PDA

View Full Version : Disney movies.....

Libertango
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Hey guys, does anyone here like Disney movies?? I'm nearly 20 now but I still love them :o Most of mates do too, although our families don't understand it (actually I think mine are a bit worried :p :lol: ) I think its the innocence and the great songs why we like them so much, and of course they remind us of our childhood.
My fave has to be Mulan :hearts: (I even have the soundtrack) I dont think this was a very popular film but I love it, as well as Pocahontas. I also love all the old faves like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King etc.

Any other fans out there??

Sam L
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:31 AM
I haven't seen a few of the recent movies like Mulan but I have seen all the classics.

From Snow White to Cinderella to Bambi to Mary Poppins to Sleeping Beauty to Aristocats to Peter pan to... ok you get the drift! ;)

decemberlove
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:33 AM
lady and the tramp :)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 20th, 2003, 11:22 AM
mulan :D ming na was great as mulan!!!
can't wait to see Mulan 2.... michelle kwan's voice is used :)

i love most of the disney movies. one of my bestfriends has a disney dvd collection ;)

LittleTennisFan
Jul 20th, 2003, 12:31 PM
My fave is The Little Mermaid

BigB08822
Jul 20th, 2003, 01:59 PM
For the record, Michelle Kwan's voice is only being used in one or two lines. So, don't expect her to be the voice of Mulan or a major character. :)

skanky~skanketta
Jul 20th, 2003, 02:15 PM
yay!a good thread!i LOVE disney movies. in fact, i subscribed to the disney channel despite the protests of my parents.LOL!

i think i have all the disney cartoon tapes, and though i love it, i find snow white to be the most boring of them all, though i have watched it over 20 times!the songs in it are really boring and snow white, IMO, is the UGLIEST disney heroine!(esmeralda from hunchback is the best!)

my top 5 faves are
1)the little mermaid
2)hercules
3)the lion king 2
4)beauty and the beast
5)aladdin

my top 5 fave disney songs are
1)Colors of the Wind - Vanessa Williams(Pocahontas)
2)Go the Distance - Michael Bolton(Hercules)
3)Son of Man - Phil Collins(Tarzan)
4)A Whole New World - Peabo Bryson/Patti Labelle(Aladdin)
5)Reflection - Christina Aguilera(Mulan)

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 20th, 2003, 02:50 PM
1. Aladdin (Lea Salonga's Jasmine singing voice :kiss: )
2. Finding Nemo
3. The Little Mermaid
4. The Lion King
5. Mulan

Experimentee
Jul 20th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Robin Hood (the one with the fox) :)

shirley
Jul 20th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Aladdin
The Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
Toy Story 1 & 2

irma
Jul 20th, 2003, 05:56 PM
I love disney movies. I want cinderella(the old one) on dvd but I heard that I have to wait till 2007 :sad:

my fav is the lion king both movies

and my fav song is in a perfect world again from the lion king 2;)

I didn't see much of the after 89 movies though except the lion king and belle and the beast. that movie dissapointed me.

the little donkey(or what ever the english title is) was the best short movie. they played it before peter pan in the cinema when I was a kid:)

tazban1
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:41 PM
I'm 22 and I still love Disney movies and cartoons. The main reasons I got digital cable is for the cartoon channels and for the internet discount.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:42 PM
For the record, Michelle Kwan's voice is only being used in one or two lines. So, don't expect her to be the voice of Mulan or a major character. :)
oh i know :) she is just the voice of a woman in a shop or something.

Libertango
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:46 PM
There is going to be a Mulan 2???? :eek: WOW, if so does anyone know when its released. I knew Michelle did a "Mulan on Ice" so she is a good choice to feature in the film...

Stijn
Jul 20th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Pocahontas, the Aristocats, Jungle Book,... :hearts:

Cilla
Jul 20th, 2003, 11:10 PM
:bounce: Dumbo :bounce:

Baby of mine..........:D

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 20th, 2003, 11:58 PM
There is going to be a Mulan 2???? :eek: WOW, if so does anyone know when its released. I knew Michelle did a "Mulan on Ice" so she is a good choice to feature in the film...
i think it's already made... no idea when they will release it - probably a lot sooner in the states than in norway... :(
i read about it last year or early this year, so maybe it will be out after this summer!

Ashie_87
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:20 AM
ooooo!!! Disney Movies are so cute! :angel: :lol:
i love:
Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Aristocats
Lion King
Mulan
Beauty and the Beast
Pete's Dragon

theheninfan
Jul 21st, 2003, 03:38 AM
I LOVE Finding Nemo! I've been to see it three times so far! I laughed so hard! Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, and Cinderella are also some of my favorites.

Vincent
Jul 21st, 2003, 04:17 AM
I love ALL the Disney movie:) The Finding Nemo is great, i have 2 T-shirts with Nemo and other fishs on it.

skanky~skanketta
Jul 21st, 2003, 04:54 AM
i have the lion kin 2 bed set, comforters, pillow covers. how embarrassing!LOL!but i love it!

Nikki
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:03 AM
I love Mulan aswell, didn't know there was a 2nd one made:)

I also like Toy Story 1 & 2, Monsters Inc, Robin Hood, Lion King:)

Libertango
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:28 PM
Oh I forgot about Monsters Inc. and Toy Story. Guess I don't think of them as Disney films but they were great too!!

So who is everyone's favourite character? I've already said mine is Mulan :kiss: but I also love Pocahontas, Jasmine (Aladdin), Timoon/Pumba (Lion King) Sebastian from Little Mermaid, all the pieces of furniture in Beauty and the Beast (Mrs Potts, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Chip etc) they so cute :lol:

irma
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:55 PM
uncle waldo;)

sometimes the short appearances are the best;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:59 PM
ooohh, i saw the trailer for Finding Nemo in London.. hahaha, i really want to see that one! :D

Shedevil
Jul 21st, 2003, 01:23 PM
pff disney movies, childish I'm not supprised Marri's posting in here :p ;) :kiss:
you guys seen Keizer Cuzco?
must be emperor Cuzco ;)

Ting
Jul 21st, 2003, 01:27 PM
oh I love the little mermaid:)

skanky~skanketta
Jul 21st, 2003, 02:30 PM
oh, the emperor's new groove was funny too.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 21st, 2003, 09:05 PM
pff disney movies, childish I'm not supprised Marri's posting in here :p ;) :kiss:
you guys seen Keizer Cuzco?
must be emperor Cuzco ;)
erm :eek: *slap* :p

Libertango
Jul 21st, 2003, 09:08 PM
Funniest Disney movie has to be Aladdin. I actually find it MUCH funnier now than I did back in the day ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 21st, 2003, 09:19 PM
lil mermaid - god i loved that crab Sebastian?

Rocketta
Jul 21st, 2003, 09:45 PM
my absolute favs are

1. Little Mermaid/Lion King

3. Aristocats

4. A Bug's Life

5. Mulan

thegoose
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:07 PM
That is soooo weird cos today i was actually going to watch Pocohontus 2 for the first time because someone in my family brought it but we never watched it!
I used to collect all the Disney Classics videos but after Hercules i stopped cos i wanted to be grown up but oh well! It didnt really work!
My faves are Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King and Pocohontus.
I still liked the older ones too tho like Snow White and Dumbo.

Rocketta
Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:45 AM
That is soooo weird cos today i was actually going to watch Pocohontus 2 for the first time because someone in my family brought it but we never watched it!
I used to collect all the Disney Classics videos but after Hercules i stopped cos i wanted to be grown up but oh well! It didnt really work!
My faves are Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King and Pocohontus.
I still liked the older ones too tho like Snow White and Dumbo.

Oh please I just bought Treasure Planet; which is really good, Go Dilbert Go Dilbert:dance: :dance: :p but I digress, and I'm 33! :p You're never too old. :D

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:01 AM
My Faves: Not In Any Order!

I love so many, so I'll just post the ones I've seen and loved

Originals:

Cinderella
Bambi
Aladdin
Finding Nemo
Emperor's New Groove
Great Mouse Detective
Robin Hood
Mulan
Lilo & Stitch
Monsters Inc
Pinocchio
Treasure Planet (Kind Of Sucked)
A Bug's Life

Sequel Movies:

Little Mermaid 1 & 2
Cinderella: Never Seen 2nd One!
Aladdin 1 & 2& 3
Toy Story 1 & 2
Jungle Book 1 & 2
The Lion King 1 & 2
Beauty And The Beast & Enchanted Xmas
101 Dalmations: Never Seen 2nd One!
The Rescuers 1 & 2
Atlantis: Never Seen 2nd One!
Peter Pan 1 & 2
Pocohontas 1 & 2 2ND 1 SUCKED!
Tarzan: Never Seen 2nd One!

Any many, many more... :wavey:

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:06 AM
I think besides all the classics listed above, I'm surprised not any peopel acknowledge The Rescuers as great movies. They both are fabulous, and the sequel is even better. Let me see if I can remind some of you...

Rescuers 1: Bernard/Miss Bianca try to save Penny, the orphan gril from Madam Medusa, the diamond bitch and her 2 Crocs and Scared Hubby.

Rescuers 2: Bernard/Miss Bianca try to save Cody, who was kidnapped by McCleach, the poacher. Cody befriends Marahote(sp) the big eagle.

GREAT MOVIES!

skanky~skanketta
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:48 AM
ugh!none of the sequels were good!except lion king 2, which i found was better than the first.

banana
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:07 AM
*NEWS FLASH* Cinderella has been thrown out of dineyland, according to reports, she took off her skirt, sat on Pinocchio's face and screamed "LIE BITCH, LIE" :eek: :devil: :p :lol: :yeah:

Viva
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:29 AM
I am a huge Disney fan!

I know all the words to Aladdin and The Lion King. My friend and pick characters and we do role playing while watching the movies. Yes we are sad.

My faves are Robin Hood, The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty and Alice in Wonderland.

But I also like Toy Story, A Bug's Life and Fantasia (even if it is a little weird).

I have the soundtracks to every Disney movie too. Yeh yeh I'm pathetic. 18 and still a cartoon lover. I can't help it - I don't want to grow up! Waaah!

irma
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:52 AM
they wanted to make a snowwhite two too but they canceled that idea. the found it a too big risk

Libertango
Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:43 AM
I never saw Pocahontas 2, what was it like? After I heard the plot (She is locked up in some London cell or something) I decided to steer clear! ;)

I can't believe I totally forgot about Rescuers, and actually I find the 2nd, Rescuers Down Under even better! I never liked Fantasia though, so boring! Zzzzzzzzzz...........