PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with Italians !?

korben
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:38 PM
As most (should) know they are ruling Europe now. For others clarification, European Union circulates it leader from members to each other. So that every country has their half year at the time. Italy got this post at start of July.

Their PM Mr. Silvio Mussoli.... sorry Berlusconi immediatly made impact, by calling a German MP a Nazi (well nearly) that is not all. Now they have come up with an idea that "Declaration of indepence" or something like that of European Union must contain mensioning that ALL Europeans have Jude-Christian roots. WTF !!! Havenīt those idiots realized that we are living in 21st century and church has about zero to none crediblity in some parts of this continent. And those that have not will soon realise "greatest hoax of all times" and are soon to be join legion of bagans. (Ok, that part was maybe little off, but all should get the point, and yes I know Italy is very religious country)

For me this is a big NO. I know that my roots are from Ural or there about. Why on earth should we agree to this mediterrainian hoax at all. After all we have our own Gods :rolleyes: (Like Lasse Viren, Teemu Selänne, Saku Koivu,Paavo Nurmi etc.)

korben
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:41 PM
so you're a bagan, huh?

You yanks stay our of this, ok. :rolleyes:

King Satan
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Hi DD, how's it goin? ;)

MarcusRock
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:45 PM
ok fine...we'll stay our of this. damn...Yeah, you yanks and your classic style senses of fashio. I bet next you'll be trying to melt people unawares.

nasty nick#2
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:45 PM
As most (should) know they are ruling Europe now.[/SIZE]

Fixed your post, that's better. That's all i care about :)

korben
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Fixed your post, that's better. That's all i care about :)

Ummm. Isnīt it fair to assume that not all know how European Union works :confused:

Lindsayfan
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:53 PM
there isnt anything wrong with Italians...there's something wrong only with Mr Berlusconi.I'm italian and it's a shame they elected him as our premier.he was totally wrong to call Nazi that german PM.
about the religion: well it's not true that religion has no importance,cos here ppl r very practising and also in other countries (specially catholic countries,cant talk about protestants).

nasty nick#2
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Berlusconi was wrong to call him what he did, but if the rest of the nations wants to colaborate they shouldn't critisize him before he even started as President and call him corrupt and other sh!t, give him a chance and don't act like uncivilized fools.

korben
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Replying to own conclution. No it isnīt. Just got disturbing message that we "Europe" are about to get a new "Declaration of Independence" (sorry donīt know better word...)

THEY have just come out with this and it reads.
In example. You people from northern countries are useless... we concidere a genocide. (that is joke but near the truth)

Oh wait, there were over 600 change proposals, of none where voted. And yeah well Finland didnīt have represantive at the meeting at all. WTF !!!

Colin B
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:04 PM
To digress slightly, there's an old joke about the E.C.:

Europe - the best case scenario:

British police, French cooking, Italian lovers and German organisation.

Europe - the worst case scenario:

British cooking, French police, German lovers and Italian organisation.

Looks like we may be going through a bad patch!!

azza
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:07 PM
me r confuzzled

korben
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:10 PM
about the religion: well it's not true that religion has no importance,cos here ppl r very practising and also in other countries (specially catholic countries,cant talk about protestants).

You found the point :worship: Religion is becoming a HUGE preblem for those (like me) that have studied behavior of THEM. And reply to that post up there. Yes Iīm a pagan. And VERY PROUD of it. I can only hope that more learn what it happening, in "real world" (Sorry again, not trying to insult anyone, just saing my opinions)

korben
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:16 PM
where were all the finns when this happened? :confused:

(ok, ok staying out of it)

Yeah !!! We have holiday season now, so maybe our MEPs didnīt bother :fiery:

korben
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Wow, just read that this new "declaration" might be put under public vote !!! My guess, 95% of finns donīt agree. So bye, bye, European Union :wavey: (Joining Switzerland as Independent countries again, I hope) Hope we can keep the "EURO" though :D

lakeway11
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:31 PM
http://www.******************/pennetta/301_9031.jpg

nothing wrong with this Italian :)

korben
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:32 PM
well i sure as hell hope that 95% of the finns aren't on holiday or something when this is voted...sheesh!

Probably not. Finland is "closed" in July. We work form August to June :D

dubro
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:37 PM
moro korben!

uhm...ok we can call it an 'incident' but dont forget mr silvio mussolini (here in italy he is called Black Knight) was insulted a lot be4 the nazi joke......yep, was a joke!
but silvio is used to those gaffes, we italians know him, and...what a surprise lindsayfan is politically against silvio: r u a communist???????
ROTFLMAO :lol: ;)

about religion: good question! im versus any kind of official constitution, and also versus any religion advice :tape:
but it can do good for ignorant people etc. (religion people's opium, right?)

ciao a tutti :wavey:

korben
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:48 PM
right...the opiate of the people....

Diva U a pagan too ?

Josh
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Berlusconi (and his government) is the worst, most corrupt and most incompetent leader of any Western nation. Italy deserves so much better.

There should be no mention of religion in a European "constitution". Not mentioning religion doesn't equal atheism, it's just a sign of respect and tolerance for all the different beliefs.

mboyle
Jul 16th, 2003, 10:00 PM
To digress slightly, there's an old joke about the E.C.:

Europe - the best case scenario:

British police, French cooking, Italian lovers and German organisation.

Looks like we may be going through a bad patch!!

THAT IS SOOOOO HILLARIOUS! :lol: :lol: :worship: :bowdown: :bounce: :bounce:

controlfreak
Jul 16th, 2003, 11:47 PM

Calm down and have some curried chips.

propi
Jul 17th, 2003, 12:07 AM
I hope Italy stays OK at least while I'm there, after that it can do whatever they want.
As I have an evil part :devil: I'll pretend to be devil's avocate :devil: why not naming the Christian principles in the european constitution??? I know States currently are aconfesional but it's known church has had influence ( I won't say if good or bad) in the History of Europe, anyway just note it doesn't mean those principles have to rule Europe...on the other hand that could be used by some retard as an excuse to avoid countries as Turkey, Bosnia or Albania become EU members....
Just before I'll recieve some critics I'll only say I don't support then in the Constitution, but I love talking about messy european politics, that's all :)

salima
Jul 18th, 2003, 06:26 AM
Personally, I can't stand the EU and all this stuff, but what I will say is if Berlusconi is such a moron, how come he has been elected into these postions? Maybe someone with a greater political knowledge than I can enlighten me!!

Do you think being such a moron disqualify to be elected
:eek:
Think, do we find others around the world, now or in the past? let me remind you of the nazi party in 1933 was elected into a coallition goverment.

My biggest worry about Berlusconi is that he as a single person has from his elected position made two sets of laws, one for him, and one for those who trusted and elected him.

In a modern democracy you will find three paarts ruling and deciding the societies way.
The elected politicians
the press
the law
Under the present regime in Italy you will find the same person as a head for all three groups. Berlusconi has cleverly manouverd himself into a one man rule position, and by doing so, made Italy like an old "vasall state"

Andy_
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:20 AM
I agree, it wasn't as bad as the Germans made out. They're always complaining anyway.

Oh, yes... there are probably worse things than "ironically" invite a member of the European Parliament to audition for a role in a movie about Nazism... But honestly, if this comes from someone who is expected to be representing me and my country before the rest of Europe, he has allies whose past is liked straightforwardly to the fascist regime (just notice that family members of "dear old" Benito belong to the party), when he himself is acting ins ushc a way that makes his government resemble a dictatorial regime (such as approving laws that protect his own very interests, controlling all national TVs and so on), well... I think it's bad enough to receive plenty of criticism from everyone!! :fiery:

bello
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Italian government may be a big off with some things, but there's nothing wrong with Italians.
Doesnt mean we all have the same point of view, or that we are all overly religious.

Pero` quello che facciamo noi italiani e` sempe giusto....e non tradurre altri italiani!!! haha

propi
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Italian government may be a big off with some things, but there's nothing wrong with Italians.
Doesnt mean we all have the same point of view, or that we are all overly religious.

Pero` quello che facciamo noi italiani e` sempe giusto....e non tradurre altri italiani!!! haha
Ni dispiace, ma non hai raggione :p

salima
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Remember this one, anyone? Originally posted by a russian living in France

http://www.minijuegos.com/juegos/jugar.php?id=827

if it works :p

King Satan
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Remember this one, anyone? Originally posted by a russian living in France

http://www.minijuegos.com/juegos/jugar.php?id=827

if it works :p
lol! that's great :D

Benny
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Nothing is wrong with the Italians, only the person running the country.
Don't sterotype them as if they are all like that.

salima
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:37 AM
donīt want to stereotype, but myths of how we and you and you and you are keeps us aware of our own heritige. we must just remember that this stereotyping is not the truth.

Who elected this berlusconi anyway :confused:

gentenaire
Jul 18th, 2003, 12:04 PM
I've always felt stereotypes hold a lot of truth. In any case, I don't have a problem with Italians, Berlusconi on the other hand...

And I'm with Korben on this one, religion should not be mentioned in any constitution. Religion is a private matter and shouldn't have anything to do with politics.