PDA

View Full Version : Didn't realize Serena had such a potty mouth...

Knizzle
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Until this year. I had never saw her curse on the court before this year. During the Wimby QF Serena came to the net and put away a volley that almost landed out when she was down 5-2 against Cappy, and on her way back you could visibly and audibly notice that she asked herself "What the fuck is wrong with you!!" First she gets a fine at the AO first round, then she calls a linesperson a "MFing bitch" in the finals vs. Venus (some think she was referring to Venus, but I don't think so) and now this. What happened to this :angel: Serena?? LOL!!

Becool
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Who said she was an angel first of all?

Really this ppl have nothing to do, and keep bringing old and useless cases, trying to continue an one lost discussion.. Specially containing Serena

Trish101
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:14 AM
becool...i know what youre sayin (let bygons be bygons)...but havnt you done the same EXACT thing where Jennifer is concerned? I do seem to remember you talkin about her "classless" vocabulary, or other choice of words or whatever word you said....

Hun im in your corner, but we just need to leave these Rena hatters be and just move on!

Trish101
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Knizzle hun you AINT a Rena hatter...are you? nah! im sorry sweet thang...sorry im just out of it!

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Serenas been taking lessons off of JenJen?! Vamos! :bounce:

jmp
Jul 27th, 2003, 02:26 PM
:lol: :lol: Knizzle, I didn't know about the Wimbledon thing. But, I knew about the two AO incidents. Neither Serena or Jennifer's swearing bothers me. Monica's swearing is funny (to me) and Lindsay's means she's getting down on herself. It could be because every other word out of my mouth needs sanitation, at times. ;) I just look at them as adults who are passionate about what they do!

This ain't charm school! :cool:

Experimentee
Jul 27th, 2003, 02:42 PM
This is professional tennis. You cant expect them to hold back at times like those, for the sake of pleasing the viewers.

*JR*
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:07 PM
http://carkeyboi.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_arrow.gif (Smilie ripped off from: http://carkeyboi.com/forum/index.php). :p

jenny161185
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:09 PM
I think cursing is great for the sport - im happy serena and jen do it and everyone else it shows their hunger for the win and their angry. I remember watching the french open last year and it showed the on court camera where agassi was toweling off and he'd just lost a great point and the crowd were clapping - it looked like he shouted ''fucking french''

fried_beans
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:10 PM
Monica has used a bad word before?

:o

Mase
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:18 PM
^ Frequentley from what Ive heard... I think its great! LOL

Mase
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:19 PM
:lol: :lol: Knizzle, I didn't know about the Wimbledon thing. But, I knew about the two AO incidents. Neither Serena or Jennifer's swearing bothers me. Monica's swearing is funny (to me) and Lindsay's means she's getting down on herself. It could be because every other word out of my mouth needs sanitation, at times. ;) I just look at them as adults who are passionate about what they do!

This ain't charm school! :cool:

THANK YOU, AMEN, you get the point! :yeah:

Mr. Man
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:46 PM
It's a lovely thing to curse on the court. :p

Jennifer's wife
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:50 PM
yea i was at that match and heard a couple of 'fucks' coming out of serenas mouth! i think they should all swear more often, its far more entertaining!! We need more feisty women on the tour! :D

Tplayer
Jul 27th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Everybody knows Serena curses like a drunken sailor.
This is partly why she was chosen to play the part of
a ghetto street thug in an up coming movie. Between
her looks and her foul mouth this small part will suit
her perfectly. All she has to do is to be herself.

Infiniti2001
Jul 27th, 2003, 05:05 PM
her looks and her fowl mouth this small part will suit

So nice of you sterotype. :fiery:

Amanda
Jul 27th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Go, Serena!

harloo
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Wow, another "SERENA cussed" thread. Big Deal LOL

Lindsay curses herself on court, but do we hear anything about that.
Serena cussed in her US open 99 final, but she did so to herself. But I guess that was not noticed until she became #1. You people amaze me.

The only player who use to swear and overeact to everything was Capriati. She would just attack everyone, which I thought was distasteful. Jen has mellowed out now, she seems more aware of her behaviour and has toned it down.

I also feel all these ladies are under a great deal of pressure. So I think they should be given a little slack, as long as they can keep themselves under control.

harloo
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:29 PM
So nice of you sterotype. :fiery:

infiniti, just avoid these type of people. They are miserable.

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Tplayer:
fowl=bird
foul is the word ur looking for

i was tempted to start my cell on centre court in the wimby qf just to hear Jen curse :o i think swearing is essential in any sport. shows they want to win :)

CondiLicious
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Monica has used a bad word before?

:o

Plenty of times. It's fcuking this and fcuking that when she's on court... never out loud though.

Joana
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Oh come on, everybody swears, I don't know why some people act like puritans and make big deal of it. I respect people who are passionate about what are they doing, and swearing in some difficult moments of the match shows they're serious about it, and moreso it helps them release some pressure from themsleves.

decemberlove
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:42 PM
it is perfectly acceptable for men in sports to curse, should be the same for women

Richie77
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Serena swears. Jennifer swears. I swear too. :)

I can say I'm just like Serena and Jennifer! :bounce: ;)

HAIL-VENUS
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:04 PM
See, this is why I wonder if Serena's Jehovah's faith is somewhat shacky, ya' know what I mean. More devoted followers like, saaaaay, her sister VENUS, never curses. Hehe. Being for real for a second, I didn't realize just how much Serena cursed either, though I remember way back at US Open 2000 againg Lindsay D. in the semi's, Serena said, and I quote "what tha fuck, what tha fuck, what tha fuck is wrong with you" in reference to herself playing such a sloppy game. She was noticably upset with her game. I just think that she's very emotional, but her cursing isn't like Jen's IMO. She doesn't go on a rampage and curse out chair umps, linesmen, ball kids, and baby's in the fucking audience.

JCAP
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Big deal she said FUCk! Who honestly cares,im glad to see her showing some emotion!

fried_beans
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:25 PM
That's awesome that Monica swears...I love her little motion to throw her raquet but she never does. Yea I've seen her mouth it but I guess I just assumed the best lol

SerenaSlam
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:26 PM
true blackness comin out, and i love it :)

Knizzle
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Everyone in this thread misunderstands me. I could careless if Serena cusses. It doesn't make think any less of her, but I just didn't notice it until this year. It's just hilarious to see Serena cuss on the court. Did you not see the big LOL!! at the end of my post??

TennisHack
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:33 PM

I don't have anything to say about this person's post, but rather his reputation. Dude has 10 red dots beside his name, and I was wondering why there aren't any little sayings for the reputation on the negative side? It's always "______ is infamous around these parts" BORING! I mean, amassing 10 red dots deserves something more than that, don't you think?

LindsayRulez
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:21 PM
I think it's funny too. I don't think players should curse off court, but everything comes out on court. I especially love to see Lindsay do it, I can't help but laugh every time. Usually she does it with a smile on her face, so it shows she's just trying to win. I used to find it unacceptable but when I started playing tennis, then I quickly changed my mind after I found myself doing it.

CC
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:00 PM
well good for her. regardless of your religion, there are moments in life when only a vehemently articulated "FUCK!" will do.

Yeah, like right now I feel like saying: SerenaSlam, you're such a fucking fool!

But I probably shouldn't.

*JR*
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Go back to Bob's pathetic new excuse for a bulletin board. (And don't shed your crocodile tears for Dayhovah, who would climb out of his grave and spit in your racist face). BTW, you don't have the guts to slip into your JudgeDredd personna here with N words and all that? :rolleyes:

Miss Thang
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Until this year. I had never saw her curse on the court before this year. During the Wimby QF Serena came to the net and put away a volley that almost landed out when she was down 5-2 against Cappy, and on her way back you could visibly and audibly notice that she asked herself "What the fuck is wrong with you!!" First she gets a fine at the AO first round, then she calls a linesperson a "MFing bitch" in the finals vs. Venus (some think she was referring to Venus, but I don't think so) and now this. What happened to this :angel: Serena?? LOL!!

Chile I need to dig out my mama's old tapes of tennis matches cuz she got one of Miss Steffi saying "sh*t" at the US Open, Miss Conchi saying some bad spanish words in a match from Stratford, Miss Mary sayin the eff word at the AO, Miss Anke saying the eff word in Philly and a bunch more. Aint no thang cuz they human. :cool:

CC
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:02 PM
yeah you probably shouldn't. ;)

Good thing I changed my mind.

cool bird
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Yeah how come it is that Venus never swears. I mean there must be times when she want to let out a great big fuck but she never does.
I for one love it when when the players start swearing and kicking off with the ref it great.

oh and by the way Serena was not swearing at the line judge in the AO she said right fuck you bitch to Venus becuse Venus had just broken her serve in the second set and hit and clean ace to go up 15-0 on her servejust to let you know. :)

Knizzle
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Yeah how come it is that Venus never swears. I mean there must be times when she want to let out a great big fuck but she never does.
I for one love it when when the players start swearing and kicking off with the ref it great.

oh and by the way Serena was not swearing at the line judge in the AO she said right fuck you bitch to Venus becuse Venus had just broken her serve in the second set and hit and clean ace to go up 15-0 on her servejust to let you know. :)

I think Serena was still mad at the linesperson, but she could have been talking about Venus.

cool bird
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Thats what i thought at frist but i have the tape of that match. The ace Venus hit was well in and as Serena walking over to the other side she shoots Venus this look (oh if looks could kill) and said it.

I tell ya i would not like to be in the middle of the sisters if ever they got in a punch up

*JR*
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:04 AM
well good for her. regardless of your religion, there are moments in life when only a vehemently articulated "FUCK!" will do.
That's what keeps a whole industry in business! :devil: