PDA

View Full Version : ESPN did not show BERLIN, ROME and will not show STANFORD IMO!

treufreund
Jul 26th, 2003, 08:43 PM
IMO ESPN2 once again has told TV guide and Tennis magazine and tennis.com that they will have coverage BUT

It is NOT LISTED ON THEIR WEBSITE nor is it in the PROGRAM GUIDE FOR MY DIGITAL CABLE??

Whom should we believe. Unfortunately this happened so much already that I am SICK OF ESPN/2 promising women's tennis and then pulling the plug. ALSO NO COVERAGE AT ALL OF CANADIAN OPEN!!!!!!!!

WTA better get their SHIT TOGETHER. Tennis Channel is available to VERY FEW PEOPLE! Get your stuff on ESPN and networks or don't be seen at all! This is a disgrace!

Venus Forever
Jul 26th, 2003, 08:49 PM
It's not on my schedule either. :confused:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 26th, 2003, 08:58 PM
its not on my cable but it is listed on the espn website.schedule (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/index)

treufreund
Jul 26th, 2003, 08:58 PM
maybe only showed in the WEST of USA????

treufreund
Jul 26th, 2003, 08:59 PM
THANK YOU CYBELLE!!! :angel:

Malin
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:00 PM
the funny thing is, I don't even think the tennis channel is showing this tournament.

treufreund
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:01 PM
but when I click on that link CYBELLE it says 6pm not 430 pm EST like Jeff said. wtf is going on and why is it so damn hard for these ppl to get their shit together!!??

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:03 PM
please i hope its not just the west coast because that would be totally unfair. :sad:

treufreund
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:03 PM
tennis channel is not showing it. i brought them up because WTA sold rights to a lot of stuff to tennis channel but most fans don't have it. :rolleyes:

BigTennisFan
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:04 PM
but when I click on that link CYBELLE it says 6pm not 430 pm EST like Jeff said. wtf is going on and why is it so damn hard for these ppl to get their shit together!!??

On my Comcast cable guide it says 3:00 PM Pacific which is 6:00 PM Eastern. :bounce:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:04 PM
the funny thing is, I don't even think the tennis channel is showing this tournament.

whats not so funny is that the tennis channel in general sucks. repeats repeats repeats repeats. blah blah blah comercials. repeats repeats repeats blah blah blah nick b's bs instruction show. blah blah blah.

treufreund
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:07 PM
and yet the website shows it on at 6pm according to what Cybelle provided. this is screwed up royally

treufreund
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:10 PM
On my Comcast cable guide it says 3:00 PM Pacific which is 6:00 PM Eastern. :bounce:

well that is encouraging but I have this feeling it is only being shown in California...

and yet ESPN/2 are national networks I thought. I did not know that they do stuff like showing it only out west but this is all weird. Jeff said it is showing at 130, others say 3pm pt or 6pm EST and others have no info whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:12 PM
maybe this was a last minute change to their schedule. they are a national network and usually what is shown on the east airs in the west and in between.

Mase
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:13 PM

Mine was well :wavey:

Malin
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:14 PM
whats not so funny is that the tennis channel in general sucks. repeats repeats repeats repeats. blah blah blah comercials. repeats repeats repeats blah blah blah nick b's bs instruction show. blah blah blah.

Do you have the channel?? Is it really that bad because if it is then I don't see it lasting much longer.

Jeff
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Yes it is 3pm pacific. The tournament website is wrong, because on the tvguide website it shows it coming on Charter cable at 3pm. The tvguide site has never been wrong when it comes to tennis, and is updated daily I think, so yeah tune in at 3pm (pacific) on ESPN 2 :)

treufreund
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:16 PM
LMAO!

http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=2201576

treufreund
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:17 PM
jeff the tourney website is also conflicting on two different pages LMAO!

LeonHart
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Yes they're showing it on ESPN2 at 3PM, but then again I live in California. I hope u guys on the east will at least see the finals...KIM vs JEN :drool:

TennisHack
Jul 26th, 2003, 11:02 PM
They are showing Stanford, it's on right now. They will also show the final tomorrow.

ESPN has expressed that it will NOT show foreign tournaments, instead choosing to show only North American tournaments. This is true for the women and the men.

Venus Forever
Jul 26th, 2003, 11:03 PM
I can't believe they're showing it. :eek:

TennisHack
Jul 26th, 2003, 11:14 PM
From the July 2003 issue of TENNIS magazine (pg 27):

In May, ESPN dropped its coverage of two women's events, the Italian Open and the German Open, at the last minute and is no longer covering men's Masters Series events in Europe. ESPN says its new strategy is to focus on the Grand Slams (it now owns broadcast rights to the Australian Open, Roland Garros, and Wimbledon) and big North American events like the Nasdaq-100. According to Mike Ryan, ESPN's director of programming and acquisitions, these events offer the best opportunity to secure advertising dollars.

So basically, ESPN will show the North American events but nothing else.

Venus Forever
Jul 26th, 2003, 11:15 PM
Of course, anything to try more Americans. :rolleyes:

Meesh
Jul 27th, 2003, 01:12 AM
I just watched! It was psuedo live for me since I didn't come on line to view scores until now! They actually showed the entire match and showed interviews w/ Maria through out the match. Cliffy had all kinds of tidbits for us about Maria (where she lives, her hubby, her sis, her mom, her training etc).

Fave Pam quote from today: Capriati came out of the darkest very deep dark part of her life to then go on and win the Aus and FO. (It's not direct quote but it was hysterical and the way she said it) :lol:

Rtael
Jul 27th, 2003, 02:21 AM
the tennis channel is kind of :yawn: I don't get it, but I saw a preview of it on Cox Cable.....anyone who has Cox cable can get the Tennis Channel now....and so of course I just move to any area with Time Warner instead of Cox =(

fried_beans
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:06 AM
LOL, It's good to be Canadian right now :drool: @ the full and utter coverage of Rogers'

CC
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:43 AM
Dammit, I missed that WUSA Soccer match.