PDA

View Full Version : Elyzibythe, Ginapher, Suezynn, Mikol

gentenaire
Jul 16th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Guess what those names really are! Some people trying to be 'original', poor kids.

Go to this site and laugh and weep at the same time:

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html

A few of my 'favourites' :lol:

For a girl Tierrainney Mackanzie [last name]
for a boy Tristin Gabrielle Reese [last name]

Oh yeah. Every boy wants Gabrielle as a middle name.. And that girl's name could use a few more syllables. Hell, if you're going to give your kid a cool super-villain name like Tyranny, spell it right!

I have a 7 yr. old daughter named Mariah Carrie [last name] ... as you can tell my husband really likes the singer and we even have a picture with the real Mariah Carey and my Mariah Carrie together. So we are expecting our second child in April and i think we should stick with a singer/star name since we started it with Mariah, yet we call her maya. Sex is unknow so if its a boy I like: Marc Anthony and if its a girl: Aaliyah Marie. What do you guys think? any suggestions? any star/singer names?

[No comment, just the sound of muffled weeping.]

Come on everyone, it's Forehead Slapping Time!
Hit yourself hard enough, and you'll be as smart as these people!

Vienna - Does anyone like it? I thought it was kinda pretty. The little girl is 4 who has this name. It's an Italian name....and I thought it was pretty. What do you guys think?

Among the responses:

" It's a pretty name. I thought of Italy right when I saw it."
" its pretty...I think of Vienna Italy - the place - right away"
"It's kinda pretty, but nms. It is very Italian sounding, though."
"Pretty name, thought of Switzerland instantly!!"
"Not bad, but I do automatically think ... of vienna sausages. Vienna is also a city in Austria, but I kind of like "place" names, so that works for me, I just can't get past the sausage reference."

Finally! A winner! (In a way.)

decemberlove
Jul 16th, 2003, 05:44 PM
i love the name vienna

my boyfriends neice's name is vienna marie [it seems like everyone either has the name marie or lynn for a middle name... BORING]. his brother LOVES history.

gentenaire
Jul 16th, 2003, 06:50 PM
I just hope he didn't name her Vienna because he thinks it's Italian.

cynicole
Jul 16th, 2003, 07:35 PM
from that site:

It's so rare I get to hear back from one of these parents. Most people who write to me are: a) militant child-free folks who think I'm sockin' it to the breeders, b) people sending me urban legends (Orangejello, Uterus, Placenta, Female = "Femily," Ophelia Balls, Crystal Shanda Lear, etc.) c) Teachers...woah, do I get a lot of mail from teachers!

My brother-in-law does know a person named LemonJello. (Leh-MAHN-Jel-o)

gentenaire
Jul 16th, 2003, 07:43 PM
More:

Let's discuss the concept of naming your kid after where they're conceived, shall we?
(Answer: We shall!)

If I'd named 'em for where they were most like conceived, well, Paula would have to be called "Mt Graham" for the camping trip DH & I were on...and Joe? Well, I think Joe would now be named, ahem, Ford! (blushing furiously here!)

Okay if we're going with truth in advertising....My eldest would be "Billiards", my middle child would be "Gramma's-house-on-Christmas-Eve" and my youngest would be "Trampoline". :-O

I am due in November, I just got pregnant. I am having quadruplets! Wow, that's a lot of kids. I am having four girls and one boy.

danielrosario
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:14 AM
I like this:

Hi! my name is Kasandra, it is the best name in the world, you all should name your babie girls that! I am a greek goddess, i see the future but no one listens to me!
---Kasandra
I'm sorry, did you say something?

LOL