PDA

View Full Version : It's sexist not to allow male sports writers into female locker rooms after the game

Car Key Boi
Jul 21st, 2003, 10:35 PM
if chick journalists can go into male locker rooms, then dudes should be allowed into theirs

where is the fucking supreme court when yuo need it?

- Car Key Boi :fiery:

Barrie_Dude
Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:30 AM
I Agree

seeing_red
Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:59 AM
:rolleyes:

Hulet
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:17 AM
How about blocking all journalists from both men's and women's locker room? I don't understand why interviews have to be conducted there.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:43 AM
It would only be fair ;)

Sam L
Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:49 AM
No I think it's fair. Women can go into men's but men shouldn't be allowed in women's locker rooms.

This is because rape cases for women are so high. When does a woman ever rape a man? Never. So that's why the men don't need protection.

disposablehero
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:16 AM
No I think it's fair. Women can go into men's but men shouldn't be allowed in women's locker rooms.

This is because rape cases for women are so high. When does a woman ever rape a man? Never. So that's why the men don't need protection.

You expect a male reporter to rape a female athlete in front of 10 female witnesses? The current system is sexist and discriminatory. Kick the women out or let the men in.

Sam L
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:21 AM
You expect a male reporter to rape a female athlete in front of 10 female witnesses? The current system is sexist and discriminatory. Kick the women out or let the men in.
No of course not, lol but that's what they'll be thinking, and it's like asking for trouble. It will be creating an environment where female rape cases will likely to increase.

disposablehero
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:27 AM
No of course not, lol but that's what they'll be thinking, and it's like asking for trouble. It will be creating an environment where female rape cases will likely to increase.

You could make the same argument for not allowing women reporters into the men's locker room. A male athlete is more likely to commit rape than a male reporter (see: Roid Rage), and a female athlete is better able to defend herself from a male reporter than a female reporter is to defend herself from a male athlete.

seeing_red
Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:09 AM
Oh, I'm suuuuure this thread was started in the interest of equality :rolleyes:

King Satan
Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:12 AM
Oh, I'm suuuuure this thread was started in the interest of equality :rolleyes:
lol listen to ma girl DD ;) we just mess around in here. :)

btw, i wrote you a pm.

Sam L
Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:17 AM
Also think about it guys, women aren't turned on by graphically naked men, whereas men are. So the reporters are probably just going in there to perve on the women.

~ The Leopard ~
Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:27 AM
Also think about it guys, women aren't turned on by graphically naked men, whereas men are.

That's certainly true of most of the men on this board. I prefer naked women myself. :angel:

seeing_red
Jul 22nd, 2003, 10:06 AM
I know that... I just love posting these little :rolleyes:

Messenger
Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:22 PM
That's certainly true of most of the men on this board. I prefer naked women myself. :angel:

True! I think I could count the number of straight guys on this board on one hand ;)

decemberlove
Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:56 PM
well i wouldnt want any male reporters in the locker room with me. i used to walk around topless all the time. women DO have more to cover up than men.

~ The Leopard ~
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:22 PM
Nah, most girls that I bother with go topless on the beach anyway. Girls actually have less to cover up. Their sexual organs are safely hidden away.

All the same, there is a certain asymmetry. I can understand female athletes feeling threatened by some male journalist barging in (unless it was someone as nice as me or wuneye). Male athletes would not feel threatened at all getting to strut their stuff in front of some female journo; quite the opposite (especially if it was someone as nice as you).

decemberlove
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:36 PM
Nah, most girls that I bother with go topless on the beach anyway. Girls actually have less to cover up. Their sexual organs are safely hidden away.

if you want to look it at that way, yes [unless they shave/wax/whatever].

BUT its still not acceptable for a girl to walk around topless like it is for a man. and im sure most female athletes wouldnt want every male journalist seeing their breasts.

and america doesnt have too many topless/nude beaches. and the ones we do have, scary freaks are at.

~ The Leopard ~
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:44 PM
if you want to look it at that way, yes [unless they shave/wax/whatever].

BUT its still not acceptable for a girl to walk around topless like it is for a man. and im sure most female athletes wouldnt want every male journalist seeing their breasts.

and america doesnt have too many topless/nude beaches. and the ones we do have, scary freaks are at.

Lol, the middle paragraph is absolutely right of course. That is part of the "asymmetry" I referred to. Let's face it, guys are turned on by women's breasts, and female athletes are not going to want some male journalist there at close range being turned on by them. :)

Re the last para, though, it's something I always notice about American society. Americans fetishize breasts and breast size far more than Australians and Europeans. At the same time, they are far more prudish about breasts. There must be some historical reason for this.