PDA

View Full Version : what's your favorite sports movie(s)?

King Satan
Jul 17th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Mines are: Rudy, and Rocky!

Mase
Jul 17th, 2003, 03:30 AM
I though Any Given Sunday was good, a little too long but, good....

fried_beans
Jul 17th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Rudy And Rocky!! Hell Yea!

Sam L
Jul 17th, 2003, 03:41 AM
A league of their own

irma
Jul 17th, 2003, 06:36 AM
a b movie about a sportstar who helps a disabled kid to run and then the sportstars gets ill and then dies and then the boy is totally sad but in the end wins the race

so dramatic :sad:

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Escape to Victory... Sly Stallone in goal... Pele breaking his arm then scoring with an overhead kick...

ID - Film about a policeman who gets sent out with other coppers to go undercover in order to infiltrate a gang of football hooligans... The only trouble is, he gets turned on by the buzz of the violence and becomes a hooligan himself. ("I f**king love you Gumbo"). Features the bloke who plays Billy Mitchell in Eastenders, and the bloke who plays Dr Trueman, as a hooligan...

skanky~skanketta
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:31 AM
REMEMBER THE TITANS!the BEST sports movie EVER!i cried so much for it!

DunkMachine
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Shaolin Soccer.

Badass DBZ style soccer movie from china

King Satan
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:33 AM
REMEMBER THE TITANS!the BEST sports movie EVER!i cried so much for it!
that movie was great also! :)

skanky~skanketta
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:43 AM
so we havent spoken in a while!how are you?

Colin B
Jul 17th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Le Mans - Steve McQueen as a racing driver competing in the grueling 24 hour race - awesome 'slo-mo' crash sequence.

Chariots of Fire - The Brits vs. the Americans at the Paris Olympics in the 20s - won Oscars.

Gregory's Girl - charming footy chick-flick - girl overcomes prejudice to become the best footballer in her school - the 'Bend it Like Beckham' of it's day.

adss
Jul 17th, 2003, 04:04 PM
the mighty ducks collection (shh...i had a thing for josh jackson, and mike modano and paul karyia make a cameo in the trilogy!)

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 17th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Chariots of Fire just reminds me of that Reeves and Mortimer sketch where they take off that scene when they are running on the beach, Vic looks down at Bob's legs to see they are made of asparagus, and Bob sprints off into the distance... then a star comes up on screen saying "Asparagus, 59p"...