PDA

View Full Version : Martina Navratilova will play in Memphis with Liezel Horn-Huber

Zummi
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:50 AM
First, my thanks to Gallofa for giving us the good news of the Indian Wells tournament with Daniela. :)

Martina has also entered the Kroger St. Jude event in Memphis where she will play with Liezel Horn-Huber.

I wish them all the best! And want to thank Martina for giving her fans the opportunity to see her one more year!!

Go Martina!

Adrian
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:52 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Yeah Go Martina and Liezel...when is this tournament?

(I hope martina takes a regular partner though, want to see her at the season ending :()

Mattographer
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:55 AM
What?! :eek:

Liezel and Martina together!! :bounce: Liezel is my favourite doubles player!! :D

Best of luck to Liezel and Martina!! I hope they win the tournament!!

Zummi
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Adrian, I don't care about the season-ending too much. I want Martina to have fun this year. She tried making the final 8 last year and hated every minute of those final weeks when she & Arantxa were under so much pressure to qualify. She doesn't need that kind of pressure anymore. Now is the time to enjoy the tennis & appreciate every moment. That is what she is trying to do, I think :)

PS: the tournament is in 3 weeks time!

Adrian
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Thanks Zummi :D

Actually, maybe not worring about the season ending, will be better for her....

I heard somewhere she was was going to kick off in France, but heck, it's only 2 weeks later :D

Philbo
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Excellent... Another chance to see the old girl go round one more time...

anton
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:36 AM
is Martina also playing the singles?:wavey:

jd4eva
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:40 AM
No, I don't think Martina is playing singles.

The current top 4 seeds are:

1 - Jelena Dokic (YUG)
2 - Silvia Farina-Elia (ITA)
3 - Amanda Coetzer (RSA)
4 - Lisa Raymond (USA)

anton
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:42 AM
the tournament director is hoping the Dubai event will be cancelled and Venus and Monica will then play as well.

Rollo
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:51 AM
You can bet this will help attendence. Marti just made one tournament director a happy camper:)

Bright Red
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Martina N. please retire. What more can you do? You are the all-time greatest, but enough already.

anton
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:31 AM
I think she may be getting paid to be there.
He paid Agassi a reported $300,000 for a 50 minutes loss to Guga.

essielewis
Jan 30th, 2002, 05:02 AM
With a line up like this, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the promoter paid Martina to play. She would be the biggest name there, for sure.:hearts:

Andre Agassi usually gets $300,000 or more to play in small tournaments. In my opinion, WHY NOT? He's famous so why shouldn't he?:p

I seriously doubt Martina is going to get $300K. :kiss:

DutchieGirl
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Hey that's really cool! Liezel is one of my fave players! I hope they can have a good tourney! :)