PDA

View Full Version : In this thread we rate music singles/albums

nasty nick#2
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Everyone is welcome to discuss music in here, we just discuss new singles and have a fun chat :D

nasty nick#2
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:50 PM
What did u think about Monica, Ashanti and Betonce's albums?

nasty nick#2
Jul 16th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Ok, i've even reviewed these 3 albums on Amazon. Let's make this short

Ashanti: Silly lyrics, and beats. I though she would do better on Chapter 2 but it was even worse then the first one.

Monica: After 5 years she's back but the album lack good songs, big dissapointment.

Beyoncé: Could have been better, but the album was ok. Ironically i liked both of the songs with Jay "That's how you like it" was the best. "Speechless" is beautiful and sensual, no hit-single though. Many many mediocre ballads on the album, check out the one with Luther it was pretty good too.

tommyk75
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:14 AM
I beg to differ, Monica's new album is excellent. I'm not big on R&B, but she's made a fan out of me. "You Should've Known" and "I Wrote This Song" are two of the best tracks. As for Beyonce, I thought it was rather disappointing. "Crazy in Love" is pretty good, but there are too many meandering slow songs that try to sound sexy but come off boring.

SM
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Christina AGuilera : 'Stripped' = 9/10
Lil Kim: 'La Bella Mafia" = 8/10 if you like rap

havent bought any other albums lately..

skanky~skanketta
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:50 AM
DD, i think monica is totally awesome. at least, she was 5 years ago. havent gotten beyonce or monica's album yet, but i will. i wont buy ashanti's cuz cant stand her.

i got evanescense's fallen lately and i give it a 6/10
i also got charlie's angels soundtrack and i give that 7/10
and i FINALLY got sean paul;s dutty rock and i give it 8/10. his voice is so damn sexy!

nasty nick#2
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:59 AM
If you wanna read my reviews go to amazon and check Josephll :p

nasty nick#2
Jul 17th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Callista, Dutty rock is a decent album, there's like 3-4 really good songs, Sean Paul got a extra-ordinary voice that suits the music fine, + the neptunes are contributing with their funky beats.

Colin B
Jul 17th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Evanescence.

Fallen - Awesome album.

Bring Me To Life - Best single to chart in ages.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 17th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Beyonce-DIL (ratings 2.5/10) This is one talented lady, but her album was boring and overdone. Disappointing is the word. A couple of okay tracks, but the rest were just that, other tracks.

Monica-After The Storm (ratings 2/10) See above :rolleyes:

Ashanti-Chapter II (ratings 0) Until she starts singing, I wouldn't enjoy shit from her. Boring lyrics (awww baby), recycled beats, and a bad-sounding voice makes for disaster :rolleyes:.

Mya-Moodring (ratings 8/10) This is one of the best R&B albums i've heard all year :D. I'm no Mya fan, but I'm really impressed by this album. The ballads are stellar and the mid-tempo songs are amazing. I like all the tracks on this album except Complicated Lady and Whatever Bitch. Those two were unnecessary IMO. But overall, a really great album :D

King Aaron
Jul 17th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Evanescence, Fallen. 8/10 About as high as you can go on my ratings list. ;) Awesome album and very deep lyrics. :D

Pink feat. William Orbit, Feel Good Time. 7/10 Bouncy summer anthem. My girl does well to carry and change a medicore tune into a party anthem! ;)

shap_half
Jul 17th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Beyonce-DIL (ratings 2.5/10) This is one talented lady, but her album was boring and overdone. Disappointing is the word. A couple of okay tracks, but the rest were just that, other tracks.

Monica-After The Storm (ratings 2/10) See above :rolleyes:

Ashanti-Chapter II (ratings 0) Until she starts singing, I wouldn't enjoy shit from her. Boring lyrics (awww baby), recycled beats, and a bad-sounding voice makes for disaster :rolleyes:.

Mya-Moodring (ratings 8/10) This is one of the best R&B albums i've heard all year :D. I'm no Mya fan, but I'm really impressed by this album. The ballads are stellar and the mid-tempo songs are amazing. I like all the tracks on this album except Complicated Lady and Whatever Bitch. Those two were unnecessary IMO. But overall, a really great album :D

What are the names of the ballads Mya sings?

I thought Kelly Clarkson's album was also pretty good and very varied...

skanky~skanketta
Jul 17th, 2003, 06:54 PM
kelly clarkson's alb was okay. nothing great about it. miss independent sounded like a cross of fighter and dirrty. its such a "regular" type alb. she is talented and needs to sing songs that sound good for her. i mean, she has diane warren and babyface writing her songs!

mya's moodring is utterly fantastic and i love whatever bitch!my love is like wo is great too!love the vid.

shap_half
Jul 17th, 2003, 07:08 PM
kelly clarkson's alb was okay. nothing great about it. miss independent sounded like a cross of fighter and dirrty. its such a "regular" type alb. she is talented and needs to sing songs that sound good for her. i mean, she has diane warren and babyface writing her songs!

mya's moodring is utterly fantastic and i love whatever bitch!my love is like wo is great too!love the vid.

I don't know. I thought it wasn't a "regular" type album. I really enjoyed listening to the variety in the album. The song selection was excellent. The song Kelly did with Tamyra was very well done and fresh. "Just Missed the Train" is my favorite track in the album because of the mellowness and beat.

skanky~skanketta
Jul 17th, 2003, 07:11 PM
mmmmm....i just dont like it cuz it sounds too much like other albs. variety is there yeah, but the songs sound like i've heard them before. i LOVE the tamyra-kelly one and just missed the train is just as good though.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 17th, 2003, 07:22 PM
What are the names of the ballads Mya sings?

I thought Kelly Clarkson's album was also pretty good and very varied...
There are some really good ones:

Fallen (more mid-tempo but lovely nevertheless)
Why You Gotta Look So Good
You
After The Rain
Take A Picture

(I love this album :hearts: :hearts: )

Madhuri
Jul 17th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Christina Aguilera - "Stripped" 9/10-- The best album I have bought in a long time. She easily blows the competition out of the water. Beyonce and Ashanti can't touch her vocally.

Coldplay- "A rush of Blood" 6/10-- I expected to like this album more. I think the critics went a little overboard on the praise. "Parachutes" is a much better album.

I would appreciate if anyone has the Audioslave album and can tell me if it is worth buying. I really love that song "Like as stone". Are there more songs like "Stone" on the album or is it a one-hit album?

King Aaron
Jul 18th, 2003, 06:41 PM
There are some really good ones:

Fallen (more mid-tempo but lovely nevertheless)
Why You Gotta Look So Good
You
After The Rain
Take A Picture

(I love this album :hearts: :hearts: )
What do you really think about Take A Picture? I think it's very mellow and smooth. Lovely. :) It was written by P!nk. :D :bowdown:

mboyle
Jul 18th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Christina Aguilera: Stripped-10/10 AMAZING. Her voice is INCREDIBLE (the best of the new generation by FAR), and she sings about EVERYTHING, and it all sounds honest. She is one of the few people that can pull off fast tracks like "dirrty" (one of the best singles in a while IMHO), playful medium tempos like "Infatuation" and then master the slow ballads like "The Voice Within" (why the hell hasn't she released this song? It is her best off the CD:o ). Christina is the real deal, and will be around us for a while.

mboyle
Jul 18th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Jewel 0304-6/10 okay, but really too techno. I guess she had to try something different, but it really sounds fake as hell at times, but fun to listen to because of tracks like "Stand", "Intuition", and "2 Find U".

mboyle
Jul 18th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Beyonce "Dangerously In Love"-5/10 she tried way too hard to sound "mature". Sorry, but she doesn't have the voice to pull off all those slow ballads:o (don't get me wrong, she has a good voice, but in order to do more than one or two ballads on a CD, you really have to have a voice like Mariah or Celine or WHitney). Still, the first three songs are all great, and I enjoyed listening to it.

Glenn
Jul 18th, 2003, 07:40 PM
The Cardigans - You're the Storm
9/10

mboyle
Jul 18th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Michelle Branch "Hotel Paper"-6.5/10 Higher than Jewel and Beyonce because she is being real throughout the album, but as Rolling Stone said, all her tracks sound the same:o . "Hotel Paper" is a really great song, as is "Are you Happy Now", but I would have liked SOME variety from michelle:( .

mboyle
Jul 18th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Madonna "American Life"-7/10 The musical beats left alot to be desired, but the lyrics were the best I have ever heard. Madonna talks about real problems in the world, her own life mistakes, etc. If she had used some melodic tunes instead of Techno crap, I think it would have been deemed a classic album due to the quality of song writing.

Dava
Jul 18th, 2003, 07:49 PM
La Bella Maffia is the best hip pop album of the year by far, its got some fell funky tunes, which is what I want none of that ballard shit.

Well I just listened to Ashitis new album, and to be fare to the girl she got some good tunes, but most of it is your regular Murder Stink pap! The highlight for mw is one track where Irv Potty satrts saying "'I gotta tell you about this girl, no wait shea int no girl, shes an angel, shes Ashanti AshantiAshantiAshantiAshantiAshantiAshantiAshantiA shantiAshanti! Its so funny. The best tracks are I found lovin, Then Your gone (lyrically crap, but hey you cant expect Ashiti to write something serious about death now can you), and Dreammaker, is what I think itys called.

I will be back with more inclusive reviws of Lil Kim and Beyonce

skanky~skanketta
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:31 PM
i'd give christina's stripped an 8/10. there are some REALLY REALLY good tracks. infatuation was good, but it got boring after a while. her jazzy tunes were really cool though. i LOVE impossible. and make over is wonderful too. she sounds so relaxed there with not much power in her voice like she does on the other tracks. and of course, the deep, deep beautifl. i dont think i;ve heard a more beautiful song lyrically in a while! IMO, get mine get yours is the worst song on the alb, but i give that a 6/10, which mean i think the rest of her songs are rockin!

next CD i wanna buy is eye-candy by mis-teeq. i love these girls!especially the rapper chick, i love that voice and she's very pretty.

kournikovafan13
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Good thread :)

Okay, here are the albums I most recently have listened to...

Beyonce - Dangerously In Love : Ugh, I thought this album was pretty poor. Beyonce has a nice voice when she uses it right, like she did in 'Crazy In Love', but throughout the album she uses this annoying double voice like thing, and it just irritates you. Boring. 5/10

Linkin Park - Meteora : Oh. My. God. Can you say awful? Not much to say here. More of the same screaming, irritating shit.3/10

Evanescence - Fallen : Wow. My favorite album of all time. I'm picky with songs, I usually can't listen to a whole album without skipping a couple of songs, but on Fallen I can easily listen to every single one. Standout tracks for me are 'Going Under', 'Tourniquet', 'Whisper', 'Haunted', and 'My Last Breath'. But I love every single one. 10/10

alias
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:37 PM
I adore Christina's album 10/10! :worship: My favourites are Walk Away, Infatuation, Impossible, Beautiful, Fighter and Dirty.

Justin Timbrelake is alright 7/10. :) I find his voice to be a little whiney but he has some good beats. Cry me a river, Senorita and Rock my body are the better tracks.

Coldplay :worship: :worship: :worship: I don't know what to say. I really love this group. I saw them in concert for the first time a couple months ago and they were amazing! I love Chris Martins voice :hearts:

Mazza
Jul 19th, 2003, 12:21 AM
I adore Christina's album 10/10! :worship: My favourites are Walk Away, Infatuation, Impossible, Beautiful, Fighter and Dirty.

Coldplay :worship: :worship: :worship: I don't know what to say. I really love this group. I saw them in concert for the first time a couple months ago and they were amazing! I love Chris Martins voice :hearts:
Ditto! :worship: I cant wait for Coldplay to get back in the studio cos some of the new songs they've been playing have been fantastic!

Ive recently listened to the Christina Album and although im not really a fan... i was really impressed with this album. :cool:

I'd give the new Radiohead album, Hail to the Thief about 7/10. Good album, 2+2=5 if best song on the imo, however HTTT is not as good as Ok Computer and The Bends.