PDA

View Full Version : Leon: The Professional

tazban1
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Anyone see this movie?

I have the American release recorded from one of those movie channels on tape. I just received a director's cut?/import on DVD.

I just have to say, if you liked the American release, you should definitely try to get your hands on the director's cut. You can get it pretty easily from ebay.

There's an extra 20 minutes and they add SO much to the movie. It explains a lot and the most poignant, intense, amusing moments are during the 20 minutes that got cut out.

ys
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Anyone see this movie?

I have the American release recorded from one of those movie channels on tape. I just received a director's cut?/import on DVD.

I just have to say, if you liked the American release, you should definitely try to get your hands on the director's cut. You can get it pretty easily from ebay.

There's an extra 20 minutes and they add SO much to the movie. It explains a lot and the most poignant, intense, amusing moments are during the 20 minutes that got cut out.

Director's cut is always fun. I remember watching "director's cut of "Independence Day".. It's amazing that for commercial release they cut off the most logically important episode from the director's cut. In director's cut you have no questions, but in commercial release you really struggle to understand how does it follow.. I may imagine that it is the same for "Leon".

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Is a classic
what else is on the 20 mins added ??

got to get hold of one of these DVD's

one of my fav movies

Leon "can you stop saying ok"
Matilda "ok" :lol:

Car Key Boi
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:55 PM
is this the movie about the pedo hitman who runs off with a twelve year old chick?

tazban1
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Is a classic

It reveals the turning point of Leon's life when he was 19.

It shows Mathilda going on hits with Leon and training as well as a meeting with Tony.

It really fleshes out the relationship between Leon & Mathilda. I don't want to get too detailed in case someone wants to buy it, but there are some rather intense moments and the best scenes involve this. I always liked the American release, but thought that things felt a little abrupt. But I normally think that about most movies, so I figured that's all it was, but the missing scenes take away that aspect.

I have to say, Leon has the best first 10 minutes and last 10 minutes I have ever seen. At least, I can't think of any that are better.

The only disappointing thing about the DVD is that it had almost no extras. This was probably the only time that I actually wanted to see interviews and it didn't have any. Though, I bought a cheap version so maybe regular DVD's have all that stuff.

Car Key Boi
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Is a classic

underage sex scene perhaps...

tazban1
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:58 PM
is this the movie about the pedo hitman who runs off with a twelve year old chick?

I don't think he'd be considered a pedophile because he didn't actually do anything with her. And she runs to him.

smarties
Jul 20th, 2003, 11:01 PM
If you liked Leon , you must see Nikita, not the piece of s*** that the americans did with this beautifull french movie, but the original. In this movie, we see for the first time Leon.