PDA

View Full Version : coming out of the closet, my story.....

King Satan
Jul 21st, 2003, 10:00 PM
the other day, i was getting some clothes from my closet......and when i came out, i tripped, and i fell and hit my head :sad:

there, that's my story :sad:

brunof
Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:08 AM
Ouch. Sorry to hear that...

*Sniff* do I smell mockery? :o

shap_half
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:19 AM
the other day, i was getting some clothes from my closet......and when i came out, i tripped, and i fell and hit my head :sad:

there, that's my story :sad:

you just sound stupid and insensitive. i don't mean to be too sensitive but what were you really trying to accomplish with this is?

King Satan
Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:00 AM
Ouch. Sorry to hear that...

*Sniff* do I smell mockery? :o
i was just messing around, nothing personal :)

Rothes
Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:04 AM
you just sound stupid and insensitive. i don't mean to be too sensitive but what were you really trying to accomplish with this is?

ya? you know people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Nice one Joe ;)

skanky~skanketta
Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:04 AM
oh shap!this is joe, he doesnt do this to mock or insult anyone!like the other day when he said he was leaving...to go swimming.

King Satan
Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:07 AM
:devil:

shap_half
Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:55 PM
Joking or not joking, I don't think this type of ignorant mockery should be taken lightly. If a comedian were to mock someone else's "coming out story" in his/her show, would the same people still laugh - they are trying to get the same effect as this loser is.

Let me tell you people a little story and this is actually a true story I read on one of those online journal things (could be LJ or Xanga, I don't remember right now), but there was this son of an owner of a restaurant and he's known to be a real joker and also clowning around bringing his friends to the restaurant and having a jolly good time. Now one of workers there who have been worker for quite some time is gay and everyone knows so. And one of the night the son of the owner was there with his friends, the gay guy's mother was there as well. And everyone who works there pretty much knows the guy's mother because he frequently visits and what not. So the son of the owner that one night calls the mother over to his table and tells her something along the line of "your son likes it up the ass, right?" and he laughs and his friends laugh and all the mother could do was smile because she was embarrassed by this.

I don't mean to be rude or uptight or whatever else you may want to say but the son of the owner was just trying to be funny, no?

decemberlove
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:04 PM
yknow, life is a lot easier if you lighten up a bit.

that story is entirely different than this. joe didnt go up to your mother and say "your son likes it up the ass".

shap_half
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:44 PM
yknow, life is a lot easier if you lighten up a bit.

that story is entirely different than this. joe didnt go up to your mother and say "your son likes it up the ass".

yes i understand that it wasn't to the degree of what happened in the story. and i'm not uptight. there are just certain things that piss me off and this is one of them. how is it ok to mock another post with a serious voice in it using the same thread title just to get people to laugh.

Dahveed
Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:20 PM
Ah no big deal, this one was funny! but a bit too predictable!

cellophane
Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:22 PM
Way too predictable! I knew once I saw the title again!

shap_half
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:15 PM
Do people who find this post "funny and shouldn't be taken too seriously" know the difficulty of coming out? If you do, then I'm glad you find it ok to tolerate people who chooses to mock the milestone in some people's lives. Coming out is already difficult enough without having people belittle it by creating threads like this.

cellophane
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:18 PM
I do personally, of course it's difficult, I'm just not taking the post seriously...

Dahveed
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:27 PM
Do people who find this post "funny and shouldn't be taken too seriously" know the difficulty of coming out? If you do, then I'm glad you find it ok to tolerate people who chooses to mock the milestone in some people's lives. Coming out is already difficult enough without having people belittle it by creating threads like this.

As a matter of fact, yes :)

Need to come out to my parents. And yeah that's the hardest thing right now. But i don't feel offended at all by this post. Some people are way harsher in life, i guess after the things i've been through, a bit of humour does not harm me anymore.

PS: sorry i edited your post by mistake :rolleyes: it's corrected now, ah the powers of administrators i don't even control..

mboyle
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:36 PM
OMG It isn't mockery:p . It is just trying to lighten up the atmosphere on the board. Honestly, with all the fighting and depressing stories and whatnot, we need some good, CLEAN, funny stories/jokes once in a while. If you consider THIS hurtful, then what funny joke DOESN'T hurt someone or something in some way?

controlfreak
Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:26 PM
Do people who find this post "funny and shouldn't be taken too seriously" know the difficulty of coming out?

Yeah... it can be a nightmare negotiating that little ridge that the closet door slots into! Talk about a health hazard! I mean, the number of times that thing has had me sprawled across the bedroom floor... it's high time this issue was addressed properly!