PDA

View Full Version : I have no rhythm

Steam
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:22 AM
What is up with that?

I was at a bar/pseudo club and I just couldn't pull off the whole schtick. How come being tall and white equals absolutely no rhythm at all? Even the people's chick had enough and walked away. Hell, even the rat looking motherfucker next to me was getting more play. I suck.

King Satan
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:25 AM
King Beef couldn't get none? :confused: i thought you were god's gift to women? :confused: lol

don't worry about it steamer, you can't help that you're white. I'll pray for you brother ;)

Sam L
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:32 AM
I got rhythm, I got music, I got my man
Who could ask for anything more?

Bacardi
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Steam.... Everybody has rhythm.. You just have to find your inner rhythm and allow it to come out and wash over your body.

CC
Jul 20th, 2003, 02:42 PM
I have rhythm, but sometimes it's hard to tell what to do with it.

*JR*
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:18 PM
I got rhythm, I got music, I got my man
Who could ask for anything more?
Written many decades ago by George & Ira Gershwin, of course! ;)

propi
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:29 PM
It's not a question of being white or tall
Get drunk and you'll find it :devil:
Seriously, just let it go :confused:

Steam
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:26 PM
King Beef couldn't get none? :confused: i thought you were god's gift to women? :confused: lol

don't worry about it steamer, you can't help that you're white. I'll pray for you brother ;)

How many times do I tell you that I swing for the fences. I don't waste time on the little groupie chicks. But that dance floor was like a meat market and I was the guy trying to sell olive loaf.

And I was drunk and I blame my severe lack of rythym on being tall and white. I ended up doing the white guy shuffle and that isn't very appealing. Could have been worse I could have done my Steamer dance, and THAT would have been embarrassing.

I guess that is why I normally stick to bars.

decemberlove
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:50 PM
blah. clubs are stupid anyway.

Steam
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:57 PM
blah. clubs are stupid anyway.

I agree but always get outvoted.

apoet29
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Darling, as long as you have rhythm in one important area, namely the bedroom, chicks won't care if you can't dance.

Jon is right. Play to your strengths. You have the intelligence and wit to land any girl you want. Believe that. :)

King Satan
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:17 PM
How many times do I tell you that I swing for the fences. I don't waste time on the little groupie chicks. But that dance floor was like a meat market and I was the guy trying to sell olive loaf.

And I was drunk and I blame my severe lack of rythym on being tall and white. I ended up doing the white guy shuffle and that isn't very appealing. Could have been worse I could have done my Steamer dance, and THAT would have been embarrassing.

I guess that is why I normally stick to bars.
Lmao! the white guy shuffle? :lol:

i know you say you swing for the fences. but you are definitely in need of some BP. you have to learn how to hit before you can hit it out :cool: lol

Steam
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Jon is right. Play to your strengths. You have the intelligence and wit to land any girl you want. Believe that. :)

Well, there is not much you can do with that at a club. Can't exactly start doing stand up in the middle of the dance floor although I did get in a halfway decent line on one girl but that was about it.

Steam
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Lmao! the white guy shuffle? :lol:

i know you say you swing for the fences. but you are definitely in need of some BP. you have to learn how to hit before you can hit it out :cool: lol

Bastard, I'm not Tony Gwynn I'm more like Rob Deer. I either am going to hit it out or strike out. And when I hit that homer its not going to be just a generic homerun its going to be like the homerun in "The Natural", crowd going wild, lights exploding, all that shit.

Monica_Rules
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Ah thats were i'm lucky out of all the lads i know i'm the only one that can dance!

What makes it worse is when i dance with friends i take the piss out of other people by doing stupid dances.

I was at a club a few weeks ago and this lad was really going for it dancing he was good but what a show off!

A4
Jul 21st, 2003, 06:53 PM
Its so easy to pick up women in a club. I just can't do that in a bar. What do you tell a woman in a bar? The conversation, if you can call it that peters out in less than a minute.

Miss Thang
Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:02 AM
What is up with that?

I was at a bar/pseudo club and I just couldn't pull off the whole schtick. How come being tall and white equals absolutely no rhythm at all? Even the people's chick had enough and walked away. Hell, even the rat looking motherfucker next to me was getting more play. I suck.

Did u grow up listenin to hard rock and heavy metal? I ask cuz the white boys I know who aint got no rhythm are the one who be more into head bangin music. Metal aint got no groove and that why u stiff on the dance floor. The white boys who been listenin to rnb, freestyle and house since they was kids got more rhythm and some of them (not all of them) can even turn some brotha's out. :cool:

Steam
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Yeah, was at a bootlegged dance club last night and once again sucked. I need to go back to going to bars and just nodding my head a lot. I blow.

King Satan
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:24 AM
you're one pathetic loser!

sucks to be you man!

Steam
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:27 AM
you're one pathetic loser!

sucks to be you man!

I'm still a lot better off than you. I don't need the internet to validate my opinion of myself.

Anyway, it will all work out. I just don't have the dancing ability, but I will say one thing, I looked FANTASTIC.

R&J
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:34 AM
It's not a question of being white or tall
Get drunk and you'll find it :devil:
Seriously, just let it go :confused:
haha - very true!! Just dont puke on the dance floor - that wont get you any.
Ronny and I are white - and we tear up the dance floor. That is what attracted me to Ronny in the first place (at first sight)- And he said he noticed me also because of my dancing - I can dance for hours. And it is only when I dance that I feel so free (sounds like a Madonna song).

"Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free....at night, I jam the dance floor for everyone to seeeeee....I'm not tired of dancing and I'm not by myself - tonight I wanna dance with no one else."

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/party/party-smiley-048.gifhttp://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/party/party-smiley-048.gif

Miss Thang
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Yeah, was at a bootlegged dance club last night and once again sucked. I need to go back to going to bars and just nodding my head a lot. I blow.

Chile that sounds like a plan cuz if u aint enjoyin the dancin then there be no reason to go. I hate goin to clubs and seein folk there who look like they aint havin fun. They just takin up my space and other dancin fools space on the dance floor. :cool:

Miss Thang
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:38 PM
haha - very true!! Just dont puke on the dance floor - that wont get you any.
Ronny and I are white - and we tear up the dance floor. That is what attracted me to Ronny in the first place (at first sight)- And he said he noticed me also because of my dancing - I can dance for hours. And it is only when I dance that I feel so free (sounds like a Madonna song).

"Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free....at night, I jam the dance floor for everyone to seeeeee....I'm not tired of dancing and I'm not by myself - tonight I wanna dance with no one else."

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/party/party-smiley-048.gifhttp://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/party/party-smiley-048.gif

Go head boo! I just hope u don't dance like those 2 smileys cuz they mad off beat. :cool:

Nicoleke
Jul 27th, 2003, 03:45 PM
What is up with that?

Why don' t you dance wonderfull slows with a wonderfull girl :hearts: ? lol

SJW
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:59 PM
clubs do NOT suck!

errrrmmmmm.....about ur problem.....drown urself in RnB and Hip Hop, anything that has a BEAT. once you can move to the beat right, aint no stopping ya bruv :cool:

Steam
Jul 28th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Chile that sounds like a plan cuz if u aint enjoyin the dancin then there be no reason to go. I hate goin to clubs and seein folk there who look like they aint havin fun. They just takin up my space and other dancin fools space on the dance floor. :cool:

This was a mad bootlegged club anyway. Way too many Joe High School/College types whose main interest was guarding the keg. Extremely ghetto. I just stood on the fringe of the dance floor and laughed at my friend who was dancing. I wanted him to break out some "Silver Spoon" style break dancing but he never did. Bastard.

Miss Thang
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:17 AM
clubs do NOT suck!

errrrmmmmm.....about ur problem.....drown urself in RnB and Hip Hop, anything that has a BEAT. once you can move to the beat right, aint no stopping ya bruv :cool:

Girl I think it too late for that cuz he already in college. If he had been into rnb and hip hop 10 years ago he coulda had a chance to find the beat. :cool:

Miss Thang
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:22 AM
This was a mad bootlegged club anyway. Way too many Joe High School/College types whose main interest was guarding the keg. Extremely ghetto. I just stood on the fringe of the dance floor and laughed at my friend who was dancing. I wanted him to break out some "Silver Spoon" style break dancing but he never did. Bastard.

Chile I aint surprised cuz it sounded ghetto the first time u was talkin bout it. Kee-kee It sound more like a house party and a keg? Kee-kee that is so frat boy. :lol: And honey please no break dancing cuz that is mad corny and so dang ol school. :cool:

Miss Thang
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Da Forehand this is for u so u can understand I was just teasin Steam. :D

GBFH
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:42 PM
HAH!
he's still gay.

Miss Thang
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:48 PM
HAH!
he's still gay.

:lol: Chile u just instigatin. :cool:

ys
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:54 PM
What is "club"? Local slang for "nightclub" or something else?

ys
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Never been to local one. But I can't dance too. I'll be taking classes, I tihnk. This has to be learnt. It is a part of a human culture.

GBFH
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:58 PM
:lol: Chile u just instigatin. :cool:

naturally :cool:
like he cares, anyway.

ys
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:01 AM
i agree with you ys. i too love to dance. i hear music and i start moving no matter what i'm doing. and it's not dancing i was talking about, but in fact the whole nightclub atmosphere. too meat markety for me.

Every single nightclub that I've ever been was badly overcrowded and too noisy to have even the simplest talk. And the music was the kind of that makes you deaf for a week after.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:03 AM
i agree with you ys. i too love to dance. i hear music and i start moving no matter what i'm doing. and it's not dancing i was talking about, but in fact the whole nightclub atmosphere. too meat markety for me.

i could not imagine you having to go to a nightclub to find a dude.

steam needs to grow some balls, tell his friends to fuck all, and go where he wants. all he does is get hammered anyway, and at least they have good booze at bars.

decemberlove
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:11 AM
clubs are a waste of time. i hate sweaty people and shitty techno music.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:12 AM
lmao! not at all. but i have gone several times for friends' parties so i have a good idea how it is. i can't stand nightclubs. for the most part, the nightclub dude group is loaded with losers who still live with their mothers.

lmao! and methinks such men wouldn't last long with da diva.

although, why do your friends go to nightclubs? why not a nice restaurant? or a banquet hall? or something? at least you won't be tone-deaf for three days after.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:13 AM

and besides, you get your men from outside sources ;) seen dr. fuck-me lately?

decemberlove
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:16 AM
and besides, you get your men from outside sources ;) seen dr. fuck-me lately?

true, i dont need those big meathead waxed vain guidos.

and no, i havent. havent seen the 16 year old either.

me and damon arent even together anymore apparently. ive been too busy with school and night classes to see him. and on the weekends hes too busy for me, so whatever. its for the best anyway.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:19 AM
i have several groups of friends. some only do the restaurant/wine-tasting thing, others club, and still others attend no-holds barred ultimate fighting championships. i love 'em all, despite our differences, and wouldn't dream of turning down a birthday/anniversary/engagement party invitation from any of them. for me, the pleasure is in the company.

i didn't say you should abandon your friends, babe. and you're right, so long as the company's good, you can handle the location ;)

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:20 AM
true, i dont need those big meathead waxed vain guidos.

and no, i havent. havent seen the 16 year old either.

me and damon arent even together anymore apparently. ive been too busy with school and night classes to see him. and on the weekends hes too busy for me, so whatever. its for the best anyway.

:sad:
I'm sorry, holiday.

guess that's more for me, though *looks hopeful*

Meesh
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:48 AM
So Steam do you do the "white man's overbite" on the dance floor?

I've been going to dives lately because my friends all smoke and they started the smoking ban in Florida a few months back. You can't smokes in clubs/bars/restuarants etc....
Some places can get away with customers smoking if 10% or less of their revenue is food sales. So that's where we end up going! YUK, I need to get some friends that won't cause cancer!! :tape:

King Satan
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:51 AM
lmao! not at all. but i have gone several times for friends' parties so i have a good idea how it is. i can't stand nightclubs. for the most part, the nightclub dude group is loaded with losers who still live with their mothers.
lmao! looks like i'm shit out of luck :o

Steam
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:54 AM
So Steam do you do the "white man's overbite" on the dance floor?

I've been going to dives lately because my friends all smoke and they started the smoking ban in Florida a few months back. You can't smokes in clubs/bars/restuarants etc....
Some places can get away with customers smoking if 10% or less of their revenue is food sales. So that's where we end up going! YUK, I need to get some friends that won't cause cancer!! :tape:

I have decided not to dance anymore. I just go to watch the spectacle.

Back in college, everytime I was drunk for the most part I would start dancing. It was AWFUL but people were amused and kept requesting me to "do the Steamer". It was basically me with my hands out palms down moving down up and down while bouncing a bit. Putrid.

So, in general, clubs suck and so do I.

King Satan
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:56 AM
Steam, you need a different dance. A proven method to score chicks is: do the MACarena! :dance: after you do that, you'll have to fight the women off with a stick ;)

Mrs. Peel
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:58 AM
After reading this thread, I think I want to see ys get down and dirty on the dancefloor :cool: :kiss:

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Steam, I need some accounting advice.

I'm working on my statement of cash flows, and I have a bit of a dilemma...in my investing activities section, I bought some fixed assets on account...now, I know that's not a cash transaction, but my check figure for net increase in cash INCLUDES the cost of the purchase of these fixed assets. should I just ignore whether or not it's cash or noncash and include it in my investing activities or go ahead and add the the schedule of noncash investing transactions at the bottom of the SCF?

Steam
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:04 AM
Steam, I need some accounting advice.

I'm working on my statement of cash flows, and I have a bit of a dilemma...in my investing activities section, I bought some fixed assets on account...now, I know that's not a cash transaction, but my check figure for net increase in cash INCLUDES the cost of the purchase of these fixed assets. should I just ignore whether or not it's cash or noncash and include it in my investing activities or go ahead and add the the schedule of noncash investing transactions at the bottom of the SCF?

Uh oh, flashback to real accounting and not the semi half-assed shit I do now.

Any idea when you are paying off the purchase of fixed assets?

That check figure with them included as a payment is that right?

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:11 AM
Uh oh, flashback to real accounting and not the semi half-assed shit I do now.

Any idea when you are paying off the purchase of fixed assets?

That check figure with them included as a payment is that right?

erm, let me check....

okay, I paid off one of them already...the second one I bought on Dec. 31st...hmm, apparently I debited fixed assets and credited accounts payable for the full amount. so...what should I do about the second one? My check figure (the answer for net increase in cash) includes my total investments in fixed assets.

decemberlove
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:18 AM
:sad:
I'm sorry, holiday.

guess that's more for me, though *looks hopeful*

dont worry, be happy

sometimes i think im too happy for my own good. i dunno where the hell the depressed holiday went.

Steam
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:19 AM
erm, let me check....

okay, I paid off one of them already...the second one I bought on Dec. 31st...hmm, apparently I debited fixed assets and credited accounts payable for the full amount. so...what should I do about the second one? My check figure (the answer for net increase in cash) includes my total investments in fixed assets.

Well, the entry putting it on the books was obviously right. I haven't done any of those statements in a long ass time and haven't started studying again for my CPA exam which I'm going to take in May.

I don't understand how purchasing fixed assets really effects your net increase in cash. You have to pay cash to obtain the fixed asset and most likely the terms on the sale is short-term. And what the hell do investments have to do with fixed assets? What did you buy? You would think that all your fixed assets will depreciate in time and not increase (unless of course you bought land).

Steam
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:20 AM
dont worry, be happy

sometimes i think im too happy for my own good. i dunno where the hell the depressed holiday went.

You killed her. I just hope that God can give us strength to survive that difficult loss.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:20 AM
dont worry, be happy

there's an element of truth to that...enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker, peace should be sought warily, etc. but i don't want you to be depressed :sad:

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:26 AM
Well, the entry putting it on the books was obviously right. I haven't done any of those statements in a long ass time and haven't started studying again for my CPA exam which I'm going to take in May.

I don't understand how purchasing fixed assets really effects your net increase in cash. You have to pay cash to obtain the fixed asset and most likely the terms on the sale is short-term. And what the hell do investments have to do with fixed assets? What did you buy? You would think that all your fixed assets will depreciate in time and not increase (unless of course you bought land).

Well good luck on the CPA. :)

aren't fixed assets included in investment spending? therefore, they're filed under cash flows from investing activities, yes? unless you sign a note for part of the purchase, in which case they go in the noncash investing activities section at the bottom on the SCF. or something. ah, fuck it. i'm gonna wing it, terence isn't gonna flunk me for one little thing like that. thanks, steam.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:28 AM
besides, my income statement and balance sheet are perfect, maybe i'll get partial credit. one can always hope.

Steam
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Well good luck on the CPA. :)

aren't fixed assets included in investment spending? therefore, they're filed under cash flows from investing activities, yes? unless you sign a note for part of the purchase, in which case they go in the noncash investing activities section at the bottom on the SCF. or something. ah, fuck it. i'm gonna wing it, terence isn't gonna flunk me for one little thing like that. thanks, steam.

Sorry that I could be of no assistance to you. I haven't looked at that stuff in so long since I don't deal with it at all. The only fixed assets I know anymore are the ones that we need to calculate now due to GASB 34. Good luck with it though.

Now I am going to get back to my tax title spreadsheet.

Steam
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:30 AM
besides, my income statement and balance sheet are perfect, maybe i'll get partial credit. one can always hope.

I'm sure you can look up the answers online.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Sorry that I could be of no assistance to you. I haven't looked at that stuff in so long since I don't deal with it at all. The only fixed assets I know anymore are the ones that we need to calculate now due to GASB 34. Good luck with it though.

Now I am going to get back to my tax title spreadsheet.

No, you helped me make up my mind. Thanks :)

oh, fun fun! i love tax, don't you?

Crazy Canuck
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't quite "get' the whole clubbing scene. I hate going out to loud clubs with my friends - give me a pub where we can all talk anyday. I'm only going to be with them a few years, I'd like to hear their thoughts and ideas, not crawl through a crowd - getting rubbed up against several times - trying to find their drunk asses.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:34 AM
I'm sure you can look up the answers online.

no, but I could've bought the project from someone who took the class last semester for about $60. oh well, it's just the SCF. who gives a fuck about that, anyway?

Crazy Canuck
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:35 AM
That accounting shite sounds dreadully boring, btw.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:38 AM

but i love it ;)

decemberlove
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:39 AM
id like to know why the fuck everyone has off school tomorrow and mine has yet to cancel?

i dont feel like walking in 40mph winds thorugh a campus that is a wind tunnel already with rain whipping at my face.

someone come kidnap me please

Steam
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:40 AM
No, you helped me make up my mind. Thanks :)

oh, fun fun! i love tax, don't you?

No, this sucks since the people who are doing the entries are idiots and never can get it right. So we have to go there and help them balance even though that technically isn't our job and we STILL aren't appreciated. Fuckers.

Steam
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:41 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't quite "get' the whole clubbing scene. I hate going out to loud clubs with my friends - give me a pub where we can all talk anyday. I'm only going to be with them a few years, I'd like to hear their thoughts and ideas, not crawl through a crowd - getting rubbed up against several times - trying to find their drunk asses.

Yeah, I agree but my friend always needs his "comfort level" to be high so we cave to his bitch ass.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:42 AM
id like to know why the fuck everyone has off school tomorrow and mine has yet to cancel?

i dont feel like walking in 40mph winds thorugh a campus that is a wind tunnel already with rain whipping at my face.

like you need to ask??? *books flight to jersey*

ys
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:42 AM

Not necessarily, but could I get a Russian translation, to understand WTF it is all about..

For me it sounds like.. Anyone remember movie "Threesome" with Lara Flynt Boyle? In the movie, some complex and rare words were turning her on.. That's similar..

Hurley
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:43 AM

They haven't canceled me yet either :mad:

I'm kind of hoping that they don't, though, since if we don't have school, we won't put out a paper. Which means my article for today doesn't run. Which means I'm out $25. Suck!

Hurley
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:44 AM
Ever notice that Steam threads rule? We're so fun and smart.

I love us.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:44 AM
No, this sucks since the people who are doing the entries are idiots and never can get it right. So we have to go there and help them balance even though that technically isn't our job and we STILL aren't appreciated. Fuckers.

:rolleyes:
not surprised at all. i'm really looking forward to my future career.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:45 AM
Ever notice that Steam threads rule? We're so fun and smart.

I love us.

Ra! :banana:

decemberlove
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:46 AM
like you need to ask??? *books flight to jersey*

ok, but no texas. i dont think ill fit in there too well :)

Hurley
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Ra! :banana:

Am I the only one who wants to see :banana: and :aparty: get married?

decemberlove
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:47 AM
They haven't canceled me yet either :mad:

I'm kind of hoping that they don't, though, since if we don't have school, we won't put out a paper. Which means my article for today doesn't run. Which means I'm out $25. Suck!

you dont get a refund?? thats bullshit.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:48 AM
ok, but no texas. i dont think ill fit in there too well :)

hmm...how about San Fransisco? we could crash at DD's.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Am I the only one who wants to see :banana: and :aparty: get married?

I'd like to see :drive: and :cuckoo: mated.

Hurley
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:52 AM
you dont get a refund?? thats bullshit.

Well, if no one reads my shit, why would they pay me? I'm paid for what I write, and if it doesn't get printed, it's like it never existed.

And this particular article was about the hurricane, so it's not like they can run it afterwards. Tough for beaters to get their shit held; if it doesn't run tomorrow, it's dated and will never run. Oh well.

At least everyone doesn't get paid. Well, I guess the copy editors would still get paid. :mad:

Hurley
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:53 AM
I'd like to see :drive: and :cuckoo: mated.

:drive: is very cute. He reminds me of me!!

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:54 AM
:drive: is very cute. He reminds me of me!!

hmm...then how about a :drive: (Hurley) and :banana: (Steam) marraige?

Hurley
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:56 AM
hmm...then how about a :drive: (Hurley) and :banana: (Steam) marraige?

Whitest. Children. EVER!

Steam
Sep 18th, 2003, 05:04 AM
Whitest. Children. EVER!

Well, I don't know who would pop out the kid. This isn't a very lame Arnold Schwarzennegger comedy.

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 05:05 AM
Well, I don't know who would pop out the kid. This isn't a very lame Arnold Schwarzennegger comedy.

could always have a surrogate mother *paging Rebecca*

King Satan
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:52 PM
I only read your thread title but aren't you a white boy?? A straight one at that, i would see the :confused: if you were gay :p Maybe someone somewhere in this thread already tackled your race issues asscioated with rhythm :D I have a theory on this but it might be considered racist :D
cmon joy! give us the theory! we all know you're racist anyways :p lol

JonBcn
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Ah, the well-known myth that straight white males are amongst the most rhythmically challenged of folks. I fear there is an element of truth to it ;) Next time you go to a club, take an E. You still wont be able to dance, but you'll do it anyway, and wont be in the least bit self-conscious :p

Miss Thang
Sep 18th, 2003, 10:18 PM
don't worry about it steam. every guy friend i have who's met his lady love in a bar/pseudo club was glad to see it end eventually. if what you're looking for is a dance and a lay, then that's probably where you'll find it (which means you might need dancing lessons). but if it's something of substance you're trying to find, the bar/pseudo club is your worst bet.

That's right. If you're goin to clubs lookin to find a serious boyfriend or girlfriend then it aint gonna last. Some folk get lucky but usually it don't work out. I always feel sorry for folk who go to the clubs hopin to meet "the one". :sad:

Miss Thang
Sep 18th, 2003, 10:25 PM

Girl I feel u on that. There are only 2 clubs I luv cuz almost all the folk are there just to get their dance on which is the reason to go to the clubs in the first place. U can meet up with your crew first and get the talkin out the way cuz when y'all hit the club it gon only be bout shakin your tailfeather. ;)

Miss Thang
Sep 18th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Every single nightclub that I've ever been was badly overcrowded and too noisy to have even the simplest talk. And the music was the kind of that makes you deaf for a week after.

Chile it don't sound like clubs are for u if the music too loud. :o If u wanna meet new folk u should see if there are any singles clubs where u live where u can meet a buncha folk your age who every week go out to dinner or somethin. My sista is in a club like that and they go to see plays once a month and things like that. She aint feelin the clubs just like u so she like that better cuz u can talk without screamin, kee-kee. :)

Miss Thang
Sep 18th, 2003, 10:42 PM

Girl I disagree. :p ;) They are only a waste a time for folk who don't like to dance which should be the main reason why u goin there anyway. :cool: I cosign on the techno music!! I hate that ish but I aint hatin those folk who get their groove on to it. Gimme some rnb and some hip hop and I am good to go. :dance: <----- They need to get a better dance smiley. :lol:

Miss Thang
Sep 18th, 2003, 10:53 PM
i have several groups of friends. some only do the restaurant/wine-tasting thing, others club, and still others attend no-holds barred ultimate fighting championships. i love 'em all, despite our differences, and wouldn't dream of turning down a birthday/anniversary/engagement party invitation from any of them. for me, the pleasure is in the company.

I envy u girl. :o That the kinda life I always wanted but I just was neva good at keepin in touch with folk and lotta my friends were just peeps from work so u know when we was hangin we was always talkin bout work. :rolleyes: :lol:

Steam
May 15th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Ok, this thread is nearly two years old and I STILL lack any rhythm. My friends keep dragging me to the dance floor and try to get me to follow their lead but my awkward gangly ass keeps moving so totally out of sync. Its to the point where one of them outright refuses to dance with me.

So I think I can conclude that not only do I not have rhythm but I will never in my life have rhythm. So what do I do? Do I play up my lack of dancing skills and go for the cheap laughs or do I just sit down and not do a damn thing. Either way, I suck.

GBFH
May 15th, 2005, 07:23 PM
why dance when you can drop a $20 and have the girls dance on you?

Steam
May 15th, 2005, 07:26 PM
why dance when you can drop a $20 and have the girls dance on you?

My friends aren't strippers and don't do lap dances (well, except for that one party....)

I would just like the ability to look decent on the dancefloor and not feel like a total fool.

GBFH
May 15th, 2005, 07:31 PM
My friends aren't strippers and don't do lap dances (well, except for that one party....)

I would just like the ability to look decent on the dancefloor and not feel like a total fool.

yeah, the proverbial friend's drunken shenangians.

thelittlestelf
May 15th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Anyone can dance, all you need is a little confidence. You'll never be able to dance if you're too embarrassed to!

I'm not a very good dancer either, but who really cares? All that matters is if you have fun.

decemberlove
May 15th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Ok, this thread is nearly two years old and I STILL lack any rhythm. My friends keep dragging me to the dance floor and try to get me to follow their lead but my awkward gangly ass keeps moving so totally out of sync. Its to the point where one of them outright refuses to dance with me.

So I think I can conclude that not only do I not have rhythm but I will never in my life have rhythm. So what do I do? Do I play up my lack of dancing skills and go for the cheap laughs or do I just sit down and not do a damn thing. Either way, I suck.

well, two years later i'm still of the opinion that texas isn't right for me and that clubs are a waste of time. give me a dark pub and a guinness over a club, please. :) of course, pretty girls don't go to pubs often. everytime i go there i see some scary, white trash lady in her 40's all coked out, looking for a fuck.

do you play any musical instruments?

Steam
May 15th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Anyone can dance, all you need is a little confidence. You'll never be able to dance if you're too embarrassed to!

I'm not a very good dancer either, but who really cares? All that matters is if you have fun.

I know but I just find it all so silly and arbitrary.

My friends keep trying to give me confidence and show me what to do but I just find myself laughing at the whole thing. At this point though I feel like I have to learn so my friends efforts aren't in vein.

Either that or I can just remain on the sidelines making fun of everyone else.

Darop.
May 15th, 2005, 07:45 PM
lol huh?

You're too small to be in this thread :p

Steam
May 15th, 2005, 07:49 PM
well, two years later i'm still of the opinion that texas isn't right for me and that clubs are a waste of time. give me a dark pub and a guinness over a club, please. :) of course, pretty girls don't go to pubs often. everytime i go there i see some scary, white trash lady in her 40's all coked out, looking for a fuck.

do you play any musical instruments?

I prefer bars but my friends prefer clubs so I cater to the majority. The bar that I went to with my friend back home had a few of the type that you mentioned and it was sad. The bad thing is that that makes average looking girls hot by comparison and you make bad decisions.

I have no musical talent whatsoever, although I was in chorus in the third grade.

decemberlove
May 15th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I prefer bars but my friends prefer clubs so I cater to the majority. The bar that I went to with my friend back home had a few of the type that you mentioned and it was sad. The bad thing is that that makes average looking girls hot by comparison and you make bad decisions.

I have no musical talent whatsoever, although I was in chorus in the third grade.

yeah, jersey is infamous for those type of girls, esp north jersey.

i got dragged to a few clubs over the summer. my favorite one thou, is the sawmill in seaside heights. yeah, yeah, nasty town. but upstairs in a club/dancefloor and downstairs is a huge bar with yummy pizza and LCD screens everywhere. i like it cos i can go there with friends and sneak downstairs. it's very rare that i dance. i have to be completely trashed, and even then, i will only dance with girls. i usually just sit at the bar by myself cos it's impossible to actually have a conversation with someone in a club.

maybe you should try to pick up an instrument. it supposedly helps find the beat. or just take simple dance lessons. althou, that might not help cos all dancing is nowadays is dry humping vertically.

Steam
May 15th, 2005, 08:03 PM
yeah, jersey is infamous for those type of girls, esp north jersey.

i got dragged to a few clubs over the summer. my favorite one thou, is the sawmill in seaside heights. yeah, yeah, nasty town. but upstairs in a club/dancefloor and downstairs is a huge bar with yummy pizza and LCD screens everywhere. i like it cos i can go there with friends and sneak downstairs. it's very rare that i dance. i have to be completely trashed, and even then, i will only dance with girls. i usually just sit at the bar by myself cos it's impossible to actually have a conversation with someone in a club.

maybe you should try to pick up an instrument. it supposedly helps find the beat. or just take simple dance lessons. althou, that might not help cos all dancing is nowadays is dry humping vertically.

In spite of that, I still love North Jersey.

Haven't been to the Jersey Shore in years. Went there a few times as a kid and that was enough. I've never been a big beach fan (but am being forced to go to one July 4th weekend). But I like those kinds of clubs where there are different levels and you can go about your own way. They had a semi-decent one in Long Island that I went to last year.

I was thinking about dance lessons but I dont' think that would help too much especially with the cost. I think I'm just going to sit it out more often than not.

rightous
May 15th, 2005, 08:07 PM
lol I was at a hip hop club in NY in march and this guy came up to me and said I have a black soul, so I just told him I am a white shade of black, I don't think he got me!!!lol

But its so funny watching wiggers trying to get down and dirty

Circe
May 16th, 2005, 07:41 PM
some folk don't have it. rythym i mean. best to accept it and make a fool of yourself on the dancefloor. and its not just guys, there was this girl in my school who tried for 3 years to make the cheerleading squad but just couldn't shake that hip at all convincingly.

sitting it out - is that really an option? you do get labelled eventually.

Da Bizzness
May 16th, 2005, 08:32 PM
if you're white, there's no hope for you.

McAuley
May 17th, 2005, 04:46 AM
I'm a terrible dancer and I accept it. :) At my cousin's wedding two years ago, they had to drag me off the dance floor. In my mind I thought I was moving like Wade Robson or Justin Timberlake but when I saw the reception video, I cringed but kept my sense of humour as well. What I would give to dance like the banana smiley. :lol: When Britney, Justin and Pink became popular and their videos showed them dancing with lots of rhythm, they gave me hope but then I realized it just wasn't meant to be. :o

PaulieM
May 17th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I'm a terrible dancer and I accept it. :) At my cousin's wedding two years ago, they had to drag me off the dance floor. In my mind I thought I was moving like Wade Robson or Justin Timberlake but when I saw the reception video, I cringed but kept my sense of humour as well. What I would give to dance like the banana smiley. :lol: When Britney, Justin and Pink became popular and their videos showed them dancing with lots of rhythm, they gave me hope but then I realized it just wasn't meant to be. :o
aww your post made me laugh, in a good way. you're right about that banana smiley having some hot dance moves! i think pretty much everyone can dance, if they stop worrying about trying to dance a particular way. as for their being hope for straight white males, i'm sure there must be. if not you're not the only ones that can't dance. i'm a black female, and although i can dance decently, i never feel like i'm a great dancer but it can still be fun. i hate going out with people that don't want to dance, it's so boring. i'm in college and all people want to do is go to lame frat parties and stand around a keg it's so stupid. :(

Dana Marcy
May 17th, 2005, 10:39 PM

It doesn't sound too promising for you but I just hope you don't dance like Elaine on Seinfeld. ;) This thread reminds me of 3 white guys I work with that "tried too hard" at our Christmas party. I got the sense that they really want to have rhythm because of the popularity of hip hop and black pop culture. if hip hop wasn't popular they wouldn't even care about being good dancers.

Dana Marcy
May 17th, 2005, 10:42 PM
In my mind I thought I was moving like Wade Robson or Justin Timberlake but when I saw the reception video, I cringed but kept my sense of humour as well.

I chaperoned my daughter and a few of her friends to an Nsync concert back in 2000 and I thought Justin had rhythm. He wasn't as good as Usher overall but he definitely had soul in his movement. I was surprised. :lol:

What I would give to dance like the banana smiley.

I don't think the dancing banana is that rhythmic. :shrug:

Hot 92 Jamz
May 18th, 2005, 11:27 AM
i hate going out with people that don't want to dance, it's so boring. i'm in college and all people want to do is go to lame frat parties and stand around a keg it's so stupid. :(

I know what you mean but eventhough I canít dance a lick, I still like going clubbing just to hear music I love played at high decibels. :D Out of courtesy to my friends (I donít wanna spoil their night by not dancing), I wander off alone and just take in the whole vibe of the club. Itís fun to watch everyone dancing, too. :)

kabuki
May 18th, 2005, 12:17 PM
How come being tall and white equals absolutely no rhythm at all?

I feel like I have to defend the tall, white boys here. :lol:

My BF is a hunk of tall, white rythym. He did, however, grow up in a predominantly non-white neighborhood.

Personally, I think anyone can learn to dance... It just takes practice. :dance:

kabuki
May 18th, 2005, 12:19 PM
lol I was at a hip hop club in NY in march and this guy came up to me and said I have a black soul, so I just told him I am a white shade of black, I don't think he got me!!!lol

But its so funny watching wiggers trying to get down and dirty

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Tell me that I lost something in the trans-Atlantic translation. Please.

Hot 92 Jamz
May 18th, 2005, 12:30 PM

Are you asking for a definition of wiggers? I just want to make sure.

kabuki
May 18th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Are you asking for a definition of wiggers? I just want to make sure.

Nope. I just hoped someone had more sense than to use that term. :eek:

Dana Marcy
May 18th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Nope. I just hoped someone had more sense than to use that term. :eek:

I was thinking the same thing but since we're on the topic, some of them do try way too hard. :lol:

Rocketta
May 18th, 2005, 10:30 PM

ah Kabuki, leave my husband alone! :armed:

Steam
May 19th, 2005, 03:33 AM
i'm in college and all people want to do is go to lame frat parties and stand around a keg it's so stupid. :(

Awwww, those were the days. Except for the part about standing around a keg. I never understand those tools.

I was so good and standing around drinking and making fun of pretty much everyone around. Now put me on a dance floor and I'm like a fish out of water. I'm just going to have go old school and bust out The Steamer Dance that drew me raves in college. It is so awful that its funny. Might as well just go for the comic relief, much like my winning rendition of Biz Markie's Just a Friend.

Steam
May 19th, 2005, 03:34 AM
It doesn't sound too promising for you but I just hope you don't dance like Elaine on Seinfeld. ;) This thread reminds me of 3 white guys I work with that "tried too hard" at our Christmas party. I got the sense that they really want to have rhythm because of the popularity of hip hop and black pop culture. if hip hop wasn't popular they wouldn't even care about being good dancers.

I'm never one of those try to hard guys. I just go out there, get humiliated and walk off after one song. I can't even get a fucking two-step down. What a zilch.

sixfeetfree
May 19th, 2005, 07:44 AM
I'm never one of those try to hard guys. I just go out there, get humiliated and walk off after one song. I can't even get a fucking two-step down. What a zilch.

Steam - When all else fails, do the chickendance... you can't fuck that up.