PDA

View Full Version : Most boring match of the year?

ghosts
Jul 26th, 2003, 04:14 PM
What do you think ? :tape:

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 26th, 2003, 04:35 PM
okay....the people who don't like Venus and Serena will either say the Australian Open finals or the Wimbledon finals. And those that don't like Justine will say the French Open finals. There. I said it :). That's what you wanted to hear isn't it :rolleyes:? Now the thread can die in peace cause I posted what it would have taken three pages of people going at each other's throats to say :)

Maggie&MomoFan
Jul 26th, 2003, 04:37 PM
id say that the heninhardenne-kuznetsova match at wimbledon was awful

Nemesis
Jul 26th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Kim Clijsters - Marlene Weingartner :o

fried_beans
Jul 26th, 2003, 04:42 PM
In the past year I would say Pierce/NAgyova in Toronto! Horrible quality for 3 hours. 7-6 6-7 7-5 or something sick like that.

Leo_DFP
Jul 26th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Harkleroad vs. anybody

Martinez vs. Clijsters (both)

veryborednow
Jul 26th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Harkleroad vs. anybody
oh, I don't know, Harkleroad vs. Hantuchova at FO was kinda interesting...

pan
Jul 26th, 2003, 05:29 PM
RAYMOND- WEINGÄRTNER in wimbledon...

Glenn
Jul 26th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Dokic - Weingartner, second round of Berlin... :yawn:

Venus Forever
Jul 26th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Haven't seen many matches, but the French Open final was just terrible.

Kim just didn't bring it at all. :sad:

DunkMachine
Jul 26th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Haven't seen many matches, but the French Open final was just terrible.

Kim just didn't bring it at all. :sad:

Why did you mention this match. Why why why. You're doing Riley a favor by proving him right and now you won't hear the end of this.

*waits on the Williams bashers to start*

Venus Forever
Jul 26th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Let them say what they want. They're going to say it anyway.

At least those matches went three sets with some drama. :rolleyes:

AleOrtu
Jul 26th, 2003, 06:37 PM
there are millons of matchs we can´t see on TV or elsewhere.

Glenn
Jul 26th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Let them say what they want. They're going to say it anyway.

At least those matches went three sets with some drama. :rolleyes:
You said yourself you don't watch matches so don't even reply to tennis related questions then.

ToeTag
Jul 26th, 2003, 06:57 PM
In the past year I would say Pierce/NAgyova in Toronto! Horrible quality for 3 hours. 7-6 6-7 7-5 or something sick like that.
:) Montreal...I disagree. I kinda liked it...I'll say the doubles final at Wimbledon.

jrm
Jul 26th, 2003, 07:04 PM
oh, I don't know, Harkleroad vs. Hantuchova at FO was kinda interesting...

If i recall correctly Daniela committed over 110 unforced erorrs in the match.

ToeTag
Jul 26th, 2003, 07:10 PM
If i recall correctly Daniela committed over 110 unforced erorrs in the match.
That might of been the count,but weren't they counting forced errors as unforced at the FO? I remember that match and I found it entertaining...but to each their own.

ghosts
Jul 26th, 2003, 07:11 PM
:) Montreal...I disagree. I kinda liked it...I'll say the doubles final at Wimbledon.
right ! :o :o

MartinaI
Jul 26th, 2003, 07:50 PM
too many to name by far!

Venus Forever
Jul 26th, 2003, 07:52 PM
You said yourself you don't watch matches so don't even reply to tennis related questions then.

I don't watch matches because they are NEVER on. When ever it's on TV, I watch them, everyone of them. The problem is, ESPN shows either all men's matches or don't show any matches at all in any tournaments.

And of the one's I saw, the French was the worst.

:p

Hendouble
Jul 26th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Erm... every single match in the first week of a Grand Slam on the women's side, barring second-round matches involving someone named Hantuchova?

Actually, extend that to all of Clijsters' early rounds in Grand Slams as well as all of Dokic's matches full stop, which haven't been boring so much as painful to watch.

Knizzle
Jul 27th, 2003, 12:50 AM
okay....the people who don't like Venus and Serena will either say the Australian Open finals or the Wimbledon finals. And those that don't like Justine will say the French Open finals. There. I said it :). That's what you wanted to hear isn't it :rolleyes:? Now the thread can die in peace cause I posted what it would have taken three pages of people going at each other's throats to say :)

:worship: Thank you Mr. Riley :worship:

azza
Jul 27th, 2003, 12:52 AM
Serena Williams Vs Barbera scheet Fo Pfff... Barbera

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 27th, 2003, 01:44 AM
Kim Clijsters vs. Rosanna Neffa De Los Rios-1st round Wimbledon-Rossanna was hitting the ball out within the first two shots she hot. She really looked like she didn't give a shit...

Venus Forever
Jul 27th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Kim Clijsters vs. Rosanna Neffa De Los Rios-1st round Wimbledon-Rossanna was hitting the ball out within the first two shots she hot. She really looked like she didn't give a shit...

Forgot that they showed this one.

This one was just embarassing. Rossana did nothing right, Nancy Loffler-Caro or Dewonder Davis probably could have beat Rossana that day. :o

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 27th, 2003, 01:49 AM
Forgot that they showed this one.

This one was just embarassing. Rossana did nothing right, Nancy Loffler-Caro or Dewonder Davis probably could have beat Rossana that day. :o

LOL, probably. The match took 31 minutes to complete, if that gives you any idea about what a mismatch it was. Rossana wasn't even showing disgust at herself. It was more like "Oh, forehand out. Sprint over to the other side and hit the next one out." Kim was taking 5-10 seconds in between points because she already knew what was going to happen.

fried_beans
Jul 27th, 2003, 02:00 AM

LOL, I'm so stupid! I was there too!

But, I thought the doubles final was really entertaining even though it was mostly from the baseline.

I think the reason I hated Pierce/Nagyova so much was cause I really wanted Mary to win, and she couldn't keep up any kind of momentum whatsoever. Secondly I just wanted the damn match over with and it wouldnt end so therefore I missed out on other matches. They both made tons of errors, and hte only good part was some of Mary's winners were incredible.

SpikeyAidanm
Jul 27th, 2003, 02:42 AM
S Williams vs V.Ruano-Pascual, Hopman Cup this year :yawn:

Mattographer
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters @ Roland Garros Final :yawn:

PointBlank
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:16 AM
i think it was the australian open and wimbledon finals............lol i actually enjoyed the aussie final , pulling 4 venus though........so close , but seriously i think it was amanda cotzer getting her a** wooped by lisa raymond in the finals of memphis

Trish101
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:17 AM
I can say with confidence that JENNIFER ALWAYS HAS THEBEST MATCHES AROUND!....SERENA overkilles everyone...but jennifer brings Drama!

PointBlank
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:20 AM
i agree w/ trish

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:31 AM
The Venus and Zvonareva match at RG........just ugly tennis and many ue's! :yawn:

Fingon
Jul 27th, 2003, 05:31 AM
I would say Australian Open final or Wimbledon final, but didn't watch either.

My vote goes to Dokic - Loit in Paris, that was painful.

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:25 AM
French Open final

jrm
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:06 AM
The worst match ever: last year's second round in Bol between Pisnik and Kournikova! AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filip!
Jul 27th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Wimbledon final... It was a three setter, but the quality was poor... only errors, errors, errors and... errors.

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 27th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters @ Roland Garros Final :yawn:
I'm agrree with u Matt :o

Weeping Willow
Jul 27th, 2003, 01:00 PM
french open final :sad:

DA FOREHAND
Jul 27th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Ladies French Open final by a mile, unless Coezter /Martinez played this year

fried_beans
Jul 27th, 2003, 01:43 PM
I'm far from a fan of either belgian but I didn't think the final was boring, because I kept expecting Kim to string something together and for Justine to choke and neither had one a slam before.

bubbelke
Jul 27th, 2003, 02:43 PM
RG: Kim Clijsters-Marlene Weingartner...that was so boring! :yawn:

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Wimbledon final... It was a three setter, but the quality was poor... only errors, errors, errors and... errors.

dont show us ur ignorance. 31 winners hit by Serena and 19 by Venus.

not only errors errors errors im afraid :o

PointBlank
Jul 31st, 2003, 10:46 PM
there were errors...but i did see alot of winners!

Lien
Jul 31st, 2003, 11:03 PM
As a Belgian it is a shame to say it but that RG final this year wasn't totally what I expected. Justine won fair and deserved that is true but I don't know it was boring, Kims performance was awful. I expected a tough battle such as the Berlin final something exciting.

Kart
Aug 3rd, 2003, 01:45 PM
French open final by a very long way.

BB
Aug 3rd, 2003, 01:52 PM
IMO every match of Pistolesi, Panova and Coetzer zzzZZZzzzzzZZZzz

SJW
Aug 3rd, 2003, 01:54 PM
Pistolesi/Mauresmo when it went 3 sets on clay was paaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnful IMO :o

BB
Aug 3rd, 2003, 01:57 PM
Pistolesi/Mauresmo when it went 3 sets on clay was paaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnful IMO :o

I see I'm not alone with my opinion :D