PDA

View Full Version : how will williams fans react to the stanford final??

hollywood7172
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:20 PM
since i am a cappy/venus/hingis fan, i qualify for an answer. my pick : cAPRIATI BABY.

WHAT ABOUT you rest williams fans? aside from an open-minded few, it seems most williams fans HATE any of the sisters competition: first hingis, then capriati, then clijsters, now henin-cheating bastard-hardenne. who, oh just who, will be williams fans cheering for when cappy plays clijsters at the stanford finals???

will they 1. be petty and root for neither and ignore the whole event like true tennis fans SHOULDN"T?

or 2. cheer for the american??

or cheer for kimmy because capriati, once upon a long time ago, said some less than flattering remarks about serena and her daddy?

OR: williams fans will be open minded and actually care about a final without V&S and pick a side purely for athletic reasons.

....i am shivering in excitement at the replies. Teerexx, cybelle, vsforever, topshotta, where are you?????????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

irma
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:24 PM
everybody jumped on the cappy bandwagon now :spit:

Hulet
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Provided that you are just curious and are not trying to create another fighting thread, my answer is Jenn. She is my 4th fave and would always root her to win if she is not playing the sisters.

RYNJ
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Go Jennifer!

Becool
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:30 PM
cheer for the american?

I'm sorry but there are Williams fans that are not americans.. Of course most of them are, but I can assure you that also there is a great part that's not.. :rolleyes:

I'm going to cheer for Jennifer, because Kim is threatning Serena's ranking, and also because Jennifer deserves a title... :o

selesrules
If Kim wins, will she be no.1?

Cybelle Darkholme
The reason I was against martina is that she said some shady and hateful things. I guess her Half a man comment made you feel all warm and fuzzy. She matured even though she never apologized.

Capriati also said some mean spirited things. Though she, why not maturing, at least learned to keep a civil tongue.

Never disliked kim. She's lovely if a bit one dimensional.

Never disliked justine until she started that shady hand business and then refused to acknowledge she did anything wrong. so :rolleyes: to her.

Go Jen Go usa. Though she will have her hands full with kim.

cirelowe
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:31 PM
I, for one, will vehemently support Kim Clijsters! I would like for her to replace Serena as the number 1 player in the world. Kim deserves the ranking!

Moving forward, I suspect that Kim she would this tournament, along with the 2 other remainding California tournaments, which should put her pretty close to the number 1 ranking!

Go - Kimmie!

Cire

venusfan
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Williams fan here and though I could care less about the stanford final... I will have to go for the capster...

hollywood7172
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:43 PM
well, so far the williams fans have been much more open minded and mature than i thought. good thing. may we, as a tennis community, see more unity than pettiness. tennis is an awesome sport, let's not forget that.

sartrista7
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Capriati also said some mean spirited things. Though she, why not maturing, at least learned to keep a civil tongue.

There's nothing Capriati's said which Serena hasn't.

I'm not a Williams fan, I'm a Venus fan (they are two separate people, after all), and while I support neither Jen nor Kim, at the end of the day I prefer Jen.

Hulet
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:48 PM

I disagree. For example, I am sure serena have never said, "harder xavier, harder!"

PointBlank
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:50 PM
Kim wont be #1 if she wins but i really love jenny and she hasnt won a title in 18months but, kim if she wins wont be #1 but has long has she is inching closer to it

sartrista7
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:51 PM
You never know... I'd hazard that Serena gets around more than we think ;)

Knizzle
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:55 PM
I, for one, will vehemently support Kim Clijsters! I would like for her to replace Serena as the number 1 player in the world. Kim deserves the ranking!

Moving forward, I suspect that Kim she would this tournament, along with the 2 other remainding California tournaments, which should put her pretty close to the number 1 ranking!

Go - Kimmie!

Cire

I can't wait to hear the reasoning behind this one!!

Are you on the Clijsters bandwagon now?? I thought you were a true blue Capriati fan.

Amanda
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Congratulations Kim and Jennifer!

shap_half
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:04 PM
now henin-cheating bastard-hardenne.
ok can people get over it? is is possible for people to mature over the situation and get over it. serena seems to have done so, why can't the fans do the same? seeing as how this affected her more than anyone else in the world, everyone should just let the situation die down.

Rocketta
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Uh, I will be going for Jennifer. I don't root for Jennifer often but actually I've started to feel sorry for her cause she keeps drawing Serena. I'm not a fan now but was once one until she kept letting jealousy spill out of her mouth, thats my opinion on her Serena comments. However, I've never ever been a Kim fan. There is nothing that excites me about the girl. I've never hated her either. See that's worse she inspires no emotion in me whats so ever so I'm always going to pick someone over her. Except for two, Hingis and now Henin. Henin was fine with me until the comments after the French. :sad:

decemberlove
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:07 PM
it seems to me that quite a lot of williams fans like kimmy.

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:15 PM
i will be going for Jennifer as i AM a diehard Jenn fan also (Hollywood u know this :D) and my thread wasnt because of "the threat kim poses to the sisters"

i love Jen cos shes real, she has an insatiable desire and because she can curse better than me

vamos baby :)

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:16 PM
btw....i like Kim and i dont like Justine (for like 2 years now so this aint no French Open bandwagon hopping shit)

Volcana
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:27 PM
As a Williams fan, I can't say I have a rooting interest either way. Jenn's the American, so I'll probably find myslef rooting for her. Also, Jenn is clearly the underdog, so all those people who root for the underdog vs the sisters will surely be rooting for Jen here, right?

WHatI'm really hoping is that they both don't just hang around the baseline, hitting the ball hard, but tenn feet away from the sidelines and the end lines. These are the two most defensive minded of the elite players. (Yeah, Venus is 'defense-first' too, but she goes for the lines at the first opportunity.) This could be Bjorn Borg vs Guillermo Vilas. (I'll leave it to you to fiure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing.)

Infiniti2001
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:34 PM
As a Williams fan, I can't say I have a rooting interest either way. Jenn's the American, so I'll probably find myslef rooting for her. Also, Jenn is clearly the underdog, so all those people who root for the underdog vs the sisters will surely be rooting for Jen here, right?

:worship: :worship: My sentiments exactly.

harloo
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Um...how are "Williams Fans" supposed to react towards the stanford final?

My question is this: Why does any poster feel the need to ask how we feel about a tournament where our faves are not present?

How are we supposed to feel? I don't get it.

I just feel like it's another tournament where other players are playing. They won their semis, and they are in the finals. I really don't care who wins.

And I like Kim and hope she does well, and Jen is alright. May the best player win. Why do you feel the need to ask?

disposablehero
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:37 PM

Never disliked kim. She's lovely if a bit one dimensional.

Ouch. Nothing like being called "one-dimensional" by a Williams fan. Must be worried if "she's lovely" couldn't get said without a dig at the end.

disposablehero
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:39 PM
ok can people get over it? is is possible for people to mature over the situation and get over it. serena seems to have done so, why can't the fans do the same? seeing as how this affected her more than anyone else in the world, everyone should just let the situation die down.

Some people need someone to hate. They would feel all cold and empty inside if they didn't have someone.

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:39 PM
*claps hands at wit of DH*

yea the sisters are one dimensional and dumb

but that says a whole lot about the smart players whos asses they are kicking time in time out :D

Mase
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:41 PM
i will be going for Jennifer as i AM a diehard Jenn fan also (Hollywood u know this :D) and my thread wasnt because of "the threat kim poses to the sisters"

i love Jen cos shes real, she has an insatiable desire and because she can curse better than me

vamos baby :)

Well said! :bounce:

:kiss: :wavey:

TSequoia01
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:43 PM
I will root for Kim because of her class even though she is creeping up on the Princess of Power. Serena / Venus need Kim, Justine the cheater Hardenne, and Jennifer if they ever are going to reach their ultimate potential. We must not forget competition is what drives excellence. Imagine a Venus with a killer second serve and consistent forehand. Dream about a Serena with an awesome net game and awesome volleys. If you don't need them why develop them? :cool:

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Well said! :bounce:

:kiss: :wavey:

hey baby :wavey: :kiss:

Serendy Willick
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:56 PM

I'm not a Williams fan, I'm a Venus fan (they are two separate people, after all), and while I support neither Jen nor Kim, at the end of the day I prefer Jen.

Excuse me, but I dont ever remember Serena saying that if Martina Hingis wasnt injured than Jennifer wouldnt have gotten to number one in the world :rolleyes: As a hardcore Serena fan, I could care less than a horses manuere who wins today.

Infiniti2001
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:57 PM
I will root for Kim because of her class even though she is creeping up on the Princess of Power. Serena / Venus need Kim, Justine the cheater Ardenne, and Jennifer if they ever are going to reach their ultimate potential. We must not forget competition is what drive excellence. Imagine a Venus with a killer second serve and consistent forehand. Dream about a Serena with an awesome net game and awesome volleys. If you don't need them why develop them? :cool:

I agree with this assesment (except I will be rooting for the (overdue)American underdog) :p

Trish101
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:08 PM
oooh and GO JENNIFER! -peace out!, like, totally man, like, yeah!

Mase
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:22 PM
I see I made the list Trish eh? :wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:23 PM
USA all the way...GRIND HER INTO THE GROUND JEN...:bounce:

Mase
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:24 PM
:bowdown: RIGHT?!?!? :yeah:

Go CAPSTER!

DunkMachine
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:42 PM
I disagree. For example, I am sure serena have never said, "harder xavier, harder!"

Oooooooooooooooooooh shit :haha: Too much

"Topaz"
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:12 PM
I prefer Kim to Jen in more ways than one.
Since I can't hide behind the American flag, I'll tell it like it is: I hope Jen keeps Kim a little bit further away from Serena. That's all. :cool:

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:32 PM
whoa can y'all feel the hate :eek:

stop arguing :) davai Jen! :bounce:

*JR*
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Maybe an ironic observation about this event will help here? 2 of the 3 Stanford Girls who would have been there are on the shelf (Anne K. and Marissa). That only left Laura to carry the "school spirit". BTW, the apparently retired Brie would "kinda" be a Stanford Girl, as her Dad was mens' tennis captain there in the early 70's. In fact, Rob Rippner played pro dubs with a more famous Stanford alum, Roscoe Tanner (now a fugitive in GER from a Nooo Joisy fraud warrant). :eek: (Maybe Hofmann needs a business partner)? :D

CanIGetAWhat
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Another Williams fan here, I prefer Kim over Jennifer.

Regarding the hate comment, I like seeing competition. It'd be so boring if there aren't other players who can consistently challenge and win against Venus and Serena. I've always dislike Martina Hingis for her arrogance and ignorant comments (half a man, too old to play). Yes, she's matured but first impressions lasts a long time. It wasn't until she lost the No. 1 ranking that she became more humble.

Dawn Marie
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Wtf is all this drama about freakin loosen up folks.

Infiniti, girl I am with you.

Jen has been rude in the past and Kim has been okay. I like Kim's personality better although she seems like she is Lleyton's girl more than Kim the women. She has the personality of a 2000 year old rock but she is a nice rock.

With all that said, I am first and formost a V@S fan. So I want the rude "capster" to beat down the "Waffled head" Kim. So that it will keep her away from getting a false #1 rank from the BEST tennis player.

Mr. Man
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Um...how are "Williams Fans" supposed to react towards the stanford final?

My question is this: Why does any poster feel the need to ask how we feel about a tournament where our faves are not present?
Who the hell knows? :rolleyes:

I'm rootin' for Jen, simply because of her big fat ZERO titles since early 02'. Go Jen, end the drought!

If Kim wins, oh well.

Congrats to both. <--is how I react. Happy, Hollywood?

Dawn Marie
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Hollywood your timing sux. You should of asked us this question... when.

#1 Venus was playing kim in semi-final at Wimby

#2 Serena was playing Jen and of course during the final of Wimbeldon.

Dont worry about how were going to react when V@S don't play.