PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going?

Tennisace
Jul 16th, 2003, 03:11 AM
I think I'm going to make my way down to see qualies on Saturday and maybe Sunday :) But hence, have no money to go during the week :(

cynicole
Jul 16th, 2003, 07:09 AM
I think I'm going to make my way down to see qualies on Saturday and maybe Sunday :)

I might go to the qualies as well, depending on which players are showing up...and if I can shake my cold.

Tennisace
Jul 17th, 2003, 11:43 PM
I'm going to head down on Saturday, not sure if I'll be able to make Sunday...hoping but not certain :D

cynicole
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:27 PM
I still have my cold...but I'll be heading down for at least a short while. (Depends on how I feel if I stay longer or not.)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Does qualifying really start today? Some people are saying it starts Sunday and other say it starts today. IF anyone who is going wants to call or me to call them to get the draw id be happy to just PM me

Jacquie
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:31 PM
I still have my cold...but I'll be heading down for at least a short while. (Depends on how I feel if I stay longer or not.)
Hope one of you can get some results and draws for us..the draw was suppose to be posted last nite and of course it wasn't. I know a lot of the commitment people didn't show up.So would love to see some results. Thanks

cynicole
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Does qualifying really start today? Some people are saying it starts Sunday and other say it starts today. IF anyone who is going wants to call or me to call them to get the draw id be happy to just PM me

The site says qualies start today at 10am and start tomorrow at 11 or noon or something like that.

I wonder if I can call them...but, then again, nobody called them for a draw so maybe they don't have anyone staffed in the tourney office/trailer or something (I doubt they have volunteers today...'coz I got the forms and they didn't have positions on qualy days).

cynicole
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:39 PM
BTW, I'll also be there Monday thru Friday for the day sessions as well as the Friday night quarterfinal...and may do reports again this year if anyone is interested.

I might go tomorrow...but I'm not entirely sure about that yet. Depends on the draw.

paul_masterton
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:46 PM
they ahve to have people staffed in the tournament office as the tournament has begun. The tournament referee along wiht about 6 other people will be there.

The WTA Site gives this:

Peter Tatum
IMG
2 Bryant Street, Suite 150
San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone: 415-227-8000 (ext. 124)
Fax: 415-227-4288

Lee-Waters' Boy
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:57 PM
(415) 392-4400

Thats the box office number but it wont open for another hour today.

cynicole
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:59 PM
An early Saturday morning in San Francisco...I'm not even going to bother.

But I'm leaving in a half-hour (it's just the next town over). I should have the draw in the next hour...if y'all could wait.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Wow that would be great, are you coming back to post it or staying for some play?

cynicole
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:02 PM
Wow that would be great, are you coming back to post it or staying for some play?

I'm staying as long as I feel well. I mean, I'm not dying or anything and I'm getting better...and the fresh air would probably do me a bit of good.

But if it gets too crowded, I'll leave...'coz I don't want to give my cold to anyone. I also won't approach any players and hopefully won't have to approach any tournament staffers either.

I'll just call someone with the draw.

darrinbaker00
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:07 PM
I'll be heading to the qualies right after I post this message, and I'm going to the afternoon session next Saturday, which should be the singles semis. The Tuesday morning session is 50% off for USTA members, so I plan on going to that as well. ;)

Jacquie
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:18 PM
I'll be heading to the qualies right after I post this message, and I'm going to the afternoon session next Saturday, which should be the singles semis. The Tuesday morning session is 50% off for USTA members, so I plan on going to that as well. ;)
Nothing, was posted at the site yet they were doing construction and no draws were posted...Players were warming up...she was going to look for draws and call back!!!!

Jacquie
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Nothing, was posted at the site yet they were doing construction and no draws were posted...Players were warming up...she was going to look for draws and call back!!!!

Lee-Waters' Boy
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:30 PM
oh she called you? good hopefully we'll have a draw soon!

Jacquie
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:33 PM
oh she called you? good hopefully we'll have a draw soon!
There wasn't a draw posted at all and there was construction of putting up where draws would be????? So nothing. I also called tournament desk and they had a recording saying how to get tickets. !!!! :mad:

Tennisace
Jul 19th, 2003, 11:16 PM
Hahaha yeah it was a mess, they're still trying to put things together...its hard to believe that this is a Tier II event.