PDA

View Full Version : HINGIS IS OVER FINAL DISAPPOINTMENT

Martian Mel
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Martina Hingis is raring to go despite the crushing disappointment of losing out in the Australian Open final.

The 21-year -old,who won the Sydney International at the start of the year says she has recovered from her Open defeat against Jennifer Capriati.

I believe in myself again and it's a great feeling. I feel better than the last two years. Hingis added.

WOW this is just the news that i needed!COME ON MARTINA!!!:bounce:

destructo_girl
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:02 PM
I am SO glad to hear that, its unbelievable.

Good for Martina. :)

She believes in herself. That is such great news.

Keep going, and never stop!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:15 PM
That's our Marti! :)

mn73
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:36 PM
That quote is from after her SF match though :)

Martian Mel
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Yes she said something like that after her Semi but she said it also after her final.That's why it's on bbc text!;)

RAA
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:59 PM
yes, I think that quote is from earlier, not from after the finals.

She shouldn't be over this match yet. I don't think she should be depressed about it forever, but for a true competitor, a loss like that SHOULD be hard to swallow. Again, I don't think its the end of the world for her, and she played a great tournament, but it'll take her a while to get over it. Didn't Pat Rafter say he didn't leave the house for a week after his Wimbledon 2001 final loss? I' not saying thats good, but he's a competitor and wanted it badly, so of course he suffered a bit after that.
having said that, I think Hingis will bounce back and win the tokyo tournament.
Ruth in Philly pA USA

Zamboni
Jan 28th, 2002, 10:54 PM
I saw it on bbc text too.
It's good she's over the match. New tournie, new chances ;)

hugetennisfan
Jan 28th, 2002, 11:10 PM
I think she's being forced to move on, since she's playing in Tokyo, which is a good thing. But I doubt she's completely over it. That is asking a lot. It is good, I think, for Martina to play again right away, less time to brood.

Rubylips
Jan 28th, 2002, 11:10 PM
MS.HINGIS has nothing to be ashamed about.She did a find job.I take my hat of to MS.HINGIS.:wavey: :cool:

veryborednow
Jan 29th, 2002, 12:53 AM
No way is she over that loss yet, what?! 2 days and ta-da it's erased from her mind? Yeah, and I'm someone that I'm not. That loss is going to hurt. Tina is NOT strong mentally, if anything, that was what the final proved. It's going to take a while longer to get over that match. Not 48 hours.

Fingon
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:06 AM
Well, I think she should be in the middle.

Of course, she can't keep feeling sorry for herself because of this loss and she needs to move on and concentrate in the next tournament.

On the other hand, it doesn't have to be as she doesn't care, loss must hurt her, she must need the need for revenge, that's the kind of behaviour Martina lost after the FO final, I think one of Martina's problem is that she accepted her losses too well, she shouldn't, she should set her goals very very high and be disspointed if she doesn't reach them, next time she plays Capriati, she needs to hate her (only on the court of course), she needs to wish to humillate her, to be a champion, you need a little of that.

I remember Steffi, even though she never said anything bad about any player and was always respectful, she was always distant, she did have some friends but they were mostly players that were competing with her, I think that once she said (I might inventing this as it was a long time ago) that it was difficult to make friend in the tour as they are opponents you have to defeat.

I like the kind of attitude Venus had at the US Open 99 after losing to Martina, she was extremely dissapointed, I believe she was near tears, that match was important for her, and losing it was a big setback and she really wanted a revenge, and we saw what she did the following year.

It's funny because Venus is one of the players whose style I dislike the most but still, I wish my favourite would learn something from her :)

Jordan.
Jan 29th, 2002, 03:55 AM
Cool!

apoet29
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Fingon
Well, I think she should be in the middle.

Of course, she can't keep feeling sorry for herself because of this loss and she needs to move on and concentrate in the next tournament.

On the other hand, it doesn't have to be as she doesn't care, loss must hurt her, she must need the need for revenge, that's the kind of behaviour Martina lost after the FO final, I think one of Martina's problem is that she accepted her losses too well, she shouldn't, she should set her goals very very high and be disspointed if she doesn't reach them, next time she plays Capriati, she needs to hate her (only on the court of course), she needs to wish to humillate her, to be a champion, you need a little of that.

I remember Steffi, even though she never said anything bad about any player and was always respectful, she was always distant, she did have some friends but they were mostly players that were competing with her, I think that once she said (I might inventing this as it was a long time ago) that it was difficult to make friend in the tour as they are opponents you have to defeat.

I like the kind of attitude Venus had at the US Open 99 after losing to Martina, she was extremely dissapointed, I believe she was near tears, that match was important for her, and losing it was a big setback and she really wanted a revenge, and we saw what she did the following year.

It's funny because Venus is one of the players whose style I dislike the most but still, I wish my favourite would learn something from her :)

Well said, Fingon. I would be disappointed in Hingis if she accepts this loss meekly. What she needs to do is keep a copy of this tape and every time she faces a top contender, Martina needs to watch this tape to remind herself to be aggressive in order to win.:fiery:

Linton
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Thats our Mary allways looking on the bright side.

Barrie_Dude
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Martina who?;)

apoet29
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Barrie_Dude
Martina who?;)

You're so mean! :cool: :kiss: