier I, 4 Tier II)
Figure she got somewhere around 310 points for Stanford. That's 4819. In 12 events she is still far ahead of Venus, and only a grand behind Serena. And still climbing. She'll add hundreds of points to one of those Slam results soon.

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:32 AM
Problem is your Kimmy doesnīt have ANY slams!

Fingon
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:35 AM
Tour Chapionships
2 Tier I's
3 Tier II's
2 Tier III's

I thought you were talking about a new Buffy character :lol:

Fingon
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:44 AM
Figure she got somewhere around 310 points for Stanford. That's 4819. In 12 events she is still far ahead of Venus, and only a grand behind Serena. And still climbing. She'll add hundreds of points to one of those Slam results soon.

she earned 264 points, her total is 5,796 now

Sam L
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:55 AM
Problem is your Kimmy doesnīt have ANY slams!
The problem is you can be ranked #1 without slams. It's not written in the rules that you can't be.

See that's the problem, people go back and read the rules first, before starting these bitch-fests.

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:23 AM
The problem is that no one has become no.1 WITHOUT winning a GS first!!

disposablehero
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:38 AM

Whether or not you have ever won a Slam is irrelevant to the argument. Either you won one in the past 52 weeks, or it is irrelevant to the argument. When Lindsay held the ranking at the end of 2001, and when Martina held it for a good portion of 2000, the Slams that they had won 18 months or more previous were irrelevant to whether or not they should hold the #1 ranking. If Conchita was in the exact same position as Kim, would your attitude be "It's OK, because Conchita won a Slam 9 years ago"? I don't think so.

Sam L
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:41 AM
No woman has (Marcelo Rios has in men's). But that's besides the point. Nowhere in the WTA rankings rules, does it say that you can't be #1 without a GS. If and when it does, get back to me.

Ryan
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:54 AM
If Kim does reach #1 without winning a slam, it will only be testament to how amazing she has played the past 52 weeks. Getting to #1 without winning a slam may not be "worthy", but it's more impressive to be ranked ahead of everyone in your sport without winning one of the 4 majors IMO.

harloo
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Seriously, who thought Kim would lose today?

No suprise, and if she gets #1 then so be it. Who cares?

As long as V@S keep beating her then I'm fine with her status. lol

Serena does not play enough, and will not do so to hold the #1 spot. But watch once Kim is hyped up as #1, Serena will drop the gigs and show Kim who's boss.

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Becoming no.1 without a slam win is really impressive?! However u people turn it Kim hasnīt been better than Serena in any way, itīs just that she plays 10+ more tournaments than Serena. Since the start of 2002 Serena has been THE BEST player on tour! 12 tournaments, 5 slams( including 4 in a row), two tier Iīs, thatīs 4 more than Kim and Venus have!!

She has reached AT least the semiīs in all but two of her last 20 tournaments!! In fact since L.A. she has reached at least the semiīs of ALL her tournaments! Sorry, but there isnīt anything Kim has done that warrants anointing her as no.1 over Serena.

-Sonic-
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:26 AM
i am gonna get shot down to hell for this, but i was just wondering what people would be saying if kim had won the french open final.... Kim would be number 1 now right? if she would be 1 now, i can't decide at all what people would say.

a) "she has a slam but didn't beat a williams sister, just justine AGAIN" and so it doesn't count!! cakewalk draw kim strikes again!!"

b) "3 slams to one is a bad ratio. Serena is 3 times as better than kim. Why does Kim hold the number one ranking? she plays too much just so she can steal the ranking that she shouldn't have! rankings suck!!"

c) "Kim has a slam, many tier 1's, many tier 2's, rarely lost to anyone ranked far below her, and plays the right amount of tournaments for her. She's a true champion and deserves that spot in history".

I only wish it would be C.

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:30 AM
The problem is: She DIDNīT win the French!!

alexusjonesfan
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:32 AM
lol, I just got back :lol:
I can't believe how this thread started with people accusing Kim's fans of trying bring up the no.1 rank controversy and now it's devolved into yet another Kim vs. Serena for no.1 bitchfest.

If disposablehero was trying to make this into a Serena vs. Kim topic as some of you 'perceptive fans' claimed, you certainly took the bait :p

F-R-E-A-K
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Kim is the best!

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:55 AM
Kim is the best!
:haha: :haha:

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:01 AM
but seriously...I like Kim. I think it's good on her for getting to number one if she does. But she would clearly not be the best tennis player in the world, an honour held by Serena Williams. It's just hard for some people to grapple with that the best player in the world isn't ranked number 1. And there is even a real possibility that even if Serena wins the US Open, she could lose her number one ranking. That would mean winning 3 of the 4 majors this year, but still not being number 1, which is absurd. But good luck to Kim. And I'm hoping that ranking will help to boost Venus's ranking ;)...you know...bonus points :p

TennisHack
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:43 AM
If Kim does reach #1 without winning a slam, it will only be testament to how amazing she has played the past 52 weeks. Getting to #1 without winning a slam may not be "worthy", but it's more impressive to be ranked ahead of everyone in your sport without winning one of the 4 majors IMO.

Damn, the truth hurts sometimes :eek: Too bad all these perceptive people skipped right over the truth of this post in their haste to accuse Kim yet again of being unworthy.

Good thing you people never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer . . .

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:19 AM
The best player on clay this year won RG. There is no "should have" about it.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:21 AM
Damn, the truth hurts sometimes :eek: Too bad all these perceptive people skipped right over the truth of this post in their haste to accuse Kim yet again of being unworthy.

Good thing you people never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer . . .
Unfortunately, a good number of them do make this claim.

BigTennisFan
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:12 AM
I think everyone could take her ranking very seriously, I doubt anyone will care that much. If Clijsters is seeded no. 1 and Serena no. 2 at a Slam, it's fairly obvious who is the favourite if they were to meet in the final.

To be honest, I'm already thinking long-term with women's tennis; I'm going to start following it seriously in a couple of years' time when we have an end to the Williams-Belgium axis of evil and start getting some proper depth and competitiveness, some of it involving those highly touted young prospects from Eastern Europe who will achieve absolutely zero while the sisters are still around.

This is true Hen. But the problem is that you will probably have depth and parity but it will be because everyone playing will be mediocre.

You'll then have GS winners who won because they were the best of the mediocre.

But if everyone is mediocre, you really don't know what excellence looks like. Therefore in the long run, I guess it doesn't matter.

WtaTour4Ever
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:25 AM
As a Williams Fan here is my take.......

First off, how many times we will go down this freakin road........jeez.

If and/or when Kimmie gets the #1 ranking....I will give her Congrats of course its a great accomplishment ....to get so many points w/o a GS. If she doesn't win a slam within the next year then it becomes highly questionable but for now you CANNOT begrudge her for playing Tennis....and doing a pretty damn good job of it within the last year.

Secondly, I don't think she should be hassled to much b/c it is not like she is playing significantly more than she did last year...considering the injuries. Her #1 status is more of a factor that Serena doesnt' play...heard it 1000 times...I know, BUT......what should kim do....not play b/c she doesn't deserve #1....of course NOT. So its basically in Serena's hands........she is going to have to step it up in the indoor season when Kim has a lot to defend...or she may choose to accept #2 or whatever and continue to play they way she does.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this....and this goes out to fans of both camps getting in an uproar.....I highly doubt that if/when Kim gets #1 she will be running around proclaiming to be the "BEST" player in the world, similar to when Davenport ended the year #1 despite winning a slam and Cap and Venus both had 2 I believe.....but that is just my take on it anyway........

what will be interesting is how the commentators choose to discuss it at the slams....considering that the WS will probably be the favs at the Open regardless of Kim's rank.......esp with her ability to close out slam matches in question this year.

hingis-seles
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Hingis-Seles: tennis is a bitch right?

You got that right. And in Monica's case, getting old is a bitch too.

Filip!
Jul 28th, 2003, 10:51 AM

You're jealous, because Kim is having this great year! Sad for you!

Hulet
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Yeah, congrats to all Kim fans, great fave selection, well done. Especially if you consider how risky it was to pick Kim, as she never showed much promise.
In off chance that comment was a failed attempt at sarcasm ...
Why do some fans feel elitists(sp?) for choosing a low-ranked player to root for? I understand that it must be frustrating when your fave loses a lot to higher ranked player but I don't think that is a good reason to ruin the joy of those poor high-ranked player fans with sarcastic comments like "great selection on your fave, it's not as if you chose risky player", or outright insults like "you live through your fave". It's great you choose to support a low-ranked player (God, those players need the support) but it doesn't make you some superior fan and it doesn't make me tolerate your constant whining about the way I chose my faves and the way I decided to support them.

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:57 AM

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr whatever

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:58 AM
The best player on clay this year won RG. There is no "should have" about it.

the "best" doesnt always win

please know this

villa
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Who cares who's number one on a computer- nobody should- tennis is about winning matches and beating opponents and the only thing that makes me decide which player is better than another is who prevails in a match between two players-
I really hope kim and serena play next week so we can put this topic to bed and see who is better...
my guess wou;d be serena comfortably however all of you know that too but don't care about who is the better player....

Brαm
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Yay! Good job, Kim! :yeah: :D

sartrista7
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:14 PM

please know this

True, but the best DID win at RG this year.

Well done Kim blah, being in touch of No 1 without a Slam is testament to your consistency blah, but if you get to No 1 without winning the US Open I'd still take Serena or Justine's year over yours. I suspect you would too.

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:21 PM
if she wins the US she has the second best year no question

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:28 PM
But can she do it?! Does Kim really have the game to, depending on the draw, beat both Serena and Venus who have practically OWNED the open this century?! Donīt think so!

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:35 PM
she can do it

the question is will she do it?

Come-on-kim
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Congrats Kim!!!!

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:14 PM
She can, but it would take something VERY SPECIAL to beat the Williams at the Open.....remember that last two times the one who won it didnīt even drop a set, so itīs clear that the surface is to their liking. And Iīm afraid that as good as Kim is, she doesnīt posess that special thing to beat the Williams at the Open.

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:31 PM
i disagree. the sisters are great but not invincible. the USO hardcourt surface suits their game in a great way, but while its a struggle to beat one if not two of them, its not impossible. Venus may not even play due to injury (i hope to god she does) and there is all possibility they could be in the same half

if they come out playing the Serena Aus Open semi type game, Kim has the waiting game to punish them....and im sure shes learnt from being 5-1 up now (although maybe not 4-1 up)

i wouldnt bet against Williams being engraved on that trophy once again....its just not set in stone until that saturday night

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:36 PM
^ ROFL! at your sig, babe.

I'm pretty sure a Williams will win the USO but it's not a certainty. :D

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Cari's on the floor :eek:

i better take my chance ;)

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:46 PM
oh gawd... don't start! :p

Go Kim. see I'm on topic. ;)

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:50 PM
cmon u know "topic" isnt what you wanna be on right now

davai Kim ;)

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:08 PM
touché. I want to be on somebody... :o

Vamos Kim. ;)

CondiLicious
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Kim won't win the US Open. Monica will :lol:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:13 PM
:lol: at that

CondiLicious
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:16 PM
:lol: at that

You think it's funny but you have no idea *tribute to MTV Diary*

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:18 PM
This is the diary of DivaMonicaSeles. :p

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:20 PM
touché. I want to be on somebody... :o

Vamos Kim. ;)

i know who i would like to be on me right now :o

allez Kim ;)

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:24 PM
*cough* I know who that is *cough*

Va Kim

CondiLicious
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:29 PM
You think it's funny but you have no idea *tribute to MTV Diary*

July 28, 2003

Go to wtaworld to see Kim's chances of a US Open victory being discussed. Laugh out loud. It's just not gonna happen. I have sight beyond sight. Feel hair. Still wet. Decide to get breakfast.

I think I know what I'm gonna eat but i have no idea.

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:36 PM
*cough* I know who that is *cough*

Va Kim

yea where is Mase right now?

komaan kim

Mase
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Oh Im always around... you just call me.. hahahahaha!

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:52 PM
He's like a roach; Mase only goes away when the lights come on. :lol: :haha:

It's ya birfday, Kimmy!

DA FOREHAND
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:10 PM
You're jealous, because Kim is having this great year! Sad for you!

I disagree, Kim hasn't had a "great" year, it's been a good year, but great would have a slam singles title to her name. Sounds like a best of the rest argument. No she's not slaying all comers like Serena (02/03) or Venus(00/01) but dog gone it she's beating everybody but the Williams sisters. I could make you a top 15 great seasons list, and Kim's year wouldn't make the cut.

CONGRATS KIM YOU'RE HAVEING A GOOD SEASON.........for you.

Diya
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Another "ruined" thread !

What an "accomplishment" ! :rolleyes: ;)

Its amazing how Kim keeps going on and on . IMHO She deserves the # 1 spot !

CondiLicious
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Another "ruined" thread !

What an "accomplishment" ! :rolleyes: ;)

Yes you should be very proud of yourself

bandabou
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Well said Da forehand. Kimīs having a good year, no question. But by no means is it a great year. A great years means that you have won at more than one slams and beat all comers.....things that Kim hasnīt done yet. Serenaīs having a great year: two slams and beaten all comers!

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:40 PM

please know this
No shit, Sherlock. This time the best did win.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Why do some fans feel elitists(sp?) for choosing a low-ranked player to root for? I understand that it must be frustrating when your fave loses a lot to higher ranked player...

It's really not all that frusterating. It's expected.

(I assure you all that the immense dislike I harboured for Moya this weekend is always present ;))

Ryan
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Thank you TennisHack. ;)

Kim has had an exceptionally good year, but nto a great year. Great would be winning a slam, OR winning everything she played but the slams. ;)

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:54 PM

:tape:

Ryan
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:58 PM

Yes, thats about right.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Gee, that makes for an awfully nice debate. Is this how one cedes their point on this board?

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Gee, that makes for an awfully nice debate. Is this how one cedes their point on this board?

if ur trying to bait i suggest fishing is for you

thank you

SJW

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:06 PM
your wit astounds me...no really :rolleyes:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:09 PM

I'm going to be quiet because some people are not worth the keystrokes.

SJW, I want to go fishing... if you wear that special bikini... :drool:

Ryan
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:10 PM

And your comeback to her post is like, amazing.

dementieva_4ever
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:10 PM
i dont care who wins the us open, as long as it isn't serena...by the way, this is gonna be dementieva's year at the us open...:)

DA FOREHAND
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:12 PM
The only way Dementieva wins a slam is if there's a major boycott, or it's along the lines of the Tauziat-v- Novotna Wimby final.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:13 PM

thank you

SJW
Bait? Please, if you think that I consider you worth baiting then you have another thing coming. I was merely questioning your opinion. If the point of a messageboard was to agree with each other, post loving smilies and discuss our cyber relations with one another, then somebody forgot to mail me the instruction manual.

I have a point, and so far you have shown that you are incapable of anything other than shallow thought. You are welcome to support your point...the door IS open.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:18 PM
I'll consider that a compliment from a poster who doesn't have the intellectual capacity to fathom how people could not possibly find Brandy as attractive as he does.

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Bait? Please, if you think that I consider you worth baiting then you have another thing coming. I was merely questioning your opinion. If the point of a messageboard was to agree with each other, post loving smilies and discuss our cyber relations with one another, then somebody forgot to mail me the instruction manual.

I have a point, and so far you have shown that you are incapable of anything other than shallow thought. You are welcome to support your point...the door IS open.

dont worry, about a thing, cos every little thing, is gonna be alright, singin, dont worry, about a thing, cos every little thing, is gonna be alright-Bob Marley, Three Little Birds

stay be happy :) :hug: :smooch:

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:22 PM
dont worry, about a thing, cos every little thing, is gonna be alright, singin, dont worry, about a thing, cos every little thing, is gonna be alright-Bob Marley, Three Little Birds

stay be happy :)
If you aren't here to discuss tennis, what are you here for? Shits and giggles?

DA FOREHAND
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Let's see which one of them is going to be smart and jump off the see-saw first and let the other fall on thier ass.

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:24 PM
im here to enjoy myself

Bitterness awareness meeting for demented characters isnt wtaworld sweetheart :hug:

Crazy Canuck
Let's see which one of them is going to be smart and jump off the see-saw first and let the other fall on thier ass.
Seriously... is anybody on this board intelligent, or do you all have IQs of dogshit? 5 of you insulting me does nothing to change the fact that you are all still idiots...until you decide to step up and prove otherwise, of course.

SJW
Rebecca needs a hug......all together now :hug:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:25 PM
yes, wtaworld should be more about love and not fighting...

I'm putting $90 on SJW... do we have any more bids *whistles*

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Rebecca needs a hug......all together now :hug:
SJW needs a fucking brain.

Are you going to back up your arguement, or is this your way of making it evident that you never had one in the first place?

It's upsetting that people can be this stupid.

harloo
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:27 PM
when it comes to kim only 3 players have her #. Venus and Serena has her, but Justine is gaining momentum. Justine beat her in the FO final, and in Ordina she was about to beat her down until she had the wrist problem. IMO, the tennis gods was getting juju back for, well...you know what? ROTF..

But anyways, I think Justine is picking it up and stepping ahead of Kim somewhat. Kim gets these easy draws, but they are not doing her any good. However, I think she will break through soon in the slams soon maybe not this year though.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Anyhow, I'm going to work. Yes, that's right: I have a job (though not one that I'm particularly proud of). Something that a good deal of you really ought to consider.

You have roughly ten hours to continue to foam at the mouth like idiots, or decide to act like you have a fucking brain and discuss tennis.

Your call.

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:28 PM
<-- has a job and is in college, majoring in pre- high school education in history...

but still has time to post on wtaworld... damn I'm smooth.

I find the whole 'get a life and stop posting' thing extremely comical coming from someone with 16000+ posts. is it just me?

Crazy Canuck
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:29 PM
when it comes to kim only 3 players have her #. Venus and Serena has her, but Justine is gaining momentum. Justine beat her in the FO final, and in Ordina she was about to beat her down until she had the wrist problem. IMO, the tennis gods was getting juju back for, well...you know what? ROTF..

But anyways, I think Justine is picking it up and stepping ahead of Kim somewhat. Kim gets these easy draws, but they are not doing her any good. However, I think she will break through soon in the slams soon maybe not this year though.
Justine is really only better than Kim on clay (some will argue grass as well, but I won't). Seeing as RG is on clay, the best player won.

I really can't break it down any simpler than that ;)

Good day, everybody :wavey:

DA FOREHAND
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Seriously... is anybody on this board intelligent, or do you all have IQs of dogshit? 5 of you insulting me does nothing to change the fact that you are all still idiots...until you decide to step up and prove otherwise, of course.

Perhaps you're a little punch drunk. Where have I insulted you? When I stated which on of "them"(becca/sjw)....apparently both of you are willing to just going on and on w/this back and forth. Can either of you even remember what you're yappin about?

harloo
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:30 PM
yes, wtaworld should be more about love and not fighting...

I'm putting $90 on SJW... do we have any more bids *whistles*

me I'll go 91.05 :D

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:31 PM

Are you going to back up your arguement, or is this your way of making it evident that you never had one in the first place?

i have a "fucking brain" honey :kiss:

i seriously think the only one ur arguing with here is yourself....i stated the best player doesnt always win, you come up with a curse-ridden reply-i dont say anything, you pick a fight like a 3 year old picks their nose.

its upsetting that being virginal can do this to you :sad:

you go around saying you wish people would grow up then post a series of anal and quite rude posts

babygirl argue with your head and not ur ass

have fun at work :wavey:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:32 PM
harloo... damn you're bustin' my balls, you're bustin' my balls...

whew-k, I'm going $90.10... any more bids?

alexusjonesfan
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:33 PM
why oh why must this go on :mad:

but I'll help it along anyway :p

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:34 PM

help by placing a bid.

harloo
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:35 PM
harloo... damn you're bustin' my balls, you're bustin' my balls...

whew-k, I'm going $90.10... any more bids?

cari, you cheater. you can't bid lower!!! :fiery:

93.06 is my last bid. Can't spend all my cigarette money. lol

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:36 PM
rofl, I typed my bid wrong... well it's not like it's ebay. :o

ok, fine... we'll see who wins... I think I know who won but I'm biased. :o

CondiLicious
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Don't need to swear to get a point across. :angel:

Actually... back on topic... yes there is actually some kind of discussion going on here... I think if Serena doesn't win then Kim will. It would be nice. I like her and she works very very hard.

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Anyhow, I'm going to work. Yes, that's right: I have a job (though not one that I'm particularly proud of). Something that a good deal of you really ought to consider.

You have roughly ten hours to continue to foam at the mouth like idiots, or decide to act like you have a fucking brain and discuss tennis.

Your call.

i go to school and have a job which im hella proud of....maybe YOU should consider :wavey:

CondiLicious
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:41 PM
i go to school and have a job which im hella proud of....maybe YOU should consider :wavey:

I don't go to school or have a job cos its summer and I'm on a vacation type thing where I do nothing all day but eat too many doughnuts and swim and play tennis and go to the beach.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:42 PM
I'll consider that a compliment from a poster who doesn't have the intellectual capacity to fathom how people could not possibly find Brandy as attractive as he does.
geez...they sure don't make them like you anymore :lol:. Becca baby....sticks and stones :kiss:. And yes, Brandy is the prettiest woman alive, with the best singing voice ever :hearts:. And next time Becca...it's Mr. Idiot to you :kiss:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:43 PM
um... did the pseudo lesbo party move over here... :tape:

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:45 PM

Your call.
well Beccs...see my mom decided that studying law is challenging enough, so she gives me all the money I'll need. No work for me :). I can spend all day and all night fighting on a stupid messageboard :haha:. I have no life :haha:. So all your insults and shallow attempts at wit, goes over quite well with me :). I have all day and nothing better to do than fight :kiss:.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:46 PM
P.s. I have no fucking brain :haha:

alexusjonesfan
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:46 PM
um... did the pseudo lesbo party move over here... :tape:

lol, well you know, wherever cari and sjw go...

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:47 PM
gosh Cari...that gives me some ideas :p

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:47 PM
I'd eat you raw girl :drool:

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Rebecca

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by SerenaJWilliams

please know this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SerenaJWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca

Rebecca

Quote:

SerenaJWilliams

Quote:

thank you

SJW

Rebecca

Quote:

thank you

SJW

SerenaJWilliams

Quote:

stay be happy

Rebecca

Quote:

stay be happy

If you aren't here to discuss tennis, what are you here for? Shits and giggles?

SerenaJWilliams

Bitterness awareness meeting for demented characters isnt wtaworld sweetheart

Rebecca

Quote:
Rebecca needs a hug......all together now

SerenaJWilliams

Quote:

i have a "fucking brain" honey

i seriously think the only one ur arguing with here is yourself....i stated the best player doesnt always win, you come up with a curse-ridden reply-i dont say anything, you pick a fight like a 3 year old picks their nose.

its upsetting that being virginal can do this to you

you go around saying you wish people would grow up then post a series of anal and quite rude posts

have fun at work

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ============================

:rolleyes:

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:48 PM
maybe Becca needs some TLC from Cari and SJW :lol:

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:50 PM
Brandyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :worship: :worship: :hearts: :hearts:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:50 PM
OMG... ROFALDFJASLJFKSDALFKJSALFJAS!!!!!!!!

:tape: :tape: :tape:

<-- doesn't know how to respond to that...

Well, I'd hope you eat me raw because me cooked wouldn't be too good since my eyes would be x's. :p

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:51 PM
lol, well you know, wherever cari and sjw go...

I OBJECT! :tape:

Shuji Shuriken
OMG... ROFALDFJASLJFKSDALFKJSALFJAS!!!!!!!!

<-- doesn't know how to respond to that...

Well, I'd hope you eat me raw because me cooked wouldn't be too good since my eyes would be x's. :p
:haha: :tape:

Cariaoke
no comment :tape:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:52 PM
oh yeah, go Kimmy! :D

Ryan
SJW- Very nice to see you've learned how to copy and paste.

Shuji Shuriken
by the way...this ----> :tape: is fast becoming my favourite smiley since it fucks with people so much :tape:

SJW
I'd eat you raw girl :drool:

:tape::tape::tape::tape::tape:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:53 PM
:tape: is my favorite smilie.... it says enough without saying much. :tape:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:53 PM
babe, I might have to quote that in my sig... it's so classic.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:54 PM
:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:55 PM
or maybe I can post :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: as a testament to how dumb I am :tape: :tape: :lol:

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:55 PM
SJW- Very nice to see you've learned how to copy and paste.

yea all by myself aint that something? :tape:

but seriously....is there something you want or.....??? :tape:

oh yea Cari komaan Kim!! :D

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:56 PM

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:58 PM
davai kim...

Ryan
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:58 PM

or....? Copy and paste I guess is a long way off from finishing coherent sentences.

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:00 PM
or....? Copy and paste I guess is a long way off from finishing coherent sentences.

why is everyone trying to pick a fight with me? ill end it here DONT SPEAK TO ME :tape:

allez Kim :bounce:

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:00 PM
:tape: :tape:...look who Becca left behind...her lapd...nah :tape: :tape: :tape:

CondiLicious
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:01 PM

Yes its a shame we are unable to achieve the lofty heights of your mental capacity. I want to be able to spell coherant.

CondiLicious
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:01 PM
:tape: :tape:...look who Becca left behind...her lapd...nah :tape: :tape: :tape:

I told sjw it would happen...

Ryan
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:02 PM

...Says the person who can only mimic what SJW and cari say.

Hawk
whoa look at all the bitching in here! :o

Cariaoke

:bounce: :bounce: Va Kim. Represente el negro, el rojo y el amarillo bien.

Shuji Shuriken
Yes its a shame we are unable to achieve the lofty heights of your mental capacity. I want to be able to spell coherant.
:haha: :haha: :tape:

Ryan
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:03 PM

I never said I was smart, but I can finish sentences and don't have to resort to :tape: all the time.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:03 PM
...Says the person who can only mimic what SJW and cari say.
:p...what else did you expect? I'm an idiot on top of being a Brandy fan without a job :tape: :tape:

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:04 PM
I never said I was smart, but I can finish sentences and don't have to resort to :tape: all the time.

Cariaoke
ok... diva just made me laugh. :haha:

Gekommen auf Kim.

Ryan
:p...what else did you expect? I'm an idiot on top of being a Brandy fan without a job :tape: :tape:

There you go, can't argue with that.

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:05 PM
I didn't know intelligence was measured by how many smilies you don't use.

Vindo em Kim.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:06 PM
There you go, can't argue with that.
you betcha :tape: :tape: :tape: :lol:

CondiLicious
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:06 PM

:lol:

Back on topic... Kim has 8 titles and no slam. And could soon be #1... Discuss. Each reponse must have at least 50 letters and no more than 3 smilies.

:)

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:07 PM
seriously acting like a lesbian is better than this shit :tape:

Ryan im sorry ur intellectual self has a problem with the smilie :tape: i seriously am

and if ur gonna be bitchinator of the day part II i seriously think u should reconsider.

make LOVE not war (Cari ;):p)

errrrrr Cmon Kim (dammit Cari u made me go back to the English! :tape: )

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:07 PM

Back on topic... Kim has 8 titles and no slam. And could soon be #1... Discuss. Each reponse must have at least 50 letters and no more than 3 smilies.

I p r tuy yis sut :lol: l p e t u a :tape: I = fool :tape:

Hawk
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:08 PM

50 letters?! Pfff...I don't wanna type that much :p

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:08 PM
thanks for the ground rules, Diva. I now feel like I'm worthy enough to reply to this thread.

Kim is great. She has 8 titles. I am proud of her. She might become #1 soon. Kim is having a good year. All the best to her. If she reaches #1, I'll be happy. If she doesn't, I'll be happy. I hope she wins a slam, soon. That is all. :tape: :D ;) :haha, oh shoot I'm over my smilie limit, sorry.

alfajeffster
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:09 PM
On topic- this situation is very similar to Marcelo Rios' ascendency to the #1 throne a couple of years ago. Yes, he got to the final of the AusOpen (remember the Korda cartwheel?), and won quite a few big tournaments, but he never seemed to be able to get over the choking in majors.

Years ago, Gabriela Sabatini had the same problem, and she benefitted from a bad line call on match point against Graf in the 1990 U.S. Open, and never won another major.

Does Kim have the chutzpah to win a major? I don't know...

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Kim becoming number one

she deserves it. Serena doesnt play enough. she can have it. i want the slams. i wish she won RG this year. if she wins the USO then davai. has had an amazing year. is an amazing player. is an even better person. doesnt deserve a lot of shit, is still THE best belgian :tape: go Kim, luv ya honey

CondiLicious
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:11 PM
thanks for the ground rules, Diva. I now feel like I'm worthy enough to reply to this thread.

Kim is great. She has 8 titles. I am proud of her. She might become #1 soon. Kim is having a good year. All the best to her. If she reaches #1, I'll be happy. If she doesn't, I'll be happy. I hope she wins a slam, soon. That is all. :tape: :D ;) :haha, oh shoot I'm over my smilie limit, sorry.

All together now:

All we need is love dadadadada all we need is love dadadadadada

I feel the same way about Kim as you do Cari *nods*

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:12 PM
hey how many letters was mine then?? :angel:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:17 PM
pssshhhf... baby I can't count unless it's to ten while we're... um... cheering on Kim! :tape:

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:18 PM
well get neked and ill be able to count to 12 :tape:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:21 PM
oh dear... babe, we are trying to stay on topic.

Let's go, Kim! :tape:

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:29 PM

you guys staying on topic is like you trying to stay off of each other :tape: :tape: :tape:

hingis-seles
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:30 PM
ok

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:31 PM
ok

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:34 PM

go Kim at Acura :tape:

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:41 PM
go Kim at Acura :tape:
:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

hingis-seles
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:43 PM

:tape: to you too.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:44 PM
:tape: to you too.
:p :tape: :tape: :tape:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:46 PM
:tape: this thread is bonkers! :tape:

Davai Kim!

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:46 PM
no dick is Bonkers ;)

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:47 PM
oh yea vamos Kim :tape:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:48 PM
yeah, Dick is bonkers.

Vindo en Kim!

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:58 PM
no dick is Bonkers ;)

:rolleyes: :tape: :tape:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:01 PM
:tape: :tape:

Komaan Kim!

SJW
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:01 PM
no Cari.....literally.....he has been "Bonkers" :tape:

Cariaoke
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:02 PM
:tape: :tape: babe, I know... it's sad.... :tape:

Vamos Kimmy!

disposablehero
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:20 AM
I was excited to see this discussion still continuing and gaining so many posts. Unfortunately, once I read, I discovered the discussion ended several pages ago.

Ryan
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:22 AM
I was excited to see this discussion still continuing and gaining so many posts. Unfortunately, once I read, I discovered the discussion ended several pages ago.

You must feel cheated, because the discussion before the pesudo lesbiams took over was riveting.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Tour Chapionships
2 Tier I's
3 Tier II's
2 Tier III's

Here we go kim fans and the persecution complex.

at any rate go kim!

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Here we go kim fans and the persecution complex.

at any rate go kim!

that's really hillarious coming from you. :angel:

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:34 AM

:haha:

sorry, you are so naive some times, discussion here ...
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Wow.. "I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you!" The reasoning of an 8 year old. Funny that you felt the need to defend yourself over a comment I made about the board in general :D

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:43 AM
geez...they sure don't make them like you anymore :lol:. Becca baby....sticks and stones :kiss:. And yes, Brandy is the prettiest woman alive, with the best singing voice ever :hearts:. And next time Becca...it's Mr. Idiot to you :kiss:
Just for the record, I happen to think that Brandy is just swell. I think you missed the point, though.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:44 AM
that's really hillarious coming from you. :angel:

I would really like to know why because so far it sounds like a bald face lie, hmm now that I think about it it makes perfect sense coming from you.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:46 AM
i have a "fucking brain" honey :kiss:

its upsetting that being virginal can do this to you :sad:

have fun at work :wavey:
Please don't call me "honey". I'm not something that you spread on your toast.

What exactly does "virginity" have to do with anything? Did you want to start a discussion with me about the virtues of sex? Is this some sort of sexual repression leaking through? ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:47 AM
I could make a remark about frigidity now, but Im not that crass....

most of the time.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:50 AM
by the way...this ----> :tape: is fast becoming my favourite smiley since it fucks with people so much :tape:
So THAT is why people use it. Here I was thinking that they used it because they couldn't come up with the words...

alexusjonesfan
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:50 AM
I could make a remark about frigidity now,

you just did

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:53 AM
I could make a remark about frigidity now, but Im not that crass....

most of the time.
You see, this is one of my pet peeves *rant time*

People who say "I could say something about that right now... but I won't!", automatically make it obvious that they are immature. That is something that little girls say to each other when they are 12 and want to make the other one jealous or upset or whatever. I'm astounded that an "adult" actually does this... although to be honest, I know a few in real life who do it still. Needless to say, ALL of them are idiots.

I also hate people who look at you, squeal and say "OMG YOU HAVE BUG ON YOU!"...yet refuse to point out where it is. Why bring my attention to something that I can do nothing about it? It's awfully selfish to give such a reaction, get me worked up over a fucking bug, and do nothing to get rid of it; ie point out where it is, or smack it off.

If one is just going to be an idiot, why say anything at all?

CondiLicious
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Yes I'm starting to think cari and sjw are sexually repressed. Everyone should be nice to each other and stop dissing Kim and stop making fun of her fans and let the players do the talking with their tennis.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:57 AM
You see, this is one of my pet peeves *rant time*

People who say "I could say something about that right now... but I won't!", automatically make it obvious that they are immature. That is something that little girls say to each other when they are 12 and want to make the other one jealous or upset or whatever. I'm astounded that an "adult" actually does this... although to be honest, I know a few in real life who do it still. Needless to say, ALL of them are idiots.

I also hate people who look at you, squeal and say "OMG YOU HAVE BUG ON YOU!"...yet refuse to point out where it is. Why bring my attention to something that I can do nothing about it? It's awfully selfish to give such a reaction, get me worked up over a fucking bug, and do nothing to get rid of it; ie point out where it is, or smack it off.

If one is just going to be an idiot, why say anything at all?

One of my pet peeves involves people who act "mature" and then devolve into their true bratty insecure and verbally challenged rant of "you have shit for brains". Oh yes how clever and witty and mature of you. :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Apparently.

Here is what I want to know: why is it that I have not developed the ability to have entire conversations using smilies? Do I just not have the intellectual capacity required to understand the deep thoughts that are the very foundation of these conversations? Thoughts?

Fingon
I would really like to know why because so far it sounds like a bald face lie, hmm now that I think about it it makes perfect sense coming from you.

Cybelle, would you mind looking for the meaning of words in the dictionnary? I really have problems following you.

"that's really hillarious coming from you",

hmmm what can be a lie there?

:confused:

I really think you need your medication, pronto

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:58 AM
One of my pet peeves involves people who act "mature" and then devolve into their true bratty insecure and verbally challenged rant of "you have shit for brains". Oh yes how clever and witty and mature of you. :rolleyes:
Oh, I'm many things Cybelle, but I can assure you that "inscure" is not one of them. I'm quite the arrogant prick, if I do say so myself. You should try it.

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:00 AM

What exactly does "virginity" have to do with anything? Did you want to start a discussion with me about the virtues of sex? Is this some sort of sexual repression leaking through? ;)

you don't necessarily spread honey on a toast, there are other places :devil:

anyway, maybe virginity is bad for the brain, and you can't think properly

(I guess whores are real genious).

or maybe some people think with ... you know

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Oh, I'm many things Cybelle, but I can assure you that "inscure" is not one of them. I'm quite the arrogant prick, if I do say so myself. You should try it.

Hun, or should I say honey, I don't need to be an arrogant prick precisely because I am secure. Funny how that works. You should try it.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:01 AM
Cybelle, would you mind looking for the meaning of words in the dictionnary? I really have problems following you.

"that's really hillarious coming from you",

hmmm what can be a lie there?

:confused:

I really think you need your medication, pronto

Its official. You are the living definition of ignorant. Enjoy.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Hun, or should I say honey, I don't need to be an arrogant prick precisely because I am secure. Funny how that works. You should try it.
Thanks, Dr Cybelle, I will take that into consideration ;)

Crazy Canuck
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:03 AM
BURN!

Fingon you must just be itching to read such a slam from the most intelligent person on the internet!

Fingon
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:04 AM

:yawn:

sorry, ok you win.

disposablehero
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Funny that the living definition of ignorant spells better in his second language than 90% of the Americans on this board do in their only one.

TennisHack
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Funny that the living definition of ignorant spells better in his second language than 90% of the Americans on this board do in their only one.

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:17 AM
well if spelling is the height of your intellectual powers well godspeed.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:20 AM
BURN!

Fingon you must just be itching to read such a slam from the most intelligent person on the internet!

actually its not a slam its just the truth as i see it. I haven't bothered to "flame" anyone on this board since I have been here.

Dawn Marie
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Lmao@ the Williams fans in here you guys have me laughing so hard. Cari, Serena J. Dick and Cybel the humour and comebacks in here are really funny and spot on.

Fingon, you didn't get what Cybel was trying to tell you. "When you stated that his post was hilarious" then he came back and said "it sounds like a lie" he was only mocking your sarcasm.

Oh well, this is adorable Cari and Swj keep this up you all be crackin me up. Really the humour is truely funny.

I got $93.99 on the bid. Oh yeah Go Kimmie.:)

Hey Harloo:)

CondiLicious
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:56 AM
I always wonder about the mental capacity of people who feel the need to curse in their posts so often just to get their point across. Um... why????

:tape: :tape: :tape: (so I can reach my smilie quota)

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:11 PM
You must feel cheated, because the discussion before the pesudo lesbiams took over was riveting.

BULLSHIT! (my Australian side coming through)

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Wow.. "I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you!" The reasoning of an 8 year old. Funny that you felt the need to defend yourself over a comment I made about the board in general :D

BULLSHIT!!!! (Aussie Aussie Aussie)

vamos Kim!!!! :tape:

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:14 PM

sorry sweetheart :kiss:

dont you know what lack of sex has to do with being cranky??? :confused:

actually.........never mind :tape:

KOMAAN KIM!

DunkMachine
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:15 PM
I always wonder about the mental capacity of people who feel the need to curse in their posts so often just to get their point across. Um... why????

:tape: :tape: :tape: (so I can reach my smilie quota)

What does cursing have to do with mental capacity?! It's a form of expression.

Diya
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Thank God some posters are now complaining about a few posters ruining threads with their inane conversations which they can carry on in the numerous "chat" threads in the Non-tennis section. :rolleyes:

BTW back to the topic , with Serena not playing and Jennifer slightly injured chances are that the "Unworthy one" could add another title to her already impressive tally . What more she could also get to # 1 !!

Go Kim :bounce:

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:28 PM
BULLSHIT! :tape:

davai Kimmy :bounce:

Diya
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Yes "BULLSHIT" is what someone's posts here are full off ;)

SJW
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:33 PM
BULLSHIT :tape: