PDA

View Full Version : Iva Majoli

Joana
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:51 PM
It seem like many people think her RG was a fluke, and that she wasn't really worth it. I disagree. IMO Iva is an underachiever, she was one of the rare players who played agressive and attacking tennis back in the days, and I think she should have achieved more, especially in pre-Davenport/Williams era.
On the other hand, she clearly lost her focus after she had won RG, and then the injuries came and everything was pretty much over for her.
She was way better than Lucic IMO, and she was much less hyped and spoken about than her.

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:57 PM
I love IVA! I am disappointed to see that she doesn't appear to be showing up for either of the first 2 Cali tournis though especially since she was originally committed to both. Iva's problems right now are both mental and physical, but I truly hope she can overcome both and make a few more amazing runs.

fammmmedspin
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:36 PM
if you saw Iva play Steffi as a 14 year old at the FO you know RG97 was not a fluke regardless of her other really good performances. Hope she pulls it all together for a few more runs at titles - hopefully she is still enjoying herself and she is still young enough to do a Coetzer, Van Roost,Testud or a Tauziat if she works it out.

irma
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:43 PM
at the french open 93 she sounded very motivated about being number 1 soon and stuf but somewhere she lost a little bit of that motivation. (already before french 97) was that because she realized it was not that easy as it sounded when she started to play?

just wondering

Gowza
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:33 PM
so far she has been better than lucic. iva has won a grand slam, lucic hasn't but that doesn't mean that lucic can't be better than iva in the future. personally i think lucic is one of the most talented players in this generation. it was unfortunate what has happened to both players but i hope lucic can fix things up and at least reach the top 50 again in the future.

bello
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:41 PM
I think injury and bouts out of tennis were the major factor on Iva's career, and i think she did acheive some great results while she was up tyhere, but definately could have done a bit more if injury didnt force her to have these pauses and stuff