PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be #1 At The End Of 2002?

Barrie_Dude
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:13 AM
By Orders Of Griffin, I was Forced To Edit This This Post And Include Amilee. I Still Shudder To Think Of What Grif Threatened To Do To Me If I Did Not!

Anyway, the point is, who will be #1 at the End Of The Year!

Sonja
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:25 AM
Well THANK YOU GRIFF and *slap* at Barrie for not including her in the first place!!

anabel
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:27 AM
¿? ok.... again i voted for the best, cause the #1 has to be the best, so Hingis.

Barrie_Dude
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:28 AM
*Ouch!* I love it when you get physical with me Sonya Baby!;)

Linnie
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:30 AM
LOL!!

C'mon girls.....let's vote!!! :D

jabberwocky
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:32 AM
I don't suppose we could get you to spell her name correctly now, could we? :rolleyes: ;) :P

<font size=1> Just in case... it's AMELIE MAURESMO </font> :p

Barrie_Dude
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:35 AM
Amilee Who???? ;) :p

Bite Me.
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:36 AM
Yay, much better Barrie_dude!:bounce:

Sonja
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:38 AM
*slaps Barry really HARD this time, as not only has he spelled Amelie's name wrong but Son<font size=6>j<font size=2>a is spelled incorrectly too* :p

griffin
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:38 AM
No he couldn't jabs, he was educated in the South, too :p

Effort appreciated - and at least he got her middle name right ;)

Barrie_Dude
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:40 AM
Sonja- I can't help it if you don't know how to spell your name!:kiss: :rolleyes: ;)

jabberwocky
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:45 AM
*slaps Griff with a strawberry toaster strudel* :fiery: ;) :p :kiss:

Barrie_Dude
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:47 AM
Are you from the south, Jabs? Hmmm......

apoet29
Jan 29th, 2002, 02:48 AM
It is difficult to tell at this point. Before the ladies final, I would have said Hingis, but give her mental and emotional meltdown, I don't think she'll make the top spot, although she will always be a top five contender. Venus and Serena don't play enough to win the top spot, although they have both promised to play more this year. We'll have to see if the ladies keep good on that promise. Lindsay is amazing when she is on, but her four month injury break will preclude her from reclaiming the top spot. By the time, Lindsay comes back, it will be the clay court season and she is not a very good clay court. Amelia is amazing, but too mental for the spot. I think that Jen will hold on to the spot for at least the first couple of months, but I don't know if she will end at that spot. We will have to see!

Lapin
Jan 29th, 2002, 03:25 AM
Lol@ all the rowdy Amezons! :D

Thanks for changing your poll Barrie_dud..., I mean Barrie_dude ;)

and she's called '<font size=3 color=dodgerblue>Am-el-ie <font size=2 color=white>everyone!!!

:)

Jordan.
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:21 AM
Cool!

Milly
Jan 31st, 2002, 11:30 PM
It was about time that soo did something about that pool. I was really pissed when they didn't put Amelie among the candidates for nr. 1 at the end of the year! But now I'm happy, so thanks Barrie_Dude. I have just one more complaint. You could spell Momo's name correctly! Just keep in mind that it's: Amelie Mauresmo!
Keep that name in mind, cause you're surely gonna hear about it a lot in the future!
:bounce: :D :D :bounce:

Barrie_Dude
Feb 1st, 2002, 12:26 AM
Again, I ask: "Amilee Who"? :confused: :confused: :) ;)

Jessica02
Feb 1st, 2002, 01:29 AM
Miss hingis will end the year numero uno!!!! :)

Barrie_Dude
Feb 1st, 2002, 02:43 AM
Hingis? #1? hahahahahahahahahaha Over Jennifers dead body!:D :D :D

Maajken
Feb 1st, 2002, 02:46 AM
Since theres not much chance Lindsay will be no.1, im going with Martina.

Monica_Rules
Feb 1st, 2002, 02:54 AM
A vote for Mauresmo is a joke i mean she can't beat any of the top players any more!I doubt she'll get better than a quarter at a grandslam this year!

Sonja
Feb 1st, 2002, 03:00 AM
OK Monica_Rules, not to get a war going but...

How do you feel when they say Monica is past her prime and won't win a slam again? A true fan NEVER gives up hope, right?

The season has only just started. Amelie DID beat several top players last year and remains in the Top 10 and I consider voting for Monica as much of a joke, as voting for Amelie. They both are there for a reason, that is TALENT!

Barrie_Dude
Feb 1st, 2002, 03:03 AM
Shut Up and Kiss Me, Sonja! :kiss: :kiss:

griffin
Feb 1st, 2002, 03:12 AM
Monica_Rules, I actually DIDN'T vote for Amelie - but given that most of the women on that list don't have a realistic shot at #1, why pick on her and her fans?

What Sonja said - and don't be such a snot.

Bite Me.
Feb 1st, 2002, 03:13 AM
Monica_rules, at the moment Amelie has nine votes and Monica has two. How do you work that out to be a joke?

veryborednow
Feb 1st, 2002, 03:19 AM
Amelié!! Pffff!!

mcblonde
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:07 AM
monica_mules mate, you have no idea what you are taking about!
Just feel sorry for seles to have someone like you supporting her...:p

Milly
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:24 PM
Ok I'm gonna try and remain as calm as possible... But that's too much Monica_Rules! I mean why are you saying such stupid things! Do you see anyone else bitchin in here except you! I think that Momo has a lot more chances to be nr 1 at the end of the year than Monica does. I mean I wish Monica all the best and I'm still going to cheer for her, but you shouldn't talk this way about any player! Ok I think this was enough.
Amelie all the way.
And btw Amelie has 9 votes and Monica just 2!
:mad: :fiery: :mad:

arn
Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:08 AM
Venus, she will play more events and gain more points.

Bright Red
Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:27 AM
In decreasing order of who's most likely:

1) Hingis -- If she wins the French, she has the strongest chance of any other than Venus to end at #1. She plays enough tournaments to need only one Grand Slam title per year to reach the top, and she's not looking bad so far this year as far as being able to perform well at the French. (40% chance)

2) Venus -- I would be happiest if Venus ends #1. And if she wins the French, then she definitely should because I think she'll three-peat both Wimbledon and the USOpen. But I just don't know if she can win the clay title. (25% chance)

3) Capriati-- If she wins the French, then maybe, provided Hingis or Venus doesn't go on a serious winning streak (20%)

4) Lindsay-- not a big chance since she's injured and may miss some of her usual hardcourts coming up. (5%)

The others are either too far behind, or not likely to beat the top players in the Grand Slams (except maybe Kim).

Kart
Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:49 AM
If it's not Venus, I will laugh.

My vote goes for Martina, but JenCap is a close second.

If Amelie or Monica manage it I will be thrilled :):)

Barrie_Dude
Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:58 AM
People, People! Lets Not Argue! Just One Thing To Remember: "Jennifer Capriati, Always And Forever #1!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

LucasArg
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:30 AM
VENUS :bounce:

THE REAL N#1:cool:

last season and this season and next season.....

with or without the ranking

Barrie_Dude
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:32 AM
Pfffffffff...... Venus Who? Like She Stands A Chance! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cheeky
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:38 AM
vneus will reach number 1!!!!!!!:bounce:

cheeky
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:39 AM
sorry,meant to write venus will reach number 1!!!!!:bounce:

Barrie_Dude
Feb 2nd, 2002, 01:10 PM
Not if I can help it!;) :p

Williams Rulez
Feb 2nd, 2002, 01:17 PM
Go Venus!! You can do it!! :bounce: :bounce:

angie
Mar 4th, 2002, 12:50 AM
Monica, definitely.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 4th, 2002, 12:58 AM
I voted for Venus:sad: I hope Monica can make it into the top 5 again!