PDA

View Full Version : Serena out of Toronto

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Serena backs out of Rogers AT&T Cup
Canadian Press
http://tsn.ca/images/stories/20030601/serena_33811.jpg
7/18/2003

TORONTO (CP) - Wimbledon champion Serena Williams has withdrawn from the Rogers AT&T Cup tennis tournament due to a scheduling conflict.

Williams, ranked No. 1 in the world, defeated her sister Venus earlier this month to win her second straight Wimbledon title.

"We are disappointed that Serena has chosen not to compete in Toronto," said tournament director Stacey Allaster.

Forty-four of the top 50 players in the world have confirmed they will play in the Aug. 9 to 17 event, including Venus Williams, Belgians Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne and fan favourite Monica Seles of the U.S. Lindsay Davenport will not attend.

It's the last time the event will be played at the National Tennis Centre. The Rexall Centre will be completed in time for the men's 2004 Tennis Master Canada tournament.

http://tsn.ca/tennis/news_story.asp?ID=47684&hubName=tennis

polishprodigy
Jul 19th, 2003, 12:18 AM
I knew it was too good to be true....just too bad its Serena who decided not to play :mad:

beauty_is_pink
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:03 PM
not being a Serena Williams fan i should be happy that she withdrew from the tournament.. cause maybe this time it would give my faves some chance in winning at Toronto... but still im not very satisfied....... im actually angry realli... this year seem like such a good draw!!!!!!!!!!! and Toronto was making a comeback on SARS but what realli bugged me is that the REASON for her withdrawing,....

TSN didnt say anything about it.. jus 'some conflict' but the real reason is that serena is doing a MOVIE!!!!!!! a fucking movie! :mad: and the other shit part to this is that it's in TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fiery:

have some respect... do your movie some other time... its not like your good at acting anyways right........ think about your priporties and do them...... withdrawing from a tier 1 tournament because of that is bull.....

but then again.. im not a Serena fan.. i dont care....

samhatz
Jul 21st, 2003, 01:05 PM
lol - go eleni!