PDA

View Full Version : Decision day done for Kobe Bryant: He's charged with sexual assault

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 04:08 PM
My inside sources tell me that he's guilty as hell. There were 3 dudes in that hotel room that night (2 other players in the league) and they were ALL tested for DNA matches. Only Kobe's matched, hence his arrest and release on bond. DNA evidence doesn't take this long to analyze. They can find these things out in hours if necessary and they've done so way long ago. Kobe was tested July 2nd. All this time gone by is designed to give the Laker and company exec. people time to put pressure on this girl to retract her story after receiving a hefty payoff. This is how things work when big money is involved. Hell, there's a few people posting on this board who've escaped similar charges this way. They could tell you. If she really was assaulted though, I hope she hangs tough and he pays for what he did with time served.

lizchris
Jul 18th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Are you somehow connected with the NBA or an insider?

BTW, I think the only thing he is guilty of is cheating on his wife. I have read a few stories (blind items) that he has cheated on his wife in the past. Plus, according to what I heard on the radio yesterday, they were putting on a performance at the ESPY Awards on Wednesday night because she has kicked him out of their house.

Any truth to that?

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Are you somehow connected with the NBA or an insider?

BTW, I think the only thing he is guilty of is cheating on his wife. I have read a few stories (blind items) that he has cheated on his wife in the past. Plus, according to what I heard on the radio yesterday, they were putting on a performance at the ESPY Awards on Wednesday night because she has kicked him out of their house.

Any truth to that?I'd just call myself an information finder-outter. ;)

Regarding her kicking him out of the house, it's absolute truth. He's staying at a hotel. That whole ESPY's thing was a total PR move. If she wants to continue living her lifestyle, she has to "play ball" so to speak because she's pre-nupted up the ying-yang. As you saw, she cooperated.

Steam
Jul 18th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Well, he's been charges.

Oh well, now lets go NETS!!!!

Bacardi
Jul 18th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Yeah but the deal is, was it mutual sex or not. Nobody knows for sure, just Kobe and the girl. Sometimes I have a hard time believing women saying they get sexually assaulted by famous men who could easily have anyone they wanted in multiple numbers. :o

The fact it took them so long to come up with enough evidence to even present a case is absurd. It will be thrown out... Or the girl will settle out of court for an undisclosed amount of money. At most, you see Kobe get probation for 3 years!

I had a friend of mine get busy last weekend with a famous rock star... Thank God she's not trying to claim he sexually assaulted her. I told her we could get media out the ass if she did, but we weighed the options and figured it was better to just have the pictures to look at and the story to brag about. ;)

alias
Jul 18th, 2003, 09:25 PM
because she's pre-nupted up the ying-yang.

I thought that there was no pre-nup, which is why his parents never "approved" of her and did not attend the wedding?

I do not think he'll serve any jail time, nor will Vanessa leave him.

The young lady he assaulted will settle out of court. But ya, he has most definitely tarnished his image. :o

spokenword73
Jul 18th, 2003, 09:34 PM
unfortunately the young woman can't drop the charges even if she wanted to. It's the DA that's going after Kobe now. If Kobe is smart, he'll plead to a lesser charge and put this whole mess behind hiim...

ptkten
Jul 18th, 2003, 09:50 PM
I don't like Kobe much but I have to side with him on this one. I think the girl's just looking for attention and money.

alias
Jul 18th, 2003, 09:53 PM
Basketball Star Bryant Charged with Sexual Assault
Fri July 18, 2003 05:29 PM ET

EAGLE, Colo. (Reuters) - Basketball star Kobe Bryant was charged on Friday with sexually assaulting a 19-year-old hotel concierge at a posh Colorado resort, a prosecutor said.
"After much deliberation charges were filed against Kobe Bryant. He was charged with one count of sexual assault," Eagle County District Attorney Mark Hurlbert told reporters outside the court house.

Bryant, a guard with the Los Angeles Lakers, was charged with Class 3 felony sexual assault which carries a potential sentence of from four years to life in prison if he is convicted.

In a statement, Bryant said, "I am innocent of the charges filed today. I did not assault the woman who is accusing me. I made the mistake of adultery. I have to answer to my wife and my God for my actions that night and I pray that both will forgive me."

Hurlbert, who declined to comment on the closely guarded facts in the case, said he believed he could prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, the standard for conviction in the United States.

Hurlbert also said the alleged victim wanted to maintain her privacy and did not want to speak with the media.

Bryant, 24, whose attorney was expected to comment later on Friday, is scheduled to appear in court in Colorado on Aug. 6, Hurlbert said.

Bryant's wife, Vanessa, in a separate statement, said, "I know that my husband has made a mistake -- the mistake of adultery. He and I will have to deal with that within our marriage and we will do so. He is not a criminal."

What a dumbass. His wife just had baby and he's messing around. :rolleyes:

harloo
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Please!!! This girl decided to call rape when Kobe told her to get out after her screwed her.

People these basketball stars have women falling all over them. This girl knew what she was doing, but when things didn't go her way she cried sexual assualt.

Kobe is stupid. He should of known better than to mess with the All American blond princess of the community. And
Kobe's image is tarnished now, because even if he's not convicted(which will be the outcome) the public will know that he is a cheater.

It wouldn't suprise me if Vanessa was getting some on the side either. I mean these NBA wifes have to deal with so much.

Who would of ever thought Kobe was slutting around?

King Satan
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:42 PM
They didn't approve of the marriage because she isn't black.

King Satan
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:45 PM
exactly. how are you joe? :wavey:
I'm good thanks. just watching sportscenter and wondering what's gonna happen to my boy kobe.

how about you? over the flu?

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:48 PM
The fact it took them so long to come up with enough evidence to even present a case is absurd.Dude, they've had enough to present a case for a while now. The delay was seeing if the girl could be bought off into a retraction. She didn't and they had to proceed. If this were a nobody, the trial would have begun a week after the initial arrest. Believe it.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Hey Joe, you still believe, "Kobe would never do something like this." Those were your words.

Tratree
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:51 PM
The DA was waiting to see if the girl could be bought off?? I think not.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:53 PM
i'd put you in charge of this marcus. then things might go right! :kiss:Damn right they would http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Wink.gif. Plus, I'd have a jail cell with no key hole - i.e. those jailbirds would NEVER walk out. LOL.

Rocketta
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Oh man why do people think "rape" is about sex or about the ability to get some from numerous women? It is not. It is about "power" and "domination". A rich handsome guy is just as capable of being a rapist as a poor smuck.

I don't know if he did it or not. I don't know if she is a money hungry lying person or not. However, the fact that he is a big star does not preclude him from "possible" being a rapist.

Also, I do believe there are women out to get what they want from stars but why cry rape and have your whole life examined when you can just get pregnant and live the life of luxary off of your kid?

Some of you act like this is a daily occurance for a star to be accused of rape. Seems to me with the number of women these people sleep with it should be if most of these women who sleep with them are out to "get" something.

Lastly, I would've thought that Kobe would've learned from Michael Jordan's mistakes?? Isn't that who he looks up to.

How long has he and his wife been married? 2-3 years??

Now I see why Doug Christie's wife is the way she is. She doesn't play. :)

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:57 PM
The DA was waiting to see if the girl could be bought off?? I think not.He wasn't waiting to mount a case because he had a solid enough one over a week ago. There are people of power all over this case. A small town Colorado DA knows how to play ball. Trust me.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:59 PM
jailbirds don't walk out...they fly out. ;) :pNah. Before entering my cell, all jailbirds have their wings clipped so that they resemble New Zealand kiwi birds. You know New Zealand: the land Jesus doesn't visit http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Wink.gif

King Satan
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Hey Joe, you still believe, "Kobe would never do something like this." Those were your words.
Yup. that's my boy, and i'm behind him 100%

Rocketta
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:01 PM
He wasn't waiting to mount a case because he had a solid enough one over a week ago. There are people of power all over this case. A small town Colorado DA knows how to play ball. Trust me.

I thought it was funny how the Sherrif's office didn't wait for the DA's word and went and arrested him anyway preventing any chance of a cover-up. :)

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Now I see why Doug Christie's wife is the way she is. She doesn't play. :)How is she and what does she do?

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:03 PM
lmao! btw, kessie got up thinking he had taken that flight, can you believe it? nightmares! that's what the deal was about!Then what was the growling about? And the touchdowns? LOL.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:06 PM
What about Doug Christie's wife? How doesn't she play?

Rocketta
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:07 PM
How is she and what does she do?

Oh she puts the smackdown on anyone who thinks they are going to sniff around her man. :D

She made his team (I can't remember what team he is on) prohibit women from the locker room and yes that includes female reporters, can anyone say Alexandra Stevenson. :devil: She goes to every game and travels with the team to all away games.

She also will throw some blows for her man. He got in a fight with some of the lakers. I think Rick Fox and when they started fighting again in the tunnel she jumped in it and was trying to protect her man. They picked at him cause they were saying oh you let your woman fight your battles blah blah blah.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:07 PM
scaring off demons and tackling evil angels! lol...LMAO! That boy is the greatest of all warriors in his mind, isn't he?

Rocketta
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:09 PM
it is funny, yes. i'm the first one to decry it when a race card is pulled but in this case??? that was the story. they weren't going to let a rich black boy slip through their fingers....least that's the comment that the sheriff's office has decided they 'didn't say'.

and you would think those dumb rich black boys would know this fact by now! <shaking her head>

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:12 PM
Oh she puts the smackdown on anyone who thinks they are going to sniff around her man. :D

She made his team (I can't remember what team he is on) prohibit women from the locker room and yes that includes female reporters, can anyone say Alexandra Stevenson. :devil: She goes to every game and travels with the team to all away games.

She also will throw some blows for her man. He got in a fight with some of the lakers. I think Rick Fox and when they started fighting again in the tunnel she jumped in it and was trying to protect her man. They picked at him cause they were saying oh you let your woman fight your battles blah blah blah.He plays for the Sacramento Kings. And I don't blame her either. She's heard what goes on with these players (pun intended). Maybe she should get a job with the team since she's always with them. Also, it was indeed Rick Fox that he uppercut in that fight. That was cool :cool:

Rocketta
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:14 PM
He plays for the Sacramento Kings. And I don't blame her either. She's heard what goes on with these players (pun intended). Also, it was Rick Fox that he uppercut in that fight. That was cool :cool:

LOL, I like both Rick and Doug. However, Rick talking about Doug's wife was not cool considering I know Vanessa runs that joint. Heck she makes more money than him I bet.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:17 PM
LOL, I like both Rick and Doug. However, Rick talking about Doug's wife was not cool considering I know Vanessa runs that joint. Heck she makes more money than him I bet.You're right about Rick keeping quiet. That shot from Doug was probably the first punch he's taken from someone OTHER than Vanessa W. in the past year. I still liked seeing him get his block knocked off on TV though. I can't stand him. LOL.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:19 PM
greatest of all warriers, holiest of all G-d's disciples, and the most powerful of all the hosts of heaven! lol....Don't forget that your requests are powerless unless he graces you by asking on your behalf. You better be on your best behavior around him http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Wink.gif LOL.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:22 PM
oh you need to leave rick alone, marcus. he's just doing his best to juggle too many things at the same time...lolUh huh and the things outside of basketball are the things Vanessa is kicking his ass over. LOL.

Rocketta
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:23 PM
You're right about Rick keeping quiet. That shot from Doug was probably the first punch he's taken from someone OTHER than Vanessa W. in the past year. I still liked seeing him get his block knocked off on TV though. I can't stand him. LOL.

Ohhh! ;)

Why not like Rick? I like anyone who agrees to be on my fav show of all time! OZ.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:24 PM
speak for yourself! you're the one he idolizes! lolHey don't blame me because my picture can save lives. What you need to do is stage a fireworks show while he's sleeping and then run into the room with a picture of you dressed in white.

Rocketta
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Uh huh and the things outside of basketball are the things Vanessa is kicking his ass over. LOL.

Ok, I know you two speak in "relationship speak" but for those who are not in the inner circle are you saying he fools around on Vanessa?? :)

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Ohhh! ;)

Why not like Rick? I like anyone who agrees to be on my fav show of all time! OZ.I wonder if Kobe will be catching up on all the episodes before the trial.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Ok, I know you two speak in "relationship speak" but for those who are not in the inner circle are you saying he fools around on Vanessa?? :)DD, Rocketta asked you a question.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Oh. LOL.

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:29 PM
and i answered...lol. i may ignore a lot of people ......Kicking Barrie Dude when he's down is not cool DD http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Wink.gif LOL

MarcusRock
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:33 PM
marcus...really important phone call. talk later, ok? :kiss: :wavey:OK. Call me when you're done. :kiss: http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Hearts.gif

ree-ooh-ree-ooh-ree-ooh-ree-ooh

Rocketta
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:37 PM
that's an affirmative, rocketta. :(

:fiery: :fiery: Noooooooo!!!

What does a woman have to do to be respected and the only one who her husband slips the pipe too? :fiery: :fiery:

Rocketta
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:38 PM
OK. Call me when you're done. :kiss: http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Hearts.gif

ree-ooh-ree-ooh-ree-ooh-ree-ooh

ohh you two are sooooo cute! :hug: :hug:

Bacardi
Jul 19th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Nah, why is miss All American blondie going to be bought off. When she can get on Court TV, national media coverage and probably come up some TV anchor for some fucked up new reality series in the making.
Basketball groupies are worse than ambulance chasing lawyers... They are out for the MONEY and ATTENTION. Maybe they bring out this girls rep from the community, I bet she's not Miss Spotless princess... They can do so, to show her character. :dance:

:bowdown: SAVE KOBE!!!! FREE KOBIE!!!!! :bowdown:

BigTennisFan
Jul 19th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Nah, why is miss All American blondie going to be bought off. When she can get on Court TV, national media coverage and probably come up some TV anchor for some fucked up new reality series in the making.
Basketball groupies are worse than ambulance chasing lawyers... They are out for the MONEY and ATTENTION. Maybe they bring out this girls rep from the community, I bet she's not Miss Spotless princess... They can do so, to show her character. :dance:

:bowdown: SAVE KOBE!!!! FREE KOBIE!!!!! :bowdown:

You're right about her having a past that will be examined to the max.

But this just goes to show you the power of the coochie. :worship:

How many men have had their reputations laid low (at least temporarily) by it's might? :drool:

The Profumo Affair?
The Lewinsky Affair? (no surprise there though)
Jesse Jackson "baby daddy"?
Congressman Livingston from Louisiana?
Congressman Boehner from Indiana?
Hugh Grant?
Jimmy "I have sinned" Swaggart?

And the beat goes on.

harloo
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:22 AM
NOONE is saying that he is not capable of "rape" because he is rich. But fame is what lures these young woman to stars, and the guys take advantage of them. Groupies come a dime a dozen in the industry, and what in the hell was she doing in his room anyways? From what I understand she wasn't room service.

I really am not a big fan of Kobe, but I see the King Kong vs Blonde All American princess written all over this case. The media is potraying him like he has already did it, but he brought this on himself IMO.

Did anyone know that this girl auditioned for American Idol? Well she is the American Idol now. And did you know she wen't right away and hired her a CIVIL LAWYER. So the "they tried to pay her off" bit is void. She knows what she is doing, and Kobe got caught up with her. Too bad. If he is convicted then so be it, but my guess is that he will be exonerated of all charges when this mess is over.

Kobe should of left this young girl alone.

Rocketta
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:54 AM
To be honest with everyone I have very little sympathy for Kobe. If he is innocent or not. I have very little sympathy for any man who get caught up in a web of deceit that he started spinning himself.

Rocketta
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Tearful Kobe Bryant Proclaims Innocence in L.A.
12 minutes ago Add Sports - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Dan Whitcomb

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Basketball superstar Kobe Bryant (news), facing rape charges that could send him to prison for life, broke into tears and clutched his wife's hand on Friday as he repeatedly proclaimed his innocence while admitting to adultery with his 19-year-old accuser.

In a remarkably emotional press conference that was beamed live on television across the country, the 24-year-old Los Angeles Lakers (news) guard said: "I'm innocent, you know. I didn't force her to do anything against her will. I'm innocent."

Bryant walked into the press conference at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles, where he helped win three NBA championships for the Lakers, tightly gripping the left hand of his 21-year-old wife of two years, Vanessa.

"You know, I sit here in front of you guys (in the press), furious at myself, disgusted at myself for making the mistake of adultery. And I love my wife with all my heart," he said.

Bryant never released his wife's hand during his brief remarks, which were raw, halting and much of the time addressed to her directly.

"You're my backbone. You're a blessing. You're a piece of my heart," Bryant said as a tear rolled down his left cheek. "You're the air I breathe. And you're the strongest person I know, and I'm so sorry for having to put you through this and having to put our family through this."

Bryant surprised many of the assembled reporters by turning up at the press conference, which began just four hours after an Eagle County prosecutor announced the charges.

Attorneys for the five-time NBA all-star said he had made the decision to attend that afternoon.

"I'm a human being," he said. "I'm a man just like everybody else. I mourn. I cry. Just like everybody else. And I sit here before you guys embarrassed and ashamed for committing adultery. And you know if I could just turn back the hands of time... And I love my wife so much. She's so special to me."

As Vanessa Bryant locked her eyes on him, Bryant said: "But I'm innocent. And together my wife and I and our family, we're going to fight these false accusations...

"I have a lot at stake and that has nothing to do with the game of basketball, has nothing to do with endorsements, nothing at all. This is about us. This is about our family. And I've been falsely accused of something, and I'm innocent."

He concluded: "Shoulder to shoulder we're going to fight this all the way to the end."

Rocketta
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:57 AM
"You're my backbone. You're a blessing. You're a piece of my heart," Bryant said as a tear rolled down his left cheek. "You're the air I breathe. And you're the strongest person I know, and I'm so sorry for having to put you through this and having to put our family through this."

This is why I don't like him. I think he's full of shit. Any man that truly feels that way about his wife ain't out tapping da booty of the next pretty tail.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:09 AM
To be honest with everyone I have very little sympathy for Kobe. If he is innocent or not. I have very little sympathy for any man who get caught up in a web of deceit that he started spinning himself.
I don't feel sorry for him either... I feel more sorry for the girl, who is in a lose lose situation. If she's right and she was raped then not only was she victimized then, she now gets to be ripped apart by the media and any naive Kobe fan who wants to insist that there is "no way their man would do such a thing" and thus she is obviously just a dumb slut. If it comes out that he is found innocent, people will just rip her apart more. It's always the woman's fault, isn't it?

Crazy Canuck
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:09 AM
many errors and a lovely run on sentance in that last post :D

Rocketta
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:25 AM
Kobe crying!
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20030718/mdf319195.jpg

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20030718/lamdf319194.jpg

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20030718/lamdf319196.jpg

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20030719/i/1058581465.3959578706.jpg

the cat
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Well said Becca!

Rocketta, I think you mean Samantha Stevenson and not Alexandra Stevenson. ;)

I generally like Kobe Bryant. But we now know he is a phoney like so many stars today. He should have stated that he committed adultery 2 weeks ago when he was arrested. Now his confession today looks lame. And if the prosection can prove that her raped the teenage girl then he should go to jail.

His wife can forgive Kobe. And maybe she will. And Kobe has been humiliated worldwide with this scandal. Adultery is bad enough. But it's commonplace these days. But how can he ever escape the stigma of raping this girl? That will stick to him forever. Even if he is found not guilty or they reach an out of court settlement.

And does anyone really think this was Bryant's first dalliance outside of his marriage? He's probably used to getting his way with girls.

Rocketta
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Hi the Cat! :wavey:

No I certainly don't think it was his first. First time caught in the news but definitely not the first.

Haha, I know it was Samantha that slept with Dr. J but Alexandra was the product which is what Doug Christie's wife wants to avoid. ;)

You know I know poor women who stay with their husbands after several instances of cheating and they bring nothing to the family other than a penis and bills so I can certainly understand why a wife of a rich successful person stays.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Cant believe I am actually saying this but I agree with Rebecca. I also agree with Rocketta, but deep deep down inside I cant help but feel that this girl set this thing up. Why do women go to stars hotel rooms and think that all they want to do is talk......you cant be that naive? Can you?

Rocketta
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:57 AM
Cant believe I am actually saying this but I agree with Rebecca. I also agree with Rocketta, but deep deep down inside I cant help but feel that this girl set this thing up. Why do women go to stars hotel rooms and think that all they want to do is talk......you cant be that naive? Can you?

makes you wonder huh? also, can athletes be that Horny that they don't care that some women will do anything to get rich quick including claiming rape that they go for the sex anyway? :sad: :sad:

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:57 AM
i dont feel sorry for vanessa, and i dont feel sorry for the girl. vanessa knew what she was getting into when she married him. im sure she knew of his cheating, shes a trophy wife. i also think a person can love someone, feel there are a part of them, yet still cheat on that person. i know everyone here will disagree with me, but i dont care.

now the blonde bitch knew kobe was married, she knew who he was, yet she still went up in that room, THE FUCK did she think would happen, theyd have a tea party? :rolleyes: please.

anyone that seriously believes kobe wasnt cheating previously is naive.

innocent until proven guilty. or is it guilty until proven innocent?? i forget sometimes...

Crazy Canuck
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:05 AM
Men will be men, but women will be stupid evil caniving bitches... isn't that the spin that's given to every story?

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:17 AM
i just dont feel any sympathy towards ANYONE in this whole ordeal. he wont get jailtime even if he is found guilty, the bitch will get the fame shes yearning for, vanessa will go back to lively comfortably.

i think women cheat just as much as men, we just dont get caught as often. and yes, it is definitely more acceptable to the public for a man to cheat cos its a "man thing" to do.

HAIL-VENUS
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Why does an alleged rape victim have to be a "bitch" decemberlove? As far as we know right now, there was enough physical evidence to charge Kobe's azz with rape. So why the hell does the woman involved have to be a plotting bitch? Hell, she was an employee of the hotel where Kobe was staying. If she went up to his room to deliver food or resolve some kind of dispute, then I'm more than certain that she was not planning on getting raped. Now, I'm not saying that he did it, but he certainly did put himself in the position to be accused of it. I mean, a man with so much at stake (wife, child, career, endorsements, renewed relationship with his parents) should know better than to go up in some piece of azz raw. Sorry, but I had to be frank in order to get my message across. I don't feel the least bit sorry for him because first of all HE CHEATED. Secondly, and most importantly, he didn't respect his wife enough to use a damn condom. It would seem like he'd try to protect himself, as well as his family. You know, with the possibility of contracting AIDS, other STD's, or getting the woman pregnant. No, he threw caution to the wind and ejaculated inside of this stranger. Then has the nerve to sit beside his wife today and profess his undying love and respect for her!!!? What a fukking joke! One day, men (especially successful superstars) will learn that it's not good to jump on every piece of tempting azz that happens to stroll by. Everything that looks good isn't always good for you. I think his reputation will be severly damaged if not destroyed because of this, and I think he deserves every bit of it. Kobe fukked up and he fukked up real bad.

Oh, does anybody else remember him swearing off all other women on the MTV Diary of Kobe Bryant right after he and his wife got married. Shyt, you would think that he'd cut off his penis, dipped it in gold, and handed it to his new bride on a platter the way he was talking. Now, a mere 2yrs later, he's caught up in a sex scandal. WTH Kobe? WTH?

King Satan
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:05 AM
i agree with you vee. i love kobe to death, but this was just POOR! judgment on his part. and he deserves this.

I still don't think he raped this girl, but man, he fucked up bad, and he's paying for it.

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:19 AM
Why does an alleged rape victim have to be a "bitch" decemberlove? As far as we know right now, there was enough physical evidence to charge Kobe's azz with rape. So why the hell does the woman involved have to be a plotting bitch? Hell, she was an employee of the hotel where Kobe was staying. If she went up to his room to deliver food or resolve some kind of dispute, then I'm more than certain that she was not planning on getting raped. Now, I'm not saying that he did it, but he certainly did put himself in the position to be accused of it.

i didnt call her A bitch, i just referred to her as the blonde bitch cos i didnt know her name. i do this with a lot of people.
physical evidence for rape charge = sex. thou we dont know the while story, if she resisted sex, there would be some type of damage done to kobe. cuts, scraps, his skin under her fingernails, etc.

I mean, a man with so much at stake (wife, child, career, endorsements, renewed relationship with his parents) should know better than to go up in some piece of azz raw. Sorry, but I had to be frank in order to get my message across. I don't feel the least bit sorry for him because first of all HE CHEATED. Secondly, and most importantly, he didn't respect his wife enough to use a damn condom. It would seem like he'd try to protect himself, as well as his family. You know, with the possibility of contracting AIDS, other STD's, or getting the woman pregnant. No, he threw caution to the wind and ejaculated inside of this stranger. Then has the nerve to sit beside his wife today and profess his undying love and respect for her!!!? What a fukking joke! One day, men (especially successful superstars) will learn that it's not good to jump on every piece of tempting azz that happens to stroll by. Everything that looks good isn't always good for you. I think his reputation will be severly damaged if not destroyed because of this, and I think he deserves every bit of it. Kobe fukked up and he fukked up real bad.

right, but he that shouldnt matter anyway. hes not going to trial for not wearing a condom and disrespecting his wife. this isnt a holy court or judgement day.

all im saying is hes innocent until proven guilty, and people have been claiming his guilt since the story was first released. in reality, none of us know anything about this story, and to point the finger blindly is just wrong.

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:27 AM
one good thing came outta this.. people will finally lay off my man ai :)

King Satan
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:28 AM
one good thing came outta this.. people will finally lay off my man ai :)
who's AI? :confused: lol

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:33 AM
shut the FUCK up

you are a secret ai lover and you know it :p

King Satan
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:35 AM
shut the FUCK up

you are a secret ai lover and you know it :p
lol AI sucks! :p

when are the sixers gonna win a title? :confused:

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:41 AM
never

ai is amazing for a man of his size, and you know it. i bet those olympic committee bitches are pissing their pants. they were worrying about ai's image and now look what they got on their hands :p

King Satan
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:52 AM
never

ai is amazing for a man of his size, and you know it. i bet those olympic committee bitches are pissing their pants. they were worrying about ai's image and now look what they got on their hands :p
yes yes i know, ai rules (well not completely;)) lol. i was just wondering, who's the sixers gm? and why hasn't he been fired? lol

and LOL @ the olympic committee!!

the cat
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:06 PM
All hail HAIL-VENUS! :worship: That was a great post! :D Especially how the girl was working at her job when this happened. She probably stops by several hotel rooms a day to make deliveries and handle inquiries. It is appaling how this teenage girl, the alleged victim is being villified in this case! :fiery: She has a more sterling repuation than Kobe Bryant does. That's for sure. She shouldn't have to be treated this way. Kobe Bryant stepped way over the line in this instance. And you know the District Attorney would not risk making a fool of himself by prosecuting Kobe Bryant with a flimsy case. I'm pretty sure he has some kind of proof and witnesses that Bryant sexually assaulted this girl.

The bloom is off the rose as far as Kobe Bryant's once pristine image is concerned. But I never believed his image anyway. And I certainly don't think this was his first adulerous affair he's had. But I generally enjoy watching him play basketball. And he seemed to be a good guy.

The question now is, has Kobe Bryant ended the Lakers dynasty? The DA must have some concrete evidence against him. Otherwise he never would have brought criminal charges. If the DA has witnesses to testify that Bryant forced himself on her, then he's in some real trouble! And so is the Lakers Dynasty :eek:

lizchris
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Kobe used extremely poor judgement when he cheated on his wife, but as far as I am concerned, that is ALL he did. Until I see more eivdence, I don't believe her story. For one, she went to his room, without her manager's knowledge, to give him romm service after room service had ended for the night, after he checked in at about 10:00 (she went up to his room at about 10:40). Then she is going to have us believe that in the span of 20 minutes (she left his room after 11:00), she was raped by him.

What it looks like to me is, there was consentual sex, she didn't want to looked upon as a slut for having sex with a black man and now is crying rape. There is no evidence that she was bruised or beaten, since she is being seen in public and no one has said she looks as if she was hit by someone.

In addirion, I find it odd that her friends continue to speak out about her and how she has nothing to hide. If she has the reputation that evenyone says she does, then her friends shouldn't have to defend her. Notice that noe of Kobe's friends are showing up on TV every day to do this. And I don't want to hear that her friends have to do this because her reptation is going to be dragged through the mud; she had to have known this was going to happen when there was little evidence to prove rape.

Miss Thang
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Please!!! This girl decided to call rape when Kobe told her to get out after her screwed her.

People these basketball stars have women falling all over them. This girl knew what she was doing, but when things didn't go her way she cried sexual assualt.

Kobe is stupid. He should of known better than to mess with the All American blond princess of the community. And
Kobe's image is tarnished now, because even if he's not convicted(which will be the outcome) the public will know that he is a cheater.

It wouldn't suprise me if Vanessa was getting some on the side either. I mean these NBA wifes have to deal with so much.

Who would of ever thought Kobe was slutting around?

Preach girl! :cool: Kobe just didn't take care of his bizness cuz he "soft" like that. The balla's all have some chick in every city so this aint no surprise. Before y'all get it twisted I aint sayin that adulutery is right but peeps be human and ish so they gon do ish like this even golden boy Kobe. :cool:

Miss Thang
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Oh man why do people think "rape" is about sex or about the ability to get some from numerous women? It is not. It is about "power" and "domination". A rich handsome guy is just as capable of being a rapist as a poor smuck.

I don't know if he did it or not. I don't know if she is a money hungry lying person or not. However, the fact that he is a big star does not preclude him from "possible" being a rapist.

Also, I do believe there are women out to get what they want from stars but why cry rape and have your whole life examined when you can just get pregnant and live the life of luxary off of your kid?

Some of you act like this is a daily occurance for a star to be accused of rape. Seems to me with the number of women these people sleep with it should be if most of these women who sleep with them are out to "get" something.

Lastly, I would've thought that Kobe would've learned from Michael Jordan's mistakes?? Isn't that who he looks up to.

How long has he and his wife been married? 2-3 years??

Now I see why Doug Christie's wife is the way she is. She doesn't play. :)

Go head Miss Rocketta! :cool: Kobe's problem was that his "soft" corny ass got married too damn young. The brotha didn't even have time to hit da skins for a minute. Girl forget MJ. Kobe be hangin wit his boy Rick Fox who be cheatin on Miss Vanessa with a quickness.

Kee-kee@Doug Christie. Chile Miss Jackie don't play but she only doin that cuz she gotta soft brotha like Doug. ;)

Miss Thang
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:30 PM
it is funny, yes. i'm the first one to decry it when a race card is pulled but in this case??? that was the story. they weren't going to let a rich black boy slip through their fingers....least that's the comment that the sheriff's office has decided they 'didn't say'.

Miss DeeDee I'm just like u but in this case the brotha shoulda REMEMBERED where he was! Vail, Colorado aint exactly known for its rib joints, kee-kee. Kobe done effed up BIG TIME! *shaking head*

Miss Thang
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:33 PM
LOL, I like both Rick and Doug. However, Rick talking about Doug's wife was not cool considering I know Vanessa runs that joint. Heck she makes more money than him I bet.

Sorry Miss Rocketta but Rick is the one with da benjamins in that family. Yeah Miss Vanessa do a commercial here and a broadway show there and other small time ish but Rick is makin the NBA balla money.

Jackie Christie is da bomb but I think she need to fall back sometimes. :cool:

Miss Thang
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:38 PM

Who sang that? Luther? :cool:

Miss Thang
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Why does an alleged rape victim have to be a "bitch" decemberlove? As far as we know right now, there was enough physical evidence to charge Kobe's azz with rape. So why the hell does the woman involved have to be a plotting bitch? Hell, she was an employee of the hotel where Kobe was staying. If she went up to his room to deliver food or resolve some kind of dispute, then I'm more than certain that she was not planning on getting raped. Now, I'm not saying that he did it, but he certainly did put himself in the position to be accused of it. I mean, a man with so much at stake (wife, child, career, endorsements, renewed relationship with his parents) should know better than to go up in some piece of azz raw. Sorry, but I had to be frank in order to get my message across. I don't feel the least bit sorry for him because first of all HE CHEATED. Secondly, and most importantly, he didn't respect his wife enough to use a damn condom. It would seem like he'd try to protect himself, as well as his family. You know, with the possibility of contracting AIDS, other STD's, or getting the woman pregnant. No, he threw caution to the wind and ejaculated inside of this stranger. Then has the nerve to sit beside his wife today and profess his undying love and respect for her!!!? What a fukking joke! One day, men (especially successful superstars) will learn that it's not good to jump on every piece of tempting azz that happens to stroll by. Everything that looks good isn't always good for you. I think his reputation will be severly damaged if not destroyed because of this, and I think he deserves every bit of it. Kobe fukked up and he fukked up real bad.

Oh, does anybody else remember him swearing off all other women on the MTV Diary of Kobe Bryant right after he and his wife got married. Shyt, you would think that he'd cut off his penis, dipped it in gold, and handed it to his new bride on a platter the way he was talking. Now, a mere 2yrs later, he's caught up in a sex scandal. WTH Kobe? WTH?

PREACH ON GIRL PREACH ON! :worship:

brickhousesupporter
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Who sang that? Luther? :cool:

I got a good laugh out of this Miss Thang...LOL :haha:

harloo
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Well to be honest I don't feel SORRY for either of them.

Kobe should of never been cheating with that young lady. IMO, NBA players has this mindset where they think that white women are easy, and will play along with their game. They feel like they can hit it and get away with it. It's sad. I was watching a Kobe's behind the glory and he stated that when the guys wanted to hang out at strip clubs, he didn't want to because he didn't have a need too. See, he even believed his own bullshit. Yes, he was remorseful after this shit hit the fan. And honestly I think his comments are sincere, but he will pay for this even if he is exonerated.

However, I don't feel sorry for the alleged victim either. She has already hired a civil lawyer which should tell you something right there. IMO, it will be her word against his. But sorry, I don't believe she was this helpless victim who was attacked by Kobe. It's sad to say, but I feel that she flirted with Kobe(even with knowledge that he was married). The power of fame alone is a lure, probably one she was seeking.

However what these young girls don't realize is that these entertainers don't give a fuck about you. If they think they are some type of relationship material to these entertainers, then they are sadly mistaken. These entertainers will move right over to the next young lady. I think she brought this upon herself, just as Kobe did. Now if she was sexually assualted then the truth will come out and Kobe will have to pay the price. However, I put the blame on her and her parents for not teaching her about what is appropriate for a young lady. Just as I put the blame on Kobe for cheating on his wife without protection, and getting involved with something like this. He really should be ashamed of himself. He has embarassed his family, and I'm suprised that Vanessa is handling it well.

It's a sad situation, but I don't feel sorry for either party involved.

Rocketta
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:29 PM
any man who cheats on his wife needs to have it cut off and pulverized.

Dang, I guess Marcus heard that! :p

tazban1
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Kobe used extremely poor judgement when he cheated on his wife, but as far as I am concerned, that is ALL he did. Until I see more eivdence, I don't believe her story. For one, she went to his room, without her manager's knowledge, to give him romm service after room service had ended for the night, after he checked in at about 10:00 (she went up to his room at about 10:40)..

:rolleyes: People bend the rules for celebrities all the time and 40 minutes isn't really that much - they might even do that for a high profile non-celebrity or a regular customer.

Then she is going to have us believe that in the span of 20 minutes (she left his room after 11:00), she was raped by him..

Why is that hard to believe? People can do it a lot faster than that. The fact is, we know there was some kind of sex. If he raped her, it's not like he spent any time on foreplay so it wouldn't have taken long. Why is it so hard to believe that he could have raped a girl in 20 minutes when we know that he was at least able to have sex with her in 20?

What it looks like to me is, there was consentual sex, she didn't want to looked upon as a slut for having sex with a black man and now is crying rape. ..

:rolleyes: Didn't take long for the race card to be abused. If she didn't "cry rape", it wouldn't have got around that there was "sex with a black man".

There is no evidence that she was bruised or beaten, since she is being seen in public and no one has said she looks as if she was hit by someone...

Firstly, you don't know that there wasn't any bruising. Even if that were true, a lot of victims don't fight back for fear of the attacker hurting them more. Also, Kobe is a big, strong guy. It wouldn't take much for him to restrain most women so even if she did struggle, there wouldn't necessarily be much bruising unless he was violent beyond the objective of raping the girl. Though, the guy prosecuting the case said that there was evidence of restraint, so my guess is that there is some kind of physical evidence other than the semen.

In addirion, I find it odd that her friends continue to speak out about her and how she has nothing to hide. If she has the reputation that evenyone says she does, then her friends shouldn't have to defend her..

:rolleyes: It's amazing the things people will latch onto to support what they want to believe. If you loved someone, wouldn't you want to defend and protect them no matter what? If no one was vouching for her, people would say "well, obviously she has to be a conniving bitch when no one can say anything nice about her " (though, I doubt the choice of words would be quite that kind).

People who know nothing about her are calling her a gold digging bitch, whore, etc. so nothing that's she's done in the past is going to help her in the eyes of these people. And we all know what happens in rape cases, especially high profile ones. The alleged victim is always the one to be put on trial. The woman who Mike Tyson raped was persecuted by his fans for years - and he actually got convicted.

Notice that noe of Kobe's friends are showing up on TV every day to do this. ..

I've seen plenty of people speak up for Kobe; I guess that means he's guilty :rolleyes:

And I don't want to hear that her friends have to do this because her reptation is going to be dragged through the mud; she had to have known this was going to happen when there was little evidence to prove rape.

Firstly, we don't know how much evidence there is. Secondly, knowing that someone one cares about it going to be persecuted is going to make them want to help that person more.

RYNJ
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Kobe Fan For Life!

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Firstly, we don't know how much evidence there is.

right. we know nothing about this case except what the media has told us. and we all know how off they can be.

SO WHY ARE YOU ALL SO SURE KOBE IS GUILTY? :rolleyes:

innocent til proven guilty. way to stray away from american values...

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:17 PM
what i find SO strange about this case is her boyfriend broke up with her, WHY? if he didnt suspect something was up, why would he break up with her? surely her boyfriend knows her better than any of the aquaintances claiming shes a "good girl" or the sorry journalist trying to paint the picture of her innocence.

Dawn Marie
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:18 PM
I am not going to pass judgement on any parties because the truth is husbands fuck around and young 19 year olds like to fuck NBA stars. People rape and people sleep around then cry rape.

I disagree with those who think this will destroy his career. When he is found not guilty(which even if he is, he will still get off) he will go back to being the NBA star he has been. He'll probably get even more endorsements and love his way.

The only thing he is going to lose is his trophy wife.

King Satan
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Good question, love.

Cat, you're my friend, but damn! you're starting to get on my nerves! why are you acting like you're so positive kobe did this? did you sneak in the evidence room and find something? :rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Also I don't find it stange for a small town Colorado white 19yr old to sleep with a high profile black man, then when her predijuce people find out, she cries rape. That shit has been going on since forever. If you don't believe me look it up.

Rape has been going on since the beginning of time as well. So I am not going to blame Kobe nor The 19 year old. I need some facts, and not some media bullshit.

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:29 PM
kobes a high profile black superstar, he fucked with a white bitch, and society has turned on him rather quick. ...as you can tell by some of the posts in here.

young girls calling rape on celebrities to get exposure and money is a big problem. why do you think eminem and dr dre videotape those girls before they have sex with them? its easy to cry rape. its sad, but true. the only evidence needed is evidence produced during regular sex.

his reputation wont be ruined. just think of mike, mike... and um, mike.
[irving, tyson, jordan]

jason kidd, wife beater, nike still stayed with him.

think of r.kelly... people STILL buy his records.

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:33 PM
All hail HAIL-VENUS! :worship: That was a great post! :D Especially how the girl was working at her job when this happened. She probably stops by several hotel rooms a day to make deliveries and handle inquiries. It is appaling how this teenage girl, the alleged victim is being villified in this case! :fiery: She has a more sterling repuation than Kobe Bryant does. That's for sure. She shouldn't have to be treated this way. Kobe Bryant stepped way over the line in this instance. And you know the District Attorney would not risk making a fool of himself by prosecuting Kobe Bryant with a flimsy case. I'm pretty sure he has some kind of proof and witnesses that Bryant sexually assaulted this girl.

the "victim" is not being villified in this case. and how exactly is her reputation sterling? we know nothing about the girl except that her acquaintances claim shes a good girl but her boyfriend mysteriously broke up with her.

tazban1
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:34 PM
right. we know nothing about this case except what the media has told us. and we all know how off they can be.

SO WHY ARE YOU ALL SO SURE KOBE IS GUILTY? :rolleyes:

Where the hell did you get that?!? :rolleyes:

I object to the people who are villifying the girl and act as if Kobe couldn't have done it.

READ MY POST!!! I wrote "alleged" and "if"

You're the fanatic coming to conclusions without knowing the evidence.

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Wow. This even broke news barrier here :confused:

What is this all about. Another superstar walking after a crime ? Donīt mension OJ :confused: Or ... no havenīt followed closely but what Iīve read heīs in big trouble.

And didnīt Tyson got 5 or so years for similar thing... ?

tazban1
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:39 PM
I disagree with those who think this will destroy his career. When he is found not guilty(which even if he is, he will still get off) he will go back to being the NBA star he has been. He'll probably get even more endorsements and love his way.

The only thing he is going to lose is his trophy wife.

I agree. Unless he goes to jail for a long time (which we all know won't happen), I doubt that this is going to have much effect on his career, if at all. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife even stuck with him.

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:41 PM

I object to the people who are villifying the girl and act as if Kobe couldn't have done it.

i said RIGHT.

do you know what the words "you all" means? it wasnt addressed to you specifically, i was just using your quote to my advantage.

some people... so defensive.

you sure you read my post? i am objecting to anyone jumping the gun.

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:42 PM

You're the fanatic coming to conclusions without knowing the evidence.

um, i HATE kobe with a PASSION. joe will surely tell you that. but im the one coming to conclusions without any evidence, right? please tell me what "conclusions" im coming to??

King Satan
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:46 PM
um, i HATE kobe with a PASSION. joe will surely tell you that. but im the one coming to conclusions without any evidence, right? please tell me what "conclusions" im coming to??
don't say that, you know you're a secret kobe lover! they told me about the kobe posters you keep under your bed. :p lol

Rocketta
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:48 PM

Well you are trying to imply that because this girl's boyfriend broke up with her it has something to do with her guilt or innoncence, are you not? That's a conclusion.

Everyone is going to have an opinion based on many things, it's our right. I will say that the people who think Kobe's is probably innoncent have put guilt on the girl and the people who think Kobe is guilty have put guilt on him. None of us know the truth so its all speculation. I just hope people look at the facts as they come out and not hold on to their beliefs because they don't want to know the truth, that some men that have everything still throw it away for no reason cause they are rich idiots, or that woman are just that conniving and money, attention seeking skanks.

lizchris
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:01 PM
kobes a high profile black superstar, he fucked with a white bitch, and society has turned on him rather quick. ...as you can tell by some of the posts in here.

young girls calling rape on celebrities to get exposure and money is a big problem. why do you think eminem and dr dre videotape those girls before they have sex with them? its easy to cry rape. its sad, but true. the only evidence needed is evidence produced during regular sex.

his reputation wont be ruined. just think of mike, mike... and um, mike.
[irving, tyson, jordan]

jason kidd, wife beater, nike still stayed with him.

think of r.kelly... people STILL buy his records.

Let's clarity this; most of white society has turned on him and they did so once it was discovered that the alleged victim was white. Typical and not surprising. Most of the white reporters have turned on him already.

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Let's clarity this; most of white society has turned on him and they did so once it was discovered that the alleged victim was white. Typical and not surprising. Most of the white reporters have turned on him already.

Cool ! So we get "OJ" stuff again :lol:
He must be innocent, he is black and a star...

lizchris
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Cool ! So we get "OJ" stuff again :lol:
He must be innocent, he is black and a star...

Stupid ass, I didn't say that; I just said that one people foudn out the victim was white, many people have already turned on him and it isn't a coincidence that most of those people are white. He could very well be guilty, but I'd like for the case to go to trial first and see the evidence because from what I see so far, it was consentual sex.

Obvously, you don't want the facts.

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Stupid ass, I didn't say that; I just said that one people foudn out the victim was white, many people have already turned on him and it isn't a coincidence that most of those people are white. He could very well be guilty, but I'd like for the case to go to trial first and see the evidence because from what I see so far, it was consentual sex.

Obvously, you don't want the facts.

I want facts !!! Nothing else. You silly cow :lol: (You started)

And what is wrong with you people there. Victim white, ok. Victim, black, make noice !!! Talk about racism :angel: and vice-versa naturally.

lizchris
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Do you know anything about America? Because if you don't, then you should try to learn someting about America and its justice system.

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Do you know anything about America? Because if you don't, then you should try to learn someting about America and its justice system.

Huh :confused:

Two letters. OJ. That is your justice system. :eek:
Sorry to say but Angola and Guyana have better law systems :rolleyes:

lizchris
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:51 PM

You are ignorant about America's justice system!

Ever hear of Jimmie Lee Jackson?

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:54 PM
You are ignorant about America's justice system!

Ever hear of Jimmie Lee Jackson?

So OJ was innocent after all ?

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:56 PM
In other words. Your system sucked 40 years ago. And it still does.

lizchris
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:01 PM
So OJ was innocent after all ?

Very funny.

Jimmy Lee Jackson was a man who was chased to his death by a group of whites who said he raped a white woman (he was innocent). He jumped into the Mississippi River and drowned. BTW, he isn't related in any way to OJ Simpson.

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:03 PM
right joe, i keep the kobe posters right next to my ben wallace posters ;)

Well you are trying to imply that because this girl's boyfriend broke up with her it has something to do with her guilt or innoncence, are you not? That's a conclusion.

it was a question for people to ponder, not a conclusion in the least bit. for someone to call me a fanatic of kobe and accuse me of jumping to conclusions is laughable.

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Very funny.

Jimmy Lee Jackson was a man who was chased to his death by a group of whites who said he raped a white woman (he was innocent). He jumped into the Mississippi River and drowned. BTW, he isn't related in any way to OJ Simpson.

So... why you bring history to this topic ? OJ was quilty, all know that. Even blacks ! Now there is another black man in trial and he happens to be a superstar too. So he should walk because he is a rolemodel/star ? That is the way your "equal" system works ?

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:10 PM

you use ONE case to explain the american justice system? yeah, youre brilliant. korben, the us justice system is not 100% perfect, as is NOTHING in this world.

lizchris, ignore him. all one needs to do is do a search of his posts and see his enlightened opinions on race matters.

i think almost any american will admit that race is a big factor in this case, the us is not even close to being colorblind. esp in a case like this.

lizchris
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:17 PM
you use ONE case to explain the american justice system? yeah, youre brilliant. korben, the us justice system is not 100% perfect, as is NOTHING in this world.

lizchris, ignore him. all one needs to do is do a search of his posts and see his enlightened opinions on race matters.

i think almost any american will admit that race is a big factor in this case, the us is not even close to being colorblind. esp in a case like this.

You are right; his last dumb post proved that.

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:20 PM
So... why you bring history to this topic ? OJ was quilty, all know that. Even blacks ! Now there is another black man in trial and he happens to be a superstar too. So he should walk because he is a rolemodel/star ? That is the way your "equal" system works ?

actually you were the first one that brough up history... OJ.

hey, why even have a trial? hes accused of a crime and hes black... he did it! lynch him! :rolleyes:

mike tyson DIDNT walk, so not every black superstar gets to walk. in the case of mike irving, he actually never raped the girl, and SHE got in trouble for crying rape.

not every black superstar is OJ. not every trial/case is the same.

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:24 PM
not every black superstar is OJ. not every trial/case is the same.

Ok. Well see...

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:28 PM
And looking at responces to this thread.

Whites want a trial. Blacks KNOW he is innocent. Now donīt remind of OJ but that was exactly same back then ! Burn LA to the ground :angel: (that is a joke in case someone didnīt realize it)

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:29 PM
i dont recall kobe driving down the freeway threatening to kill himself. i couldve just forgotten it thou.

the oj and kobe case is entirely DIFFERENT. the supposed crimes and the evidence... different.

why are you comparing the two?

lizchris
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:31 PM
i dont recall kobe driving down the freeway threatening to kill himself. i couldve just forgotten it thou.

the oj and kobe case is entirely DIFFERENT. the supposed crimes and the evidence... different.

Because he is an ass.

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:33 PM

Yeah ? Why is this compared to OJ, think about it. :rolleyes:

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Kobe walks - no matter what the evidence ! End of story

King Satan
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Kobe walks - no matter what the evidence ! End of story
:woohoo:

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Yeah ? Why is this compared to OJ, think about it. :rolleyes:

cos hes black and hes a superstar.

why not compare him to irvings or tysons case? which would actually be sensible considering OJ murdered two people, and irving and tyson were both accused of rape.

but no, youre ignorant and use one example to try and justify your argument.

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:41 PM
:woohoo:

joe! if there IS enough evidence against kobe, and they are 100% sure that he raped that girl, then he SHOULD go to jail for a few years.

and then your lakers are FUCKED.

King Satan
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:41 PM
sweetie, don't bother. this guy is clearly a moron. :)

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:43 PM
cos hes black and hes a superstar.

why not compare him to irvings or tysons case? which would actually be sensible considering OJ murdered two people, and irving and tyson were both accused of rape.

but no, youre ignorant and use one example to try and justify your argument.

:worship: So there is a chance that heīll get couple years...
Damned :fiery: Let him walk. Lakers need him ...

korben
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:44 PM
sweetie, don't bother. this guy is clearly a moron. :)

Yankeee :lol:

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:47 PM
if he is found guilty, he should get a few years. usually one time rapists dont get much more than that. apparently using drugs is worse than raping a girl in this country.

http://www.angelfire.com/ex/dime/gameover.jpg
bottom right, laying down
http://colorado.ihigh.com/eagle/images/dsc00029.jpg
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://meier.20megsfree.com/KobeHelp.jpg
http://frutsel.terrainhost.com/frutselapp/dump/Beaverton/hotelincident.jpg

Bacardi
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:47 PM
actually, bacardi i find something quite interesting. she has a boyfriend who has broken up with her over this whole thing. so i wonder...if she was the trusted type, wouldn't her boyfriend stand by her in this? i mean...if he left her, surely he thinks he's got reason to, right? if he really trusted her character, he'd be by her side right now. hmmmm....

Oh DD, Trust me when I say... It will ALL come out in this case. The defense is going to eat the prosecution ALIVE! Kobe has all the money in the world to afford the best defense lawyers, meanwhile you have the prosecution hired by the state that are at best medium level attorneys. The defense will out rank them, and counter them with every means possible. I bet Kobe has lawyers reading the Colorado books this very minute to find every loophole and way to counter sue. And I do believe he should counter sue when he's found innocent.

Her boyfriend dumping her since this happened really looks bad. I would say this isn't the first time she slutted around on him. Look for him to possibly come out with a story about her "fast times in Colorado". Most boyfriends would stand by their girlfriend in times like these, unless their girlfriends are liars and money chasing bitches.

The girl was on American Idol.... And she flopped out of that. It's clear to everyone on earth she wants attention. What a better way to get that, than media coverage on every TV channel and newspaper/magazine on earth! Not to mention the coverage Court TV will invest in this with a live nationwide broadcast of the trial.

Every factor you can imagine will come into play during this case. From what movie they were in his room watching. If they were both watching a porno, then it's going to look very bad on her! As we all know, when a man orders a porno they want sex. There will be factors into her rape kit which should have been conducted at the hospital. To see if there was any vaginal tearing which would show a forced unwelcome entry. But I just think, the girl is a liar. It was mutual, and then when she saw it was only going to be a one night sort of deal she started crying "rape". It's girls like these, that make it hard for society to trust someone, when there really is a rape.

King Satan
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:49 PM
LMAO! @ that pic! :lol:

Bacardi
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Why does an alleged rape victim have to be a "bitch" decemberlove? As far as we know right now, there was enough physical evidence to charge Kobe's azz with rape. So why the hell does the woman involved have to be a plotting bitch? Hell, she was an employee of the hotel where Kobe was staying. If she went up to his room to deliver food or resolve some kind of dispute, then I'm more than certain that she was not planning on getting raped.

First of all, yes she was an employee but she was in his room to watch a movie. And this was not while she was on the clock working. They ordered a movie, if that ordered movie comes out as being a porn then everyone on that jury is going to doubt her story. Seeing as, any normal, nonintoxicated female over the age of 16 has enough sense to know that you shouldn't be in any mans room, sitting on his bed, watching a porno.
There is no doubt they had sex, therefore all the DNA evidence. If Kobe was going to actually rape this girl, he would have had the brains to use a condom as hell hotel rooms are often littered with them. And there wouldn't have been any evidence against him. The fact he trusted her enough not to use one, looks like this is more and more a mutual sex between two consenting adults.
Think of it this way, it took the prosecution an awfully long time to get all this evidence together... Which means they had doubts in their mind this case would fly. Look for the defense to bring up every aspect from the fact she was probably aroused at the time (which can be proven with a rape kit) to ever how long it took her to actually come forward and admit it. If she waited any ammount of time over an hour, then it will put holes in her case. The Defense attorney's will tear her apart on the stand, and if she refuses to testify then Kobe's going to win it anyway.
Like I said, Kobe will come out of this as clean as the day he went in. And the chick will still get her media attention and probably play host on some reality series coming out next spring. :rolleyes:

*JR*
Jul 19th, 2003, 11:20 PM
(cut and pasted 6:40 something Eastern time from http://www.freekobe.com/forum) Hello Kobe Fans and Kobe Haters:

As a lawyer, I find it a disgrace that a woman can make such a charge against a man, whose entire life, career and earning power depend upon his reputation, while she hurls the charges from behind the power of the Police Chief and District Attorney in complete anonymity.

Other than murder, society has made the crime of rape the most serious and dispicable of offenses. So much so that the shame of being a rape victim grants the "alleged victim" protections and anonymity through Rape Shield laws.

But what about the shame and humiliation of simply being accused of such a heinous crime? Where is the law that shields the identity of the "alleged perpetrator" until a jury of his peers judges him as guilty or not guilty?

What about when a redneck County Sheriff rushes to judgment and gets an arrest warrant and publicizes Kobe's name and the allegations against him, even before the DA's office has completed an investigation to determine if charges are even warranted?

DA's consider themselves law enforcement. They carry badges and many carry guns. How often do you see police officers file charges against each other or testify against "one of their own?"

Therefore, the Sheriff backed this young and wet behind the ears DA into a corner -- either file against Kobe, or subject Eagle County, Sheriff Redneck, and the State of Colorado to a lawsuit by Kobe for False Arrest, Abuse of Process, and violations of his Constitutional and Statutory rights under color of authority as outlined in Title 42 of the United States Code, Section 1983 (42 U.S.C. 1983).

The DA has little more than a "he said - she said" case here. Kobe did not drag her into that room. There is no way they will get a conviction. NO WAY. But again, the Sheriff backed this young DA into a corner, where he was forced to protect his employer (Eagle County) as well as a fellow law enforcement official from a lawsuit by Kobe Bryant. He put aside his ethical duties as a lawyer and as a prosecutor.

The financial impact upon Kobe will be staggering! Millions and millions of dollars in lost endorsements, from now (age 24) up until he is in his 40's (Jordan is still going strong at 40). After that, this destruction of his reputation could cost him jobs in broadcasting or the front office of an NBA franchise. The Sheriff, Eagle County, and State of Colorado, as well as the accuser would all be liable for Kobe's damages.

As for other tort actions, the alleged victim could have been sued for abuse of process for filing a false police report and false imprisonment. Intentional infliction of emotional distress, slander, and defamation are all actionable in this instance. But not now, beacuse a "reasonable" District Attorney felt he had the evidence to convict -- and thus filed charges.

Where do I stand here? It appears to me that these charges should have never been filed by this redneck and inexperienced Sheriff. The DA did not have the spine to stand up and say no to this idiot and to this girl, when it is only obvious what went on here. As for the rumors of torn clothes, here is your reasonable doubt -- maybe she tore them herself in the hallway after she left Kobe's room.

I am a white guy, in my late 30's. Conservative, Republican, and don't run around sticking up for the black man generally. However, in this case, the way in which the authorities have handled this matter simply doesn't pass the stink test. People need to stand up and call bullsh!t on this.

Think about it, people. If I was worth Kobe money, I would be afraid to leave the house, let alone have sex with a girl I just met in an out of state hotel. That was Kobe's big mistake -- but wanting to have sex with a cute cheerleader is not punishable by a prison term (unless she is under (?)

Car Key Boi
Jul 19th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Katelyn Kristine Faber
0817 Brush Creek Court
Eagle, CO 81631
(970) 328-6652
fabe5088@blue.unco.edu

http://www31.brinkster.com/newscoast/kobegurl.jpg

decemberlove
Jul 19th, 2003, 11:35 PM
that link doesnt work directly CKB

you gotta paste
http://www31.brinkster.com/newscoast/
and then type in kobegurl.jpg to the end for it to work

*JR*
Jul 19th, 2003, 11:39 PM
Look @ the e-mail ending in .edu (Da Boi can say to her "You're a student, right"?) :p

Car Key Boi
Jul 19th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Kobe is innocent

Mike Tyson was innocent

OJ was guilty as fuck

that is all

- Car Key Boi

Dawn Marie
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:17 AM
My mother used to work in a shelter home and I saw many a raped and battered women. I am usually in agreement when it comes to the female when it comes to the rape cases and domestic violence cases, but I am not so sure about this case.

I mean what if she had sex with Kobe then her boyfriend found out and got pissed of at her? She could have easily told her BF that he raped her to save herself from the truth of her hookin up. Then the D.A. could have snowballed the entire story.

OR Kobe could have asked her up to his room to watch a movie and then raped her. Rape is not about sex it is about control and he could have lost control. just cause she went into a room still does not mean she wanted to have sex. Or asked to be raped.

I don't see any scratch marks on his face or arms? If her vagina is bruised that could be from rough funky sex.

I guess in 2003 I just don't buy all rape cases anymore. I am skeptical. I see too many women acting a fool over NBA stars and the like. I know at first it seems like Kobe did it but something is making me go HMMMMMMMMMMMMM...... "What U talkin about Colorado"? I know not all women who cry foul are really dainty lil women who have been done wrong. Some women are conniving and sneaky. I also know not all men rape, who have been charged and yet some men do rape who have been charged.

lizchris
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:32 AM
My mother used to work in a shelter home and I saw many a raped and battered women. I am usually in agreement when it comes to the female when it comes to the rape cases and domestic violence cases, but I am not so sure about this case.

I mean what if she had sex with Kobe then her boyfriend found out and got pissed of at her? She could have easily told her BF that he raped her to save herself from the truth of her hookin up. Then the D.A. could have snowballed the entire story.

OR Kobe could have asked her up to his room to watch a movie and then raped her. Rape is not about sex it is about control and he could have lost control. just cause she went into a room still does not mean she wanted to have sex. Or asked to be raped.

I don't see any scratch marks on his face or arms? If her vagina is bruised that could be from rough funky sex.

I guess in 2003 I just don't buy all rape cases anymore. I am skeptical. I see too many women acting a fool over NBA stars and the like. I know at first it seems like Kobe did it but something is making me go HMMMMMMMMMMMMM...... "What U talkin about Colorado"? I know not all women who cry foul are really dainty lil women who have been done wrong. Some women are conniving and sneaky. I also know not all men rape, who have been charged and yet some men do rape who have been charged.

I'm glad you brought this up because the alleged victim's friends were on the Fox News Channel tonight and they are saying that the alleged victim is saying that she has a vaginal tear and that her clothes were ripped.

I thought the DA said this case wasn't going to be tried in the media. He has been on almost every talk show and the friends seem to have a permanent spot on the Fox News Channel and the MSNBC channel. As I stated before, I don't believe a rape occured and I am now interested in finding out two things: one, what were the nature of the 911 calls from her house and why did her boyfriend break up with her?

Crazy Canuck
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:40 AM
i just dont feel any sympathy towards ANYONE in this whole ordeal. he wont get jailtime even if he is found guilty, the bitch will get the fame shes yearning for, vanessa will go back to lively comfortably.

i think women cheat just as much as men, we just dont get caught as often. and yes, it is definitely more acceptable to the public for a man to cheat cos its a "man thing" to do.
(note: I have not read the 2 pages following this post before replyng):

My only problem with what you say is your insistence on blaming the woman IF she was actually raped. Personally, I have no idea, and I'm not going to form a concrete opinion either way. I just think there is something seriously wrong with the view that looks down on the woman was possibly raped as if it was HER fault. The way you are talking is one of the reasons that so few rapes are reported! Who wants to deal with such shit? Many rape victims already feel it's their fault, they don't need 129831209831029832109 people telling them this.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Seeing as, any normal, nonintoxicated female over the age of 16 has enough sense to know that you shouldn't be in any mans room, sitting on his bed, watching a porno.

And any normal person would know that even if one was doing this, it does not invite a rape.

Once again... I'm not commenting on what did or did not happen in t his case, I'm disagreeing with the absolutely despicable attitudes towards women and rape that are evident in this thread.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:48 AM
all im saying is hes innocent until proven guilty, and people have been claiming his guilt since the story was first released. in reality, none of us know anything about this story, and to point the finger blindly is just wrong.

Funny... for every person pointing the finger I see just as many insisting "NO WAY DID MY MAN KOBE DO IT! I LOVE KOBE HE"S ME IDOL AND HE DIDN"T DO IT! I KNOW KOBE! HE"S INNOCENT! THAT DUMB BITCH IS JUST TRYING TO BRING HIM DOWN!"

Crazy Canuck
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:53 AM
However, I don't feel sorry for the alleged victim either. She has already hired a civil lawyer which should tell you something right there. IMO, it will be her word against his. But sorry, I don't believe she was this helpless victim who was attacked by Kobe. It's sad to say, but I feel that she flirted with Kobe(even with knowledge that he was married). The power of fame alone is a lure, probably one she was seeking.

Right... so even if one was "interested" and flirting, then this would invite a rape. Is this how we feel about all "young stupid girls" and entertainers? If the girls are chasing them, they are free game to fuck with? They throw consent out the window the second they flirt?

Ugh.. I can't believe there are people who actually think this way. Extremely dissapointing, to say the least.

harloo
Jul 20th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Right... so even if one was "interested" and flirting, then this would invite a rape. Is this how we feel about all "young stupid girls" and entertainers? If the girls are chasing them, they are free game to fuck with? They throw consent out the window the second they flirt?

Ugh.. I can't believe there are people who actually think this way. Extremely dissapointing, to say the least.

If you would stop quoting portions of my post and twisting it then you will see my analysis on the WHOLE issue. IMO, both are wrong. And where did I say that since she was flirting then this should invite a rape? You are making stuff up. If you think I'm implying that then you are mistaken.

What I'm simply stating is the plain truth. Yes, young women fall all over these people. Pop culture encourages it, and yes you will be screwed if you are messing with an male entertainer/star. Young girl, grown ass woman, middle aged, whatever. If you are not his wife, then who do you think you are to them? You are a piece of ass, and while I don't think of ANY woman in this manner this is just the truth for most male entertainers/stars(whatever you want to call them).

If Kobe did it, then the truth will come out. I am not defending Kobe, because he should not of been with this girl anyways. However, if you think any basketball player who asks a young lady to come up to his room to watch a movie at night just to Watch The Movie, you seriously are naive Rebecca.

;)

CC
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:19 PM
It could have been flat out rape, and it could have been consentual.

Let's speculate.

She also could have gone with the intention of just being around His Greatness, Kobe Bryant, so that she could tell her friends afterward that she kissed him or made out with him and got a Jersey and an autograph out of it.

She makes out with him, and realizes he wants to take it further but she doesn't because: he's married, she has a boyfriend, she doesn't really know him, he won't care about her after, she just wanted the Jersey and a story to tell etc.

He of course is thinking: she comes to my room, she flirts, she let's me kiss her and touch her and she seems to like it. Plus, I am Kobe Bryant. Why wouldn't she want to have sex with me? She's just shy and embarrassed, but she really wants it.

She just wanted a small piece of his celebrity, he just wanted a small peice of her ass.

Now she's really embarrassed and violated. And there's also financial and intangible benefits to be gained from pressing charges and making this public. But let's not forget that although she may have sent mixed messages or completely the wrong message, and although it may not have been an extremely violent act, it does not take away the fact that she was probably powerless and afraid and was made to do something she didn't want to.

Just a thought:

I think men probably don't realize or don't understand how a woman can make out and not want to have sex. They don't seem to be able to grasp all the dynamics of intimacy and being with someone without the act of intercourse.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:45 PM
She makes out with him, and realizes he wants to take it further but she doesn't because: he's married, she has a boyfriend, she doesn't really know him, he won't care about her after, she just wanted the Jersey and a story to tell etc.

Oh come on that "he is married,and I have a boyfriend" thought process should have happened before she went into the room. Oh she got what she wanted, because boy does she now have a story to tell. If she was so concerned with hiis marital status she should not have made out with him, because as far as I am concerned the act of adultery was committed once she started making out with him and vice versa.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 20th, 2003, 04:00 PM
If Kobe did it, then the truth will come out. I am not defending Kobe, because he should not of been with this girl anyways. However, if you think any basketball player who asks a young lady to come up to his room to watch a movie at night just to Watch The Movie, you seriously are naive Rebecca.

Harloo, I agree. These girls are getting, as another posters said, a story to tell. What is Kobe getting out of the deal......good conversation :rolleyes:. I am very skeptical about those I thought he wanted to talk excuses. If Kobe wanted to talk he has managers, and his entourage (sp) to talk too. Since when is this girl from Colorado the great conversationalist. This is by no means me thinking if he did do it he was justified, but come on some of these girls have to start taking more responsibility for their actions. She should have shut him down from the beginning.

Dawn Marie
Jul 20th, 2003, 05:46 PM
CC, I understand where you are coming from but these ladies need to stop getting pimped by men who are celebrities. She went into a strangers hotel room and made out with a stranger. She is a fool. What was she thinkin'? "Oh this is Kobe Bryant he's safe and in control"?

I just can't feel sorry for either parties here. They both are complete idiot dumbfucks.

I want to know why her boyfriend broke up with her? Is he a Laker fan?

I reallly can't see how anyone can already assume the victim is innocent nor can I see how some can already assume Kobe is innoncent. It's gonna come down to his word against hers. In the process she is going to get ripped apart.

*JR*
Jul 20th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Next time he should call Cari and SJW for a "threepeat"! :p

Car Key Boi
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:18 PM
ha! this cheerleader skank took a drug overdose 2 months prior to her rape claim

KATE=http://carkeyboi.com/dump/attentionwhore.gif THAT'S FUCKED IN THE HEAD

KOBE=CERTAIN TO BE CLEARED

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/sports/6343029.htm

http://carkeyboi.com/dump/rockon.gif

King Satan
Jul 20th, 2003, 08:57 PM
my bro just called me, and he told me that he knows kobe's wife's cousin :D they were locked up together. and he told my bro that when he gets out, to move to his neighborhood. he lives with a "rich white girl" lol

maybe my dream of hangin out with ma boy kobe is closer than i though! :bounce: lol

King Satan
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Report: Incident occurred months before alleged assault

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

The Colorado woman who has accused Kobe Bryant of sexual assault overdosed on pills and was rushed to a hospital two months before the alleged incident with Bryant, one of her close friends told the Orange County Register.

Based on the 19-year-old woman's accusation, Bryant was officially charged with a single count of felony sexual assault Friday. If convicted, he faces four years to life in prison or 20 years to life on probation, and a fine of up to $750,000. Bryant is scheduled to return to Eagle, Colo., for a preliminary hearing on Aug. 6.

Bryant, 24, said Friday that he was guilty only of committing adultery.

In cases of this nature, the credibility of the accuser -- whose identity is not being revealed -- often becomes an issue. The accuser's friends have been keeping her overdose a secret -- until now, the Register reported.

"I think it was just a cry for help," 18-year-old Lindsey McKinney told the newspaper. McKinney had been living at the accuser's house in May, when the woman allegedly took the pills.

When she learned from the woman's ex-boyfriend that the woman had "overdosed," McKinney rushed to her home and found the woman incoherent, lethargic and seemingly drunk, according to the Register.

"I was scared. She wasn't really talking at all," McKinney told the newspaper. "I was like, 'you need to open your eyes.' "

Some friends of the accuser said they believed the overdose was an accident. Not McKinney.

"I don't think it was accidental. I was there," she told the Register.

Tyson Ivie, a former classmate of the accuser's, told the newspaper that the overdose was "a big secret" that friends have been unwilling to talk about until now.

The police dispatch call from the night of the alleged assault is currently sealed from the public by investigators. The woman's father declined comment for the Register's story.

According to the newspaper's report, Bryant's accuser was going through an extremely difficult period in her life at the time of the overdose. She returned home from her freshman year of college to find out her ex-boyfriend had taken up with another woman. Also, around the time of the overdose, close friend Nicole Clements died in a road accident while returning from high school graduation ceremonies.

"It was kind of boom, boom, boom," McKinney told the Register. "I think the things that happened to her in the past had a lot to do with what [she said happened the night of the alleged assault]."

"I know she had been going through a lot, but I know that she wouldn't lie," 19-year-old Eagle resident Ashley Scriver told the newspaper. Scriver also knew about the the overdose.

The Register quoted legal experts as saying the news of the overdose will be a major advantage for Bryant's defense team.

"This is powerful evidence and the answer to the defense's prayers," Robert Pugsley, a criminal law professor at Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles, said. Pugsley added that this kind of evidence, if exploited by the defense, could be enough to shut down the case before it reaches trial.

"[Defense attorneys are] looking for a way to demonstrate that this woman is hysterical and over-reactive," Pugsley said. "This is literally dynamite evidence, a bonanza for the defense and a landmine for prosecution."

Bryant's attorneys could not be reached for comment Saturday by the Register

Amadé
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:16 PM
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif Looks like she (the alleged victim) was dealing with trouble and drugs in her life. And I was about to post the same thing.

harloo
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:48 PM
deng, I didn't know all this shit was going down. I think the young lady is just crying out for help. This is pretty sad stuff.

the cat
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:16 AM
This is very sad news. And as far as the case goes, this could be damaging to the prosecution. The defense will play up the unstable angle bigtime. What kind of real friend blabs about this to the media? :confused:

By the way harloo, I didn't know you were a girl until yesterday. ;)

And JR, I don't think a Kobe Bryant three peat with Cari and SJW is a good idea. SJW is underage in this country. Do you want Kobe to be hit with more jail time? ;)

It appears that the defense has the advantage over the prosecution at this point. But what does the prosecution have up their sleeves? Do they have eyewitnesses?

And just bcause the alleged victim had an overdose doesn't mean she wasn't raped. Don't jump to conclusions.

Rocketta
Jul 21st, 2003, 03:32 AM
And just bcause the alleged victim had an overdose doesn't mean she wasn't raped. Don't jump to conclusions.

That's what I was wondering?? What does one have to do with the other??

Seems to me the prosecution can play up the fact that this girl was finally feeling good about life and now old mean bad dangerous Kobe has destroyed her life. They are worried that she won't hurt herself over this.

I personally don't see what one has to do with the other and if she did try to kill herself then she went to the hospital right and they don't have to rely on a "friend" who apparently was "homeless" at the time and living off of people. hmmm, could this "friend" be in need of money too! I mean that's what everyone is accusing this girl of right going after the money but her "friend" apparently has altruistic motives. :rolleyes:

~ The Leopard ~
Jul 21st, 2003, 04:02 AM
He'll probably get off. Whether or not he actually raped this girl, it will be very hard to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. What's more, I suspect he is going to seem quite credible in the witness box, whereas she may come across as flaky (unfair though that may be, and probably is).

As for some of the moralistic crap on this thread.... For God's sake do any of you imagine for a moment that celebrities like this guy, or people who marry them if it comes to that, give a rat's arse about the virtues of monogamy, the evils of "cheating", etc, except when they need to act all mealy-mouthed for PR purposes? :lol: :tape:

Dawn Marie
Jul 21st, 2003, 05:56 AM
In reality this sucide attempt has nothing to do with anything.

Now from a Court case standpoint it is bad news for the prosecution and the defense can use this to their advantage.

~ The Leopard ~
Jul 21st, 2003, 07:44 AM
In reality this sucide attempt has nothing to do with anything.

Now from a Court case standpoint it is bad news for the prosecution and the defense can use this to their advantage.

You know, Dawn Marie and I don't always see eye to eye. But her posts on this thread make a lot sense to me.

*JR*
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:04 PM
Actually, Joui, the prosecution could use the OD thing to portray the girl as having diminished capacity and Kobe taking advantage of her. (It's a long shot for them, but it depends how desperate they are to win). And Cat, SJW was 18 this month, so she's not jailbait anymore! :p

the cat
Jul 21st, 2003, 03:47 PM
I guess you are technically right, JR. :mad:

I imagine there will be much more information (dirt) on this 19 year old girl before the trial starts. The information about her supposed overdose is just the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned. I hope she agrees to settle out of court. Kobe has tainted if not ruined his image forever. But her image will absolutely be destroyed by the media and the defense. And sadly it's already started. :sad:

Car Key Boi
Jul 21st, 2003, 06:28 PM
BREAKING! CHEERLEADER SKANK ADMITS SHE CONSENTED TO SEX WITH KOBE :bounce:

http://www.eagletimes.com/today/kobe_assault/38283230,2919912.html (http://carkeyboi.com/dump/hump.gif)

http://carkeyboi.com/dump/rockon.gif

Cariaoke
Jul 21st, 2003, 06:31 PM
Next time he should call Cari and SJW for a "threepeat"! :p
:haha: :haha:

um... how did we get in this thread? :rolleyes:

SJW is legal tomorrow so bump y'all hatas.

I don't think Kobe did it but I can't wait to see this on court tv. :D

*JR*
Jul 21st, 2003, 09:26 PM
I guess you are technically right, JR. :mad:

I imagine there will be much more information (dirt) on this 19 year old girl before the trial starts. The information about her supposed overdose is just the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned. I hope she agrees to settle out of court. Kobe has tainted if not ruined his image forever. But her image will absolutely be destroyed by the media and the defense. And sadly it's already started. :sad:
As Da Boi would say, Kobe's marketing potential will be fuckstock if he's "convicted in the court of public opinion". So I would think he might well prefer a trial to a settlement like 3 years probation for unlawful imprisonment, blah. Of course this Kate doesn't need his $ directly, as the tabloids will pay her plenty (not to mention the CK Boi Calendar Co, listed on the Fresno Unlisted Index, aka the FUX :p)! But it could cost Kobe millions in endorsements to settle.

Car Key Boi
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:30 PM
This information is provided by the Car Key Boi for entertainment purposes and also because he's a dickass

Tax Area Account Number Parcel Number Mill Levy
SC013 R017022 210905127006 56.552

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owner Name and Address
FABER, PAUL LOUIS & KRISTINE ANN
PO BOX 1618
EAGLE, CO 81631

Legal Description
SUB:BULL PASTURE BLK:2 LOT:10 BK-0482 PG-0062
GWD 04-06-88

Physical Address: 817 BRUSH CREEK CT EAGLE
Subdivision: BULL PASTURE
Acres: 0.34

Property Tax Valuation Information
Actual Value Assessed Value
Land: 105,000 8,360
Improvements: 239,360 19,050
Total: 344,360 27,410

Sale Date: 4/14/1988
Sale Price: 93,000

Basic Building Characteristics
Number of Residential Buildings: 1
Number of Comm/Ind Buildings: 0

Residential Building Occurrance 1 Characteristics

FIN OPEN PORCH: 278
MAIN FLOOR AREA: 2,480
HEATED AREA: 2,480
ABSTRACT_CODE: SINGLE FAM.RES-IMPROVEMTS
ACT_YEAR_BLT: 1981
AIRCOND: NONE
ARCH_STYLE: 2 STORY
BATHS: 2.5
BEDROOMS: 4
BUILDING_TYPE: SFR
CONST_QUAL: FAIR
EFF_YEAR_BLT: 1981
EXTERIOR_WALL: WD SID AVG
FIXTURES: 10
FLOOR: CARPET INV
FLOOR: SHT VINYL
FRAME: WOOD FRAME
HEATING_FUEL: GAS
HEATING_TYPE: HT WTR B/B
INTERIOR_WALL: DRYWALL
NEIGHBORHOOD: BULL PASTURE/TERRACE
ROOF_COVER: ASP SHINGL
ROOF_STRUCTURE: GABLE/HIP
ROOMS: 9
STORIES: STORIES 2.0
UNITS: 1
USE_CODE: RESIDENTIAL
WALL_FIN: N/A
SUPER_NBHD: EAGLE / GYPSUM

Tax Information
Tax Year Transaction Type Amount
1997 Tax Amount $1,122.08
1997 Tax Payment: Whole ($1,122.08)
1998 Tax Amount $1,183.36
1998 Tax Payment: Whole ($1,183.36)
1999 Tax Amount $1,272.24
1999 Tax Payment: Whole ($1,272.24)
2000 Tax Amount $1,283.98
2000 Tax Payment: Whole ($1,283.98)
2001 Tax Amount $1,567.70
2001 Tax Payment: Whole ($1,567.70)
2002 Tax Amount $1,683.00
2002 Tax Payment: Whole ($1,683.00)

tennischick
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:53 AM
the smoking gun provides the latest info..sorry if someone already posted this...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/kobepress1.html

azza
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:57 AM
Whos him lol

lizchris
Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:55 AM
I have seen the DA on TV for the third straight day (fourth, if you include Friday). If he has to give this many interviews so early in the case, I think his case is in trouble.

Rocketta
Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:40 AM
ya think? :p

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeah! :p

*JR*
Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:01 AM
GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN
Cyndi Lauper

I come home in the morning light
My mother says when you gonna live your life right
Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
And girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun

The phone rings in the middle of the night
My father yells what you gonna do with your life
Oh daddy dear you know you're still number one
But girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have -

That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun

Some boys take a beautiful girl
And hide her away from the rest of the world
I want to be the one to walk in the sun
Oh girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have

That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun,
They want to have fun,
They want to have fun.... :angel:

DunkMachine
Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:46 AM
This reminds me of a case against Patrick Kluivert, the alltime leading top scorer of the Dutch national soccer team. He too was accused of raping a "blonde" girl in his hotel room.

This gold digging biaatch pressed charges and later dropped them only to press charges again lateron.

Who was the last white athlete that has been accused of rape? I don't want to make it racial, I'm just curious.

BTW Kluivert is a blackguy too.