PDA

View Full Version : can someone die with vomiting a lot?

Chelra
Jul 19th, 2003, 01:47 PM
my freind is ill n vomits a lot.she look very bad n am woried 4 her :(

Vincent
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Did she eat something wrong or other disease, go to see the doctor at once.:(

Gowza
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:08 PM
i'm not sure talk to a doctor. but vomiting does get rid of all your vital fluids and dehydrates you so it's a good idea to try and keep down some fluids. if they start vomiting up blood then there's probably a big problem i think it could mean there is an ulcer or cancer but am not certain.

take her to the doctor!

Kart
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Yes, but only if it's lots and lots and lots and you get massively dehydrated. More likely in elderly people.

Chelra
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:50 PM
thanks 4 ur answers
doctor has see her n say she has stomach infection:(
is it serious?
she recieved medicine 2 take but it make her well 4 a moment then she start again:(

Experimentee
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Sometimes you can vomit in your sleep and end up drowning/choking in your own vomit. Its good to tilt the persons head sideways if that happens :o

irma
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:32 PM
thanks 4 ur answers
doctor has see her n say she has stomach infection:(
is it serious?
she recieved medicine 2 take but it make her well 4 a moment then she start again:(

I am not a doctor of course but I think a stomach infection is just a flu right? I don't think that's very serious. I guess she will feel better again in a week.

I never vomited in my sleep. I only vomit when I eat and drink too much and too fast. like yesterday. (no I am not a bulimia patient something like that happens maybe once or twice a year)

Chelra
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:43 PM
I am not a doctor of course but I think a stomach infection is just a flu right? I don't think that's very serious. I guess she will feel better again in a week.

I never vomited in my sleep. I only vomit when I eat and drink too much and too fast. like yesterday. (no I am not a bulimia patient something like that happens maybe once or twice a year)

she is ill more than a week:(she has a lot of pain in her stomach.
i hope she is well soon.it make me sad 2 c her like this :sad:

Chelra
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:16 PM
chelra...if she's got a stomach infection, she should be on antibiotics. if she's throwing up that much, she should be in the hospital hooked up to an i.v. so she doesn't get dehydrated. my gosh, chelra...this girl is quite ill, isn't she? :eek:

yes:sad:she has 2 stay on bed all the time bcoz she feels very week.:(

Barrie_Dude
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:31 PM
my freind is ill n vomits a lot.she look very bad n am woried 4 her :(Dehydration is more the immedeate worry, but, yes, she does need to see a Doctor, pronto!!!!!!

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:46 PM
I chuck up every morning, its usually a kinda sputum phlegm stuff that comes out... I've always had it, whenever I see docs they just relate it to allergies and give me nasal sprays or tablets which dont work.

I have a feeling it may be related to lactose intolerance as I cannot drink milk and I chuck up when I start exercising... it's a pain in the arse though cos the docs never say it is that yet nothing they give me ever works.

R&J
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:56 PM
my freind is ill n vomits a lot.she look very bad n am woried 4 her :(
Sorry to hear this. I hope she is better soon.:wavey:

RYNJ
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:08 PM
if you vomit or even cough blood uh something wrong there....

also no vomiting because you want to binge!

Chelra
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:46 PM
thank u 4 ur answers:)it help me bcoz am so woried 4 her.i dont c her everyday but then these days i am going 2 c her n she looks so bad.:(
i hope she is well soon

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:46 PM
make her drink lots of gatorade

Kart
Jul 20th, 2003, 12:19 AM
thank u 4 ur answers:)it help me bcoz am so woried 4 her.i dont c her everyday but then these days i am going 2 c her n she looks so bad.:(
i hope she is well soon

How old is your friend ?

Barrie_Dude
Jul 20th, 2003, 12:21 AM
i hope she is well soonGet Her To A Doctor! :eek:

-Sonic-
Jul 20th, 2003, 02:51 AM
Also can't throwing up a lot rupture the lining or something in your neck and you'll bleed to death or something similar? so in answer to ur title question, yeah i think so.

The stomach acid will also dissolve your teeth if its freqent enough. bulimics get it a lot.

Chelra
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:57 AM
How old is your friend ?