she should as thats what she did last year
Stanford Tier II Jul 28 02
1 Meghann Shaughnessy - Lucic-Q 7-65 6-3
Qual 3 Lucic - Kristina Brandi 6-4 7-64
Qual 2 Lucic - Greta Arn(5) 6-1 6-1
Qual 1 Lucic - Teryn Ashley 6-4 6-4

martinafan
Jul 18th, 2003, 04:05 PM
she should be playing challengers...not tier 2 events - even if it is the qualifying.

She needs to play challengers regularly, and start winning some matches and maybe some titles - gain some confidence and improve her ranks so she'll be fit, confident and playing well for when she does play qualifying at these pro events!!!

I think she should also start playing doubles at more events, for match practice.

sylvain
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:43 AM
I totally agree with you martinafan, but I am not sure she is able to play a lot of tournament in a year.... :o :sad:

Monica_Rules
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:51 PM
I wish she would play challangers so she would get more confident and when she plays WTA events can kick some ass!

AjdeNate!
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:56 PM
I'd wish her luck for the BOTW....but it always proves the opposite true. So I'll just hold my tongue.

Dava
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Well she might have to play some chellengers if she loses here. God she is making it real hard to be a fan at the momment :mad:

Venus Forever
Jul 20th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Looks like Mirjana will lose a lot of points as she did not play here. :o :rolleyes: :mad:

AjdeNate!
Jul 20th, 2003, 01:58 AM
:sad:

AaronJoyB
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:44 AM
I have no wordw why she is not here.

last news i had was she s goin to play stanford quly

Martian Willow
Jul 20th, 2003, 01:58 PM
:confused: and :sad: as usual.

Jacquie
Jul 20th, 2003, 05:18 PM
I have no wordw why she is not here.

last news i had was she s goin to play stanford quly
She is playing in the Acura Opportunity tournament in San Diego to get into the Acura Tournament qualifying draw. saw her name in the paper for that.

MLF
Jul 20th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Thanks Jacquie. Does it say who else is playing or Mirjana plays?

Mirjana never intended on playing here in Stanford. She was never on any of the committment lists so I do't know why people are surprised - she had never entered in the first place.

Jacquie
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Thanks Jacquie. Does it say who else is playing or Mirjana plays?

Mirjana never intended on playing here in Stanford. She was never on any of the committment lists so I do't know why people are surprised - she had never entered in the first place.
the opportunity tournament winner will play in the qualifying draw..
leslie Koffi d luic 6-1 6-4
in quarters were:
Koffi d BiffyKaufman 3-6 6-2 6-4
Lee Julia Whitwell d Lauren Perl 6-2 6-2
A Bradshaw d Beau Jones 6-4 61

That's all they showed a lot of local San Diego people usually play this event.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:11 PM
wait lucic lost to koffi? lol

MLF
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Koffi beat Lucic ? That would be too much. Thanks for the results but I really don't think Mirjana would lose 6-1 6-4 to an unranked player - she better bloody not have. I hope it's an incorrect score.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Koffi beat Lucic ? That would be too much. Thanks for the results but I really don't think Mirjana would lose 6-1 6-4 to an unranked player - she better bloody not have. I hope it's an incorrect score.

Well nobody can doubt Mirjana being committed or not since she is going down to pre-pre-qualifying level lol. But I will question what the hell she is thinking. Acura qualifying draws are ALWAYS far stronger than the ones in Stanford. When you have qualifying points to defend as well , why risk it? Doesn't make sense to me...

Jacquie
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Well nobody can doubt Mirjana being committed or not since she is going down to pre-pre-qualifying level lol. But I will question what the hell she is thinking. Acura qualifying draws are ALWAYS far stronger than the ones in Stanford. When you have qualifying points to defend as well , why risk it? Doesn't make sense to me...
So unless this is a different paper the LA times had the score
Lelie Koffi d Mirjana Lucic 1 and 4.
sorry.

Martian Willow
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:50 PM
http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Thud.gif

Experimentee
Jul 21st, 2003, 01:25 PM
She should have played Stanford. The draw is so much weaker there, and seeing as she has points to defend, its an obvious choice. I dont know whats going through her head.

mn73
Jul 21st, 2003, 04:26 PM
I've been told that Mirjana has not played in San Diego. Is there a web link to this report?

Jakub
Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:01 PM
omg :sad:

Martian Willow
Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:23 PM
According to this Mirjana withdrew before the match started, so I don't know where that scoreline comes from :confused:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=2184060&postcount=2

It's a relief to know she didn't lose to a player like that, but it doesn't explain why she entered in the first place.

MLF
Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:03 PM
Thank goodness that the score reported for Mirjana turned out to be untrue. Her form hasn't been fantastic this season but it's been of a good level, her matches have all been competitive, even with Dechy & Gagliardi so it seemed too unlikely she could lose 1 & 4 at the moment to Koffi.