PDA

View Full Version : Tatiana Panova

Venus Forever
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Okay, she's been out awhile with this mental breakdown of her's, or whatever psychological problem it is.

Now, when she comes back, assuming she's out for the rest of the year, can she get an injury ranking?? I mean, she's not exactly injured, so, will she still be allowed the obtain one?

I hope she gets well soon. :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:28 PM
yes, its still a medical condition.

still no idea when she will come back :( :(

Venus Forever
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:29 PM
Of course TBE would know. ;) :wavey:

Hopefully she comes back soon. It's sad what she is going through. :sad:

fried_beans
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:56 PM
What happened to her?

Caz
Jul 26th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Yes. I was really shocked and saddened to hear what has happened to her. I hope she manages to work through her problems and get back on the tour. I always admired her for how much she managed to achieve given the obvious disadvantage of her height.

Best wishes to her; let's hope she recovers and makes it back onto the tour soon. :)

Venus Forever
Jul 26th, 2003, 10:06 PM
She suffers from some kind of psychological disorder. Doesn't she feel that people are after her or something?? I don't know the exact details.

fried_beans
Jul 26th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Thats terrible, where could I find details?

azza
Jul 26th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Go Tatiana :)

pan
Jul 26th, 2003, 10:50 PM
best wishes to TATIANA! :)

-Sonic-
Jul 26th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Whats the name of the disorder?

As a Psych student I soo would like to know.

TennisHack
Jul 27th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Someone once said she had paranoid schizophrenia, but I'd have to think that would cripple her too much to play pro tennis, considering the travel and media.

Joana
Jul 27th, 2003, 12:23 AM
OMG, this is really sad...
I really hope Tanya recovers, she doesn't have to come back, I think it may be too difficult for her, as long as she feels better.
Get well soon Tanya!!!

Crazy Canuck
Jul 27th, 2003, 01:15 AM
If only people in this forum could be this sympathetic and understanding of all pyschological disorders/problems.

sunnysideup
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:45 AM
If only people in this forum could be this sympathetic and understanding of all pyschological disorders/problems.
ok...I sympathize with you.:angel:

sunnysideup
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:45 AM
get well soon Panova!!!!

Crazy Canuck
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:51 AM
ok...I sympathize with you.:angel:
I don't sympathize with your idiocy over such a serious matter.

sunnysideup
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:54 AM
I don't sympathize with your idiocy over such a serious matter.
nobody needs your sympathy.:yawn:

irma
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:00 AM

I guess it's hard to understand something you can't imagine jmho

Crazy Canuck
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:02 AM
I guess it's hard to understand something you can't imagine jmho
People seem to have no problem being understanding of paranoia, yet have an awfully hard time being mature about eating disorders. Do most people around here have a keen grasp on being paranoid?!

Wojtek
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:05 AM

Just f*** off.

irma
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:15 AM
well maybe with eating disorders outside people think it's their own fault and with one meal the problem is solved and with with paranoia (schizophrenie just take the worst case) they think it's an illness. otherwise people would not make fun about puking. (yeah that's incredible annoying)

I think it's ridiculous too but then I come from differerent circumstances but a few years ago I was in a group and I didn't understood those people either why they reacted like they reacted so I ran away after 6 months(that was not about eating disorders but about borderline and manic depressions.)

Crazy Canuck
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Just f*** off.
Eh? Have I said something to offend you? Or are you just not mature enough to handle serious discussion? If that is the case it is you who needs to "f*** off"

Crazy Canuck
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:19 AM
well maybe with eating disorders outside people think it's their own fault and with one meal the problem is solved and with with paranoia (schizophrenie just take the worst case) they think it's an illness. otherwise people would not make fun about puking. (yeah that's incredible annoying)

I think it's ridiculous too but then I come from differerent circumstances but a few years ago I was in a group and I didn't understood those people either why they reacted like they reacted so I ran away after 6 months(that was not about eating disorders but about borderline and manic depressions.)
I know that you get... it's just a shame that most people around here don't.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:21 AM
I'm making an extremely valid point here, but some of you would rather tell me to "f*** off" and crack stupid jokes than allow yourselves to actually think for a moment.

What is happening with Panova is unfortunate and I hope that she's getting all the help and support possible to get her through this.

What I don't understand is why people can approach this topic with an ounce of maturity and then jump into other threads to crack eating disorder jokes.

sunnysideup
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:31 AM
I'm making an extremely valid point here, but some of you would rather tell me to "f*** off" and crack stupid jokes than allow yourselves to actually think for a moment.

What is happening with Panova is unfortunate and I hope that she's getting all the help and support possible to get her through this.

What I don't understand is why people can approach this topic with an ounce of maturity and then jump into other threads to crack eating disorder jokes.
yeah, sure this mature post of yours could help heal Tataina.:yawn:

Crazy Canuck
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:32 AM
yeah, sure this mature post of yours could help heal Tataina.:yawn:
If you had the intelligence of a horses ass you might be able to understand what issues I am addressing. It's clear that you do not.

sunnysideup
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:33 AM
yeah...I perfectly understand your the advocate of disorder.:p

Crazy Canuck
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:35 AM
yeah...I perfectly understand your the advocate of disorder.:p
You clearly understand nothing as you have shown that you are not capable of going from one sentance to the other without getting confused. The more you continue to reply to me the more obvious you make it to everybody that you are a raging idiot.

Does anybody with something intelligent to say want to reply?

Jordan.
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Panova won't be back until 2004. :sad:

sunnysideup
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:58 AM
You clearly understand nothing as you have shown that you are not capable of going from one sentance to the other without getting confused. The more you continue to reply to me the more obvious you make it to everybody that you are a raging idiot.

Does anybody with something intelligent to say want to reply?
LMAO you don't know what intelligence means....this thread is purposely created for Tatiana and not to showcase your so-called intelligence:yawn:

Meesh
Jul 27th, 2003, 12:00 PM
I saw Tatiana and her brother when she made the finals of Sarasota in 2002. I had no idea about this. :sad:

Snuffkin
Jul 27th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Small minds...Rebecca I admire you for trying to talk sense in the face of idiocy, but I fear somethings are not worth it. Trying to discuss a serious topic with the severity it deserves is beyond some people.

Anyway, I had no idea about this until I stumbled across this thread, but it's saddened me. As much as I can have a laugh about people's misfortunes (slapstick humour for example), I can never find a reason to laugh about psychological disorders. The fact that they are not visible makes them a source of confusion. Unlike physical illness, a lack of comprehension regarding them brings a reaction often evident in fear. So, rather than be fearful, some choose to belittle people and laugh at them.

At a time like this I dare say playing tennis isn't a priority for Tatiana so I can only wish that she recovers as quickly as possible and is able to at least consider playing again in the very, very near future.

Wojtek
Jul 27th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Rebecca can you just leave this board and go to your great site . You will do big survice.

Fantastic
Jul 27th, 2003, 02:25 PM
The world is serious enough as it is. Do we need to start arguments over this? Be thankful that people sympathize about something at all. Just a thought.

skanky~skanketta
Jul 27th, 2003, 02:27 PM
get well soon tats. fight this disorder.

Experimentee
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Get well soon Tatiana. I didnt really like her as a player but i hope she will fight this disorder and come back soon. :sad:

Rebecca, can you make another thread to start your arguments in? This one is really supposed to be for Tatiana.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Plze get well soon Tatiana! :)

Iconoclast
Jul 27th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Would be a nice welcome if we could discuss her condition based on facts, rather than guesses. Judging from the number of replies, I had hoped that someone could contribute more information about Tatiana.

All I have heard stems from a second-hand account of a short Eurosport news report. To my knowledge, neither herself, the WTA or her management have released any sort of statement explaining her absence from the Tour.

She may have gone to Australia.
She may think someone is following her.
She may suffer from a psychological disorder, perhaps even a serious one like paranoia.

I'd like some facts.

tenn_ace
Jul 27th, 2003, 05:34 PM
it's just really sad and surprising... just a year ago I had a quick conversation with her and she seemed so opened and extraverted...

get well soon, Tanya! remember, you've always been a fighter!

TennisHack
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Would be a nice welcome if we could discuss her condition based on facts, rather than guesses. Judging from the number of replies, I had hoped that someone could contribute more information about Tatiana.

All I have heard stems from a second-hand account of a short Eurosport news report. To my knowledge, neither herself, the WTA or her management have released any sort of statement explaining her absence from the Tour.

She may have gone to Australia.
She may think someone is following her.
She may suffer from a psychological disorder, perhaps even a serious one like paranoia.

I'd like some facts.

I'm sorry I even brought up the rumor about paranoid schizophrenia, but someone else has posted that on this board, I believe in a thread about players who have retired and may retire soon.

As long as Eggy keeps quiet, I don't think any of us will know what's wrong with her. Frankly, it's none of our businesss to begin with.

spiceboy
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Some players in Palermo confirmed that rumours :sad:

BasicTennis
Jul 28th, 2003, 10:48 AM
get well soon Tatiana. :angel:

paul_masterton
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:31 PM
its a really bad disease. my mum knew someone who ahd it, and basically you feel everyone is out to get you. You feel that there is constantly someone following you, whether its in a busy place or you are all by yourself. In some cases it can get so bad they feel as if there is someone in their own home, and they won't go to sleep coz they think someone is watching.

Often people who suffer from it try to run away, but then the 'person' who is following them is ina car behind them, on the same train, or even on the same plane. In her career it woudl be impossible to go on, what with the camera's, crowds, people wanting fotos and autographs. I guess she may well have had some sort of breakdown (my mum's friend got this during a 'mid-life crisis' which went a bit extreme) either as a result, or equally could of been before, which then led to it.

I think they have drugs that then can pump you full off (don't they always), I think that like depression it's a matter of time.

Hopefully she can get over this and fulfill her potential.

MLF
Aug 17th, 2003, 02:17 PM
I had no idea as to why she was away for so long. If this is true then all the best to her. I admire players like Panova and Pistolesi who have achieved a lot on the back of sheer hard work. Tatiana had really come on a lot over the last 2 or 3 seasons. I hope she comes back fit & well soon.

raquel
Aug 17th, 2003, 02:46 PM
What is happening to Tatiana is just so sad :sad: To be honest I would not be surprised if she never came back, but I hope I am wrong. I just think an illness like this would be hard to deal with when she plays in front of so many people.

ComeBackHingis
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:07 PM
i miss you tatiana!!!!!

Vincent
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Get well soon Titiana:sad: It seems a serious disease.