PDA

View Full Version : What summer blockbuster did you want to see or have you seen?

apoet29
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Have seen:

The Matrix Reloaded :bounce: :bounce:
Bruce Almighty :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Finding Nemo :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Charlie's Angels2 :bounce:
Daddy Day Care :bounce: :bounce:
League of Extraordinary Gentleman :bounce: :bounce:

:bounce: indicates my rating of each film

Want to see:
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 2
28 Days Later
Terminator 3
Seasbiscuit
S.W.A.T.
Le Divorce

Cersei
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 2 :bounce:
only one i really want to see

Kanji
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Have seen (in order of preference) :

Charlie's Angels : Full Throttle
The Matrix Reloaded
Hulk
League of Extraordinary Gentleman

Want to see :

Tomb Raider : The Cradle of Life
Terminator 3
Sinbad
Pirates of the Caribbean
Legally Blonde 2 : Red, White & Blond

Barrie_Dude
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Charlies Angels: Full Throttle (Lucy Liu :drool: )

Lara Croft: Cradle of Life (Angelina Jolie :drool: :drool: )

apoet29
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Mini-Reviews of movies I've seen:

The Matrix Reloaded: Did not live up to the originality of the first film. While the love story between Neo and Trinity is very sweet, the dialogue often gets weighed down in the discussion of what it means to be human and our inevitable destruction. Highlight: Monica Belucci as a disgruntled wife.

Charlie's Angels 2: Despite the presence of Demi Moore in a black bikini, this film had no plot or storyline beyond the importance of female friendships. Female empowerment, while important, does not make a movie Highlight: Demi Moore

Bruce Almighty: Hilarious, sweet look at appreciating the life you are given. This is definitely Carrey's best film since Liar, Liar and Aniston is great in a film where she has to compete with Carrey's mugging. Morgan Freeman as God could have taught George Burns a thing or two. Highlight: Bruce (Carrey) meeting God (Freeman) for the first time.

Finding Nemo: Easily the best film I have seen all summer. From the incredible animation, to the sweet story about parent-child relationships to Ellen Degeneres' lovable character Dori--a blue Tang with short-term memory problems--this film easily delivers some of the best action and comedy you will find in any summer movie.Highlight: Crush, the sea turtle, giving Dori and Marlin a ride down the East Aussie current.

Daddy Day Care: Not one of Eddie Murphy's better films, but it is still much better than The Adventures of Pluto Nash. Still, I would love to see the raunchy Eddie Murphy come back and make a movie. Who would have ever thought of Murphy as a family actor after seeing his concert "Raw?" Highlight: Murphy looking in the bathroom after one of his clients makes a mess while the theme to Psycho plays in the background.

League of Extraordinary Gentleman: Sean Connery, 74, still kicks major ass in a movie about 19th century literary figures who form a league to stop a world war. Connery is the definite highlight of the film, while I wish they would have given Peta Wilson much more to do. Highlight: Wilson's Mina Harker defending herself against a terrorist.

Well, those are my reviews. Feel free to submit your own.

skanky~skanketta
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:55 AM
seen charlie's angels, t3, hulk, finding nemo, bruce almighty.

want to see daddy day care, legally blonde 2, lara croft and DEFINITELY, topping the list, sinbad.

DunkMachine
Jul 15th, 2003, 10:20 AM
pirates of the carribean. but i'm waiting to watch it with someone. :)

I would have liked that ;).

As a fan of "Treasure Island" (with one of my favorite actors Charlton Heston) I think PotC looks promising.

2 Fast 2 Furious was the BOMB

fried_beans
Jul 15th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Matrix Reloaded ---AMAZING
X Men 2 -- really good
2 Fast 2 Furious -- Felt like a TV episode and not a movie...didnt compare to the first one
Bruce Almighty- cute, funny

HULK ---worst movie ive ever seen in my life...terrible...so boring and just plain bad!

Miss Thang
Jul 15th, 2003, 04:04 PM
T3 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Aint seen the other one u talkin bout but Italian Job was da bomb. Mos Def was off da chain. :cool:

propi
Jul 15th, 2003, 04:16 PM
I've only seen
Matrix reloaded :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
X-men 2 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bacardi
Jul 15th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Want to see:
Tomb Raider 2: The Cradle of Life
Seabiscuit
New Mandy Moore Movie (What's it called?)

Have seen and HATED:
2 Fast 2 Furious (Cheap ass ghetto flick with corny cars... someone pull the plug before they make installment 3. I'm tired of seeing neon glowing off the sides of POS Honda's, etc) Come to think of it, I hated the first one.. I only went as a favor to my friend... piff some friends I have.
Legally Blonde 2 (IT WAS HORRIBLE... no where near as good as the first)
*Do not waste your money on the above to flicks or you will find yourself kicking your own ass wondering "WHY OH WHY"

Cool Movies I've seen:
Matrix Reloaded (It was OK, I'd see it again)
T3 (What can I say, cool movie, worth seeing)
Charlies Angels 2 (I liked it :D )

spyro
Jul 15th, 2003, 05:12 PM
I have only seen X2...it's a great movie, better than the 1st

King Aaron
Jul 15th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Have seen:

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle :bounce: :dance: :D :) Paying RM 9 to see P!nk was worth it! :D

Finding Nemo - Hilarious!

X2: X-Men United - :cool: Very cool. Mystique :drool:

Wants to see:

Pirates Of The Carribean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl
Legally Blond 2: Red, White and Blond

Mr. Man
Jul 15th, 2003, 05:19 PM
The new Mandy Moore movie..is called How to deal.

I've seen:
X-Men 2
Terminator 3

Want to see:
Hulk
Legally Blonde 2
Pirates of the carribean

Julian
Jul 16th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Have seen:

Finding Nemo-GREAT MOVIE..good for all ages is definitely true in here
X-Men 2 (X2)-DITTO!!! Great acting and so realistic with nice story
The Hulk-HORRIBLE!! OMG can you say OVERRATED! lol
Bruce Almighty-GREAT..definitely a life lesson for everyone
Terminator 3-GREAT...except the ending...lol
Matrix Reloaded-OK..if I had the chance to watch it again I would only look forward to the fighting scenes lol

Want to see:

2 fast 2 furious-All my friendz saw it except me :( I was going to but the night I went they sold out of tickets and I watched Bruce Almighty instead..but you know as of now I dont regret watching BA instead of 2F2F
Daddy Day Care
Charlie's Angels Full Throttle-Want to see all the hype that surrounded the movie, the beautiful actresses and especially Demi Moore!! :hearts:

~ The Leopard ~
Jul 16th, 2003, 02:28 AM
So far I have seen, in the blockbuster category:

X-Men 2 :hearts: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hulk :confused: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The Matrix Reloaded :bounce: :bounce:

For my money, X2 is the best movie of its kind ever. Surprisingly sensible plot, strong characterisation and good acting, superb action scenes that are not just mind-blowing but actually show you stuff about the characters and their powers. I can't recommend it strongly enough for those who like such movies.

Hulk. Hmmmmmmmm, why take an implausible story and make it even less plausible with a whole lot of loopy elaboration? This seems to me a badly botched movie in a lot of the choices that were made. And yet.....it has a lot going for it. Some superb and interesting action scenes. In some ways, state of the art in how to produce/direct/edit an action movie. If only it had had a better script.

Matrix Reloaded was a serious disappointment for me. Far too self-indulgent. The action scenes went on so long that I just got sick of them. Of course they looked good but they were not all that creative conceptually (as opposed to technically). I'll see it again and hope to like it more the next time, but I just hope that Revolutions is a better movie.

I'm still getting around to seeing Finding Nemo. The trailer looks great. T3 starts here later in the week. It sounds like a strong movie, if not up to the extraordinary standards of its predecessors, which are among my all-time favourites, so I'm looking forward to it.

fried_beans
Jul 16th, 2003, 11:39 AM
I just saw T3 but WTF was up with that ending? lol

roots
Jul 16th, 2003, 01:55 PM
I went to see Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle last night. Honestly, it was a fun and entertaining movie, ment to not be taken too seriously. Great action scenes and really funny moments. Still can't get over Demi's body. I don't care how much she paid for it, she looks stunning at 40!!

Did you guys caych all the cameos? Bruce Willis (US Marshall), Carrie Fisher, aka Princess Leiha, (Mother superior) and the original Charlie's Angel Jacquelyn Smith.

Nicoleke
Jul 16th, 2003, 04:08 PM
I really want to see " Legally blonde 2 " .....

Poe
Jul 16th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Have seen (in order of preference) :

Charlie's Angels : Full Throttle
The Matrix Reloaded
Hulk
League of Extraordinary Gentleman

Want to see :

Tomb Raider : The Cradle of Life
Terminator 3
Sinbad
Pirates of the Caribbean
Legally Blonde 2 : Red, White & Blond

the way we've been going i'm sure we'll see all of those too :D

Kanji
Jul 16th, 2003, 04:25 PM
the way we've been going i'm sure we'll see all of those too :D
Are you sure ?... this is a lot of movies. ;)

Poe
Jul 16th, 2003, 04:30 PM
pff it's only 5 dont be a pussy