PDA

View Full Version : Damn It's Good To Be King!!

Car Key Boi
Jul 21st, 2003, 05:43 PM
most of wtaworld are student tards who don't even have a credit card never mind a broker account)

anyways, the company is Biopure which is traded on the NYSE and the stock symbol is BPUR

i'm looking to go long on this one for six months, maybe shorter

my target price is 20 bucks, BPUR is currently trading at $5.71 and will probably fall to about $5.50 in the next few days. That's when i plan to enter the trade

heres the Technical Analysis from Fuckstock Boi:

It looks OK to me - inverted h&s in the broad bottoming pattern, just had a pullback, no divergences of note, strong support just under $5.50. Since beginning of May the stock has formed some nice Elliott Waves, and looks as if it is currently forming a flag, suggesting more
upwards movement to come. There will be strong resistance at around $16 and $14-ish (the scaling isn't wonderful on TC2000, and I can't be bothered to wind up my intraday software I'm afraid).

Volume has recently picked up, and by the looks of things the two large volume bars at the end of May on the weekly chart were longs (ie, no big drop after them, so they can't have been shorts).

That's what I see from have a quick peep at the daily and weekly charts.

which to be honest, means jack shit to me, i trade a stock on the fundamentals, not on the math of it's chart

it's a dangerous play but here's the deal, and i'll start off with the bad. Biopure is a $265m company with $2m in trailing revenue and bleeding red ink like there's no tomorrow. Basically they're in desperate need of cash to keep going. Everything is gonna hinge on a new artificial blood product that is awaiting FDA approval. Now obviously their revenues will be low until it gets approved by the FDA, because without it, they don't have jack shit

now here's the good. I've been told that there have been some amazing test results in 3rd world countries. Biopure's blood oxidizes ten times faster than normal blood. It also should help concerns over aids and blood shortages blah. The US is now taking the aids threat in Africa very seriously as shown by Bush's recent ass-kissing African tour. He's promised a $15billion aid package to combat aids. This product could take a prominent role in that fight against aids in years to come...

Their artificial blood should be approved by the FDA within 6 months at the worse, but hopefully as early as end of August when a decision is expected. The FDA requested an extension to decide whether or not to approve it. There has never been a case where the FDA has requested an extension and not approved a drug. Furthermore, a little chick has told me that the company are so confident that they are already in heavy production of the blood, even though it hasn't been officially approved

as i said, it's highly speculative and dangerous, but the upside is enormous. These are the kind of plays i like

that is all

- Car Key Boi :cool:

Car Key Boi
Aug 20th, 2003, 07:53 PM
like i predicted, BPUR did drop to $5.50 and that's when i entered the trade

Biopure still haven't got the FDA approval yet (the FDA asked for clarification of some data but NOT more trials blah) but it's in the bag and not long after i entered the trade, the stock rose by more than 50%

DIGTBK!!

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=Bpur&sid=0&o_symb=Bpur&freq=1&time=5

Car Key Boi
Aug 20th, 2003, 08:11 PM
hey ckb...since 1998 when the first patent for artificial blood was filed, there has been absolutely no doubt that this would boom. not only because we fear infectious blood-borne diseases, but also be because synthetic plasma would be easy to store at room temperature and have a prolonged shelf life. there's no question whatsoever that this will boom given the global need for pure plasma.

other companies that are worth looking into are baxter, enzon, hemosol, northfield, sangui biotech and sangart. all of them are developing and researching this.

btw, if you're reading this and you're a jehovah's witness...you have more reason to invest. ;)

thanks for the tips on those other biotechs :kiss:

about the jehovah's witness angle, apparently Biopure's artificial blood is based on cow's blood so that may still be an issue for them. Same goes for Hindus blah...

also, now that we've got companies fairly advanced in artificial blood and also robotics and artificial intelligence, do yuo think it's possible for someone to build a Terminator? :D

Car Key Boi
Aug 31st, 2003, 05:57 PM
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=bpur&sid=0&o_symb=bpur&freq=1&time=5

DIGTBK!!! :D