PDA

View Full Version : Any posters on here been "inside"?

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 16th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Just wondered of any posters on WTA World had ever done time in jail or a young offenders institute for a crime... I dont think many people are gonna admit to it on here but I'd like to hear some experiences if anyone has...

And before anyone says, no I'm not in trouble with the law... not for the time being anyway

Mase
Jul 16th, 2003, 12:02 AM
I did one night in a detox cell when I visited a friend at school..... dont knows if that counts but let me tell you, IT sucked!! :yeah:

~ The Leopard ~
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:41 AM
I thought this was another thread about whether any of us had lost our virginity.

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 16th, 2003, 10:19 AM
jouissant, I left that option open for it to turn into one of those threads ;)

jon - tut tut, what did you take?

My brushes with the law appear as follows-

Aged 10, got a telling off from the police with me mates for having a water fight on private property, Severn Trent Water property lol.

King Satan
Jul 16th, 2003, 10:26 AM
i've never been on the inside but if i don't start driving right i just may! for instance...i've gotten so many speeding/running a redlight/racing tickts that now when i get stopped, the typical cop question is, "oh! it's you again!" :sad:
*sings: booooorn to be wiiiiiillllld!*

nope, i havent' been on the inside. and i'm lucky i havent' been. in high school i used to sell drugs and hang around with gang members.......so i'm lucky to be here :)

irma
Jul 16th, 2003, 10:50 AM
I stole one winegum from a shop once and I was so scared they would come after me. that thought kept me on the right path :p

irma
Jul 16th, 2003, 10:53 AM
oh wait that's not true I once wanted to have a gum (not a candything this time) with garfield on it and I found it to expensive so I removed the pricelabel and got it cheaper.
that was my last criminal act;)

Fantastic
Jul 16th, 2003, 03:25 PM
I got 1500 hours community service at a nursing home for being an accomplice to pushing over an old lady in a wheelchair and then leaving her on the footpath. She wasn't injured or anything but the act shocked her, I guess. I didn't see it actually happen but I lied for my friend who did it. I told the police that he was with me the whole time when really he wasn't. I was at the bus stop waiting for him. Apparently, being an accomplice is just as bad as committing the act itself. Not proud of any of that but it was over 10 years ago and luckily, I do not have it recorded as a crime on my record since it never went to court. The lady didn't press charges but her nurse reported what she saw. My friend and I admitted guilt and volunteered (actually, it was me who suggested it) to do the community service instead of taking the matter any further. The police came up with the idea of making us do our "time" at the nursing home to teach us to respect the elderly and the sick. It was a humbling experience, but I hope I never end up in a nursing home. Some of those nurses treated the elderly people in there like shit. People should seriously think twice before sending off their elderly mother or father to a nursing home. I was scared for them.

Miss Thang
Jul 16th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Does visiting somebody count? :cool:

ASV_FAN
Jul 16th, 2003, 11:16 PM
Came too close for comfort a few times when I've been searched but luckily they never did an internal ;) .

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 17th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Jonny, you are the original bad boy... ;)

Lisbeth
Jul 17th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Not as a prisoner but I've been in prisons a few times visiting clients. Put me right off any thought of practising criminal law long term, let me tell you! And my sister had to work in the psych ward of a prison as part of her training and almost got seriously hurt because they left her alone with a really, really crazy serial criminal three times her size and he locked himself in the room with her! Though I'm told some prisons are better than others.

BTW, some nursing homes are better than others too. I used to work in a great one and never saw anyone treated anything but kindly, but I've heard the bad stories too.

Fantastic
Jul 17th, 2003, 02:10 PM
My uncle went to Singapore on holidays about eleven years ago. Nobody in the family knew he was doing drugs. When he arrived in Singapore, they found his stash and immediately locked him up. He is still there in rehabilitation. He won't be out for at least another three or four years.

A uni friend of mine was an international student who came to study in Australia. The night before she went home, she tried some pot at a farewell party. When she arrived in Singapore, they did a random urine test on her and her boyfriend. Both of them still had the cannabis in their systems and were put in jail for a year. This was about four years ago. Her parents forbade her from seeing the boyfriend and they forbade her from leaving the country ever again. She's a bit of a bad girl, but only because her parents are so bloody strict. But imagine that? She does pot once and she gets thrown into prison. She'll never do pot again in a hurry.

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 18th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Well Jon Crane, I was actually referring to t'other Jonny... but you are a bad boy too!

In our house (In this house! Sound like the Dentons off League of Gents!).. we have a special box full of old subbuteo players, I used to go round jumble sales as a kid and buy like, slightly damaged subbuteo teams for 5p and put the decent ones in this box we had...

But yeah a damaged player can f**k things up totally, An armless centre forward can cause a hell of a lot of problems. My subbuteo picth is akin to a Central Midlands League pitch, slight slope (even on the chipboard we put it on) and bobbly as hell... the Astroturf ones were the better ones but for traditions sake me dad insisted we got the normal one. And a scoreboard. Spring goalies and them throw in takers to me were cheating, in my book...

My dad also used to question the way I played Subbuteo, he never used to like the fact I used my thumb to drive my index finger into the ball, he used to just do it with just the index finger, which was his downfall in my opinion.

Then again, I used to take penalties with such brute force that we never knew if the ball actually went in, and the player would fly off and hit the wall and become decapitated. We always used to play on Sundays just before "The Match" on ITV (hosted by Elton Welsby), and had a match up between the two sides that were playing and see if that would determine the score... them wor t'days.

But enough remeniscing, I do have a crime related subbuteo story myself!

When I was about 13, me, my mate Ross (Ross Davenport, who is representing Great Britain now in swimming), and Pete went to Derby to do a spot of shopping. We ended up getting confronted by a group of "bigger boys", who said we had been dissing their cousin. We hadnt, me and Pete were like "come on, it's bollocks, lets go". Ross fell for the whole thing. So we had to follow him as they lead us to a side street near Midland Rd. Ross got his trainers nicked off him, they went for Pete's bag which had a computer game in but didnt get it... they didnt go for my stuff... Derby County and Leicester City subbuteo teams and a small FA Premier League Trophy!

Subbuteo - saves you from being mugged. (If they had have forced me to get my wallet out they could have got away with £80 cash, inexperienced fools.)

King Satan
Jul 18th, 2003, 01:18 AM
I shot someone before. but i never got locked up. i got away.