PDA

View Full Version : Coldplay's Chris Martin charged with "malicious damage"

bluepastures
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:38 PM
From Sky News:

It seems that Chris Martin of the oh-so-dull :zzz: British band Coldplay is following in the steps of Liam Gallagher. Well, if your music's rubbish I guess you've got to make the headlines somehow :rolleyes:

"Sunday July 20, 06:40 PM -- Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin is in trouble with the law after allegedly attacking a photographer's car in Australia.Martin is accused of attacking the snapper's windshield with a rock and letting down his tyres.He has been charged with malicious damage and will have to appear in court on October 8.

The freelance photographer had taken pictures of Martin and his entourage surfing at Byron Bay on the New South Wales Far North Coast.

Infuriated, Martin was said to have approached the photographer and demanded that he erase the pictures from his digital camera.

Sydney's Daily Telegraph said Martin had told photographer Jon Lister: "Anywhere you go, I will go" unless the images were deleted.

He is then said to have attacked Mr Lister's windscreen and deflated his car's tyres.

Martin was in Byron Bay with Coldplay to perform in a music festival.

His actress girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow is touring with him but was not believed to have been present at the time of the alleged confrontation with the photographer.

Martin was said to have been with a woman and a man, believed to be a member of a leading Australian rock band."

shirley
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:54 PM
:lol:

Chris trying to act like a 'rock star' and having a run in with photographers! Well, what does he expect? His girlfriend/fiance is an Oscar-winning actress.

JonBcn
Jul 20th, 2003, 08:33 PM
That guy is such a tosser. I do have every sympathy for anyone who is being followed around by the press all the time though, but he's still a whiny twat.

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Jon, my sentiments exactly rolled together in a wonderful plethora of words that I believe they call a sentence. A salute for you Sir!

Experimentee
Jul 21st, 2003, 03:30 PM
I dont blame him. Photographers can be really dodgy and annoying sometimes.