PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but I have to tell you this...

FP
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Hi I want to share with you my dissaoppointment!!!!!!!
Of course you all know that Ms. Martina Hingis lost the final after leading 6-4 and 4-0 she Lost in 3 sets. You know I couln't even take a look at this match after I knew the score.
I was SOOOOOO Dissapointed !!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked that is all. I think I have never been so disappointed before in my life. She lost 4 match points. I have no words I think I will not watch tennis anymore it becomes too frustrating for me. And you know what I was damn sure that she will win !!! I was damn sure that Safin will win and he also lost :-((( But I care more for Miss Stupid Head I mean Hingis, I geuss I should choose another favorit somebody like Capriati...
I think it is bad luck that's it but you know how can you play again after loses like this I cannot imagine what she feels like right now. If even I was so disappointed how she feels like then...
She is better player than anybody out there I'm sure about it and the fact that she cannot win Grand Slam 3 years is it just bad luck or what I don't know maybe somebody made wodoo on her or something. I cannot understand :-((( I wish she lost to Monica at semifinals but not to this insane durty stupid bad mouthed Capriati. You know if somebody asked me wether I agree to fail exam or lost money or loose my job and let Hingis win Grand slam I would agree. I'm simply tired!!! Since I follow this stupid game - tennis I became real fan of tennis only coz of Hingis, because I have never seen somebody more talented than her in tennis, it was in 99 and it was already autumn, I have never seen her winning Grand Slam I don't know maybe I brought her bad luck. She played so many semis and finals but never ever wins WHAT IS GOING ON !!! I don't know what is happening with her she does not believe in herself but i don't see the reason for that she is still the best !!! Everybody keep asking her how it is like not to win GS 3 years, what do u feel, why u cannot win the last match, why it is always like that. Even I fed up with those questions to her! She is under such a pressure. I saw some part of the match she was so sneviuos I have never seen her so nervious she didn't even smiled which is very wird for her. After she lost 2 set she was already crying but it was only 1 all even though she lost it after 4-0 lead after 4 match points it is still not the end of the world, but she just gifted the match to Capriati, she never believed that she could win that match anymore even after she broke Capriati in 3 set and lead 2-1 and was her serve.
I HATE CAPRIATI I WANT HER NEVER WIN ANY MATCH AGAIN NEVER IN HER LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant believe that she told the umpire during the final "2 'shut the hell up' and 'get the fucken referee'!" what a really disgusting dirty woman. She is out of her mind!!!
I'm so happy that Davenport swept her from the top spot at the end of the last year!!!!!!!!
I know that Hingis also had her portion of bad behaviuor but she has never talked like that and she has never been SO arrogant.

Williams Rulez
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:10 PM
You shouldn't be mean to Capriati just cause Hingis lost. But I can sympathise with you. When your favourite has clearly been the better one in the whole match, but suddenly chokes to lose, it is such a horrible feeling...

TeeRexx
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Uh, have a capuccino and a chill pill and see us in the morning. :rolleyes:

mn73
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:21 PM
I love the way nobody on this board ever says the F-word! They can't possibly because everyone is outraged when Jennifer gets frustrated and uses it! I'm not condoning her behaviour but I am also not going to be a hypocrite and berate her for it either.

Anyway - as a Capriati fan I understand your feelings. I watched Jennifer waste EIGHT matchpoints against Venus Williams in the Miami final last year - so disappointing, and it sticks in your mind for ever!!! If she had converted one of those matchpoints she would have finished the year as #1!!!

But to cheer Hingis fans up - Jen's next tournament after that horror-final was Charleston and she went on to win the title (Hingis fans try not to remember who she beat in the final!!!), but the point is she learnt from it and moved forward. Hingis will do the same.

Gallofa
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:37 PM
You have no right to say these things about Jennifer. She said fuck, so what? maybe we are still in kindergarden? and we should run to the teacher and say "she said fuck!!" and point accusingly! what's up with that? do we live in such different worlds? that saying fuck rates you comments like those?

I have absolutely no problem with her language. None whatsover. She can talk whichever way she seems fit.

Nothing justifies insulting Jennifer. Do not hide behind dissapointment to attack someone.

Infiniti2001
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:39 PM
The last time I checked, Jennifer did what Martina did not have the guts to do, and that 's WIN plain and simple... They both played under the same horrendous conditions, it's not like Jennifer was wearing an air conditioner on her back ...

I just so love it when Hingis fans go on about how she is the best player out there--- 3 years ago she had 5 slams whereas Lindsay, Serena, Mary, Venus and now Jennifer had ZERO.... Since then they've all won about one each. Do you think she is still the best???:rolleyes:
Anyway, I suggest you take some time out :P

TSequoia01
Jan 28th, 2002, 06:12 PM
I am not a fan of Hingis, but these young ladies are under tremendous pressure. Hingis suffered from what Davenport and Serena have in the past. You want to win soooooo bad that you focus not on winning but on not losing. Losing then dominates your thoughts, consequently you lose. She is not the first to do it and certainly will not be the last. As for Capriati's behaviour on court, it is poor sportsmanship, unprofessional, disrespectful to linespersons, umpires, and fans. Imagine the outcry if Venus or Serena cussed a linesperson or umpire. Unless she corrects this, it will ultimately be her downfall, because it belies more serious deficencies. A serious lack of self respect and control. :cool:

Barrie_Dude
Jan 28th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Darn It! FP reminded me how I am simply not doing my job! Of Course Jennifer was not running around with an air conditioner on her back! That's my job! Geeeessh! And I was not there!:eek: :eek: :sad: :sad:

Jamy
Jan 28th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Say what you may about Martina. At age 21 she has the best record at AO. Lets face it, some people are more physically stronger then others. This was the case with Martina. Her physical endurance was not as great as Jens. But honestly speaking her game was better until the heat took over. I have jogged when the temperature is 90 degree and I can tell you that is grueling, I stop. I can understand how dificult it was to stay out there playing as long as they did.

Martina has nothing to apologize or be ashamed of. Hats off to her, at least she did not quit.

Volcana
Jan 28th, 2002, 06:41 PM
FP - Have you considered taking lessons on handling losses with grace from Martina?

Martina's explanation for the result of the match was "she played better". That about sums it up.

destructo_girl
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:04 PM
FP, this is meant in the nicest possible way, but -- Shut up.

Trust me, you're not the only one who is devastated by Martina's loss. Just read some of the threads that have been started up on this topic. ALL of us, Martina's fans, are disconsolate.
You think you're the only one who would gie up everything in their life just to see Martina happy? Take a goddamn number!

If you'd rather go and support someone else because Martina's not winning slams, then you're nothing but a front runner, and Martina doesn't even need fans like you. Its one thing to admire other players, its another to desert a player just because she only made it as a finalist of a Grand Slam so soon after she came back from surgery. What a shocking result, hey? She should be ashamed.

And Martina's not making excuses for her loss, so why should you? I'm sure Martina knows a whole lot more about her own situation than you do about hers.

And okay, if you dislike Capriati, thats your business. But quit saying all that $hit. It'll just reflect badly on Martina, and give her haters all the more reason to dump on her.

So in short, we, the Hingis fans, feel the same way you do, but maybe we're nicer about it (?). Don't come here and cry and whine, cos you're just giving others all the more reason to diss Hingis. Martina acted with class, why can't people (namely, haters and so-called fans) just accept it, and do the same?
And like I said at the beginning, its meant in the nicest possible way.

(to all: sorry. this was an extremely classless post, but I had to do it.)

FP
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Sorry guys i have no time to answer to all of u so let me answer to destructo_girl
Thx a lot and get lost ...
thx to u, now I know that not only me very very angree...

I'm not going to refuse from my words about Capriati except maybe this: "I WANT HER NEVER WIN ANY MATCH AGAIN NEVER IN HER LIFE". Hopefully God will not listen to me otherwise she will have to die and I don't want enything bad to happened to her. I have to change it on "I WANT HER NEVER WIN ANY MATCH AGAINST HINGIS AGAIN NEVER IN HER LIFE".

And you know guys I really start to respect Venus William coz most of the time she keeps her mouth shut as I know she had never used bad language at least (actually she has a father who will say all bad things)...

FP
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:18 PM
oh 1 more thing I guess I forgot
SHUT UP URSELF dear destructo_girl!!!

mn73
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:38 PM
You starting to sound scarily like someone who hurt the tennis tour a lot back in 1993. I think your posts sum up totally what we should think about your Capriati insults.

Jordan.
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:07 AM
STOP BEING MEAN!

Playa
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:53 AM
I'm not a Capriaty fan but i must admid i liked her behavior

the linesman and the umpire were doing a poor job
specialy the umpire (she probaply thought that she was an Emperor) but she didn't impress Jen

ironycaly as soon as Jen Yelled at her to fire the linesman

they both panicked and it was Martina's turn to get wrong calls and footfaults ...
They both did a very bad job ...Martina should've acted like jen
no Wonder the Umpire closed her eyes when Martina trew her racket away

:cool:

joao
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:39 AM
What kind of fan would give everything in his life to see her favourite player win a slam again??? C'mon..that is soooooo hypocrite ....... Nobody will give up his life to see his fave win a slam. And let me tell you : if you would do that, well, you probably would need some help!!!!!!!!

And Why bother with what players can say or not on court? I mean, they're playing in a slam Final, they're giving everything and emotionnally it's tough to be on that position. So let them express themselves. Why give warnings for bad words or for breaking rackets on courts?? Everybody says F words.......players are persons like everybody else! Just give them a break.......

jomar
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:50 AM
FP, stay away from tennis for a while. Don't involve yourself too much. It's just tennis; don't take thing seriously.:angel: :bounce: :kiss:

moby
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:48 PM
FP i know you love marti but so do all of us

Pop in to Marti Party and we can discuss marti's plans (like that will change anything)

Sam L
Jan 29th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Well after the match, in fact during the 3rd set (of course when we all knew Martina had blown it already) I just became really really angry at Martina :mad:

Why? I mean after 3 years without a grand slam, you work yourself up to this level. You have the best tournament out of everyone and is lucky enough that 2 potential threats to the title are not there in the beginning. You get to the final win the first set 6-4. Take an almost unbeatable lead of 4-0 and you still somehow manage to lose the match. I just became really angry at her and started thinking maybe she's just not cut out to be a great tennis player after all. I actually said Martina will never win a grand slam again & thought maybe she should retire.

Well I have calmed down since ;) and upon reflection she did a wonderful job. She actually continued playing even though I'm sure she knew she's lost (I would've walked off the court after set 2 and never return!) She did a wonderful gracious speech (I wouldn't have!) And she showed us what a professional she was and that she'd be back. Win or lose she'll still be #1 for me :)

Jennifer Capriati, whilst I don't like her for various other reasons, has to be applauded too. And guys don't hate her cause if you were in her shoes you'd do the same. I mean after all she is there to win!!! :confused:

DutchieGirl
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by joao
What kind of fan would give everything in his life to see her favourite player win a slam again??? C'mon..that is soooooo hypocrite ....... Nobody will give up his life to see his fave win a slam. And let me tell you : if you would do that, well, you probably would need some help!!!!!!!!

And Why bother with what players can say or not on court? I mean, they're playing in a slam Final, they're giving everything and emotionnally it's tough to be on that position. So let them express themselves. Why give warnings for bad words or for breaking rackets on courts?? Everybody says F words.......players are persons like everybody else! Just give them a break.......

My fave hasn't even won a GS, so I wouldn't give my life to see her win AGAIN! ;)

FP, Marti lost. It happens. Deal with it please! :) Everyone's fave loses, but most don't come here and start slagging off their opponent. That's not very nice!

gorecki
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:25 PM

FP
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:51 PM
ROFL joao I didn't say that i'm gonna give my life for GS (I said my money, my job but not life c'on), honestly I wouldn't give my life even for Marti's life :rolleyes:

Ok I did calm down...
I just want to say I'm sorry to our Jenn's fans for rabishing Capriati even though it is not her fault that her opponent gave up...:mad:
I don't like her and I think her behaviour was simply disgusting but it was not nice to say like that about her for sure:angel:

It was just very bad day. I guess I spoiled my exam and it was one of the most important exams just coz I watched tennis at 4 AM at 9 AM I was sitting in exam hall after sleepless night trying my best to concentrate on my work and simply couldn't :mad:
I just kept thingking of Marti lose. Gosh I wasn't care about my exam anymore and that was huge mistake... And after Safin's lose at Sunday I was totally pissed off:fiery:

And thx for being polate still after all. I'm wondering how u guys manage to be so nice and calm all the time :confused: u have to teach me:rolleyes:
I hope that ur girl deserve u...

Ok I'm gonna delete this thread in near future so if somebody wants to add something go ahead :wavey: